Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  316 317 [318] 319 320   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/15/2024 6:38:13 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I’ve completely lost my joy at Zimmer being gone, by the FN clueless “ KA offense “ of KOC..

The off season that got rid of Spiels and Zim was just a change of window dressing..

Idiot coach, carried bodily along by his pet QB.. and a defense that is soft and all smoke and mirrors..

Same sh$T, different spackle on the sounder of swine…(look it up, you gypsy cursed mockingbirds)

Reminds me of the “lipstick on a pig” comment

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7926
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/15/2024 6:42:31 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

You would think that the way KOC got through the first couple of Dobbs games (by walking him through the play while he could) would be pretty amazing with Fields. You could get a good 1 year look for pretty cheap. I'm not advocating for it but it would be an interesting experiment.

And then he proceeded to hammer Dobbs into a square hole once he started to learn the playbook. I'm sure if he got Fields in the offseason, he'd have plenty of time to try to forge him into Cousins...

I’ve heard speculation that he didn’t want to change the O mid season but if he gets the offseason he can adapt but it’s a good point
didn’t want to?

More like was incapable of thinking on the fly..

It’s obvious once his scripted walkthrough plays are exhausted, that he throws blunt darts at a solid granite playcall sheet bullseye, hoping to chip of a piece of yardage by brute force..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7927
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 8:55:19 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

You would think that the way KOC got through the first couple of Dobbs games (by walking him through the play while he could) would be pretty amazing with Fields. You could get a good 1 year look for pretty cheap. I'm not advocating for it but it would be an interesting experiment.

And then he proceeded to hammer Dobbs into a square hole once he started to learn the playbook. I'm sure if he got Fields in the offseason, he'd have plenty of time to try to forge him into Cousins...

I’ve heard speculation that he didn’t want to change the O mid season but if he gets the offseason he can adapt but it’s a good point
didn’t want to?

It’s obvious once his scripted walkthrough plays are exhausted, that he throws blunt darts at a solid granite playcall sheet bullseye, hoping to chip of a piece of yardage by brute force..

Did you forget JJ was out about 7 weeks and all that was left was small WRs and oft injured Nailor?
Then lets add on the 4 games w/o Murphy and the 4 game stretch w/o Hicks. Get a CB. DT, and a LB and the defense might be top 10. Flores is a great coach and he did the same with Miami. Don't necessarily need high draft picks but he turned Metellus into a S/LB hybrid, made Pace serviceable, and held up against the pass with Murphy as the top CB and many weeks it was Blackmon or Evans defending (as) the top CB.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/16/2024 10:25:53 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7928
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 10:22:27 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Yeah, it sure seems some are as down on KOC as others are (me included) on KAM. Great combo

I've been out on KAM. I think he's way over his ski's. I'm still hopeful on KOC but this is a pivotal year for him in my eyes. My fear is the "new QB" get both more leash.
Post #: 7929
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 10:57:44 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

didn’t want to?

Did you forget JJ was out about 7 weeks and all that was left was small WRs and oft injured Nailor?
Then lets add on the 4 games w/o Murphy and the 4 game stretch w/o Hicks. Get a CB. DT, and a LB and the defense might be top 10. Flores is a great coach and he did the same with Miami. Don't necessarily need high draft picks but he turned Metellus into a S/LB hybrid, made Pace serviceable, and held up against the pass with Murphy as the top CB and many weeks it was Blackmon or Evans defending (as) the top CB.

All the more reason to let Dobbs continue to make plays with his legs. Trying to make him play like Cousins (especially with a depleted WR group) was coaching malfeasance.
Post #: 7930
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 10:58:37 AM   
David Levine

quote:

Yeah, it sure seems some are as down on KOC as others are (me included) on KAM. Great combo

I've been out on KAM. I think he's way over his ski's. I'm still hopeful on KOC but this is a pivotal year for him in my eyes. My fear is the "new QB" get both more leash.

KOC seems like a great "rah rah" coach and the players really like him.

But he also looks like a guy who is in way over his head as a play-caller and strategist.
Post #: 7931
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 12:15:19 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Minnesota led the league in delay of game penalties the past two years: https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/delay-of-game?view=team&year=2023

And Minnesota burned countless timeouts in 2022 and 2023.

There were several teams with just two penalties. And even one penalty.

KOC and Cousins... Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.
Post #: 7932
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 12:20:17 PM   
Bill Johanesen

26th in QB rating allowed. Yeah, we really "held up against the pass".

The best thing the team has, year in and year out, is fans who give the team a pass.
Post #: 7933
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 12:26:10 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

didn’t want to?

Was KOC the only coach to lose players for the year or weeks due to injury…

**** making excuses for him..

He is a stick in the mud, clueless play caller, who can’t adapt his play-calling to a different defensive front, let alone a different QB, WR package or Running back..

kOC depends wholly on a certain tight end, a specific QB and ONE WR?

That’s video game level ability, not NFL caliber coaching.

Wtf?

“Run MY play.. even if it sucks! It is YOUR fault if it doesn’t work, because I call perfect plays…”

(Yea I’m paraphrasing his post game excuse fest.)

Enjoy the mediocrity…

I’d be willing to bet you can still find stats that “prove” an extension to KFC and KOC, BOTH, this offseason, will “ guarantee” at least one MVP and Superbowl appearance in the next three years..

You and your delusional beliefs in “philality” knows no bounds.

( “philality” has no connection to actual reality in any way, shape, or form, therefore, it needs its own word and definition)

KOC is not a playcalling coach, who can adapt his scheme to change in personnel or game situations.

You are OK with 7-9 and third place in our division?

I am not.

He gets no extension from me, unless he can prove he can create a playoff caliber team and NFL worthy offense and defense and special teams, from the scrap pile of talent he has to work with, thanks to idiotic cap strapping choices that management made.

He is a “transition the franchise” from wannabe to actual deep playoff run contender, or he is a waste of time.

Players loved Mike Tice, too..

How did that work out?

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7934
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 12:34:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

didn’t want to?

And why does it take KOC so long to call a play that translates simply to run into the RG? Or when he's feeling spunky, outside the RT?
Post #: 7935
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 1:31:50 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

didn’t want to?

All the more reason to let Dobbs continue to make plays with his legs. Trying to make him play like Cousins (especially with a depleted WR group) was coaching malfeasance.

KOC didn't do him any favors in Denver and Chicago games but teams schemed to keep Dobbs in pocket. He's(Dobbs) on his umpteenth team for a reason.
Post #: 7936
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 1:37:14 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

didn’t want to?

KOC didn't do him any favors in Denver and Chicago games but teams schemed to keep Dobbs in pocket. He's(Dobbs) on his umpteenth team for a reason.

I agree with you on Dobbs. He was never going to be the QBOF, but KOCs inability to modify his scheme to suit Dobbs showed a lot of ineptitude.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 7937
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 1:40:47 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

didn’t want to?

I agree with you on Dobbs. He was never going to be the QBOF, but KOCs inability to modify his scheme to suit Dobbs showed a lot of ineptitude.

KOC deserves some blame.

But, I saw many times where Dobbs ran RPO and chose the wrong option.

Also, KOC didn't make him be completely careless with the ball.
Post #: 7938
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 1:51:16 PM   
TJSweens

"Also, KOC didn't make him be completely careless with the ball"

Very true. Dobbs was already a fumble machine when he got here.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 7939
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 2:20:28 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

KOC seems like a great "rah rah" coach and the players really like him.

But he also looks like a guy who is in way over his head as a play-caller and strategist.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 7940
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 2:34:52 PM   
David F.

Hot conspiracy take: Dobbs was brought in to fail but won in spike of expectations. Leadership got together and said, "find a way to get some losses".

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 7941
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 6:22:28 PM   
Tom Sykes

I get it.

Kwesi had visions of signing the next HC / Off playcaller in the mold of McVay (LaFleur, etc) and pounced after the Rams' SB win.

After the GM / HC old school - defensive flavored meltdown ... I was completely on board with the 'fresh new Turk' approach.

Unfortunately, both dudes seem like they are feeling their way through the process, arm in arm.

Neither seem like they came to the table with an aggressive new vision of how to make the Vikings competitive.

We won a hell of a lot of games in 2021. Incredible. But what was the state of the team at the end of 2021 (not the beginning and middle)? We limped into the playoffs and choked to the only team worse than us in the playoffs.

I'm sorry but as a die-hard Vikings fan, any choking that's not in a SB is a very poor showing LOL.

Kevin was an OC-in-title-only in LA for 2 seasons ... on a team, by the way, that had passing and run game coordinators, as well as playcaller McVay.

By most accounts,

Kevin had a big impact on the Rams offense, although I'm not sure if anybody besides McVay knows what that was. The Rams have sucked on offense since Kevin left, that says a lot.

To my eyesight, Kevin must have been very involved in gameplanning and getting the offense ready to play. Calling plays, in game adjustments ... not so much.

Hard to know. Everybody Kevin has played or coached with talks about being very impressed with him.

Maybe he'll make a big jump this season as a playcaller.

But its a jump that needs to be made ... or we just don't have the right person in place. IMO
Post #: 7942
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/16/2024 6:56:01 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Minnesota led the league in delay of game penalties the past two years: https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/delay-of-game?view=team&year=2023

I think you meant to say Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber. I’ll have no faith in them until they complete it successful offseason.
Post #: 7943
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/17/2024 9:59:16 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

I get it.

Kwesi had visions of signing the next HC / Off playcaller in the mold of McVay (LaFleur, etc) and pounced after the Rams' SB win.

After the GM / HC old school - defensive flavored meltdown ... I was completely on board with the 'fresh new Turk' approach.

Unfortunately, both dudes seem like they are feeling their way through the process, arm in arm.

Neither seem like they came to the table with an aggressive new vision of how to make the Vikings competitive.

We won a hell of a lot of games in 2021. Incredible. But what was the state of the team at the end of 2021 (not the beginning and middle)? We limped into the playoffs and choked to the only team worse than us in the playoffs.

I'm sorry but as a die-hard Vikings fan, any choking that's not in a SB is a very poor showing LOL.

Kevin was an OC-in-title-only in LA for 2 seasons ... on a team, by the way, that had passing and run game coordinators, as well as playcaller McVay.

By most accounts,

Kevin had a big impact on the Rams offense, although I'm not sure if anybody besides McVay knows what that was. The Rams have sucked on offense since Kevin left, that says a lot.

To my eyesight, Kevin must have been very involved in gameplanning and getting the offense ready to play. Calling plays, in game adjustments ... not so much.

Hard to know. Everybody Kevin has played or coached with talks about being very impressed with him.

Maybe he'll make a big jump this season as a playcaller.

But its a jump that needs to be made ... or we just don't have the right person in place. IMO

Was there ever a clear answer on why we didn't hire Harbaugh two years ago? Money? Control?
Post #: 7944
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/17/2024 10:14:22 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

If I recall correctly there were even some delay of game penalties after we called a time out.

In many instances it looked like amateur hour out there.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 7945
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/17/2024 12:58:31 PM   
Jeff Jesser

As much as a dumpster fire that KAM has been there's not enough flame thrown on RS by the fans as there should be IMO. He had an awesome draft in 2015 (hit a grand slam IMO) and a very good one in 2020 but those year in between were flat out shit and that lack of depth was glaring the past couple of years.

Waynes
Kendricks
Hunter
Clemmings
Pruitt
Diggs
Tyus Thompson
BJ Duhose
Austin Shepherd
Ed Robinson

JJ
Gladney
Cleveland
Dantzler
Wonnum
James Lynch
Dye
Harrison Hand
KJ
Blake Brandel
Metellus
Kenny Willekes
Nate Stanley
Brian Cole
Kyle Hinton

________________________________________________________________________________________

Now the ugly:

Treadwell
Mac Alexander
Beavers
Brothers
Boehringer
Morgan
Weatherly
Kearse

Cook
Elflein
Jaleel Johnson
Gedeon
Rodney Adams
Isidora
Bucky Hodges
Stacy Coley
Odenigbo
Eiljah Lee
Jack Tocho

Hughes
O'Neil
Jalyn Holmes
Conklin
Carlson
Colby Gossett
Ade Aruna
Devanta Downs

Bradbury
Irv Smith
Mattison
Samia
Cam Smith
Watts
Epps
Udoh
Boyd
Dillion Mitchell
Olabisi Johnson
Austin Cutting

So, in 4 years worth of drafting, he picked 3 legit starters and 3 that get good playing time (and you could argue that they shouldn't). 3 (6 if you count guys that get on the field) out of 39
Post #: 7946
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/17/2024 1:49:10 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

If I recall correctly there were even some delay of game penalties after we called a time out.

In many instances it looked like amateur hour out there.

And visa versa, during hurry-up drives, you name it. Those two had no clue, now fingers crossed at least one will be gone.
Post #: 7947
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/17/2024 2:24:51 PM   
Bill Johanesen

As much as a dumpster fire that KAM has been there's not enough flame thrown on RS by the fans as there should be IMO.

At least Spielman was finally fired. And he started out handling the cap pretty well.

Word Salad came out firing away with as many credit cards as he could hide in his sockless penny loafers, then proceeded to whiff with his "Watch how I make the #12 overall pick evaporate" Cine and Booth bust picks.
Post #: 7948
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/17/2024 2:31:10 PM   
Bill Johanesen

If all the defensive FAs depart, I believe the only holdovers on D are Metellus, Bynum, and Jones (assumes Smith is cut).

On offense, the holdovers are JJ, Darrisaw, O'Neill, Bradbury, Ham, Mattison, maybe Mullens.
Post #: 7949
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/17/2024 2:33:37 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

As much as a dumpster fire that KAM has been there's not enough flame thrown on RS by the fans as there should be IMO.

At least Spielman was finally fired. And he started out handling the cap pretty well.

Word Salad came out firing away with as many credit cards as he could hide in his sockless penny loafers, then proceeded to whiff with his "Watch how I make the #12 overall pick evaporate" Cine and Booth bust picks.

Yeah, I started that research thinking it was bad but was blown away with how bad it was. This is a HUGE draft for KAM. If he doesn't blow it out of the water he needs to go.

Just the way they are handling the KC's situation is just rookie-ish. He is, essentially, holding them hostage. They commented that they can't work on the Hunter situation until Kirk is sorted. What a dumbass org. They are going to loose for a shitty comp pick.
Post #: 7950
Page:   <<   < prev  316 317 [318] 319 320   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  316 317 [318] 319 320   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode