Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins off-season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins off-season Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins off-season - 1/16/2024 10:12:14 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Marlins open to Arraez trade.

Somebody alert Hoiseth.

I wonder if they'd take Pablo Lopez straight-up?

We didn't.

So why would they?

Very misleading statement.

We got Lopez plus 2 prospects for only Arraez.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 301
RE: Twins off-season - 1/16/2024 12:26:24 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Somebody alert Hoiseth.

We didn't.

So why would they?

How is it misleading?

We didn't trade Arraez straight up for Lopez. We traded Arraez for Lopez and 2 prospects.

So Why should they? Arraez was a big part of their success last year. I don't know why they'd want to trade him now.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 302
RE: Twins off-season - 1/16/2024 4:01:03 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Somebody alert Hoiseth.

We didn't.

So why would they?

How is it misleading?

We didn't trade Arraez straight up for Lopez. We traded Arraez for Lopez and 2 prospects.

So Why should they? Arraez was a big part of their success last year. I don't know why they'd want to trade him now.

The concept of us needing pitching and them needing hitting still is foreign to some; also we signed him to an extension as quick as we could. It has to mean we want to trade one of the best pitchers in the MLB that we fine tuned back to his original club.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 303
RE: Twins off-season - 1/17/2024 4:57:51 PM   
Phil Riewer

Diamond Sports/Baileys getting Amazon backing???

Post #: 304
RE: Twins off-season - 1/17/2024 5:56:27 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Maybe it will stream on Prime.
No provider can be worse than BSN or Diamond

Seth Meyer's special on the debate.
Seth: "At the start of the debate, Kamala walked up to Trump and grabbed his hand....cause she's a star"
Post #: 305
RE: Twins off-season - 1/18/2024 9:14:28 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

Weird they went from being on YouTube and Hulu to not being on hardly anything.....great way to go bankrupt.

Post #: 306
RE: Twins off-season - 1/18/2024 10:03:05 AM   
MDK

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

Weird they went from being on YouTube and Hulu to not being on hardly anything.....great way to go bankrupt.

Perhaps the dumbest marketing plan in the history of sports media.

Seth Meyer's special on the debate.
Seth: "At the start of the debate, Kamala walked up to Trump and grabbed his hand....cause she's a star"
Post #: 307
RE: Twins off-season - 1/22/2024 10:27:01 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Dumb marketing play for 2024. Don't do anything of any significance all offseason.

Just spout some bullshit about how they have to cut payroll because of TV contract. Some of the richest owners in baseball and they don't have enough money to add? Liars. They will NEVER have another contract? Liars. They had and still have opportunities to improve this team.

You want to make money off of a professional sports team, especially one in a market with a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar? YOU HAVE TO PUT A WINNER ON THE FIELD, COURT, ICE... You have to be competitive EVERY STINKING YEAR. I would really like an ownership group that wants to win. Not one that just wants the prestige of owning a team. I've had enough of the Pohlads.

Post #: 308
RE: Twins off-season - 1/22/2024 3:18:17 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Dumb marketing play for 2024. Don't do anything of any significance all offseason.
Just spout some bullshit about how they have to cut payroll because of TV contract. Some of the richest owners in baseball and they don't have enough money to add? Liars. They will NEVER have another contract? Liars. They had and still have opportunities to improve this team.
You want to make money off of a professional sports team, especially one in a market with a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar? YOU HAVE TO PUT A WINNER ON THE FIELD, COURT, ICE... You have to be competitive EVERY STINKING YEAR. I would really like an ownership group that wants to win. Not one that just wants the prestige of owning a team. I've had enough of the Pohlads.

Sounds like the winter caravan is Jan 23-30th....if there ever was a time to be active.....just before the caravan.

Matt is still going no matter what of course....

Post #: 309
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 10:32:57 AM   
twinsfan

Today is the day.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 310
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 10:38:37 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

Sounds like the winter caravan is Jan 23-30th....if there ever was a time to be active.....just before the caravan.

Just checked the caravan schedule. Terrible. They've really scaled back. Mpls, St. Paul, Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Sioux Falls, Fargo, Cedar Rapids, Carlton/Duluth. Where are the smaller towns, other than the private events in Randolph and Forest Lake? What a ripoff.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 311
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 10:46:39 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just checked the caravan schedule. Terrible. They've really scaled back. Mpls, St. Paul, Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Sioux Falls, Fargo, Cedar Rapids, Carlton/Duluth. Where are the smaller towns, other than the private events in Randolph and Forest Lake? What a ripoff.

Cost savings run deep.
Post #: 312
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 11:19:24 AM   
twinsfan

But let's focus on more important things today. Today is the day.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 313
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 11:57:02 AM  4 votes
Trekgeekscott

quote:

But let's focus on more important things today. Today is the day.

The day where the HOF no longer means sustained greatness? One can be really really good for four or five years then be decidedly average for the rest of one's career and still be a first ballot HOFer?

Look, I liked Joe Mauer. I though Joe was certain on track for a HOF career early, but then bi later leg weakness, Concusssion 6 or so years of below average to average play at best....I was on the fence whether he deserved to be in at all. And he'is highly likely to be enshrined on the first ballot?

Deluding the meaning of HOFer right there.

It took Harmon Killebrew a lot longer to get in.

Post #: 314
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 12:26:58 PM   
Steve Lentz

Killebrew is certainly my all-time favorite Twin.
Mauer is very deserving of being considered for the H.O.F. I have no doubt he will be a member. I really don't care if he makes it in his first year of eligibility. I'll be thrilled though if he does!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 315
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 3:16:16 PM   
Phil Riewer

I feel really torn that the only reason they are making Joe Mauer first ballot is the shortage of catchers in the Hall. They had the same disagreement about Mauer on MLB radio today that we have in here. Only one year over 13 HR and only 9 years as a catcher plus his 1B/DH stats are meh.

Anyone who says he shouldn't be a first ballot---I have a tough time not agreeing with them.

Post #: 316
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 3:19:53 PM   
twinsfan

Miguel Sano has signed a minor league deal with the Angels.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 317
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 3:23:36 PM   
Phil Riewer

Perdió algo de peso

Post #: 318
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 4:13:24 PM  1 votes
TJSweens

quote:

I feel really torn that the only reason they are making Joe Mauer first ballot is the shortage of catchers in the Hall. They had the same disagreement about Mauer on MLB radio today that we have in here. Only one year over 13 HR and only 9 years as a catcher plus his 1B/DH stats are meh.

Anyone who says he shouldn't be a first ballot---I have a tough time not agreeing with them.

The concept of someone not being good enough to go in the first year, but good enough to go in years 2-15 is just stupid. IMO Mauer just plain didn't have the career totals to be in the Hall. He had a great 9 year run at catcher and then it all fell apart.

There too many players that don't belong in the Hall already. Mauer will just further water it down.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 319
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 4:40:47 PM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

The concept of someone not being good enough to go in the first year, but good enough to go in years 2-15 is just stupid. IMO Mauer just plain didn't have the career totals to be in the Hall. He had a great 9 year run at catcher and then it all fell apart.

There too many players that don't belong in the Hall already. Mauer will just further water it down.

Posey and Molina are 2 guys that deserve it and on the doorstep. We will see.

Post #: 320
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 4:58:09 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Posey and Molina are 2 guys that deserve it and on the doorstep. We will see.

Mauer blows Posey away in WAR. And blows Molina away even more. Not sure how you can defend that take.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 321
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 5:17:23 PM  1 votes
David Levine

Mauer is in.
Post #: 322
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 5:18:55 PM   
David Levine

Along with Beltré and Helton.
Post #: 323
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 5:19:38 PM   
twinsfan

Congrats Joe!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 324
RE: Twins off-season - 1/23/2024 5:20:36 PM   
twinsfan

Wagner must have missed by the slimmest of margins. Next year is final year on the ballot.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins off-season Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode