Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: The Rodent
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 8:13:16 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Unfortunately this is the same injury that ended Joe Mauer's rookie season after only 35 games.

Leave it to Matt to try to tie something with the Twins into this.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 326
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 8:15:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
8m
Devastating injury – and timing – for what's been a monster season for Towns and the No. 1 seed Timberwolves (43-19). Towns has been gathering second opinions on the meniscus tear over the last 24 hours, sources said.

Post #: 327
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 8:25:32 AM   
Phil Riewer

Still have Naz as a starter and have Garza too....maybe Leonard Miller runs with the 2nd Unit?

Post #: 328
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 8:30:26 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Still have Naz as a starter and have Garza too....maybe Leonard Miller runs with the 2nd Unit?

Hate to break it to you, but it doesn't matter.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 329
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 8:44:09 AM   
twinsfan

Now it's just a meniscus injury according to Woz. I take this to mean the Wolves are desperately trying to convince the fans it's not over, so keep buying those tickets. A meniscus injury is a tear. You can't bruise your meniscus.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 330
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 9:25:34 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Now it's just a meniscus injury according to Woz. I take this to mean the Wolves are desperately trying to convince the fans it's not over, so keep buying those tickets. A meniscus injury is a tear. You can't bruise your meniscus.

The starting unit will be Naz or NAW and the rtg will be the same as with KAT.....sorry Matt. It will be the bench that is hurt some and TJ Warren or Marcus Morris will probably take Naz's spot in the second unit. KAT may be back by playoffs.

The Wolves are one of the deepest teams in the league....

Post #: 331
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 12:02:20 PM   
Karl Juhnke

I had torn meniscus. I imagine the prognosis for a young athlete is different that that of an arthitic 60 year old. In my case, they deemed that there wasn't much there to work with to repair surgically, and said try some PT. So I wasted a whole summer doing that, got worse instead of better and got a knee replacement in the fall. Knee was already bad, but this was just a last straw.

I guess the only thing I can say to relate to Towns is, this will hamper him all season. Even if they can miraculously get him back on the court, he won't be the same player until next year.
Post #: 332
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 12:20:24 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

The starting unit will be Naz or NAW and the rtg will be the same as with KAT.....sorry Matt. It will be the bench that is hurt some and TJ Warren or Marcus Morris will probably take Naz's spot in the second unit. KAT may be back by playoffs.

I think we start Naz or Kyle.

I don't see us going small by starting McDaniels at PF.
Post #: 333
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 1:31:32 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Regardless of starting 5, this puts Naz in a bigger role. I hope he's up to it. He's fun as a solid bench player and fan favorite who can occasionally dazzle. But when guys like that are thrust into larger roles in can go either way. They can seize the moment and shine, or they can get exposed and struggle.
Post #: 334
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 4:22:41 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

quote:

Regardless of starting 5, this puts Naz in a bigger role. I hope he's up to it. He's fun as a solid bench player and fan favorite who can occasionally dazzle. But when guys like that are thrust into larger roles in can go either way. They can seize the moment and shine, or they can get exposed and struggle.

Problem is Naz has already been playing 24 minutes a game. Now we need him to play 32, which is only 8 minutes more. So who plays what was once Naz's 24 minutes?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 335
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 4:27:10 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Problem is Naz has already been playing 24 minutes a game. Now we need him to play 32, which is only 8 minutes more. So who plays what was once Naz's 24 minutes?

I would say even a 24 to 32 minute jump is a big one.

The reason is, you can be selective about the 24 minutes and give him better matchups. 32 might start to stretch him in situations that are not as optimal. You know how NBA seems to be a game of runs? Matchups is a big part of why.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 3/7/2024 4:30:44 PM >
Post #: 336
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 4:36:41 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The reason is, you can be selective about the 24 minutes and give him better matchups. 32 might start to stretch him in situations that are not as optimal. You know how NBA seems to be a game of runs? Matchups is a big part of why.

Phil thinks the Wolves will be fine.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 337
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 6:15:19 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Phil thinks the Wolves will be fine.

And they might be. We just don’t know.

Meanwhile, 26 seconds in, Ant steps on a foot and limps off the court.

Ah, yes. This is the Timberwolves. The Gods are angry.
Post #: 338
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 6:26:28 PM   
Karl Juhnke

Well Edwards is back in.
Post #: 339
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/7/2024 10:39:33 PM   
Steve Lentz

Ant carried us again tonight. This kid is capable of being as good as anyone in the league.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 340
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/8/2024 8:54:01 AM   
Phil Riewer

Most incredible block to win the game at the end by Ant....surprised he didn't get hurt as he leaped over Jaden hit, his head on the rim, and landed on his wrist.

Post #: 341
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/8/2024 10:12:40 AM   
David Levine

Score tied 105-105, here’s the full compilation of what Anthony Edwards just did in the final ~minute to secure the victory for Minnesota:

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1765931947363361217
Post #: 342
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/8/2024 10:51:57 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

Score tied 105-105, here’s the full compilation of what Anthony Edwards just did in the final ~minute to secure the victory for Minnesota:

Besides the block, of course, I love how he set up that first 3. Working the defender over to the sideline behind Rudy, then stopping on a dime coming back around Rudy and nailing the shot.
Post #: 343
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/8/2024 11:58:47 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Now if he coulda just made that free throw.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 344
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/8/2024 4:04:31 PM   
wrh

quote:

quote:

Then we would have missed that amazing block! Excellant win!
Post #: 345
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/8/2024 6:47:43 PM   
Karl Juhnke

Micah Nori acting head coach tonight. Finch ‘under the weather’.
Post #: 346
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/8/2024 6:48:54 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: wrh

quote:

quote:

Then we would have missed that amazing block! Excellant win!

Nah he would have just blocked the game tying 3 instead.
Post #: 347
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/9/2024 9:18:29 AM   
twinsfan

Rudy really is an idiot. Go stump for Trump.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 348
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/10/2024 4:13:25 PM   
David Levine

Thank you, Rudy, for saying it and taking one for the team.

quote:

The National Basketball Association announced on Sunday afternoon the league fined Minnesota Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert $100,000 for his “money” gesture towards crew chief Scott Foster and postgame comments towards about the officiating.

$100,000 is the largest fine levied by the NBA so far this season, according to Joe Vardon of The Athletic.

Dane Moore: Full Rudy Gobert comments on the officiating tonight in Cleveland...

What happened with the 6th foul and the technical afterward?

"It's not just one call. Everybody makes mistakes, but when it's throughout the whole game and it's over and over and over that things are weirdly officiated. And obviously that's my sixth foul. Yeah, of course it's frustrating. Then obviously my reaction -- which I think is the truth I truly believe -- and even if it is the truth, I think it wasn't the time for me to react that way. I should have not done that. Cost my team the game. And obviously, they can't wait to give me a tech. So yeah, that was a bad, that was an immature reaction from me."

What are you saying you truly believe?

"I've been in this league a long time, man. And I understand this game pretty well. I love this game. I love to go and compete every night with my teammates. Tonight, it was the second night of a back to back. Obviously I made some mistakes. I elbowed on the dunk (an offensive foul he committed). Mistakes happen. Referees make mistakes, too. Sometimes I think it's more than mistakes. And I'm gonna stay at that. I think everyone that's in this league knows. And I think it's got to get better. I'll bite the bullet again. I'll be the bad guy again that speaks what I think is the truth. And hopefully the league -- I mean they're probably gonna fine me, and once again I'll take the fine -- but I think it's hurting our game. We shouldn't -- I know the betting and all that is becoming bigger and bigger -- but it shouldn't feel that way. And I give all my respect to the other team, to Cleveland. They played a hell of a game, too. But just let the players decide the game."
Post #: 349
RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season - 3/11/2024 9:13:55 AM  1 votes
twinsfan

quote:

Thank you, Rudy, for saying it and taking one for the team.

quote:

The National Basketball Association announced on Sunday afternoon the league fined Minnesota Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert $100,000 for his “money” gesture towards crew chief Scott Foster and postgame comments towards about the officiating.

$100,000 is the largest fine levied by the NBA so far this season, according to Joe Vardon of The Athletic.

Dane Moore: Full Rudy Gobert comments on the officiating tonight in Cleveland...

What happened with the 6th foul and the technical afterward?

"It's not just one call. Everybody makes mistakes, but when it's throughout the whole game and it's over and over and over that things are weirdly officiated. And obviously that's my sixth foul. Yeah, of course it's frustrating. Then obviously my reaction -- which I think is the truth I truly believe -- and even if it is the truth, I think it wasn't the time for me to react that way. I should have not done that. Cost my team the game. And obviously, they can't wait to give me a tech. So yeah, that was a bad, that was an immature reaction from me."

What are you saying you truly believe?

"I've been in this league a long time, man. And I understand this game pretty well. I love this game. I love to go and compete every night with my teammates. Tonight, it was the second night of a back to back. Obviously I made some mistakes. I elbowed on the dunk (an offensive foul he committed). Mistakes happen. Referees make mistakes, too. Sometimes I think it's more than mistakes. And I'm gonna stay at that. I think everyone that's in this league knows. And I think it's got to get better. I'll bite the bullet again. I'll be the bad guy again that speaks what I think is the truth. And hopefully the league -- I mean they're probably gonna fine me, and once again I'll take the fine -- but I think it's hurting our game. We shouldn't -- I know the betting and all that is becoming bigger and bigger -- but it shouldn't feel that way. And I give all my respect to the other team, to Cleveland. They played a hell of a game, too. But just let the players decide the game."

Thank you to Rudy for accusing the ref for being on the take with no evidence?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Timberwolves 2023 - 2024 Season Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode