Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2024 Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 4:10:07 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Joel Klatt still loves Drake Maye.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLDhj53sIE0&ab_channel=TheJoelKlattShow%3AACollegeFootballPodcast

Daniel Jeremiah has Maye at #2 QB

Bucky Brooks #3

Charlie Campbell (Walterfootball) #3

Klatt is a month old. How recent are those three you mentioned. The newer they are the lower Maye will be is my guess.
Simms #6.

simms said that kellen mond was the next big thing....

Simms said Mond was the 4th best QB in a bad draft class. Was he wrong? Were there 4 great QBs in that class and Mond was 5th? 5 Great QBs in that class and Mond was 6th? How wrong was he? LMAO about people who want to discredit Simms bringing up Mond. That's really something to hang your hat on. Yeah he got that one wrong. OMG. He got others wrong too. OMG.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/26/2024 4:15:29 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 826
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 8:01:04 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLDhj53sIE0&ab_channel=TheJoelKlattShow%3AACollegeFootballPodcast

Bucky Brooks #3

Klatt is a month old. How recent are those three you mentioned. The newer they are the lower Maye will be is my guess.
Simms #6.

In fact Simms said the Vikings got a top 20 talent in the third round.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 827
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 9:20:10 AM   
Phil Riewer

Whichever QB we end up drafting will have 2 very good bookend tackles a top 5 WR and a top5ish TE.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 828
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 9:51:31 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Whichever QB we end up drafting will have 2 very good bookend tackles a top 5 WR and a top5ish TE.

Darnold might light it up.
Post #: 829
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 9:53:50 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bucky Brooks #3

Simms #6.

Simms said Mond was the 4th best QB in a bad draft class. Was he wrong? Were there 4 great QBs in that class and Mond was 5th? 5 Great QBs in that class and Mond was 6th? How wrong was he? LMAO about people who want to discredit Simms bringing up Mond. That's really something to hang your hat on. Yeah he got that one wrong. OMG. He got others wrong too. OMG.

You’re the only one in here that champions a draftnik - regardless of the fact that Simms is no more accurate than anybody else. You just dismissed Klatt and a few other draftniks because they think higher of Maye than you do.

I know you want the vikings to land a good qb prospect … but the pwanting to be right about which prospects turn out good over others is a fixation on another level.
Post #: 830
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 9:55:31 AM  2 votes
Tom Sykes

I’m done psychoanalyzing.

I know it sounds smug, I have my own fixations to worry about.
Post #: 831
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 9:59:13 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bucky Brooks #3

Simms #6.

They haven't played any games since those guys made their ranking. They have done the scouting, analyzing and breaking down of tape.

They aren't changing their rankings.
Post #: 832
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 11:16:40 AM   
TJSweens

Ridiculous mock on ESPN has the Cardinals taking McCarthy at 4 and trading Kyler Murray to the Vikings for 11.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 833
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 12:35:33 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Darnold might light it up.

Darnold's ceiling I would guess would be average to just above. We are supposed to be getting a "FRANCHISE" QB. I think that is supposed to mean he will be a superstar and lead our team a Super Bowl victory every 2 or 3 years and do that for at least the next 15 years. Looks like we got 6 Super Bowls victories coming.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/26/2024 12:53:47 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 834
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 12:36:17 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Ridiculous mock on ESPN has the Cardinals taking McCarthy at 4 and trading Kyler Murray to the Vikings for 11.

I don't hate Kyler, but how big is his contract.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 835
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 12:38:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bucky Brooks #3

Simms #6.

They haven't played any games since those guys made their ranking. They have done the scouting, analyzing and breaking down of tape.

They aren't changing their rankings.

Yet all the mocks have the rankings changing. Also there was the combine and pro days. Jim Harbaugh says McCarthy had the best pro day he's ever seen. That should sway them.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 836
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 12:39:34 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bucky Brooks #3

Simms #6.

You’re the only one in here that champions a draftnik - regardless of the fact that Simms is no more accurate than anybody else. You just dismissed Klatt and a few other draftniks because they think higher of Maye than you do.

I know you want the vikings to land a good qb prospect … but the pwanting to be right about which prospects turn out good over others is a fixation on another level.

Actually read what I post and don't make assumptions. I didn't dismiss Klatt at all. I think he's good. I just mentioned his ranking was a month old as food for thought. Simms is better than everyone else. The data supports that.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/26/2024 12:41:07 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 837
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 12:53:37 PM   
marty

What do you think of this latest mock draft (?) :

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-nfc-team-moves-up-and-down-the-board-cowboys-lions-make-big-splashes-to-improve-offense/

It has Denver trading up to #4 for McCarthy, Minnesota taking CB Quinyon Mitchell at #11, and QB Michael Penix at #23.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 838
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 12:56:14 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-nfc-team-moves-up-and-down-the-board-cowboys-lions-make-big-splashes-to-improve-offense/

It has Denver trading up to #4 for McCarthy, Minnesota taking CB Quinyon Mitchell at #11, and QB Michael Penix at #23.

Is Quinyon better than Arnold or DeJean? If so I don't hate it. Of course I prefer Nix whether at 11 or 23. Tomorrow I might prefer Maye. I'm very wishy-washy between those 2.
I took a closer look at the mock and I see that CBS thinks Quinyon is better than the others at least for Flores defense. Murphy was on the board. I would prefer him to Quinyon. They had Maye already taken and both Penix and Nix available at 23. I doubt either is available at 23. We could easily do worse than this mock so if it was offered to me to accept or reject right now I would without hesitation accept it.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/26/2024 1:03:02 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 839
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 1:59:53 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

Is Quinyon better than Arnold or DeJean? If so I don't hate it. Of course I prefer Nix whether at 11 or 23. Tomorrow I might prefer Maye. I'm very wishy-washy between those 2.
I took a closer look at the mock and I see that CBS thinks Quinyon is better than the others at least for Flores defense. Murphy was on the board. I would prefer him to Quinyon. They had Maye already taken and both Penix and Nix available at 23. I doubt either is available at 23. We could easily do worse than this mock so if it was offered to me to accept or reject right now I would without hesitation accept it.

I have no idea if "Quinyon [is] better than ... DeJean" on defense but id bet a strawberry shake he isnt better at returning punts, as all you U fans would probably love to disagree with
Post #: 840
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 2:08:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

I have no idea if "Quinyon [is] better than ... DeJean" on defense but id bet a strawberry shake he isnt better at returning punts, as all you U fans would probably love to disagree with

Do we need a punt returner? I have no clue who our punt returner is. Is DeJean sensational at it?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 841
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 2:28:13 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do we need a punt returner? I have no clue who our punt returner is. Is DeJean sensational at it?

Brandon Powell returned punts last year and he's still on the roster

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 842
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 3:21:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Brandon Powell returned punts last year and he's still on the roster

That settles it. We need a punt returner.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 843
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 8:09:12 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

I don't see Denver trading to #4 while the Vikings stand pat. Denver doesn't have the assets to get to 4 and the Vikings didn’t add and extra first rounder to not move up.

Post #: 844
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 8:20:07 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I don't see Denver trading to #4 while the Vikings stand pat. Denver doesn't have the assets to get to 4 and the Vikings didn’t add and extra first rounder to not move up.

Pick 23 can be used to move up. It can be used to draft a very good player. I sure hope we aren't locked into moving up, but we probably are.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 845
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 8:23:00 PM   
Chris Olson

One article I saw referencing KOC on the Pat Mcafee Show says his answer about Accuracy being the #1 trait they are looking for and he fumbled over Penix and his accuracy...

so apparently that means he is not on the draft board for us...

"After doing his homework, Kevin O’Connell does not see Michael Penix Jr as a QB who is accurate enough to become a franchise guy in the NFL. If the Vikings are targeting a later 1st round quarterback, it’ll likely be Bo Nix (who they have been tied to a couple times recently)"

If accuracy is #1, then Daniels must be their top target, right?
Post #: 846
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 8:34:18 PM   
kgdabom

Bucky Brooks joins the many expecting Drake Maye to slide in the draft. In his mock 3.0 he has the Minnesota Vikings selecting him at pick 11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JVh6si434g

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 847
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 8:51:00 PM  1 votes
TJSweens

Many has just been redefined to Bucky Brooks and kg.

I see as many mocks that have Maye going at #2 as going anywhere past 3.

Post #: 848
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 8:59:22 PM   
marty

I totally agree with you TJ, I was just trying to see if people would be happy with that CB and Penix.

I would now be more surprised if the Vikings do NOT trade up, but it's possible the Vikings have limits on what they will give for certain draft spots, and there are a few teams (Denver, LV, NY Giants, others) that have a pretty strong desire to get one of the top 5 QBs.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 849
RE: 2024 Draft - 3/26/2024 9:40:36 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Many has just been redefined to Bucky Brooks and kg.

I see as many mocks that have Maye going at #2 as going anywhere past 3.

I've seen several recently with Maye sliding to 11 or later from reputable sources. You're going to see more and more Maye sliding reports as we approach the draft. Maye is big and strong. That's about all he has going for him.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/26/2024 9:42:16 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 850
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode