Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2024 Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 7:36:31 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

With the blitz of articles this past week espousing how "aggressive" the Vikings will be in moving up in the draft, I'm starting to feel like it could be smoke on some level.

Like, could Kwesi be savvy enough to be letting teams think he is willing to give up 4 firsts to move up and let them sweat when we don't call?

Then they call us and we get a better deal?

And the other story this week being that we sent everyone to hang out with JJ this week as more smoke that he is the guy we really like and are moving to 4 for him...

and instead we pass and move up one spot for Penix?

Or to bait another team to move up for him?

Just seems weird that we would be so transparent

I appreciate you trying to cheer me up, but I'm convinced Kwesi will do whatever it takes to move up.

Cheer you up? Exciting to get a QBOTF. Darnold is actually fairly young also. Trade party is going to be rocking and what will you be doing?

With Darnold it is like we have 2 QBOTF.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/25/2024 11:34:53 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 776
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 8:49:42 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

With the blitz of articles this past week espousing how "aggressive" the Vikings will be in moving up in the draft, I'm starting to feel like it could be smoke on some level.

Like, could Kwesi be savvy enough to be letting teams think he is willing to give up 4 firsts to move up and let them sweat when we don't call?

And the other story this week being that we sent everyone to hang out with JJ this week as more smoke that he is the guy we really like and are moving to 4 for him...

I appreciate you trying to cheer me up, but I'm convinced Kwesi will do whatever it takes to move up.

Cheer you up? Exciting to get a try QBOTF. Darnold is actually fairly young also. Trade party is going to be rocking and what will you be doing?

Reminding us where we coulda/shoulda got our guy.
Post #: 777
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 9:09:25 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cheer you up? Exciting to get a try QBOTF. Darnold is actually fairly young also. Trade party is going to be rocking and what will you be doing?

… his guy.
Post #: 778
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 11:06:16 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I don't know who Brett Kollman is, but his thought processes are pure genius IMO.

Brett Kollmann
@BrettKollmann
I feel like picks 2, 3, 4, and 5 all lining up for the chance to get Minnesota's picks should be some kind of warning sign to all of us.

I don't know what that warning is yet, but it's there.
4:02 PM · Mar 24, 2024
·
Views

4 and 5 might be lining up. I’m just hoping 2 and 3 aren’t closed off to the possibility.

I'm hoping they're all closed off to the possibility.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 779
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 11:07:43 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I will probably be getting very depressed over what we gave up to move up. We don't have to try to get a TRY for QBOTF. He will be sitting there waiting for us to pick him at 11 if we just have any patience. My prediction is Kwesi is going to do "WHATEVER IT TAKES". He is going to make whoever we trade with very, very, very happy.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/25/2024 11:12:40 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 780
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 11:13:58 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope. I will just be getting very depressed.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 781
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 11:37:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why? What we have done in FA and the Draft will be fun with more involvement now whether we stay or trade up.

Darnold and QBOTF both should get your daper up.

Post #: 782
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 11:51:22 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why? What we have done in FA and the Draft will be fun with more involvement now whether we stay or trade up.

I've decided Darnold might not suck so all the more reason for us NOT to trade up. You know my thoughts on Kwesi's drafting acumen. He's probably the worst GM at that in the NFL. I see him giving up huge assets to move up for a player and it will be the wrong player to boot. Nope. My dapper will not be up.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 783
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 11:56:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've decided Darnold might not suck so all the more reason for us NOT to trade up. You know my thoughts on Kwesi's drafting acumen. He's probably the worst GM at that in the NFL. I see him giving up huge assets to move up for a player and it will be the wrong player to boot. Nope. My dapper will not be up.

RU Kidding? Any of the 4 is exciting dude. KOC also is in his ear.

Why are you so stuck on 2022 draft? 2023 Draft: Addison, TJ, Blackmon, Roy. The draft is important but so is FA and UDFA......

Post #: 784
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 12:08:42 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

RU Kidding? Any of the 4 is exciting dude. KOC also is in his ear.

Why are you so stuck on 2022 draft? 2023 Draft: Addison, TJ, Blackmon, Roy. The draft is important but so is FA and UDFA......

I just saw rankings for the 23 draft. Vikings were at 27th which was a big step up from the year before when we were ranked 32. Maybe Kwesi makes a big move up again and we have the 22nd best draft this year. 2 of the 4 you are talking about might be available at pick 11. I'm not getting excited over them if we give up additional FRPs to get them. I do think that Kwesi is kind of good at the FA/UDFA stuff.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/25/2024 12:09:58 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 785
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 12:36:03 PM  2 votes
marty

If you think Kwesi will be horrible at drafting, then you should be glad he's giving up a bunch of picks he likely would have messed up, and moved up near the top of the draft where the odds of his hitting sharply improve.

Hit on QB, and everything starts to fall in place.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 786
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 12:53:41 PM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ironically and sadistically (to me), the more I read about the prospects the more I am coming around to staying put. I have become a little less enthusiastic about Maye and McCarthy (since yesterday so that can change in a hurry) ... I think Nix is actually growing on me a little bit (could also be a form of head lice).

Please don't infer that you influence me in any way. Although, if I'm honest, it really annoys me when you're right (Treadwell). Which doesn't happen all that often. For anybody where the draft is related. But I suppose that's a negative influence.

My point ... even when you were spot on with Treadwell ... your negative campaign against him was over the top annoying .... nobody knows for sure at that point ... it is still a guess at that point and while criticizing a pick(s) is perfectly fine ... going on and on with certainty before the draft has even ended, can be a true buzzkill.

Its one thing, after twelve seasons to hold a buzzkill opinion of a Cousins and his big game ineptitude ... its another to bludgeon everybody with your certainty about prospects before we are even done with the draft.

Keep a little perspective please. See how it goes.
Post #: 787
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 1:16:16 PM   
Tom Sykes

OK ... belay my previous post. After reading Harbaugh's comments on McCarthy, I'm back on the McCarthy bandwagon ... trade everything.

Jeremy Fowler@JFowlerESPN
·5h

Jim Harbaugh doubled down on J.J. McCarthy: “I think he’s the best quarterback in the draft,” he said from AFC coaches breakfast. Says a ‘killer comes out’ when adversity hits.

[I'm Slightly kidding.]
Post #: 788
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 1:17:46 PM   
TJSweens

Strange mocks today. There are at least 3 that have the Pats trading out of #3 to the Vikings and doing nothing about a QB in the first round. In these scenarios, the Vikings take either Maye or Daniels and Denver trades up to get McCarthy. Both Pennix and Nix go undrafted in the first round.

The mocks that go multiple rounds have NE picking Nix in the second.

I'm not buying the 2 through 5 wanting the Vikings picks rumor. Washington and NE are as desperate for a QBOTF as the Vikings. They're both in position to have one of the elites fall in their laps. Why would they trade out of that position? The only possibility I see is NE thinking McCarthy is as good as QB3 and being willing to move down as long as they can still get McCarthy.

4 & 5 are both plausible as both teams have a lot of needs and may value two firsts this year and an extra one next year over a WR even if it's MHJ. I especially could see Harbaugh fitting this mind set. Keep in mind either one could easily move up a couple of spots from 11 and grab the last of the 3 elite receivers.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 789
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 1:26:35 PM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

OK ... belay my previous post [about being back on the McCarthy bandwagon] ... (I'm going to begin every post this way until the draft is over)

There are discussions now of Harbaugh calling McCarthy the best QB in the universe to promote someone moving up for a QB in front of the Chargers pick. Giving him more non-QB options to choose from.

Diabolical but it makes sense.
Post #: 790
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 1:29:21 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Strange mocks today. There are at least 3 that have the Pats trading out of #3 to the Vikings and doing nothing about a QB in the first round. In these scenarios, the Vikings take either Maye or Daniels and Denver trades up to get McCarthy. Both Pennix and Nix go undrafted in the first round.

I'm not buying the 2 through 5 wanting the Vikings picks rumor. Washington and NE are as desperate for a QBOTF as the Vikings. They're both in position to have one of the elites fall in their laps. Why would they trade out of that position? The only possibility I see is NE thinking McCarthy is as good as QB3 and being willing to move down as long as they can still get McCarthy.

4 & 5 are both plausible as both teams have a lot of needs and may value two firsts this year and an extra one next year over a WR even if it's MHJ. I especially could see Harbaugh fitting this mind set. Keep in mind either one could easily move up a couple of spots from 11 and grab the last of the 3 elite receivers.

I think the 2 is pretty much off limits. But if NE is not sold on (especially) Maye or McCarthy, I could see them trading down. But probably not lower than 5 if they do like McCarthy.

I still think Penix goes by 13, but I wouldn't be stunned to see him slide to the 2nd. I've been saying all along Nix is probably early 2nd. But I do think if Penix goes top half of R1, it actually increases the chances of Nix going in the 1st.
Post #: 791
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 4:05:39 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I think the 2 is pretty much off limits. But if NE is not sold on (especially) Maye or McCarthy, I could see them trading down. But probably not lower than 5 if they do like McCarthy.

I still think Penix goes by 13, but I wouldn't be stunned to see him slide to the 2nd. I've been saying all along Nix is probably early 2nd. But I do think if Penix goes top half of R1, it actually increases the chances of Nix going in the 1st.

I don't get how you can see Penix going at 13, but not Nix at 12 to Denver where everybody and their mother think he's a perfect fit.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 792
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 4:09:22 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ironically and sadistically (to me), the more I read about the prospects the more I am coming around to staying put. I have become a little less enthusiastic about Maye and McCarthy (since yesterday so that can change in a hurry) ... I think Nix is actually growing on me a little bit (could also be a form of head lice).

Please don't infer that you influence me in any way. Although, if I'm honest, it really annoys me when you're right (Treadwell). Which doesn't happen all that often. For anybody where the draft is related. But I suppose that's a negative influence.

My point ... even when you were spot on with Treadwell ... your negative campaign against him was over the top annoying .... nobody knows for sure at that point ... it is still a guess at that point and while criticizing a pick(s) is perfectly fine ... going on and on with certainty before the draft has even ended, can be a true buzzkill.

Its one thing, after twelve seasons to hold a buzzkill opinion of a Cousins and his big game ineptitude ... its another to bludgeon everybody with your certainty about prospects before we are even done with the draft.

I appreciate what you're saying Tom. When it comes to Treadwell I did pretty extensive research on him which for me was about 3 hours. In all the film I watched he almost never got separation. I kept hearing how great he was on contested passes and that's good I guess, but I very much prefer receivers who seldom have to make contested catches. For sharing that opinion I was getting attacked big time.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 793
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 4:11:36 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

OK ... belay my previous post [about being back on the McCarthy bandwagon] ... (I'm going to begin every post this way until the draft is over)

There are discussions now of Harbaugh calling McCarthy the best QB in the universe to promote someone moving up for a QB in front of the Chargers pick. Giving him more non-QB options to choose from.

Diabolical but it makes sense.

If I'm not mistaken the word belay was invented by my great uncle Paul Petzoldt who was a pretty legendary mountain climber who invented a great deal of the mountain climbing terminology in use today.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 794
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 4:26:23 PM   
Todd M

Um…that distinction goes to my great great great great great grandfather Captain Mallett. The man who chased down Blackbeard and ended his tyranny.
Post #: 795
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 4:28:02 PM   
Todd M

The More You Know
Post #: 796
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 4:34:13 PM   
Todd M

I think I’ve now read a dozen articles each linking us to one of Maye/Daniels/McCarthy and the same # saying we can or can’t get to a top selection.

I want to hit the FF button.
Post #: 797
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 4:35:14 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I appreciate what you're saying Tom. When it comes to Treadwell I did pretty extensive research on him which for me was about 3 hours. In all the film I watched he almost never got separation. I kept hearing how great he was on contested passes and that's good I guess, but I very much prefer receivers who seldom have to make contested catches. For sharing that opinion I was getting attacked big time.

As Seinfeld would say, 'I'm not sure you do' ... It doesn't matter if you were right about Treadwell.

I don't care how much time you've put into, we all hit and miss on some. Its a guessing game ... not a measurement of knowledge or research.

It wasn't about voicing your opinion ... it was about drowning out the draft thread with your constant complaining after we drafted Treadwell.

Just my opinion.
Post #: 798
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 4:37:59 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Um…that distinction goes to my great great great great great grandfather Captain Mallett. The man who chased down Blackbeard and ended his tyranny.

There is a mountain climbing use of the word but the 'belay that order' or 'hold that order' use is definitely nautical.
Post #: 799
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/25/2024 4:47:45 PM   
Phil Riewer

Two years ago most thought Malik Willis would be 2 rounds before he did.

Aaron Rogers and Jordan Love dropped to the bottom of the 1st round before drafted----it is so sad that so many teams need a QB this year.

Post #: 800
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode