Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  177 178 [179] 180 181   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:54:55 AM   
Phil Riewer

#Vikings Danielle Hunter named NFL Defensive Player of the Month for October. #SKOL

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 4451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:55:17 AM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

Addison looks like a future Pro Bowler, maybe All Pro.

But, did we make a mistake not drafting Levis? It was just one game but the guy is athletic and has the big arm.

Would have given the team an extra shot at a top QB while the rest of the offensive pieces are in place. Evaluate Levis this year, and if need be pick another top one next year. Certainly helps to have hit on Addison.

I think there were some injury concerns with him(Levis). Time will tell if we made a mistake.

Nice to see you back on here, jbusse.

The knock on Levis was pocket presence... his comp was Kirk in that category.
Be interesting to see if he continues to ball out or if he comes back to earth.
Love his arm.
Post #: 4452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 11:56:45 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

But, did we make a mistake not drafting Levis? It was just one game but the guy is athletic and has the big arm.

Would have given the team an extra shot at a top QB while the rest of the offensive pieces are in place. Evaluate Levis this year, and if need be pick another top one next year. Certainly helps to have hit on Addison.

I think there were some injury concerns with him(Levis). Time will tell if we made a mistake.

So desperate for play makers we had to use our 2nd for TJ........would have been a great option. Maybe Hall/Dobbs will perform just as well?

I know, but it may have been expensive to move that far up in the 2nd.

Draft a QB every year....learn from past GM and Coaches mistakes.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 4453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 12:07:13 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Bingo Phil!
Post #: 4454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 12:15:07 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Overthecap.com

It’s criminal what KFC is getting and will continue to get for being worthless on a football field.

Depends on your perspective. If you're a fan of Kirk Cousins, you're impressed with his ability to capitalize on capitalism. If you're a fan of the Vikings, you want something better.

Weird---this sans/stans thing going on.
How about what is best for the team?
Apparently if it was up to the coaches & players he would be back.
The supposed Stans fans want to win and I remember the Don McNabb, Joe Webb, and Ponder year.....I would rather have Dobbs, Hall, and Kirk.

Joe Webb started 3 games in 4 years for us. He's only in this conversation because you're being overly dramatic.

McNabb played in 6 games as a Viking - on one of the 2 worst teams this franchise has ever fielded (matched only by 3-13 Les Steckel debacle)

Ponder has 1 less career Playoff win than Cousins.
Post #: 4455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 12:15:58 PM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So desperate for play makers we had to use our 2nd for TJ........would have been a great option. Maybe Hall/Dobbs will perform just as well?

I know, but it may have been expensive to move that far up in the 2nd.

Draft a QB every year....learn from past GM and Coaches mistakes.

Future GMs will be learning from Kwesi's mistakes (jk). Hopefully Kwesi has turned the corner, and he keeps trending up (Addison being a solid positive).
Post #: 4456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 12:23:30 PM   
marty

Some were saying we didn't need a WR with the 1st pick, that KJ was ready to step up and be the #2.

I am happy with the Addison pick.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 12:27:53 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Some were saying we didn't need a WR with the 1st pick, that KJ was ready to step up and be the #2.

I am happy with the Addison pick.

I don't think many thought the defense would be instrumental in some of these wins Especially this early. Flores has done a great job overall imo.
Post #: 4458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 12:30:45 PM   
marty

I hope we get to see JJ and Addison on the field together for many games.

My fear with Addison is his lack of size will lead to lots of injuries. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt the 1st game that JJ comes back.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 12:33:21 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

My fear with Addison is his lack of size will lead to lots of injuries. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt the 1st game that JJ comes back.

Deebo gets hurt more than anyone. I understand the concern but sometimes it's not all about size. I don't remember AC being plagued by injuries and the 2 have very similar statures. I'm going off memory so I could be wrong about AC.

< Message edited by Richard Neussendorfer -- 11/2/2023 12:34:40 PM >
Post #: 4460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 12:34:02 PM   
marty

Many thought the defense would improve, I guaranteed it would move up 10 spots, not sure where they're at right now, but they have looked good when not facing talented, savvy veterans.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 12:35:59 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Many thought the defense would improve, I guaranteed it would move up 10 spots, not sure where they're at right now, but they have looked good when not facing talented, savvy veterans.

Improve yes. But being instrumental in winning games when the offense doesn't have it? I'd say they've exceeded expectations.

< Message edited by Richard Neussendorfer -- 11/2/2023 12:37:20 PM >
Post #: 4462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 12:53:44 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.
It’s not possible for Kirk cousins to be the best chance for the Vikings’ success. The team’s success with him has been laughable. We can get the same amount of success (or more) from Hall/Dobbs (as we’re about to see). Now consider giving a highly touted rookie we draft in 2024 a shot? The upside is potentially unlimited and the floor will still be mediocrity. Yet so many want to run it back with known mediocrity that comes at a high price?

I thought that too but the way Kwesi and KOC talk---it doesn't seem to be the case. Also the team loves Kirk. So all that talk about not being a leader seems to be smoke.

Whatever they do I will cheer for them. I am a Vikings fan first....

That is just perfect.

You don't even realize what a spot on demonstration your post is ... between KC Viking fans (aka 'Kirkos' or as some would say Kuckoos) ... and just plain ol' Vikings fans that neither need nor crave for Cousins to be part of the path forward.

Now ... before you get started, I think you are an outstanding Vikings fan. So don't go there, I'm not questioning that at all.

Nor am I questioning your need to post little tamales to the shrine of Kirk - it is Dia de Los Muertos after all. So appropriate.

But the fact that you have to quantify your being 'a Viking fan first' AFTER tossing out your little KC supplications ... that's pretty ripe. Do you really think any team would not get behind their starting QB after an injury? Maybe you think some teams will cheer the news?

That smoke you are dreaming ... maybe its imaginary conclave smoke that's coming out of the Sistine Chapel chimney as they elect Kirk the new Pope.

I know, I know. I'm a hater.

(Me: Ever noticed that Kirk is right-handed? You: Hater!!! Case closed.)
Post #: 4463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 1:46:10 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

It’s not possible for Kirk cousins to be the best chance for the Vikings’ success. The team’s success with him has been laughable. We can get the same amount of success (or more) from Hall/Dobbs (as we’re about to see). Now consider giving a highly touted rookie we draft in 2024 a shot? The upside is potentially unlimited and the floor will still be mediocrity. Yet so many want to run it back with known mediocrity that comes at a high price?

You'll point to the 4-4 record and say it is equal if we finish 9-8 or 8-9.

But, I think the offense was just starting to take off and perhaps become Top 5. It sucks that Cousins got hurt because he looked to have shaken off a slow start and was on fire. OLine was awesome, Kirk was comfortable and the receivers were starting to catch everything instead of having killer drops.

Hopefully Hall or Dobbs catch fire like Cousins did the last 2 games and we go on a run. I think it will be Dobbs.

I’ll point to the last six years. And there’s multiple excuses for all six of them.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 1:53:14 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

But, I think the offense was just starting to take off and perhaps become Top 5. It sucks that Cousins got hurt because he looked to have shaken off a slow start and was on fire. OLine was awesome, Kirk was comfortable and the receivers were starting to catch everything instead of having killer drops.

Hopefully Hall or Dobbs catch fire like Cousins did the last 2 games and we go on a run. I think it will be Dobbs.

I’ll point to the last six years. And there’s multiple excuses for all six of them.

Why not just point to the last 61 years?
Post #: 4465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 2:01:46 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Because when I was 5 I didn’t give a rats ass about the Vikings.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 4466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 2:02:39 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Because we’re changing course from the last 6 years. Before that is unchangeable.
Post #: 4467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 2:14:19 PM   
drviking

quote:

I assume you think he will have Addison's disease...

I mean...it is inevitable, isn't it

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 4468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 2:16:35 PM   
drviking

I am fine moving in from the KFC era

I was fine moving on from the Zim era

Both were OK

Still way better than suck beyond all suck era

Post #: 4469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 2:18:45 PM   
Bill Johanesen

We've been to Super Bowls with a couple of QBs.

We've been to NFC Championship games with several other QBs.

After six years with Kirk, we've had one playoff victory.

Say what you will about Case Keenum, but with the clock running out he made a couple of awesome plays. With the game on the line, he decisively fired it to his playmaker and not to a slow, covered TE stuck running parallel to the LOS 5 yards short of the first down marker. He did not get ridiculed nationally for throwing short of the sticks.
Post #: 4470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 2:21:34 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Say what you will about Case Keenum, but with the clock running out he made a couple of awesome plays. With the game on the line, he decisively fired it to his playmaker and not to a slow, covered TE stuck running parallel to the LOS 5 yards short of the first down marker. He did not get ridiculed nationally for throwing short of the sticks.

I am just fine with letting Case Keenum go. He was a disaster waiting to happen.

Kirk certainly has his warts. Don't get me wrong. but moving on from Case Keenum was a good idea.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 4471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 2:23:53 PM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Because we’re changing course from the last 6 years. Before that is unchangeable.

Good point. The 55 years prior to Cousins have no relevance regarding the futility of the Cousins era.

But technically, we have already changed All that's left is some admin paperwork and maybe a Jesus statue stuck on his locker.
Post #: 4472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 2:27:58 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

I am just fine with letting Case Keenum go. He was a disaster waiting to happen.

Kirk certainly has his warts. Don't get me wrong. but moving on from Case Keenum was a good idea.

That goes without saying, especially when pointing out how Keenum showed up in the big moment, while Cousins wilted.
Post #: 4473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 2:46:52 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

That goes without saying, especially when pointing out how Keenum showed up in the big moment, while Cousins wilted.

as a vikings QB, Keenum has the same number of playoff victories.

Granted it was in one year, while Kirk has had six. In any case both took a last minute play to pull of the win.
Remarkably similar in that regard.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 4474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/2/2023 2:54:03 PM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

And signing Kirk was a great idea

Extending him was an OK idea, I would have preferred to try something else.

Moving on now is a good idea

JMO

Post #: 4475
Page:   <<   < prev  177 178 [179] 180 181   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  177 178 [179] 180 181   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode