Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins off-season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins off-season Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 10:45:00 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Examples of Media in the last day that isn't going to stand pat on payroll (who usually say nothing):

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman
Relative to the average MLB payroll, the Twins' current 2024 payroll is their lowest since the final season at the Metrodome in 2009.
Twins' payroll in 2009 was 74% of the MLB average.
Twins' current $124 million payroll is 75% of the $164 million MLB average, per FanGraphs.

Cody Pirkl
@CodyPirkl
The #MNTwins also have the 8th richest owner in the MLB by net worth, and Minnesota is the 15th largest market in the MLB.

Ted
@tlschwerz
The #MNTwins could’ve gone this route, but instead chose more money with
@BallySportsNOR
to spend less on the team.

Next year, they’ll get less money from broadcasting too…
Arizona Diamondbacks
@Dbacks
·
16h
Introducing http://DBACKS.TV!
Watch your reigning NL champs all season long for just $99.99: http://dbacks.com/watch

The Twins gave me a free subscription to MLB.tv, so I have access to every out-of-market game broadcast throughout the season. That's very generous.

How much are your season tickets?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 601
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 10:46:23 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Examples of Media in the last day that isn't going to stand pat on payroll (who usually say nothing):

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman
Relative to the average MLB payroll, the Twins' current 2024 payroll is their lowest since the final season at the Metrodome in 2009.
Twins' current $124 million payroll is 75% of the $164 million MLB average, per FanGraphs.

Cody Pirkl
@CodyPirkl
The #MNTwins also have the 8th richest owner in the MLB by net worth, and Minnesota is the 15th largest market in the MLB.

The 8th richest ownership group in baseball in the 15th largest market had their highest payroll ever last year. Falvine called it unprecedented in team history, yet it was only 17th in MLB last year. To recap...8th richest, 15th biggest, 17th highest payroll....and the Twins make it sound like that was beyond their means.

And this year they are 19th

You know, for all this big talk, maybe if some of you put some skin in the game financially, the Twins would have the revenue needed to have bigger player payrolls. Go to some games. Buy some concessions. Buy tickets for family and friends as gifts.

I go to ST games every year and support their minor league teams through the summer too. I also watch on TV which is why advertisers buy air time on Twins broadcasts giving them all kinds of revenue.

🖕

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 602
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 10:46:46 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman

Cody Pirkl
@CodyPirkl

The 8th richest ownership group in baseball in the 15th largest market had their highest payroll ever last year. Falvine called it unprecedented in team history, yet it was only 17th in MLB last year. To recap...8th richest, 15th biggest, 17th highest payroll....and the Twins make it sound like that was beyond their means.

You know, for all this big talk, maybe if some of you put some skin in the game financially, the Twins would have the revenue needed to have bigger player payrolls. Go to some games. Buy some concessions. Buy tickets for family and friends as gifts.

I used to go to 3-4 games a year. I was excited last year and could only make it to one. It would be so easy to make it exciting for me, yet. Like I said earlier I might catch a couple Saints games instead.

Post #: 603
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 10:52:04 AM   
Phil Riewer

Aaron Gleeman and Twins Daily have never offered this opinion on the Twins before this year. They have rolled with the Twins payroll choices until this year as have many fans.....not sure the attendance will increase TBH to levels they want.

Post #: 604
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 12:02:13 PM   
Mister Ed

I'll consider supporting them by watching a game if they upgrade and get farther than the playin game

actually give a crap and try to win it all instead of worrying about breaking a stupid losing streak that was self inflicted.

What was old is new again
Post #: 605
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 1:29:21 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman

Cody Pirkl
@CodyPirkl

One of my favorite posts ever.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 606
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 1:46:33 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman

Cody Pirkl
@CodyPirkl

Definitely one of your most tone deaf.
Post #: 607
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 2:12:55 PM   
Mister Ed

quote:

Nominee for best post of the year!

What was old is new again
Post #: 608
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 5:33:53 PM   
twinsfan

For the record LENIII and Dan Hayes agree with me on this payroll kerfuffle.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 609
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 7:43:47 PM   
TJSweens

What a surprise. LEN III and Dan Hayes supporting the company line.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 610
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 10:48:18 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman

Cody Pirkl
@CodyPirkl

I struck a nerve. That's a good post. Go Twins!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 611
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 10:50:00 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

I'm mad at you. Now go support the team you despise at a couple spring training games.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 612
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 10:52:56 PM   
twinsfan

If the A's move to Vegas (I highly doubt it...a bunch of fake posturing), DL can safely abandon the team he hates.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 613
RE: Twins off-season - 2/23/2024 11:32:28 PM   
David Levine

quote:

If the A's move to Vegas (I highly doubt it...a bunch of fake posturing), DL can safely abandon the team he hates.

You have serious problems. And you seem to be obsessed with me…
Post #: 614
RE: Twins off-season - 2/24/2024 12:29:24 AM   
twinsfan

I wished you a happy birthday and you didn't reciprocate. That is not normal behavior. Maybe you also have a serious problem?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 615
RE: Twins off-season - 2/24/2024 12:31:45 AM  1 votes
David Levine

quote:

I wished you a happy birthday and you didn't reciprocate. That is not normal behavior. Maybe you also have a serious problem?

Amazing. You even make my birthday all about you.
Post #: 616
RE: Twins off-season - 2/24/2024 12:39:00 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

Happy belated birthday, even though I wished you a timely happy birthday a few days ago. You are now given a second chance of proper etiquette.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 617
RE: Twins off-season - 2/24/2024 12:52:29 AM   
twinsfan

Watching a replay of SD vs LAD right now. These jerseys really are awful. Sloppy. Thin and baggy. Not professional. Like pajamas. The sleeves look like they buckle at the bicep. What's with the band at the end of the sleeve? They gotta get this fixed.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 618
RE: Twins off-season - 2/24/2024 7:54:35 AM   
Phil Riewer

Dan Hayes article on Wednesday:
Despite large payroll reduction Correa still feels Twins can win.

If they cut back on media food Len would let his true thoughts be known.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/24/2024 7:56:13 AM >

Post #: 619
RE: Twins off-season - 2/24/2024 8:42:52 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Happy belated birthday, even though I wished you a timely happy birthday a few days ago. You are now given a second chance of proper etiquette.

So needy

Post #: 620
RE: Twins off-season - 2/24/2024 9:29:05 AM   
twinsfan

Twins beat the Gophers handily yesterday.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 621
RE: Twins off-season - 2/24/2024 6:28:46 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

I'm mad at you. Now go support the team you despise at a couple spring training games.

Don't know what team I despise. Today, I went and saw the team I've rooted for since I was 8. Twins won 5-3. The only thing of significance was that Austin Martin really looked the part in CF. The man is freaky fast and saved Varland's ass with a great running back to the infield catch.

We bought my wife some new Twins swag. All in all a fun afternoon.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 2/24/2024 6:30:09 PM >

Post #: 622
RE: Twins off-season - 2/25/2024 10:38:18 AM   
Phil Riewer

Kike Hernandez had a double hernia surgery after last year. Now down to 4 teams. One is the Twins.

Post #: 623
RE: Twins off-season - 2/26/2024 1:02:54 PM   
twinsfan

Just received this email from my season ticket rep. If anyone is interested, just let me know.

Do you know someone who may be interested in MN Twins Tickets?

MN Twins Tickets include:
Discounted Group Tickets
Fundraising Tickets
Private Hospitality Suites
ALL Season Ticket Plans

Get rewarded for any family members, coworkers, Facebook friends, neighbors, etc. that secure tickets through me, no limit on referrals.
Simply have them reference your account number (included in this email) or your name when they reach out.

*Referral Rewards include Premium Tickets for the 2024 season, Autographed merchandise, Bobbleheads and more!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 624
RE: Twins off-season - 2/26/2024 2:02:26 PM   
Phil Riewer

Not sure about this one:

Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan
·
1m
The Minnesota Twins are acquiring outfielder Manuel Margot from the Los Angeles Dodgers for shortstop Noah Miller, sources tell ESPN. Twins get outfield depth, Dodgers get relief from the $12 million owed Margot and a former comp-round pick. First on the deal:
@juanctoribio

Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins off-season Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode