Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  326 327 [328] 329 330   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/28/2024 5:11:21 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Jordan Love had Erin Rogers in front of him..

We have nothing but trash under contract as of the new league year..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8176
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/28/2024 5:40:35 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M
To me it’s not whether or not I want to see Cousins back for 2 to 3 more years it’s that I don’t want him back and in the way of the future franchise QB we trade up for. We’d waste the window of a rookie QB on his 1st contract.

To me it is a nice QB class 1-8 (I have read about the WKU QB and even the Tulane QB). Jordan Love was more sure fire than some of these and he sat 2 years.

I do not mind letting one sit a year...

One year is all a top guy should need. To me a guy you trade up for at that cost should be your starter. If he does what he’s supposed to do and takes the job Cousins is the most expensive backup in history.

Find your voice lest the devil find your ear.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8177
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/28/2024 8:54:13 PM   
marty

It must be an off year for QBs, with 3 expected to be the top 3 picks.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 8178
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 7:12:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

How do you know? There are a couple of QBs we could sign who aren't Kirk. (Minshew, Garropolo, Mayfield are just examples).

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 8179
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 7:17:24 AM   
Todd M

Love watching our chief negotiator fawning over the 2 guys whose bills might come out to 80 million a year.

Kwesi shopping for a car: Salesman- Hi how are you? Kwesi - This is my dream car. I love this car and MUST have it!

Kwesi shopping for a house: I don’t need to hear what the other offers are I want to offer full asking price plus 10%.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8180
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 7:29:54 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Love watching our chief negotiator fawning over the 2 guys whose bills might come out to 80 million a year.
Kwesi shopping for a car: Salesman- Hi how are you? Kwesi - This is my dream car. I love this car and MUST have it!
Kwesi shopping for a house: I don’t need to hear what the other offers are I want to offer full asking price plus 10%.

I still don't get the angst....Kendricks, Thielen, and PP all replaced with equal or better production last year at actually quite a reduced cost. Some said Kendricks and Thielen production not easily replaced. Defense also went from 31st-32nd to 12th (and before the injuries took a toll top 5) and posts like this.
The problem last year was backup QB.....no matter what just drafting a QB isn't the issue....we need 2. Kirk wasn't as much of a problem as not having a viable backup.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/29/2024 7:39:21 AM >

Post #: 8181
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 7:42:28 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

How do you know? There are a couple of QBs we could sign who aren't Kirk. (Minshew, Garropolo, Mayfield are just examples).

At the start of the league year, we currently have

Mullins and Hall.

That’s it..

Those guys are PROVEN trash..

You honestly think that KOC and KAM have any plans?

Other than waste money and cap in a “ deal “ to resign KFC.?

We are probably the only NFL team with such a poor situation at the most important Position on offense.

You are one of the KFC Stan’s.. so you think the position is fine, because you are convinced that the team will cave in, in a panic, and let KFC teabag our organization and cap space for 2-3 more years.

I don’t want that POS, Cousins, to ever throw a competitive pass in a Vikings uniform.

And I’ll get my answer, one way or the other, at 4pm eastern, on march 13, 2024.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 2/29/2024 7:44:42 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8182
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 7:44:32 AM   
Todd M

Well they had their guy in Mullens so him not being good enough is on them. Traded for a guy who was writing a Cinderella story before Kevin castrated him and drafted a guy who might be out of the league in a few years. They created the problem.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8183
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 7:59:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mullins and Hall.
That’s it..
We are probably the only NFL team with such a poor situation at the most important Position on offense.
You are one of the KFC Stan’s.. so you think the position is fine, because you are convinced that the team will cave in, in a panic, and let KFC teabag our organization and cap space for 2-3 more years.
I don’t want that POS, Cousins, to ever throw a competitive pass in a Vikings uniform.
And I’ll get my answer, one way or the other, at 4pm eastern, on march 13, 2024.

Actually if it was me I would see what Baker wants....he impressed me last year but the same thing applies....2/50 and you still grab a qb in the first.
Again....I hope they learned a lesson last year (2 qbs and cutting a player a year early is better than a year too late). I think they learned that they kept Thielen a year too long....Kendricks being cut was about correct.

The cap situation is better than it was in 22 and 23 even though it did go up.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/29/2024 8:02:59 AM >

Post #: 8184
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 8:09:27 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Well they had their guy in Mullens so him not being good enough is on them. Traded for a guy who was writing a Cinderella story before Kevin castrated him and drafted a guy who might be out of the league in a few years. They created the problem.

The situation was made worse by Mullens having a back issue....then they became desperate. Dobbs was great for 1 game, average for 1 and horrible for 2....about his norm.

Castration? He was overthrowing WRs on 5 yard outs and 10 yard crossing patterns. They can't roll him right on every down.

Hall. You hope another camp he shows enough for a #3 but for me....Baker/#1 as we need someone with more moxy than Cousins. Garropolo has led SF to the Champ game but he has the injury bug.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/29/2024 8:17:02 AM >

Post #: 8185
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 9:15:27 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

We carried Mannion for years on the roster. This organization is dysfunctional especially when it comes to the qb position. Sure Mullens was better than Mannion. I'm thinking half the guys in here were better than Mannion at one point. It'll be interesting to see how the position plays out but I'm expecting nothing great.
Post #: 8186
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 9:51:37 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

We carried Mannion for years on the roster. This organization is dysfunctional especially when it comes to the qb position. Sure Mullens was better than Mannion. I'm thinking half the guys in here were better than Mannion at one point. It'll be interesting to see how the position plays out but I'm expecting nothing great.

If we don't get 2 nice options by May, it will be disappointing.

There are about 5-7 bridge QBs (Rudolph, Tanneyhill, Minshew, Garrapolo, Darnold, Wentz, Huntley)out there that wouldn't break the bank and about 6-7 QBs in draft

Best case scenario for me would be Rudolph or Darnold for 8-10M and move up in draft for Maye or Daniels(Williams unattainable).
Post #: 8187
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 9:58:27 AM   
Todd M

I think there is a slight chance Williams makes it to 3. I don’t think a guy can peak as early as he did and maintain it all the way through the draft process. Generally. I mean I think it’s evident that he went from consensus #1 generational talent to someone scrutinized down a peg or two. And we have a few things to get through still.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8188
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 10:03:07 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

I think there is a slight chance Williams makes it to 3. I don’t think a guy can peak as early as he did and maintain it all the way through the draft process. Generally. I mean I think it’s evident that he went from consensus #1 generational talent to someone scrutinized down a peg or two. And we have a few things to get through still.

There are some articles out there about him and his dad being a pain in the butt on the financial side.

But, I doubt it takes him off the #1 spot.
Post #: 8189
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 10:12:33 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mullins and Hall.
That’s it..

Actually if it was me I would see what Baker wants....he impressed me last year but the same thing applies....2/50 and you still grab a qb in the first.
Again....I hope they learned a lesson last year (2 qbs and cutting a player a year early is better than a year too late). I think they learned that they kept Thielen a year too long....Kendricks being cut was about correct.

Baker is almost assuredly staying in Tampa. He wants to be there, they want him.
Post #: 8190
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 11:11:05 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Cousins is NOT coming back to Minnesota.

- They didn't just hire Josh McCown as QB Coach in order to coach Cousins.

- Cousins blabbing about wanting to return to Minny = leverage.

- Kwesi blabbing about wanting Cousins (but always saying the two sides have to meet in the middle) = Standard GM BS.

- KOC blabbing the standard tripe about loving Cousins while glass-eyed and unfocused = a HC who is a terrible liar.

Again, Cousins is NOT going to be extended, resigned, you-name-it, with Minnesota.
Post #: 8191
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 11:13:30 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

- Kwesi blabbing about wanting Cousins (but always saying the two sides have to meet in the middle) = Standard GM BS.

- KOC blabbing the standard tripe about loving Cousins while glass-eyed and unfocused = a HC who is a terrible liar.

Again, Cousins is NOT going to be extended, resigned, you-name-it, with Minnesota.

I don't know. You are not taking into account his new JJ approved 'gold grill'.
Post #: 8192
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 11:22:15 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Why in the he!! would we want to pay decent money for a good backup to start, let alone pay for a Baker Mayfield type, when the team is not going to be competitive?

Use that cap for JJ, for Darrisaw, towards signing an upper tier long-term FA, for cap to roll over to next year, for actually paying for a 2024 contract with cap from 2024 (gasp)... or anything else.

As I said months ago, we are going to draft a QB. Period. "Fact". That QB is going to start in 2024. Maybe not right away, but say by the halfway point of the season.

Mullens will start then be the backup.

Starting Mullens is fine. He may throw a lot of interceptions, but he looks so damn confident after throwing them that a young QB is certain to learn important things like poise, bearing, and composure!
Post #: 8193
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 11:24:50 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I don't know. You are not taking into account his new JJ approved 'gold grill'.

LOL. Yeah, and apparently the marketing arm of Cousins' agency said Kirko needs to be more out there, less robotic, and hip acting to better entice teams in free agency.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 2/29/2024 11:29:39 AM >
Post #: 8194
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 11:28:49 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mullins and Hall.
That’s it..

And burn dang near half of the rookie's contract on the bench? Terrible use of resources.

Besides, Mayfield isn't signing somewhere for just two years.

Nonstarter.
Post #: 8195
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 11:35:30 AM   
Todd M

No one in the world looks good with a gold grill. I’d turn down Ariana Grande if she showed up for our date with them. And she’s a perfect 10.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8196
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 11:37:39 AM   
Todd M

I don’t put it past this regime to resign Cousins and draft a guy high essentially wasting a rookie contract.

~Todd Mallett
Post #: 8197
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 11:39:46 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mullins and Hall.
That’s it..

And burn dang near half of the rookie's contract on the bench? Terrible use of resources.

Nonstarter.

The last two that sat...Jordan Love and Mahomes. Makes me want to consider it.

Post #: 8198
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 11:54:48 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mullins and Hall.
That’s it..

Nonstarter.

Neither team signed a QB the year they drafted those guys. They had established starters in place.

Mahomes sat 1 year, Love would probably be farther ahead if he only sat 1.

If you sign Mayfield to a 2 year deal (which he won't sign - barring a drastic overpay...), you're basically saying the rookie isn't playing until year 3.
Post #: 8199
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/29/2024 12:08:48 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mullins and Hall.
That’s it..

Nonstarter.

Neither team signed a QB the year they drafted those guys. They had established starters in place.

Mahomes sat 1 year, Love would probably be farther ahead if he only sat 1.

If you sign Mayfield to a 2 year deal (which he won't sign - barring a drastic overpay...), you're basically saying the rookie isn't playing until year 3.

So sitting one year would still be beneficial.....

Post #: 8200
Page:   <<   < prev  326 327 [328] 329 330   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  326 327 [328] 329 330   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode