Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  337 338 [339] 340 341   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2024 6:30:28 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Mayfield's full deal
More numbers on the Baker Mayfield contract:

2024: $30 million guaranteed

2025: $30 million ($20 million guaranteed)

2026: $40 million

He’s eligible to earn $5 million each year in incentives ($2.5 million in statistical incentives and $2.5 million in playoff incentives).

Patriots finalizing deal to send Mac Jones to Jaguars: Sources

Here are the top 10 available players, according to The Athletic's Randy Mueller:

Danielle Hunter, edge (most recent team: Vikings)
Saquon Barkley, RB (Giants)
Kirk Cousins, QB (Vikings)
Za'Darius Smith, edge (Browns)
Christian Wilkins, DT (Dolphins)
Jonathan Greenard, edge (Texans)
Josh Jacobs, RB (Raiders)
Xavier McKinney, S (Giants)
Lloyd Cushenberry III, C (Broncos)
Bryce Huff, edge (Jets)

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 8451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2024 6:40:06 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Mullet sucks.

That wasn’t the question, Phil

Captain obvious wants his hat back.

One of the two isn’t Mullens. KC/Russ Wilson/Darnold and draft pick which I have said all along.

Looking like no last min Kirk signing. Testing FA and Atlanta already talking $$$$

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/10/2024 6:47:47 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 8452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2024 6:54:02 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Mullet sucks.

That wasn’t the question, Phil

Captain obvious wants his hat back.

One of the two isn’t Mullens. KC/Russ Wilson/Darnold and draft pick which I have said all along.

Looking like no last min Kirk signing. Testing FA and Atlanta already talking $$$$

i would opt for wilson, dobbs, and draft a qb in the 1rst round - all three by end of april....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 8453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2024 7:55:32 PM   
marty

I feel excited, I am excited for the possibility that Atlanta or some other team signs Kirk tomorrow.

It feels like Christmas Eve.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 8454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2024 8:11:31 PM   
David Levine

According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, though the Vikings and Cousins remain in communication regarding a potential deal, it appears that Cousins will hit free agency when the “legal tampering” period kicks off tomorrow at 11:00 AM Central time. Pelissero also says that he expects the Atlanta Falcons and the Denver Broncos to be in on the Cousins sweepstakes at this point.

Pelissero reports that he would expect an offer for Cousins to be more than $40 million per season, which is more than the Vikings can currently offer him under NFL contract rules. That means that, if the Broncos or the Falcons (or someone else) offers him more than that during the legal tampering period, the Vikings can’t do anything to match until after Cousins’ contract voids at the start of the league year. . .and at that point they would already have to eat the $28.5 million dead money charge from the void years on Cousins’ current deal, making it prohibitive for them to sign him to a similar deal.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/3/10/24096792/kirk-cousins-to-hit-free-agency-minnesota-vikings-nfl-free-agency
Post #: 8455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2024 9:18:57 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Dianna Russini, the senior NFL insider at The Athletic, is reporting that the Vikings are expecting to hear from Cousins tonight regarding his decision about whether or not he’ll be testing the free agent market this offseason. This comes one day ahead of the NFL’s “legal tampering” period, which begins on Monday at 11:00 AM Central time, and three days before the start of the new league year at 3:00 PM Central on Wednesday.

As we’ve mentioned numerous times in this space, if the Vikings want to avoid the $28.5 million dead salary cap hit that will result if Cousins hits free agency, they will have to have a deal worked out before the start of the new league year. If they do not, the odds of the Vikings bringing Cousins back would be just about zero since they likely wouldn’t want to pay that dead money hit and a salary on top of it.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/3/10/24096388/minnesota-vikings-hear-from-kirk-cousins-tonight-free-agency

What?

Make an offer you dolts. Or refuse to make an offer you dolts.

Don't just wait for Cousins to sign off on an exclusive negotiation.

You have other options, show some balls for once and act like it.

"This is our offer, yes or no?"

Everybody else starts the league year on March 13. We start as soon as Cousins accepts or rejects our offer.

Pathetic.

Relax!

Kwesi finds his mojo! https://youtu.be/K-Uz3OZpCNM

The dude is GONE. He's been gone.
Post #: 8456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2024 10:15:19 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Dianna Russini, the senior NFL insider at The Athletic, is reporting that the Vikings are expecting to hear from Cousins tonight regarding his decision about whether or not he’ll be testing the free agent market this offseason. This comes one day ahead of the NFL’s “legal tampering” period, which begins on Monday at 11:00 AM Central time, and three days before the start of the new league year at 3:00 PM Central on Wednesday.

As we’ve mentioned numerous times in this space, if the Vikings want to avoid the $28.5 million dead salary cap hit that will result if Cousins hits free agency, they will have to have a deal worked out before the start of the new league year. If they do not, the odds of the Vikings bringing Cousins back would be just about zero since they likely wouldn’t want to pay that dead money hit and a salary on top of it.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/3/10/24096388/minnesota-vikings-hear-from-kirk-cousins-tonight-free-agency

What?

Everybody else starts the league year on March 13. We start as soon as Cousins accepts or rejects our offer.

Pathetic.

Relax!

So classic.

"I tell you what now between me and you ... there is no me and you."

I don't care who says it, as long as it gets said by the start of the league year.
Post #: 8457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2024 10:49:06 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What?

Pathetic.

Relax!

So classic.

"I tell you what now between me and you ... there is no me and you."

I don't care who says it, as long as it gets said by the start of the league year.

It's been said all along. Whether is was quite loudly said by letting KFC hang w/o a contract in his FA year, KFC babbling about the all-important contract structure, Kwesi repeatedly saying we yet again have to meet at the table, or OMG KOC standing at the combine podium all glass-eyed vomiting the standard yet obviously BS 'we love Kirk' cliches.
Post #: 8458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2024 10:54:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Nine-time Pro-Bowl quarterback and former Super-Bowl champion Russell Wilson plans to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers, league sources told ESPN.

Wilson will sign a team-friendly, one-year deal in which the Broncos will wind up paying $38 million of his salary while Wilson wears the black and yellow.
Post #: 8459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2024 11:06:30 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, though the Vikings and Cousins remain in communication regarding a potential deal, it appears that Cousins will hit free agency when the “legal tampering” period kicks off tomorrow at 11:00 AM Central time. Pelissero also says that he expects the Atlanta Falcons and the Denver Broncos to be in on the Cousins sweepstakes at this point.

Pelissero reports that he would expect an offer for Cousins to be more than $40 million per season, which is more than the Vikings can currently offer him under NFL contract rules. That means that, if the Broncos or the Falcons (or someone else) offers him more than that during the legal tampering period, the Vikings can’t do anything to match until after Cousins’ contract voids at the start of the league year. . .and at that point they would already have to eat the $28.5 million dead money charge from the void years on Cousins’ current deal, making it prohibitive for them to sign him to a similar deal.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/3/10/24096792/kirk-cousins-to-hit-free-agency-minnesota-vikings-nfl-free-agency

Kinda rephrasing although leaving out the important $40 million threshold... https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/kirk-cousins-rumors-tracker-news-vikings-falcons-2024/2c837c080bcbed5764b04dfc

Cousins' agent informed the Vikings on Sunday the four-time Pro Bowl quarterback would be hitting the open market on Monday, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, who noted the Vikings, Falcons and possibly Broncos could all be involved in pursuing Cousins.

"A deal could come together quickly assuming the offer is right," Pelissero said. "So what does an offer to Kirk Cousins look like? I would certainly anticipate that the average per year is going to be upwards of $40 million but structure is also really important, future guarantees are really important to a player who has played on a fully guaranteed deal for nine seasons in a row."
Post #: 8460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 12:05:44 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

DAMN IT, can’t fn wait to be rid of his pathetic, non-winning, can’t even spike a ball in the final moments of a game without checking with his coach first, let’s just throw it out if boundS ON fourth down, clueless, idiotic, Jesus boy, asshat worthless, POS QB wannabe KFC.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 9:18:45 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Cousins is as good as gone. I would be surprised if he is back now.

This team is going to suck folks.

It was either way but now they won't be locked into another ginormous guarantee. And JJ may not want to play with a team in full rebuild, which we truly should be right now. I like having his talent. But I don't like that he will soon be eating up a significant portion of the Salary Cap. and we need to resign Hunter, Darrisaw, etc

It pains me to say it but we should trade JJ to a team that really wants him for more picks. Use those picks to get the QB we really want. Find other WR options...

They won't They'll keep him. but right now there are entirely too many holes to fill and we don't have the picks to fill them, and can't and shouldn't committ too much cap space to filling them either.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 8462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 9:34:23 AM   
Todd M

If you need a complete rebuild after 2 full years of competitive rebuild…you should lose your job.
Post #: 8463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 10:18:17 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Semantics.

Trading a single player (JJ) does not signal a full rebuild. Trading most of JJ, Darrisaw, O'Neill, Hock, and most of whatever little talent is on defense is more in line with a full rebuild.

But Qweasy isn't going to trade the so-called face of the franchise. A face that has never won a playoff game, let alone a championship. Might as well break away from the NFL and move to a Fantasy Football League.
Post #: 8464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 10:20:15 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

It was either way but now they won't be locked into another ginormous guarantee. And JJ may not want to play with a team in full rebuild, which we truly should be right now. I like having his talent. But I don't like that he will soon be eating up a significant portion of the Salary Cap. and we need to resign Hunter, Darrisaw, etc

It pains me to say it but we should trade JJ to a team that really wants him for more picks. Use those picks to get the QB we really want. Find other WR options...

They won't They'll keep him. but right now there are entirely too many holes to fill and we don't have the picks to fill them, and can't and shouldn't committ too much cap space to filling them either.

After quite pointedly bashing that idea months ago, it's good to see you've come around. Better late than never!
Post #: 8465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 10:20:31 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

If you need a complete rebuild after 2 full years of competitive rebuild…you should lose your job.

I agree with one caveat - if the competitive rebuild was insisted on by ownership in the spirit of "let's see if it works" or "we are money addicts and don' t want to risk losing the sale of a few hundred $12 beers" or whatever reason - then GM and HC should get a chance at putting together their team. If it was the GM's idea from the get-go then yes it's a fire-able offense.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 8466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 10:22:16 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I agree with one caveat - if the competitive rebuild was insisted on by ownership in the spirit of "let's see if it works" or "we are money addicts and don' t want to risk losing the sale of a few hundred $12 beers" or whatever reason - then GM and HC should get a chance at putting together their team. If it was the GM's idea from the get-go then yes it's a fire-able offense.

Was thinking that too. We don't know what was said in 2022/23.
Post #: 8467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 10:26:37 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Googled NFL Free Agency and saw this from a twitter. Who knows. Nobody is technically hitting free agency yet.

Kirk Cousins will hit free agency and begin discussions with Atlanta as soon as the tampering window opens in 90 minutes, per sources.

Edit. The tweet was from Russini who is mentioned here: Meanwhile, Kirk Cousins will hit free agency and begin discussions with the Atlanta Falcons at noon, league sources told The Athletic's Dianna Russini.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/11/2024 10:29:59 AM >
Post #: 8468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 10:34:06 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

After quite pointedly bashing that idea months ago, it's good to see you've come around. Better late than never!

I really don't like th idea. but iif we are going to suffer through a bad/inexperienced QB, then it will be a couple years until we are truly good. There are just too many holes. If our Defense was really good and we just had a "Dilfer", then I wouldn't trade JJ. But we are losing a couple of our better defenders and even Flores magic can't cover all the holes. So since sucking is inevitable, and JJ is going to eat up too much cap....trade him. Use what you can get to build it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 8469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 10:47:12 AM   
fmaltes

I have a feeling they are going to keep KFC. They will work it out.
Post #: 8470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 10:54:45 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmaltes

So he takes 40M/year to stay?
Post #: 8471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 11:06:58 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

My fear is we do something dumb like three years with beaucoup incentives or ATL/others fall through with not enough over what we are offering to pull him away.

The max 40m is for the length of a contract or 2 years?
Post #: 8472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 11:12:06 AM   
odin

I hope atnaltA gives kfc 2yrs 105m guaranteed or 3yrs 150m guaranteed in the next few minutes so this galling and dreadful chapter is closed.
Post #: 8473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 11:34:51 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

My fear is we do something dumb like three years with beaucoup incentives or ATL/others fall through with not enough over what we are offering to pull him away.

It literally tops out at 40M/year. No annual raises, no bonuses. He can not make more than 40M in any of the years on a new contract from us.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 3/11/2024 11:36:35 AM >
Post #: 8474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2024 11:39:20 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It literally tops out at 40M/year. No annual raises, no bonuses. He can not make more than 40M in any of the years on a new contract from us.

Thanks. I was wavering.
Post #: 8475
Page:   <<   < prev  337 338 [339] 340 341   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  337 338 [339] 340 341   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode