Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  240 241 [242] 243 244   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2023 6:29:07 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

KOC outcoached today.
Flores outcoached today.

Mullins... not good.

womp wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well it was just a matter of time before we played someone that figured out how to attack our defense … maybe it was just we couldn’t match up with their WRs … or our CBs didn’t hold up, however you want to say it.

I actually didn’t mind the playcalling for a lot of the first half. Maybe Chandler having some room to run made it seem better than it was.

The calamitous never seen before sack-grounding-int by the sacker put a smell on the first half that lingered well after. Put me down for wanting to see Hall next. It should be a no brainer.

They completed a few jump balls with our DBs in position but not able to make the play. It’s the NFL - expect 20+ points to be scored frequently. We had a hell of a run with the low scores. Maybe we’ll start another one.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6026
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2023 8:11:37 PM   
MDK

KOC should be fired tonight for incredibly stupid play calling on 3rd and short and 4th and short in OT.

Play Hall the rest of the season.

See what he can do.

55 years watching the Vikings.

A truly pathetic organization.

That includes Bud's teams where duck hunting was more important than winning a super bowl

Seth Meyer's special on the debate.
Seth: "At the start of the debate, Kamala walked up to Trump and grabbed his hand....cause she's a star"
Post #: 6027
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2023 8:18:01 PM   
Todd M

Some guys will play with pride but overall I expect this team to be deflated. They know they’re not going anywhere. I expect to lose out.
Post #: 6028
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2023 8:48:44 PM   
marty

I know the Vikings are going to lose, I just want them to lose the way I want them to lose.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6029
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2023 9:09:05 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Detroit , Green Bay, Detroit..

Who wants to go with:

1-2?

2-1?

1-1-1?

0-3?

3-0?

I’m on the 1-2

Last game will be meaningless exercise in “ try not to get injured..”

Might as well run KFC out there..

His mobility is unchanged, and I’m sure he can lob 2-3 yard passes all day..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/16/2023 9:43:05 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6030
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/16/2023 9:11:00 PM   
David Levine

I forgot we were playing today.

Probably for the best...
Post #: 6031
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 2:37:18 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Mullins is not better than Dobbs or Hill but I hear he’s already got the nod.

Season over. 7-10 here we come.

The way Dobbs has looked lately I'm gonna have to disagree. At this point we should put the young guy in. This team isn't making the postseason anyway.

It should absolutely be Hall.

I’m putting Mullens last bc he’s horrible in the pocket and throws an ugly ball.

We’d be rolling into the playoffs if Kevin let Dobbs be Dobbs.

mullens is the worst athlete in the NFL...that deep ball he threw to Jefferson was as far as he could heave the thing - and it looked like it went 35 yards - way short....

when mullens tried to run for a first down, he looked like he was running in sand with concrete boots on - there is nobody slower in the league....

guys like mullens hide on the bench and make $2mm/yr...their biggest fear is that they'll have to play football in a real game and be exposed...it's over nick - I hope you saved some of the loot you made....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6032
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 3:01:00 AM   
ratoppenheimer

some call o'connell the quarterback whisperer...in reality, he's the quarterback killer...next up; jaren hall - good luck jaren....

if this team was serious about keeping the train running in 2023 then they would have brought in an experienced starter who'd won some games in their life...someone that would tell o'connell that his plays were too long in developing and there are too many wr's in same area of the field and that up the gut running plays that allow 11 box defenders are not a good idea....

Post #: 6033
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 3:55:58 AM   
ratoppenheimer

i would prefer that the vikings draft a qb that they project as the 2024 starter - no matter what the costs...do a QB reset - even if it costs four 1sts...find the best leader, no injury history, good athlete, smart with good passing skills - doesn't have to be the best passer, no emotional baggage....

don't resign cousins - give the money to jefferson, hunter and sign some d-line and o-line - darrisaw down the road...seeing jefferson yesterday was a reminder of the extraordinary wr he is - keep him....

maybe tell o'connell he can keep his job if he signs a solid offense coordinator that calls plays - the players seem to like him and the whole 'culture' thing....

Post #: 6034
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 6:29:50 AM   
Todd M

There were those that in no way wanted to see Mullens. They knew what we were getting. Too bad our coaching staff didn’t.

At least he’ll secure us a better draft spot.
Post #: 6035
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 7:21:03 AM   
BisonFan

It's the day after a VERY disappointing loss and here are my thoughts. The tush push with Powell as the pusher made no sense at all when you have Ham or other who could have done that. KOC talks about being more aggressive at the end of games but that doesn't mean making have play calling to get the job done. KOC cannot take the blame alone as the great Flores showed he had some Donnatello in him with that soft defense in the second half. Made Browning look like a great quarterback.

Yes I am still upset but I also do not believe KOC should be fired. All coaches, including rookies and super bowl winners, make dumb decisions and lose games they shouldn't. Yes, KOC has done it several times this year which is why all of us fans are angry. I always believe that coaches deserve three years to prove they are good for a team and the program is improving. If KOC doesn't get the job done next year, let him go. Let's hope we have a quarterback that can lead the team to wins next year.

Let's enjoy what may be the last three games of the year. Merry Christmas to you all.
Post #: 6036
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 7:27:02 AM   
Todd M

One thing I hate about the Defense are the constant looks that they’re bringing the pressure only to see 3 guys drop out…and we get no pressure nor do we stop the pass completion.
Post #: 6037
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 9:22:43 AM   
marty

Maybe Flores should look at what Donatell did on defense in close games last year in the 4th quarter.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6038
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 10:08:28 AM   
BisonFan

I just like the boy who cried wolf. Sometimes you just need to commit and take a chance.
Post #: 6039
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 10:22:06 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I don’t understand the use of the three man rush defense.. at all

Our coverage guys are average at best.. if the 3 man front can’t bring pressure, a second or third read is bound to work open, and we apparently suck at contested catches by being on the losing end, both on offense and defense.

I see a ton of internet chatter about BFlo losing this game with soft defense, which is no surprise.

One thing is constant with this team… playing not to lose and “ keep it in front of you” on defense, no matter how much cushion you have to give..

Not a fan..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6040
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 10:59:39 AM   
Todd M

There were times the 3 man rush almost got there and if any one of the 3 fake blitzers had actually blitzed it would have been a big play. One of them on a key 3rd down near the end of the game that could have made a difference.

So while Flores has done more with less and impressed he has shown conservative tendencies as well. Not 100% sold he make that much better a HC.
Post #: 6041
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 11:32:45 AM   
Todd M

Maybe Ricky has had some time, seen some tweets that absolutely shows how the 2nd tush push had no chance at all. Kevin should have called TO bc the Bengals had 2 DT lined up on Bradbury.
Post #: 6042
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 11:36:18 AM   
Todd M

It’s not a good look when you make game changing stupid or weak decisions and then lie to try and not look as bad.
Post #: 6043
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 11:45:11 AM   
Todd M

It’s going to be tough getting through the next year and a half 2 years until the Wilfs and majority of fans get that we’re not going anywhere with Kevin.

But we have to play it out, right? I don’t believe so but the Wilfs and most of you all can’t cut bait based on an easy read. What if it goes runner runner and we get a royal flush to win?
Post #: 6044
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 12:15:01 PM   
ronhextall

Saying KOC will fail is easy.

Share with us 2 or 3 coaches you think win a Super Bowl soon that haven’t yet.

Only one I would bet does is 49ers coach.
Post #: 6045
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 12:23:17 PM   
David F.

quote:

Maybe Ricky has had some time, seen some tweets that absolutely shows how the 2nd tush push had no chance at all. Kevin should have called TO bc the Bengals had 2 DT lined up on Bradbury.

I can’t confirm it but there are posts on social media stating you can see Flores asking O’Connell to call timeout as the second tush push is being lined up.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6046
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 12:24:23 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Saying KOC will fail is easy.

Share with us 2 or 3 coaches you think win a Super Bowl soon that haven’t yet.

Only one I would bet does is 49ers coach.

Sign him to a lifetime deal!
Post #: 6047
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 12:28:14 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

I can’t confirm it but there are posts on social media stating you can see Flores asking O’Connell to call timeout as the second tush push is being lined up.

The two guys with bad backs executing the tush push just seems hilarious.
Post #: 6048
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 12:30:37 PM   
ronhextall

Lots of people here must love the Carolina owner. Go through coaches like water
Post #: 6049
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2023 1:13:06 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

I heard this last night on Purple Daily but didn't have time to confirm as we had a holiday party. I have it recorded and just rewatched that sequence:

1. After Hock makes that catch for 9 yards, Mullens hurries the team up and sneaks for a first down but Cincy got a TO called to nullify it
2. We try the first sneak and it's a really bad call. Not only do you have Powell as the guy that is pushing, he gets there and puts his hands on Mullens' back for a full second showing exactly what's coming (although, I'm sure they knew anyway)
3. As KOC is finishing relaying the play call in, Flores comes up and taps and tells him to call a TO. KOC ignores it completely. In his defense, not sure he even knew it happened but it was an obvious call at that point in the game.

It was caught on tape 100%. You/we can debate whether or not KOC knew about it but it happened.
Post #: 6050
Page:   <<   < prev  240 241 [242] 243 244   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  240 241 [242] 243 244   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode