Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  259 260 [261] 262 263   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 7:54:26 AM   
Arlowe84

quote:

ORIGINAL: BisonFan

Suffering my New Years Viking hangover this morning. Have that horrible taste in my mouth and my head hurts thinking about this team. Yes injuries make a difference but the lack of preparation is on the coaches. I am not for kicking KOC out the door this year but he needs to prove it next year. Is he last year's coach of a winning team or the one we have seen this year?

Happy New Year to you all!

Crazy thing is Packers had more backups than the Bikes last night.

The defense is so devoid of talent. Hunter just hit a wall and there is absolutely no depth behind Wonnum.
Pace is a nice story, but his limitations have shown up the last few games. He's going to need a lot of help around him.
he gets washed out of so many plays due to his size, he needs to be freed up a bit.

I guess I miss Byron Murphy. Evans is right up there with one of our worst DBs of all time.

Probably was stupid not to trade away Hunber for picks while they had the chance.
If you assume we use the first pick for QB, that leave only a 2nd,a the and 2 5th to add a lot of defensive spots.
Likely won't be adding a bunch of impact defensive players next year.
Kwesi's track record is not good through 2 drafts.

Booth, Asamoah, Cine, Roy, Ward, Blackmon, Evans, etc. Just not much there.
Post #: 6501
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 10:06:14 AM   
Jeff Jesser

My biggest takeaway from last night was when they put the camera on KAM. He was sitting there clowning it up with a shit eating grin on face. His project, about to get bounced from the playoffs by their arch rivals, at home....and he's having a great time.

That just blew my mind. You're the GM that put this thing together and they are getting boat raced. I would have stormed out after the first to start looking for better answers but I'm glad he was having a good time. It was NYE after all.
Post #: 6502
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 10:41:09 AM   
Bill Jandro

Fans should get a refund and be compensated for that shit show of a performance.

Just painful to even watch this team. I for one, am not going to waste my time on them until they actually put someone in charge that understands football. It's plain to see this current regime is clueless.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6503
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 10:48:31 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arlowe84

quote:

ORIGINAL: BisonFan

Suffering my New Years Viking hangover this morning. Have that horrible taste in my mouth and my head hurts thinking about this team. Yes injuries make a difference but the lack of preparation is on the coaches. I am not for kicking KOC out the door this year but he needs to prove it next year. Is he last year's coach of a winning team or the one we have seen this year?

Happy New Year to you all!

Crazy thing is Packers had more backups than the Bikes last night.

The defense is so devoid of talent. Hunter just hit a wall and there is absolutely no depth behind Wonnum.
Pace is a nice story, but his limitations have shown up the last few games. He's going to need a lot of help around him.
he gets washed out of so many plays due to his size, he needs to be freed up a bit.

I guess I miss Byron Murphy. Evans is right up there with one of our worst DBs of all time.

Probably was stupid not to trade away Hunber for picks while they had the chance.
If you assume we use the first pick for QB, that leave only a 2nd,a the and 2 5th to add a lot of defensive spots.
Likely won't be adding a bunch of impact defensive players next year.
Kwesi's track record is not good through 2 drafts.

Booth, Asamoah, Cine, Roy, Ward, Blackmon, Evans, etc. Just not much there.

What happened to Evans? He used to just have bad ball skills. Now he is not even in the picture when the receiver catches the ball.
Post #: 6504
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 10:51:49 AM   
Mark Anderson

It was disheartening to see 5 and 6 man blitzes not get any pressure at all. Love was getting bragged up but it just easy throws to wide open receivers. In a clean pocket. Plus 6 yards a pop on the ground.
Post #: 6505
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 10:57:04 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

It was disheartening to see 5 and 6 man blitzes not get any pressure at all. Love was getting bragged up but it just easy throws to wide open receivers. In a clean pocket. Plus 6 yards a pop on the ground.

And when we did force a floater or a bad throw (and there were a handful), we had no DBs in the area code of the ball.
Post #: 6506
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 11:00:33 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

And when we did force a floater or a bad throw (and there were a handful), we had no DBs in the area code of the ball.

When was the last time Harrison Smith had a successful blitz? Carolina game.

So we send him a few times and leave the back end running around like the keystone cops. Not good.
Post #: 6507
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 11:08:51 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

When was the last time Harrison Smith had a successful blitz? Carolina game.

So we send him a few times and leave the back end running around like the keystone cops. Not good.

He's completely done. Still gives it his all, but his body can't do it.

He's been a liability in coverage for years, but was still an outstanding blitzer. That's gone too now.

Great career, but time to ride off into the sunset.
Post #: 6508
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 11:39:08 AM   
stfrank

And so it begins......

If the Vikings want to compete in 2024, Kirk Cousins has to return at QB
By Jon Krawczynski

Just keep kicking the can down the road with no chance to make any real improvements.
Post #: 6509
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 11:43:25 AM   
stfrank

I wanted Jaren Hall to be the Vikings QB. My bad.
Jim Souhan

His final sentence of the article.....

Let's hope that the next time we see Cousins at U.S. Bank Stadium, he's wearing a shirt, and it's purple.
Post #: 6510
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 11:59:56 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

And so it begins......

By Jon Krawczynski

Just keep kicking the can down the road with no chance to make any real improvements.

It's probably what will happen.

The Wilfs clearly would rather stay forever in the middle than risk losing any money from bottoming out.
Post #: 6511
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 12:00:49 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

And so it begins......

By Jon Krawczynski

We're a dysfunctional franchise. We'll probably offer him another huge contract.
Post #: 6512
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 12:13:13 PM   
David Levine

Fun Fact:

Rookie Jaren Hall is actually older than 4 year "vet" Jordan Love...
Post #: 6513
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 12:17:38 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

My biggest takeaway from last night was when they put the camera on KAM. He was sitting there clowning it up with a shit eating grin on face. His project, about to get bounced from the playoffs by their arch rivals, at home....and he's having a great time.

That just blew my mind. You're the GM that put this thing together and they are getting boat raced. I would have stormed out after the first to start looking for better answers but I'm glad he was having a good time. It was NYE after all.

Probably collaborating, i.e. jockeying for future job.

We're at draft pick #12 now. The last time we were at #12, Kwesi had to prove how smart he was not only by blowing draft capital but picking an absolute bust.
Post #: 6514
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 12:37:49 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

And so it begins......

By Jon Krawczynski

The Wilfs clearly would rather stay forever in the middle than risk losing any money from bottoming out.

Well said.

I've been unsuccessfully trying to get at and articulate that thought for two years.

I wonder if its a simple Wilf business MO or a savvy reading of their fanbase?

Seeing shirtless Cousins last night SKOLing the crowd ... made me realize just how gullible and easily manipulated the herd is. Well played Wilfs.

Kwesi and Kevin obviously have a wink wink nudge nudge deal with KC already in place.

Are we even going to draft a QB in any rd this year?
Post #: 6515
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 12:41:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Week 18 predictions for higher draft slot.
8. NYJ @ NE. They win. SOS currently a dead heat with Minnesota so that will be interesting.
9. Atl @ NO. They lose and pick ahead of us.
10. Chi @ GB. They lose and pick ahead of us.
11. LV hosting Den. They lose and pick ahead of us. Edit: Den is not going to start Wilson, giving LV a boost.

If we lose, pretty sure we'll pick somewhere in the #8-12 window.

As for if we win, we still have a 3% chance of making the playoffs. That's a doomsday scenario, and we'd bottom out at #19-20. Assuming a win but no playoff slot, some teams currently behind us are playing teams in front of us, so there are too many permutations.

We're playing Det at noon. I'm assuming they will be playing for a better playoff seed so they will have to play their starters.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/1/2024 12:44:53 PM >
Post #: 6516
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 12:48:39 PM   
Bill Johanesen

In short, going with the NYJ and LV to win with Atl and Chi losing. Det stomps Vikings. We pick #10.
Post #: 6517
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 1:08:43 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

And so it begins......

By Jon Krawczynski

Well said.

I've been unsuccessfully trying to get at and articulate that thought for two years.

I wonder if its a simple Wilf business MO or a savvy reading of their fanbase?

Seeing shirtless Cousins last night SKOLing the crowd ... made me realize just how gullible and easily manipulated the herd is. Well played Wilfs.

Kwesi and Kevin obviously have a wink wink nudge nudge deal with KC already in place.

Are we even going to draft a QB in any rd this year?

Probably will take a flyer on a 5th round pick to compete with Jaren Hall....
Post #: 6518
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 1:20:02 PM   
Todd M

Benching 3 starters is an indication your system stinks.

Hall has no future. Mullens is a bum, Dobbs a fringe starter. None should be back. We should be drafting 2 QB’s this year.
Post #: 6519
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 1:23:27 PM   
David Levine

So we'll be heading into Year 3 of the KAM/KOC era and the closest thing they've done to finding a successor for Cousins is spend a 5th round pick on a 25 year-old project.
Post #: 6520
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 2:04:11 PM   
Todd M

Could be a couple more years and the only addition could be another late round flyer.
Post #: 6521
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 2:06:57 PM   
Todd M

I wonder if it’s fair to think shirtless Kirk was not the last we’ll see. That they wouldn’t do that unless he’s THE guy.
Post #: 6522
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 2:13:36 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Fun Fact:

Speaking of which... Penix and Nix will both be 24 when training camp rolls around. Penix has six collegiate seasons, Nix five. They should, and probably will, be discounted for age and an imbalance in experience. The last of the COVID-era babies?

While mock drafts are certainly not done by those in the know, many of them I've quickly checked have those guys going in the 2nd round.
Post #: 6523
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 2:21:24 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Fun Fact:

Speaking of which... Penix and Nix will both be 24 when training camp rolls around. Penix has six collegiate seasons, Nix five. They should, and probably will, be discounted for age and an imbalance in experience. The last of the COVID-era babies?

While mock drafts are certainly not done by those in the know, many of them I've quickly checked have those guys going in the 2nd round.

Penix scares me. 17 starts his first 4 years because of injuries. 4 Season ending injuries in his career.

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/would-patriots-take-a-chance-on-michael-penix-jr-despite-his-injury-history/570800/

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/michael-penix-jr-injury-history-washington-qb/53294f30524200aa707f2876
Post #: 6524
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/1/2024 2:27:41 PM   
Todd M

Dan was right about Reddit. It’s basically unreadable with all the Kirk love.
Post #: 6525
Page:   <<   < prev  259 260 [261] 262 263   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  259 260 [261] 262 263   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode