Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2024 Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 7:02:56 AM   
Todd M

In 2013 Miami moved from 12 to 3 for said 1st and #42.

Kwesi must be looking at that and that’s where his stand on #11 and a 2025 1st comes from.

Has a team ever shipped 2 #1’s for the #3 pick. IDK. I’m just going by an article that talks of the last 3 trades for #3.

If no one has then 2 #1’s should satisfy “precedent setting” whether Kwesi wins big and it’s 24/25 or we have to go 11/23.

Forget 3#1’s plus plus but I can see Kwesi coming out on the ‘had to do what we had to’ and get the deal done with 11/23 25 1st. Maybe any day now.
Post #: 1376
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 8:46:37 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

KOC showed he didn't suck, and a 13-3 season was a good start.

You negative Nellies would have driven Belichek out of NE after just a year or 2.

Let's see what KOC does with a good QB, maybe we'll get the chance to see how he does with a HOF QB.

LOL. You went from boasting about KOC to 'he doesn't suck.'

I can't believe you are bending the knee to Bill so easily.

So now the Vikings went "13-3".

Fluke season. 11-0 in one score games. An NFL record. Boy, that quickly changed in 2023.

And you'd think if someone is trying to make a belittling point by using the winningest coach in NFL history, they'd at least be able to spell his name correctly.
Post #: 1377
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 9:48:39 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Kwesi must be looking at that and that’s where his stand on #11 and a 2025 1st comes from.

Has a team ever shipped 2 #1’s for the #3 pick. IDK. I’m just going by an article that talks of the last 3 trades for #3.

If no one has then 2 #1’s should satisfy “precedent setting” whether Kwesi wins big and it’s 24/25 or we have to go 11/23.

Forget 3#1’s plus plus but I can see Kwesi coming out on the ‘had to do what we had to’ and get the deal done with 11/23 25 1st. Maybe any day now.

Why would two #1s be “precedent setting”? Because its less than the three #1s the 49ers gave up for the #3 pick just a couple years ago?
Post #: 1378
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 9:59:39 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

KOC showed he didn't suck, and a 13-3 season was a good start.

You negative Nellies would have driven Belichek out of NE after just a year or 2.

Let's see what KOC does with a good QB, maybe we'll get the chance to see how he does with a HOF QB.

LOL. You went from boasting about KOC to 'he doesn't suck.'

I can't believe you are bending the knee to Bill so easily.

So now the Vikings went "13-3".

Fluke season. 11-0 in one score games. An NFL record. Boy, that quickly changed in 2023.

And you'd think if someone is trying to make a belittling point by using the winningest coach in NFL history, they'd at least be able to spell his name correctly.

It was an unbelievable ride … until GB and DET made it clear at the end of the season how average we were without a favorable wind in our sails.
Post #: 1379
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 11:31:10 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I don't know if KOC is a good QB coach or not. Cousins, Mullens, Dobbs and Hall couldn't lead a bloodhound to a T-bone no matter who is coaching them.

Right ... again, he did squeeze more out of Stafford and something out of Cousins.

McCown coached with Reich for one year I think ... Phillips with KOC and McVay ... don't know much about passing game coach Angelichio or game management coordinator Cordell

... so the staff is definitely a bunch of little cornichons vs big pickles.

We need to magically draft a unicorn QB prospect and defensive help. Then sign an IOL or two and WR along the way to training camp.

Only then IMO will we see KOC start to become the HC we want.

The problem is KOC is supposed to be the HC/OC....once you add QB coach on top of it; too much for one guy.

They will need Darnold, Hall, and whomever they draft being given full attention.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 4/22/2024 11:32:54 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1380
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 11:38:15 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young
KOC apologists are as bad as trumpers.
13 wins was a once in a million set of pure luck.
KFC was worse after the miracle season.. KFC couldn’t coach or playcall or scheme to beat weak teams
We face a far tougher schedule on paper this upcoming season..
I’m betting Darnold gets lost in KOC word salad playcalling and the offense struggles just like last season.
and KAM couldn’t find talent if it was shoved up his ass..
My opinion..

KAM apparently doesn't have scouts or coaches that feed him opinon? He just trusted the wrong one(s) on Cine and Booth.

Post #: 1381
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 12:22:27 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

If KAM is responsible for pulling the trigger on those picks, he needs to get better info or maybe listen to people who actually know football..

I have no idea who or why those two wastes of roster space are or were put on or kept on the roster..

The draft process is in a shambles.. passing on players they should draft because the talent is patently obvious.. and pick up players that do not translate to NFL level talent.

It’s like we have a set of idiots in the draft war room. Possibly scouts and talent evaluation being “ overruled by the egomaniac, smartest commodity trader in the room..

I actually dread watching the draft, because obvious talent get passed over for “ trade back picks or picks are made for damaged players..

PENIx scares the hell out of me..

He suffered season ending injuries against college level competition, either though his inability to avoid or just plain dumb play.

The NFL will crumple him like an empty beer can

This team hasn’t had an NFL level offensive line across the board, in over a decade, and it shows , come time for playoffs, when protection and LOS control are at a premium.

I’m sick of drafting WR’s who are all about being a diva and wanting big money, just because the NFL has skewed the game to passing and scoring shootouts..

I’m starting to lose interest in this team, because if hasn’t been relevant for over a decade..

Season records and individual stats do not win playoff games.

It takes a type of roster toughness that has been completely lost on this teams coaches and management.

Nothing I can do but watch in horror and yell at my TV..

Watching the play clock tick down to 1-2 seconds, even after a time out.. tells me that KOC is Nico and an idiot.

How can an NFL OL and QB not see and understand the play clock?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1382
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 12:23:00 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

KFC was worse after the miracle season.. KFC couldn’t coach or playcall or scheme to beat weak teams
I’m betting Darnold gets lost in KOC word salad playcalling and the offense struggles just like last season.
My opinion..

KAM apparently doesn't have scouts or coaches that feed him opinon? He just trusted the wrong one(s) on Cine and Booth.

I don't blame anyone for Cine.

A few games into his rookie season he breaks his leg, compound fracture even (that means part of the bone was sticking out of the skin). I don't think anyone is ever the same after an injury like that. That and with Josh Metellus and Cam Bynum playing well in front of him...

Booth, he had an injury history in college, it wasn't a matter of if he'd get hurt, it was when. They should have avoided him with a ten foot pole.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1383
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 12:35:53 PM  1 votes
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

My opinion..

I don't blame anyone for Cine.

A few games into his rookie season he breaks his leg, compound fracture even (that means part of the bone was sticking out of the skin). I don't think anyone is ever the same after an injury like that. That and with Josh Metellus and Cam Bynum playing well in front of him...

Booth, he had an injury history in college, it wasn't a matter of if he'd get hurt, it was when. They should have avoided him with a ten foot pole.

Cine had 2 defensive snaps his rookie season before getting hurt. He's had 8 snaps since then.

But the bigger problem was the methodology. Kwesi kept trading down to accumulate more picks at the expense of better players.

Kyle Hamilton was the clear cut best safety in the draft and we traded the pick for Cine.

Great, he drafted 10 players. The most "impactful" one was Akayleb Evans...
Post #: 1384
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 1:04:03 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Why would two #1s be “precedent setting”? Because its less than the three #1s the 49ers gave up for the #3 pick just a couple years ago?

Sorry. Figured I was missing something. Must have been and old article.
Post #: 1385
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 1:12:12 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

If KAM is responsible for pulling the trigger on those picks, he needs to get better info or maybe listen to people who actually know football..

I have no idea who or why those two wastes of roster space are or were put on or kept on the roster..

The draft process is in a shambles.. passing on players they should draft because the talent is patently obvious.. and pick up players that do not translate to NFL level talent.

It’s like we have a set of idiots in the draft war room. Possibly scouts and talent evaluation being “ overruled by the egomaniac, smartest commodity trader in the room..

I actually dread watching the draft, because obvious talent get passed over for “ trade back picks or picks are made for damaged players..

He suffered season ending injuries against college level competition, either though his inability to avoid or just plain dumb play.

This team hasn’t had an NFL level offensive line across the board, in over a decade, and it shows , come time for playoffs, when protection and LOS control are at a premium.

I’m sick of drafting WR’s who are all about being a diva and wanting big money, just because the NFL has skewed the game to passing and scoring shootouts..

I’m starting to lose interest in this team, because if hasn’t been relevant for over a decade..

It takes a type of roster toughness that has been completely lost on this teams coaches and management.

Watching the play clock tick down to 1-2 seconds, even after a time out.. tells me that KOC is Nico and an idiot.

Erin Henderson, this month:

Folks don't want to hear this but as long as the Vikes locker room is filled with nice guys they ain't gonna win. Attitude reflects leadership and the Vikes are a nice family oriented organization top to bottom.

In reply to the fanbase wanting Zimmer: Zim wasn't a dawg. He was just a dick.
Post #: 1386
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 1:31:57 PM  1 votes
marty

I wasn't trying to belittle anyone, I was just trying to say those speaking negatively on KOC, would have been the same type of people that would have driven Belichick from Cleveland.

I agree that Donatell should have been fired much sooner, I posted on here wanting him fired after game 2. I may have been a little early, but he should have been fired by December.

However, keeping Donatell around did lead to Kirk failing in the playoffs, and getting rid of Kirk this off-season. Had Donatell been fired in December of 2022, and the Vikings beat the Giants in the playoff game, we might have gotten stuck with Kirk for another 3 or 4 wasted years.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1387
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 1:32:25 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Erin Henderson, this month:

Folks don't want to hear this but as long as the Vikes locker room is filled with nice guys they ain't gonna win. Attitude reflects leadership and the Vikes are a nice family oriented organization top to bottom.

In reply to the fanbase wanting Zimmer: Zim wasn't a dawg. He was just a dick.

After throwing short against the Giants, you'd like to see ... at the very least ... is O'Connell get in Cousins face and f-bomb an explanation of why that's the one thing you can't do.

What Cousins got was a shoulder rub and an 'Owie' from O'Connell.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/22/2024 1:39:28 PM >
Post #: 1388
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 1:34:19 PM  1 votes
marty

KOC showed he can coach a winning regular season, and I hoping to get to see what he does with what might be a better QB, what could end up being a HOF QB, or even a QB that wins a Super Bowl.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1389
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 1:40:50 PM   
David Levine

quote:

I wasn't trying to belittle anyone, I was just trying to say those speaking negatively on KOC, would have been the same type of people that would have driven Belichick from Cleveland.

I agree that Donatell should have been fired much sooner, I posted on here wanting him fired after game 2. I may have been a little early, but he should have been fired by December.

However, keeping Donatell around did lead to Kirk failing in the playoffs, and getting rid of Kirk this off-season. Had Donatell been fired in December of 2022, and the Vikings beat the Giants in the playoff game, we might have gotten stuck with Kirk for another 3 or 4 wasted years.

He was rightly fired. 5 years, under .500 record. 1 winning season.

It was 5 years (and 3 of them working under Parcels) before he got another chance.

He also struggled badly with Bledsoe his first year.

Not to mention he only made the Playoffs 1 time in 6 years without Brady (and lost that WC game).
Post #: 1390
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 3:48:30 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

I love the FAs we grabbed and our defense will be even more fun to watch this year. The Rams won a SB by grabbing key FAs.

A team can be built by both.

Post #: 1391
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 4:09:34 PM   
David Levine

Word on this Monday of NFL Draft week is that the Patriots are increasingly likely to stick and pick at their #3 slot, which has implications for the Vikings draft strategy on Thursday night.

Three of the top NFL insiders- Adam Schefter with ESPN, Albert Breer with SI, and Peter Schrager with FoxSports- are all reporting that the Patriots are unlikely to trade down and will pick a quarterback at #3.

Drake Maye appears to be the favorite, assuming the Commanders take Jayden Daniels at #2.

All of the above are saying that the Patriots are still answering the phone, and the Vikings and Giants are the primary teams calling, but so far no deal has been reached for the Patriots to trade that pick. Previous reports suggested that the Patriots were looking for a “unprecedented offer” to trade down from #3, which at this point seems increasingly unlikely to be provided. Tom Curran, who covers the Patriots, recently reported that it would take an offer of more than three first-round picks for the Patriots to trade down.

Albert Breer added that he thinks the Vikings can make it work with JJ McCarthy or Michael Penix Jr., so they’re unlikely to break the bank in a trade up with the Patriots.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft said at the league meeting a few weeks ago that one way or another, he wants to get a young, top quarterback in the draft, and that undoubtedly carries weight with Patriots’ decision-makers, including de facto GM Eliot Wolf.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/4/22/24137367/patriots-likely-to-stick-and-pick-a-qb-at-3
Post #: 1392
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 4:15:15 PM   
marty

Not to mention he only made the Playoffs 1 time in 6 years without Brady (and lost that WC game).

So you're saying we hang onto KOC until he gets a HOF QB, or if he doesn't get one, he still might deserve a few more years ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1393
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 4:17:33 PM   
Todd M

Another name for ‘the guy we wanted all along’. Leftovers.
Post #: 1394
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 4:18:33 PM   
David Levine

A Letter to NFL GMs

“Truth is, I’d be more worried if I had never been injured. We don’t all come back the same. I know the storms I’m prepared to weather. For most people that’d be the end of their story. But there’s more to my story, and I own every page of it.”

“So I have no problem taking all the MRIs and X-rays you ask of me… Truth is, it’s an EKG that will tell you everything you need to know about me.”

Mike

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/michael-penix-jr-nfl-draft-ncaa-football-university-of-washington
Post #: 1395
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 4:39:17 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

A Letter to NFL GMs

“Truth is, I’d be more worried if I had never been injured. We don’t all come back the same. I know the storms I’m prepared to weather. For most people that’d be the end of their story. But there’s more to my story, and I own every page of it.”

“So I have no problem taking all the MRIs and X-rays you ask of me… Truth is, it’s an EKG that will tell you everything you need to know about me.”

Mike

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/michael-penix-jr-nfl-draft-ncaa-football-university-of-washington

Wow I loved that.

I heart Penix.

Kinda my guy all along.
Post #: 1396
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 4:43:14 PM   
David Levine

Player's Tribune is a terrific platform.
Post #: 1397
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 4:48:15 PM   
David Levine

Very, very, very extensive breakdown:

2024 NFL Draft: Pro execs, scouts, coaches rank and evaluate the top 20 prospects in this QB class
Tom Pelissero

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-pro-execs-scouts-coaches-rank-and-evaluate-the-top-20-prospects-in-this-qb-class

< Message edited by David Levine -- 4/22/2024 4:59:40 PM >
Post #: 1398
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 7:14:23 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

So it obvious that one of two things will happen on Thursday night..

Either KAM will commodity trader his way out of future draft picks and pick a fn bust with his draft capital,

or we will end up drafting the next Christian Ponder or Ryan Leaf..

I’m out.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1399
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 7:19:46 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Penix's low, left-handed delivery comes up often in conversations with scouts and coaches.

"Unless he's throwing the ball outside the f---ing numbers, it's getting batted down," another AFC executive said. "He throws it on a f---ing rope every f---ing time. He's thrown a deep ball -- I've seen that, all right, great. He's got that f---ed up motion. He's got zero touch“

Glowing evaluation of franchise material..

JFC..

Can we bring back Josh freeman instead?

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1400
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode