Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 10:02:57 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

It's not uncommon for Cousins to throw into tight windows. Sometimes his throws are errant but he has been lucky here to have had Diggs, Theilen, and JJ make crazy catches.

Yeah, I think a couple years ago Diggs and Thielen were like #s 1 and 2 in contested catches.

That was when Case Keenum was here, because they had to be, or opposing teams would have intercepted about 653 balls.

I find it weird that the majority rail on Kirk on the 4th down pass when KJ dropped the 3rd down pass and actually give him a pass......

Also Spielman is more on my s list than Kirk....Dead Cap on Barr, Pierce, Rudolph, Gladney, Reiff, Breland, Hughes, etc. etc. did more harm to the Vikings in 22 and 23 and were the reason they had to extend Kirk....

I find it weird that you still have the audacity to blame the majority of fans for 'remembering it wrong' and not yourself.

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/1614811195491635201

Audacity for KJ not making a play...oh my the audacity. All Kirk's fault....

The throw was there for KJ to make a play.

Einstein once went in front of a classroom and solved 9 problems in a row and deliberately got the 10 wrong.....he did it on purpose to show that no one said anything on the 9 right ones and laughed or ridiculed him on the 10th one.

Doubling down on a lame statement moves the lamelight from the post to the poster.

Not a double down....expecting others to make a play....maybe the reason Addison was drafted?
It is weird that posters wanted Kirk to allow WR to make a play on 4th down after he did that on third down. Just waiting in the shadows for the QB to make a throw that isn't completed; happens 35% of the time.

Quit the pro cousins bias BS when you are obviously the anti cousins biased one.

I have always been upfront about my anti-cousins bias. I have also consistently said that Cousins is good at some things and bad at others. Your comment had nothing to do with that, fans being weird, Einstein, or anything else.

Just move on and stop begging me for insults.
Post #: 101
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 10:09:09 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

Not only was the throw to KJ behind him to the point that it allowed the defender to break up the catch, by not leading KJ properly we missed out on the opportunity for a 30+ yard gain. If Kirk puts that ball where KJ can catch it in stride that might have been a TD. If Kirk leads him even a little bit the catch still gets made but KJ gets tackled on the spot. These are tiny little details that, when added up over time, mean the difference between good and great.

Again did you watch the rest of the game? KJ could have made a better play on the ball....not every throw is going to be perfect. Kirk made a ton of great throws in the game. Are you tempering your expectations for Kirk (because you want him gone) or are you using a fair assessment. Seems to me like you expect Kirk to make the perfect play/throw every play.

I EXPECT a franchise QB, in his fifth year on the team, eleventh year in the league, to make a ton of great throws in a game. Listen, the guy is a good QB. Everyone, like literally EVERYONE, can say he's a good QB. He's just not a great QB. To say, "hey look at all the good throws he made" is missing the point. No shit he made some good throws. Wouldn't we EXPECT a guy we paid so much money for and extended on fully guaranteed contracts to "make some good throws"?

I think the offense will be more explosive this year with Nailor and Addison creating the separation that Thielen and KJ lack plus a defense that will be better. If your personal take still regresses to a fully guaranteed contract that most of the top 10 qbs make (most much more) as one of the sole problems....you may have to look up the definition of bias instead of our Defenses rank and dead cap the last 2 years.

There are exactly two quarterbacks in the NFL with fully guaranteed contracts. Kirk Cousins and Deshaun Watson. Further, don't be fooled by the money the Vikings tucked into future years on Kirk's contract. His true cost for 2023 is $48.750 million. In terms of AAV (average annual value) that puts him at #4 for 2023.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 102
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 10:09:40 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's not uncommon for Cousins to throw into tight windows. Sometimes his throws are errant but he has been lucky here to have had Diggs, Theilen, and JJ make crazy catches.

Yeah, I think a couple years ago Diggs and Thielen were like #s 1 and 2 in contested catches.

That was when Case Keenum was here, because they had to be, or opposing teams would have intercepted about 653 balls.

I find it weird that the majority rail on Kirk on the 4th down pass when KJ dropped the 3rd down pass and actually give him a pass......

Also Spielman is more on my s list than Kirk....Dead Cap on Barr, Pierce, Rudolph, Gladney, Reiff, Breland, Hughes, etc. etc. did more harm to the Vikings in 22 and 23 and were the reason they had to extend Kirk....

I find it weird that you still have the audacity to blame the majority of fans for 'remembering it wrong' and not yourself.

Einstein once went in front of a classroom and solved 9 problems in a row and deliberately got the 10 wrong.....he did it on purpose to show that no one said anything on the 9 right ones and laughed or ridiculed him on the 10th one.

Doubling down on a lame statement moves the lamelight from the post to the poster.

Not a double down....expecting others to make a play....maybe the reason Addison was drafted?
It is weird that posters wanted Kirk to allow WR to make a play on 4th down after he did that on third down. Just waiting in the shadows for the QB to make a throw that isn't completed; happens 35% of the time.

Quit the pro cousins bias BS when you are obviously the anti cousins biased one.

I have always been upfront about my anti-cousins bias. I have also consistently said that Cousins is good at some things and bad at others. Your comment had nothing to do with that, fans being weird, Einstein, or anything else.

BS Tom....I like having a competitive team to watch every year and almost any scenario that doesn't have Kirk on the team makes us not competitive this year.......talk about insulting true fans.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 103
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 10:13:33 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not only was the throw to KJ behind him to the point that it allowed the defender to break up the catch, by not leading KJ properly we missed out on the opportunity for a 30+ yard gain. If Kirk puts that ball where KJ can catch it in stride that might have been a TD. If Kirk leads him even a little bit the catch still gets made but KJ gets tackled on the spot. These are tiny little details that, when added up over time, mean the difference between good and great.

Again did you watch the rest of the game? KJ could have made a better play on the ball....not every throw is going to be perfect. Kirk made a ton of great throws in the game. Are you tempering your expectations for Kirk (because you want him gone) or are you using a fair assessment. Seems to me like you expect Kirk to make the perfect play/throw every play.

I EXPECT a franchise QB, in his fifth year on the team, eleventh year in the league, to make a ton of great throws in a game. Listen, the guy is a good QB. Everyone, like literally EVERYONE, can say he's a good QB. He's just not a great QB. To say, "hey look at all the good throws he made" is missing the point. No shit he made some good throws. Wouldn't we EXPECT a guy we paid so much money for and extended on fully guaranteed contracts to "make some good throws"?

I think the offense will be more explosive this year with Nailor and Addison creating the separation that Thielen and KJ lack plus a defense that will be better. If your personal take still regresses to a fully guaranteed contract that most of the top 10 qbs make (most much more) as one of the sole problems....you may have to look up the definition of bias instead of our Defenses rank and dead cap the last 2 years.

There are exactly two quarterbacks in the NFL with fully guaranteed contracts. Kirk Cousins and Deshaun Watson. Further, don't be fooled by the money the Vikings tucked into future years on Kirk's contract. His true cost for 2023 is $48.750 million. In terms of AAV (average annual value) that puts him at #4 for 2023.

Fully guaranteed...nice try.

True cost is because they have/had dead cap issues in 23. 22. and 21 and moved money (which you already know). He restructured in 2020, 2022, and 2023.

TRANSACTIONS
MAR 14 2023 Converted a $20M roster bonus into signing bonus, adding 2 void years, clearing $16M of cap with Minnesota (MIN)
MAR 13 2022Signed a 1 year $35 million contract extension with Minnesota (MIN)
MAR 16 2020Signed a 2 year $66 million contract extension with Minnesota (MIN)
MAR 132018Agreed to a 3 year $84 million contract with Minnesota (MIN)

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 10:18:10 AM >

Post #: 104
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 10:36:07 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young
If your fan boy QB, himself, says it was a poor throw into good coverage, who the **** are tou to blame the receiver?
Fanboy Kirk Stan..
That’s who..

Fanboy? Pick one of Ponder, Bridgewater, or Tavaris Jackson? That is the type you would have had with not enough picks this year....

I am a Fan of a 13-4 team; not quite sure you realize that....this is the same way if not worse you acted with Favre. Continue on your petty-not my favorite QB-rant and keep acting like a little baby instead of a grown man.

The FO and Coach thought their best chance this year was Kirk; get over yourself.

You read that right Kirk Stan..

Fanboy Stan for loser KFC.

Excuses.. that’s all you try to find to deflect responsibility for chicken choking KFC.

He can make throws, until it matters the most.. which is ZIN THE ****ING PLAYOFFS!!

Nothing else matters 13 wins and one and done is a shitty franchise QB performance, and those of us who have followed this team for decades know that KFC is a waste of time and money.

Boo.hoo..

You and others are offended by being called a fanboy Stan for Kirk..

Truth hurts..

Winging records and making the playoff is not a satisfying thing for me any longer

“ there is only one thing left to do..”

As a certain poster has in his sig..

KFC is Never going to win a Super Bowl.

Not with this team.

He has reached his porter principle penultimate plateau.

It’s all down hill from here, and I’d gladly push him and his contract grubbing, cap killing, low result and false expectations ASS, right off the edge of that precipice.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 105
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 10:39:37 AM   
Murph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BS Tom....I like having a competitive team to watch every year and almost any scenario that doesn't have Kirk on the team makes us not competitive this year.......talk about insulting true fans.

It really depends on your definition of competitive?

I want a team that competes for a Super Bowl every year NOT a team that competes for a division or has to try to compete for a wild card spot in a league where about half the teams now make the playoffs.

We will NEVER win or compete for a Super Bowl with Cousins!! imo.

< Message edited by Murph -- 5/9/2023 10:42:27 AM >

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 106
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 11:03:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

If your fan boy QB, himself, says it was a poor throw into good coverage, who the **** are tou to blame the receiver?
Fanboy Kirk Stan..
That’s who..

Fanboy? Pick one of Ponder, Bridgewater, or Tavaris Jackson? That is the type you would have had with not enough picks this year....

I am a Fan of a 13-4 team; not quite sure you realize that....this is the same way if not worse you acted with Favre. Continue on your petty-not my favorite QB-rant and keep acting like a little baby instead of a grown man.

The FO and Coach thought their best chance this year was Kirk; get over yourself.

You read that right Kirk Stan..

Fanboy Stan for loser KFC.

Excuses.. that’s all you try to find to deflect responsibility for chicken choking KFC.

He can make throws, until it matters the most.. which is ZIN THE ****ING PLAYOFFS!!

Nothing else matters 13 wins and one and done is a shitty franchise QB performance, and those of us who have followed this team for decades know that KFC is a waste of time and money.

Boo.hoo..

You and others are offended by being called a fanboy Stan for Kirk..

Truth hurts..

Winging records and making the playoff is not a satisfying thing for me any longer

“ there is only one thing left to do..”

As a certain poster has in his sig..

KFC is Never going to win a Super Bowl.

Not with this team.

He has reached his porter principle penultimate plateau.

It’s all down hill from here, and I’d gladly push him and his contract grubbing, cap killing, low result and false expectations ASS, right off the edge of that precipice.

It is so weird that you are the one being whiny and crying....
Hard for you to see that....Pro Competitive team to watch every year; not pro Cousins or anti Cousins. The usual if you don't agree with me in the biggest whiny and drivel filled sentences....such stupid name calling Dan; once again get over yourself.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 11:07:59 AM >

Post #: 107
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 11:07:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It really depends on your definition of competitive?

I want a team that competes for a Super Bowl every year NOT a team that competes for a division or has to try to compete for a wild card spot in a league where about half the teams now make the playoffs.

We will NEVER win or compete for a Super Bowl with Cousins!! imo.

Win the division and get into the playoffs and have a chance is better than tanking IMO. New QB in 2024.

Post #: 108
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 11:11:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

Out of all the NFL how many teams in 2022 did what many of you posters are suggesting the Vikings do in 2023?

Chicago, Houston, and (most of the rest happened due to injuries or poor performance)?

Arizona so far in 2023 due to Kyler's ACL.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 11:13:24 AM >

Post #: 109
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 11:19:18 AM   
David F.

quote:

Out of all the NFL how many teams in 2022 did what many of you posters are suggesting the Vikings do in 2023?

Chicago, Houston, and (most of the rest happened due to injuries or poor performance)?

Kansas City. They drafted a QBOTF and ditched their Kirk Cousins and never looked back. 2 Super Bowl titles and living a dream to the end of their days.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 110
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 11:21:59 AM   
David F.

Win the division and get into the playoffs and have a chance is better than tanking IMO.

That happened exactly one time for us during the Kirk Cousins era and we lost our first playoff game - at home.

Post #: 111
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 11:25:15 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Kansas City. They drafted a QBOTF and ditched their Kirk Cousins and never looked back. 2 Super Bowl titles and living a dream to the end of their days.

What assets move us up to 4? The closest comparasion to Mahomes went 4 not 12 (Florida QB). So money wise it isn't a comparasion either. Pie in the sky and an unattainable dream.

Indy is considering sitting that Mahomes clone for the first part of the year as he has played very few college games....so he isn't even as ready as Mahomes who sat a season and had Alex Smith.

So your shitcanning Kirk for Richardson isn't even what KC did with Mahomes the first year....

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 12:03:28 PM >

Post #: 112
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 11:26:25 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Win the division and get into the playoffs and have a chance is better than tanking IMO.

That happened exactly one time for us during the Kirk Cousins era and we lost our first playoff game - at home.

You try to win the division every year....first year of a new regime and coach also....so you don't want to give them another year?

Post #: 113
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 12:28:34 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Cris Carter doesn't catch that pass.
Post #: 114
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 12:46:36 PM   
Bill Johanesen

People expecting ANYTHING out of Cousins in the playoffs are the type of people who watch the same movie over and over. They know the ending but can't break away. They probably love Groundhog Day. The equivalent of comfort food.

And the choke artist already threw his last career playoff pass. Not surprisingly it was a stinker. The last two passes were.
Post #: 115
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 3:08:44 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

So KJ isn't as good as Cris? Who would have thought; good thing we drafted Addison and let Thielen leave.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 3:09:53 PM >

Post #: 116
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 3:10:05 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

No Phil… even a higher level of talent WOULD NOT CATCH THAT GARBAGE THROW….

duh…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 117
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 3:12:00 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

No Phil… even a higher level of talent WPULD NOT CATCH THAT GARBAGE THROW….

duh…

Your unconditional love for Kirk once again shining thru. Make a play Kirk, Make a play Kirk, Make every single play Kirk or I am going to trash you once again... (He made a ton of plays throughout the game)....rinse repeat...

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 3:14:04 PM >

Post #: 118
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 3:16:45 PM   
Todd M

tsk tsk tsk

Every forgotten million year old actor singer songwriter that dies gets their little piece.

Ex Viking Joe Kapp...nothing.
Post #: 119
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 3:30:08 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So KJ isn't as good as Cris? Who would have thought; good thing we drafted Addison and let Thielen leave.

Is it that hard to follow along?

I'm saying one of the best catching WRs of all-time is not catching that pass. So to expect KJ to do it is looking for excuses for Cousins.

The ball is so far behind where it should be that it hits the DB on the shoulder.
Post #: 120
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 3:31:03 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

duh…

Your unconditional love for Kirk once again shining thru. Make a play Kirk, Make a play Kirk, Make every single play Kirk or I am going to trash you once again... (He made a ton of plays throughout the game)....rinse repeat...

Kirk himself said it was on him and the one throw that he wanted back.

Even the guy who threw the ball doesn't believe what you believe.
Post #: 121
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 3:32:24 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Sensing the portable goalposts are being removed from the slick blue vinyl J.C. Penney pocket protector.
Post #: 122
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 3:45:52 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

duh…

What is he supposed to say. He made plays all afternoon and threw it a little behind KJ who had a chance to make a play. Like I said--if he doesn't play perfectly you go cry a river....go watch replays of Tavaris, Ponder, Teddy.

Definition of moving the goal post. Kirk doesn't make all the plays; again BS; watch replays Tavaris, Ponder, and Teddy.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 3:53:56 PM >

Post #: 123
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 4:03:27 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

duh…

What is he supposed to say. He made plays all afternoon and threw it a little behind KJ who had a chance to make a play. Like I said--if he doesn't play perfectly you go cry a river....go watch replays of Tavaris, Ponder, Teddy.

Definition of moving the goal post. Kirk doesn't make all the plays; again BS; watch replays Tavaris, Ponder, and Teddy.

Yes. It could be worse.

But

It could be so much better.

Cousins is like Vinny Testaverde or Ken O'Brien. good enough QB for the most part but not the guy who will ever get you to the promised land. Marino only got to the Superbowl ONCE. Lost it and never sniffed the big game again.

NFL history is littered with Kirk Cousins.

We could use better.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 124
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 4:10:01 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

duh…

Yes. It could be worse.
But
It could be so much better.
Cousins is like Vinny Testaverde or Ken O'Brien. good enough QB for the most part but not the guy who will ever get you to the promised land. Marino only got to the Superbowl ONCE. Lost it and never sniffed the big game again.
NFL history is littered with Kirk Cousins.
We could use better.

I am a fan of the Vikings. I posted the option I thought was doable and wouldn't involve tanking; trade a third for Lance. To accuse any fan or poster of the Vikes of being a fanboy of Kirk needs to remember there isn't a history of great or even good QBs. There is Fran as great and partials from Brad, Tommy, Dante, Wade, Brett, Randall, and a good year from George--- that is about it over 60 years.

So if you talk about a Vinny or a Ken that is probably as close to a #2 to Tommy; there just isn't much there.

If you get rid of Kirk you better have an option better than a Ponder, Tavaris, or Teddy because they weren't even average and talk about horrible offense.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 5:07:01 PM >

Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode