Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/5/2023 6:22:58 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Sometimes stats can be a little, what is the opposite of misleading?

accurate.
Post #: 51
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/5/2023 7:28:49 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

KFC is what and who he is..

We are stuck with that until KAM and KOC start getting on a hot seat..

Extending cousins, again, would make me juuuuuuuuust a bit upset..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 52
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/5/2023 7:34:48 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

... should we get the Cousins that played in a lot of those 4th quarters ...

This one?

1st & 10 at NYG 25
(15:00 - 4th) K.Cousins pass short left to D.Cook to NYG 28 for -3 yards (D.Holmes, R.Anderson).

2nd & 13 at NYG 28
(14:16 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short middle to D.Cook to NYG 24 for 4 yards (L.Williams).

3rd & 9 at NYG 24
(13:29 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short middle to T.Hockenson to NYG 16 for 8 yards (T.Jefferson, X.McKinney).

4th & 1 at NYG 16
(12:41 - 4th) (Run formation) B.Brandel reported in as eligible. PENALTY on MIN-C.Darrisaw, False Start, 4 yards, enforced at NYG 16 - No Play.
4th & 5 at NYG 20

(12:34 - 4th) G.Joseph 38 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-A.DePaola, Holder-R.Wright.

(7:47 - 4th) G.Gano kicks 65 yards from NYG 35 to MIN 0. K.Nwangwu MUFFS catch, and recovers at MIN -1. K.Nwangwu to MIN 23 for 24 yards (J.Pinnock, M.Johnson). NYG-J.Pinnock was injured during the play.

1st & 10 at MIN 23
(7:42 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short left to D.Cook to MIN 19 for -4 yards (D.Holmes).

2nd & 14 at MIN 19
(7:15 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to T.Hockenson to MIN 22 for 3 yards (K.Thibodeaux, T.Jefferson).

3rd & 11 at MIN 22
(6:28 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short right to D.Cook (L.Williams).

4th & 11 at MIN 22
(6:23 - 4th) R.Wright punts 61 yards to NYG 17, Center-A.DePaola. R.James to NYG 24 for 7 yards (K.Nwangwu).

1st & 10 at MIN 12
(2:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to T.Hockenson to MIN 18 for 6 yards (D.Belton).

2nd & 4 at MIN 18
(2:33 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short left to K.Osborn. PENALTY on NYG-D.Lawrence, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at MIN
18 - No Play.

1st & 10 at MIN 33
(2:30 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short middle to T.Hockenson to MIN 46 for 13 yards (D.Holmes; J.Love).

1st & 10 at MIN 46
(2:09 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete deep right to A.Thielen.

2nd & 10 at MIN 46
(2:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to D.Cook pushed ob at MIN 48 for 2 yards (D.Belton) [D.Lawrence].

(1:56 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning
3rd & 8 at MIN 48
(1:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short left to K.Osborn (C.Flott).

4th & 8 at MIN 48
(1:44 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to T.Hockenson to NYG 49 for 3 yards (X.McKinney).

Come on, man! I specifically went for something a little more bullet proof than what Marty had - well, I hope I made you work for it anyway. ;) And you know what, he came through a bunch of times at the end of the games or we wouldn't have 13 wins - I know it's my job to look this one up but I'm gonna pass.
Post #: 53
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/5/2023 7:37:21 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

KFC is what and who he is..

We are stuck with that until KAM and KOC start getting on a hot seat..

Extending cousins, again, would make me juuuuuuuuust a bit upset..

Might as well ride it out. Consider it a practice in humility. It'll make you a better person and all that ... you can do it, Dan!
Post #: 54
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 7:28:14 AM  3 votes
eagleflorida

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Thank you Toby for getting the site up and running again!!!!

Jeez, I see this and feel like a fool for not saying, "thank you" myself. I appreciate your efforts, Toby!

- nice to see the water go down, huh, Bill?

Me too Ricky. I don't believe I've ever thanked Toby for the wonderful job he does managing this place.
Muchas gracias Toby.
Post #: 55
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 9:20:15 AM  1 votes
Chris Olson

Yes, thanks Toby!

I remember you spearheading the move from the Strib board to here, what, almost 16 years ago?

And we're all just as disgruntled as ever, ha!

I rarely post these days, but I read almost everything...

I think of you all as my Vikings family and found myself at a loss without you for the couple days the site was down...

So cheers to you all and to that elusive Super Bowl win!
Post #: 56
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 9:47:51 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Putting the draft in the rear view mirror.

Coming up, hoopla surrounding the annual shockingly good hidden gem from OTAs and camp, largely based on one play even the players will be raving about. Relatedly, there will be the annual anointing of roster and starting spots based on vanilla preseason games and, in turn, frenzied predictions.

Throughout, the countdown to 53 marches on with special attention and stirring debate about a 4th string safety. Will marginal holdovers from the last regime such as Lynch, Willekes, and Wonnum be at risk on defense?
Post #: 57
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 9:49:10 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Toby, you've done a great job over the years migrating Vikings talk here and maintaining the site.
Post #: 58
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 10:48:23 AM   
marty

I wasn't sure who was the mastermind(s) behind this site, but the format is far superior to other sites (at least the few I checked out when this one was down).

Muchos Gracias !!!

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 59
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 10:51:42 AM   
marty

I would be quite shocked if Kirk wasn't extended for another year, even if the Vikings move up and draft Caleb Williams in the next draft.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 60
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 11:39:06 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

I would be quite shocked if Kirk wasn't extended for another year, even if the Vikings move up and draft Caleb Williams in the next draft.

Ive always like this format as well.
Post #: 61
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 1:08:02 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Putting the draft in the rear view mirror.

Coming up, hoopla surrounding the annual shockingly good hidden gem from OTAs and camp, largely based on one play even the players will be raving about. Relatedly, there will be the annual anointing of roster and starting spots based on vanilla preseason games and, in turn, frenzied predictions.

Throughout, the countdown to 53 marches on with special attention and stirring debate about a 4th string safety. Will marginal holdovers from the last regime such as Lynch, Willekes, and Wonnum be at risk on defense?

So predictable...

But we're fans...it's what we do

of course some of us will blather on about how (out of hopefulness) we think player x and coach y will be the next key cog to championships, while others will point out all the problems and failings of certain players, coaches or the GM that will keep us from ever achieving anything more than mediocrity

we'll argue, some with stats and articles to back them up and some with hope and hot air...

we'll name call and remind people of the dumb thing said 20 years ago on the Strib board...

But we keep coming back and keep agonizing over this team

and we'll celebrate unabashedly together if we win it all, heck even with a playoff win

meanwhile, back to your regularly scheduled programming
Post #: 62
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 2:08:08 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

quote:

Jeez, I see this and feel like a fool for not saying, "thank you" myself. I appreciate your efforts, Toby!

Me too Ricky. I don't believe I've ever thanked Toby for the wonderful job he does managing this place.
Muchas gracias Toby.

Toby is the best. Very grateful for all he has done!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 63
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 2:18:44 PM   
Todd M

You guys act like Toby is punching out code for 16 hours a day in his spare time lol.

The site was down for 5 days and he didn't notice until someone contacted him. Then he messaged Erik H.

I'd hold off on the statue.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 5/6/2023 2:20:50 PM >
Post #: 64
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 3:14:29 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Maybe they will build a statue to the guy who actually messaged Toby in FB messenger…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 65
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 3:47:15 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Sometimes stats can be a little, what is the opposite of misleading?

Leading.
Post #: 66
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 6:14:42 PM  1 votes
DavidAOlson

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

quote:

Muchas gracias Toby.

Ditto.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 67
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 10:02:28 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Hey
He has kids now..

That’s a full time job all in itself.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 68
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/6/2023 10:04:54 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

I saw this as a response to Cousin haters in the mailbag section of Vikings.com. I thought it was soooo right on --

I feel like the people in the Cousins' camp built permanent residences, and the people against him will never be enticed to set up a tent with a lake view. I remain intrigued by what a second year in the same system for Cousins will yeild since we've not seen that here.

Always with the hater label.

Makes it impossible to read your posts in good faith.

It seems to me you (and a few otehrs) always look at my posts like I'm posting in anger? Seldom do I ever. What would be a good alternative? I mean do you not read what the people who can't stand Cousins write?

But, thank you for your honesty and I'll never use the phrase again ... I hardly ever write about him anymore 'cause I always get it back in spades in one form or another.

- everythings good here, I'll do better

That did kind of crack me up.
Post #: 69
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/7/2023 5:44:24 AM   
Todd M

Signed a camp arm university of Mary QB Logan Nelson.

We gotta get rid of heathen Nick Mullins.

1 Cousins, 2 Hall, 3 Nelson...surely we will find favor from the football gods with the most religious group in the NFL.
Post #: 70
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/7/2023 8:16:39 AM  2 votes
Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Signed a camp arm university of Mary QB Logan Nelson.

We gotta get rid of heathen Nick Mullins.

1 Cousins, 2 Hall, 3 Nelson...surely we will find favor from the football gods with the most religious group in the NFL.

First of all, I just want to thank God for our QB room....
Post #: 71
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/7/2023 8:21:42 AM   
Chris Olson

While I think DVOA is another mostly bullshit metric, this article does shed a little light on it and why our DVOA was so bad last year

It seems it shows what our eyes saw

And while we may not the wins we had last year, the team should look more even and controlled on both Offense and D

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2023/5/7/23659348/why-the-vikings-were-so-bad-in-dvoa-last-season-and-why-theyll-be-better-this-season
Post #: 72
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/7/2023 8:31:50 AM   
Chris Olson

this quote stood out to me:

"Among wide receivers with at least 88 targets last season, Thielen ranked 41st of 45 in PFF receiving grade. KJ Osborn ranked 43rd. So, while we don’t know how well Addison will do this season as a rookie, the bar to clear is not as high as you may think."

So maybe the need for WR was seen as a much bigger need by the team than we may have thought...

plus I think Addison is a better compliment to JJ than AT and KJ

I really like the pick more and more
Post #: 73
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/7/2023 9:11:00 AM   
Toby Stumbo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Maybe they will build a statue to the guy who actually messaged Toby in FB messenger…

Dan is the man guys, without him yelling at me through messenger I probably wouldn't have noticed til' Friday or Saturday. And it's true, all I do/did these days is just send a text to Erik (our real hero) who hosts this site for free for us to let him know it wasn't up and running. Sorry I didn't notice earlier but I did share my number with some who are here more often than me and Dan now knows he can find me and keep me in line.

P.S. my comment about the best draft in Vikings history to start out this thread was obviously sarcasm with a pinch of "let's hope it's true".

GO VIKES!

GO VIKES!
Post #: 74
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/7/2023 9:38:41 AM   
Ricky J

Thanks Erik ;)
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode