Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2024 Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 8:36:00 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Another name for ‘the guy we wanted all along’. Leftovers.

The draft is all about leftovers. Always has been. Once the first team picks everybody else is picking leftovers.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1401
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/22/2024 8:39:46 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Very, very, very extensive breakdown:

2024 NFL Draft: Pro execs, scouts, coaches rank and evaluate the top 20 prospects in this QB class
Tom Pelissero

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-pro-execs-scouts-coaches-rank-and-evaluate-the-top-20-prospects-in-this-qb-class

Pretty cool. I saw one IMO glaring error of Jordan Travis being a 7th rounder at best and possibly UDFA.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1402
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 4:43:12 AM   
Todd M

We’ll talk in 5 years if it would have been worth it to ship 3 1sts and 3 3rds for Richardson. I’m guessing it won’t.

We’ve never been far removed from that potential. And might just see it. I’ve been down for it all. Excite me. Make a big big move. Funny now I keep coming back to the idea of holding back bc the 5th and 6th guy isn’t so off the 4th. And I think the 1st 3 teams stick and pick.
Post #: 1403
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 8:41:39 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Let’s ask Mike Dinka, if an entire draft was worth Ricky Williams…

Or maybe we can revisit Herschel Walker?

We are sooo screwed..

KAM is desperate to get a perceived “ QBOTF” that will vault him into the “ elite GM “ category..

He has some serious credibility issues with his past draft and player acquisitions in FA and and who he paid and who he let walk..

If he misses on this draft, he will be done.

If he overpays for the next Kirk Cousins… an almost.. but not quite.. , he will be a toxic Future GM candidate who will be used to satisfy the “ Rooney rule “..

This draft has me thinking… and nothing is good..but on the other hand..

I have been wrong..

I can’t wait to revisit the Herschel Walker paradox..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1404
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 9:41:32 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Let’s ask Mike Dinka, if an entire draft was worth Ricky Williams…

Or maybe we can revisit Herschel Walker?

We are sooo screwed..

KAM is desperate to get a perceived “ QBOTF” that will vault him into the “ elite GM “ category..

He has some serious credibility issues with his past draft and player acquisitions in FA and and who he paid and who he let walk..

If he misses on this draft, he will be done.

If he overpays for the next Kirk Cousins… an almost.. but not quite.. , he will be a toxic Future GM candidate who will be used to satisfy the “ Rooney rule “..

This draft has me thinking… and nothing is good..but on the other hand..

I have been wrong..

I can’t wait to revisit the Herschel Walker paradox..

What do those 2 trades have in common?
Post #: 1405
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 9:57:21 AM   
Brad H

One prediction:

Whomever the Vikings draft will be in the Hall of Fame in this forum within 24 hours.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1406
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 10:26:58 AM   
marty

Some friends asked me at the time what I thought of the trade for Walker, and I said I would have felt better about it if it were for a QB.

Had they made that trade for Elway, Marino, Kelly, Montana, Young, even Aikman, they may have gotten a ring.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1407
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 10:51:28 AM   
Dave Odle

Who here thinks it would be a good idea to stand pat at #11 and take McCarthy or Penix? I'll admit, I'm torn. I don't think McCarthy will be there, but Penix probably will; and I think Penix will be gone by #23. We're in a strange spot, but I'm just not a big fan of trading up. I suppose if McCarthy is gone by #11, we could do a modest trade down to the early or late teens and still get Penix. Plus, Nix is a wild card in this whole situation. I'm not really sold on him, though. Maybe in the 2nd, but we don't have a 2nd rounder.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 1408
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 11:23:50 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

Who here thinks it would be a good idea to stand pat at #11 and take McCarthy or Penix? I'll admit, I'm torn. I don't think McCarthy will be there, but Penix probably will; and I think Penix will be gone by #23. We're in a strange spot, but I'm just not a big fan of trading up. I suppose if McCarthy is gone by #11, we could do a modest trade down to the early or late teens and still get Penix. Plus, Nix is a wild card in this whole situation. I'm not really sold on him, though. Maybe in the 2nd, but we don't have a 2nd rounder.

I don't think any of the six QBs will be there much after us at 11. Both the Broncos and Raiders REALLY need a QB as well, so I wouldn't pass on Penix if he's there and all the others have been taken by that point.

I am so ready for the draft to be here and done.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1409
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 11:35:33 AM   
Dave Odle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

I don't think any of the six QBs will be there much after us at 11. Both the Broncos and Raiders REALLY need a QB as well, so I wouldn't pass on Penix if he's there and all the others have been taken by that point.

Hey Scott,

What is your opinion on Nix?

Post #: 1410
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 12:29:24 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

I would honestly rather take Rattler at 108 than spend a first on Penix or Nix.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1411
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 1:05:09 PM  1 votes
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

The most commonly projected spot for Nix is Denver at 12 and for Penix is the Raiders at 13.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1412
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 1:06:24 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Your comment is going to age very, very badly. Also good chance Rattler isn't available at 108.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1413
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 1:25:05 PM   
Dave Odle

Personally, I'd like to see us stand pat at 11 and take a QB without trades. I feel we could get an elite playmaker at 23 or trade down and get some draft capital back and maybe then some; especially if a player some team covets keeps dropping.

Post #: 1414
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 1:43:01 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

If I was rating ceilings, I'd go Penix, Rattler, Nix.
If I was rating floors, I'd go Nix, Penix, Rattler.

I think Nix is as close to a sure thing of being an average starting QB. High floor. Low ceiling.
Post #: 1415
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 1:45:04 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Your comment is going to age very, very badly. Also good chance Rattler isn't available at 108.

I have no worries about how my comment will age. I said before, Nix and Penix are fool's gold and I stand by that as well.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1416
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 1:58:02 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have no worries about how my comment will age. I said before, Nix and Penix are fool's gold and I stand by that as well.

LOL. It won't go well for you if your wild haphazard casually off-handed remark is not right.
Post #: 1417
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 2:21:36 PM   
Tom Sykes

For my money -

Williams, Daniels look like franchise type players.

Maye, McCarthy (barely) look like they could develop into serviceable starters if they are given time in the right system.

Penix Nix Rattler are in the Mond Pickett Ridder Willis Corral Fields Jones class of 'you'll be lucky if they finish their rookie contract on your roster.'

The bad news is, Kwesi is under fire. I don't care how jacked you are about the offseason, the improving cap situation, etc. ... no GM will make it to his 4th year looking like he is over his head during the draft. Its unsustainable.

The good news is, any one of the top 7 prospects will automatically be the second best QB on the roster, upgrading both Mullens Hall. So even if our QB search continues next year we may not be completely pathetic.

All that being said, I think Darnold is a good rental, you never know. If we draft a QB, especially if its Maye, McCarthy or Rattler (allowing us to keep rd 1 picks), I will start off excited and hope for the best because you never know.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/23/2024 2:23:06 PM >
Post #: 1418
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 2:56:59 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

For my money -

Maye, McCarthy (barely) look like they could develop into serviceable starters if they are given time in the right system.

Penix Nix Rattler are in the Mond Pickett Ridder Willis Corral Fields Jones class of 'you'll be lucky if they finish their rookie contract on your roster.'

I am higher on Maye and McCarthy, but all in all that's a reasonable breakdown. Nix or Penix could wind up having an Andy Dalton type career or a Case Keenum year somewhere along the line.

Post #: 1419
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 4:10:21 PM   
Bill Johanesen

All in all, a crap shoot. So the fewer draft picks thrown against said crap shoot, the better.
Post #: 1420
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 4:11:11 PM   
kevinemmer

No Draft compensation from Dirty Birds....
NFL can't get their collective poop in a group in time, so Boo!

Swap 11 for 8 would have been very nice!
Post #: 1421
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 5:04:55 PM   
David Levine

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
From the NFL: The league’s review into the #Falcons and #Eagles potential tampering is ongoing and will not conclude this week.

If there are draft picks involved, sounds like it'll be next year's.
Post #: 1422
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 5:17:33 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
From the NFL: The league’s review into the #Falcons and #Eagles potential tampering is ongoing and will not conclude this week.

If there are draft picks involved, sounds like it'll be next year's.

Of course. Falcons CEO McKay is chairman of the competition committee.

Freakin' old boys club.
Post #: 1423
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 5:18:51 PM   
Tom Sykes

No worries. We may be drafting QB again next year, once we fill our backup position Thur.
Post #: 1424
RE: 2024 Draft - 4/23/2024 5:27:04 PM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

For my money -

I am higher on Maye and McCarthy, but all in all that's a reasonable breakdown. Nix or Penix could wind up having an Andy Dalton type career or a Case Keenum year somewhere along the line.

I should have left off 'serviceable' which sounds more derogatory than I intended. Starter material.

I do see a jump from the first two to Maye / McCarthy. And then a 'Thanos throwing Gamora down the precipice of Vormir' type drop to Penix and Nix.
Post #: 1425
Page:   <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2024 Draft Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode