Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  269 270 [271] 272 273   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 8:36:55 AM   
Todd M

“If it’s Kirk, perfect. If it’s whoever they chose, it’s not my decision.”

Hard to like this quote. “Perfect” doesn’t leave a lot of wiggle room. Saying; If you want me to be happy this is what I want. Sounds disinterested in working with someone else.

Not his decision but he’s the only player on the team that could possibly have an opinion that matters.

I think something big is going to shake up this off season. Vikes trade to 1 or 2.
Post #: 6751
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 8:45:33 AM   
Todd M

We’re beyond due to make a big draft move for a franchise QB. We’re going to be in striking range. Have a very tradable asset.
Post #: 6752
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 11:17:23 AM   
marty

Trade with the Bears #1 and draft Caleb Williams?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6753
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 11:58:00 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

I'll give you this. If the Bears go on to win three SBs with a strong influence from the Carolina trade, I'll jump to your side of the argument.

I've no idea if they will win three SB's...nobody does. But, they've done an excellent job of putting themselves in position to substantially improve. They already have Fields, they have Carolina's No. 1 pick, their own first round pick and more cap space than almost every team in the league.

I've no idea if the Vikings will win three SB's nobody does. But, they've done a very poor job of putting themselves in position to substantially improve. They have no QB on the roster for next year, they will pick in the teens and will need to be lucky to have a QB drop to them (i.e., no plan) and they have less cap space than almost every team in the league.

As of today, Poles > Kwesi.

Devils advocate... which team has blown things up and reaped a superbowl in the aftermath?

Seems like recent superbowl winners have done it by being continuously competitive and hitting on putting the right pieces together AND getting some luck.
(starting with a stud QB)

Vikes have never gotten the luck part... for sure... ever.

New Orleans playoffs late TD....LUCK
Randy Moss dropping to 21....LUCK

Sometimes you make a good argument.

Sometimes you throw a shallow, transparent, pathetically agenda-driven, plastic chewbone out there.

All plays are lucky if that play was lucky.

TOTAL LUCK. Chuck it up there with 10 seconds left. Two defenders run themselves out of the play. Walk into the end zone. It was one of the luckiest set of events I've ever seen in professional sports. The safety from New Orleans will be having nightmares about that play the rest of his life.

Now, they may have won the game regardless of whether he scored or not. They were down one point and just needed a field goal. But the idea of getting a touchdown from 60 yards out on the final play has a lot of luck and brain-deadedness involved.

My apologies … when I came in here and saw your post, for some reason I had the Cousins to Randolph TD game in mind. Not the MNMiracle. (something that myself and other anti-cousins people [like yourself] rarely include in their criticism)

The MNMiracle clearly had an element of luck. Williams spectacularly bad whiff on Diggs was pure bad defense … but for all the variables to line up for that one gross miscalculation at that stupendously wrong moment …

sure, there was luck involved.

To your point though, no - that’s just a lucky moment in time. Not an example of this team having the same luck as other teams.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 1/6/2024 12:13:11 PM >
Post #: 6754
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 12:08:16 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Trade with the Bears #1 and draft Caleb Williams?

Its like watching Lazarus rise from the dead. Your Caleb mania goes away for a month or two then pops back up, ready to wangle a few hundred times.
Post #: 6755
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 12:12:58 PM   
marty

I was just throwing it up for conversation.

I was excited about Williams as a prospect awhile back, but now realize he's not a sure thing, and there is a possibility he sucks as a pro.

I am just wondering what others are thinking, are there other QBs you like ? A strong injury concern, but Penix has a strong and accurate arm, from what I have seen.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6756
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 12:16:21 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I was just throwing it up for conversation.

I was excited about Williams as a prospect awhile back, but now realize he's not a sure thing, and there is a possibility he sucks as a pro.

I am just wondering what others are thinking, are there other QBs you like ? A strong injury concern, but Penix has a strong and accurate arm, from what I have seen.

Good comeback to my snarky post. Complements.

I have no clue.
Post #: 6757
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 12:21:25 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

quote:

I'll give you this. If the Bears go on to win three SBs with a strong influence from the Carolina trade, I'll jump to your side of the argument.

I've no idea if they will win three SB's...nobody does. But, they've done an excellent job of putting themselves in position to substantially improve. They already have Fields, they have Carolina's No. 1 pick, their own first round pick and more cap space than almost every team in the league.

I've no idea if the Vikings will win three SB's nobody does. But, they've done a very poor job of putting themselves in position to substantially improve. They have no QB on the roster for next year, they will pick in the teens and will need to be lucky to have a QB drop to them (i.e., no plan) and they have less cap space than almost every team in the league.

As of today, Poles > Kwesi.

Devils advocate... which team has blown things up and reaped a superbowl in the aftermath?

Seems like recent superbowl winners have done it by being continuously competitive and hitting on putting the right pieces together AND getting some luck.
(starting with a stud QB)

Vikes have never gotten the luck part... for sure... ever.

New Orleans playoffs late TD....LUCK
Randy Moss dropping to 21....LUCK

Sometimes you make a good argument.

Sometimes you throw a shallow, transparent, pathetically agenda-driven, plastic chewbone out there.

All plays are lucky if that play was lucky.

TOTAL LUCK. Chuck it up there with 10 seconds left. Two defenders run themselves out of the play. Walk into the end zone. It was one of the luckiest set of events I've ever seen in professional sports. The safety from New Orleans will be having nightmares about that play the rest of his life.

Now, they may have won the game regardless of whether he scored or not. They were down one point and just needed a field goal. But the idea of getting a touchdown from 60 yards out on the final play has a lot of luck and brain-deadedness involved.

My apologies … when I came in here and saw your post, for some reason I had the Cousins to Randolph TD game in mind. Not the MNMiracle. (something that myself and other anti-cousins people [like yourself] rarely include in their criticism)

The MNMiracle clearly had an element of luck. Williams spectacularly bad whiff on Diggs was pure bad defense … but for all the variables to line up for that one gross miscalculation at that stupendously wrong moment …

sure, there was luck involved.

To your point though, no - that’s just a lucky moment in time. Not an example of this team having the same luck as other teams.

Great minds think alike!
Post #: 6758
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 12:27:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

One mock had Penix Jr. going to Atlanta at the projected #8 spot. Can totally see that. It had Nix going to Minny at #12.
Post #: 6759
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 12:36:46 PM   
David Levine

Penix is the wild card. I’ve been seeing anywhere from Top 10 to mid 2nd.

My guess is if his medical aren’t a mess, he’s probably no lower than mid 1st.
Post #: 6760
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 12:39:20 PM   
David Levine

Maye is the guy I’m least impressed with (so he’ll probably be the best pro). And I’ve really come around on taking a shot at Penix. Especially if we can get him at our spot.

Williams, Daniels or Penix and I’m thrilled.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 1/6/2024 1:05:13 PM >
Post #: 6761
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 12:59:19 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Mate is the guy I’m least impressed with (so he’ll probably be the best pro). And I’ve really come around on taking a shot at Penix. Especially if we can get him at our spot.

Same on Maye.

First 3 games, 4 TDs, 4 Ints
Last 3 games, 4 TDs, 4 Ints
Post #: 6762
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 1:17:59 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Mate is the guy I’m least impressed with (so he’ll probably be the best pro). And I’ve really come around on taking a shot at Penix. Especially if we can get him at our spot.

Same on Maye.

First 3 games, 4 TDs, 4 Ints
Last 3 games, 4 TDs, 4 Ints

A few days ago bstinger accused me of willing to take any QB regardless which I argued fiercely against.

I just don’t know anymore. I confess I’m almost there. The more you look at these guys the more I’d hate to burn draft picks to move up even a few spots.

I feel pretty hopeless and passive given that Kwesi and Kevin are choosing. Outside of blind luck, I can’t see them setting the foundation for a really good team.

I see Jameson Williams is out for Sunday, just as he was starting to come on. I was kind of hoping he’d flash in our game just to remind Kwesi how foolish it is to move around just for the sake of moving around.

Oh well, we’ll stick to our plan and prance around the draft room after our first pick … as bad an omen as there ever was.
Post #: 6763
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 1:31:46 PM   
Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

We’re beyond due to make a big draft move for a franchise QB. We’re going to be in striking range. Have a very tradable asset.

I hope the report below is accurate and we were willing to make a big up last year for Richardson but the potential trade partner feared how good he was going to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4NTmAQRhuU

If true, it gives me some hope we ID a guy or two and take a big swing.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 6764
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 4:34:34 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I hope the report below is accurate and we were willing to make a big up last year for Richardson but the potential trade partner feared how good he was going to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4NTmAQRhuU

If true, it gives me some hope we ID a guy or two and take a big swing.

Just caught that myself. I was big on Richardson so I would have been thrilled. IF they were actually trying to make that big of a move I’d be impressed. If the Colts passed on what they’re saying was the proposed offer they are beyond stupid. We’ll never know for sure.

But that definitely makes me excited about the possibility of doing it this year.
Post #: 6765
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 4:37:12 PM   
Todd M

For a better prospect let’s hope.
Post #: 6766
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 4:59:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

LOL, the guy visually leaves up the question "Vikings tried to trade up?" the entire time, then pseudo-factually reports on someone else's speculation!

I'm certain a few will be thrilled about this new possibility, those types are born every day. They'll carry this unfounded hope to draft day, then when it doesn't happen they will play out the stages of their loss in real time on this board. At a minimum disbelief (WHAT???), anguish (WE'RE SO SCREWED), introspection (WHY??), anger (FU KWESI, I HOPE YOU ROT!!). Who knows what else. You read it here first
Post #: 6767
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 5:01:30 PM   
Todd M

I really like the thought bc what they were allegedly pursuing was the duel threat QB a lot of us covet not a Kirkesque statue.

Kwesi get’s a clean sheet with me if he pulls off a move this year. Kevin would have to prove he could use the new QB’s talents.
Post #: 6768
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 5:02:52 PM   
Todd M

It’s happening.
Post #: 6769
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 5:04:50 PM   
Todd M

Go big or go home. Get who you think is the #1 guy.
Post #: 6770
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 5:09:45 PM   
Todd M

I wonder when we’ll hear of a move?

Me 5 minutes after the SB…
Post #: 6771
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 5:28:48 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

LOL, the guy visually leaves up the question "Vikings tried to trade up?" the entire time, then pseudo-factually reports on someone else's speculation!

I'm certain a few will be thrilled about this new possibility, those types are born every day. They'll carry this unfounded hope to draft day, then when it doesn't happen they will play out the stages of their loss in real time on this board. At a minimum disbelief (WHAT???), anguish (WE'RE SO SCREWED), introspection (WHY??), anger (FU KWESI, I HOPE YOU ROT!!). Who knows what else. You read it here first

Yea, it’s pretty sad how platforms like You tube and others have become forums, taken SERIOUSLY, by the “ willing to believe anything” types..

You can still find the moon landing fakers, the flat earthers, the “inside jobbers”, and of course, the “steal” dealers…

You tube is driven by “ content creation “ .. the key being “creating” something” out of the most tenuous of “insider sources” and extrapolating “if only” into advertising click bait.

YouTube and Faux news share the use of lowest common denominator.. the one of hook, line and sinker, reel’em in….

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6772
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 5:38:35 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

KOC needs KFC to justify his coaching chops..( which currently equals Zero)…

Until KOC proves he can get any player, coached up.. to the status of all pro from draft pick, he’s just a guy like Brad Childress..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6773
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 5:40:04 PM   
Todd M

Ain’t hurting no one to be hopeful there’s something to the rumor. It’s not the 1st I’ve heard of it.
Post #: 6774
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/6/2024 5:44:30 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I’m all out of hopium..

The bleating of the KFC Stan’s has worn my last nerve to a frazzle, and KOC’s inability to adapt to a non strictly pocket passing QB is the scalpel hovering over my string of sanity for this regime.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6775
Page:   <<   < prev  269 270 [271] 272 273   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  269 270 [271] 272 273   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode