Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  103 104 [105] 106 107   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 1:55:32 PM   
thebigo

I wonder if the shot Darnold took to the middle of his chest in the first half, affected his throwing after that? Edit: I see that's already been discussed.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 10/7/2024 2:01:53 PM >
Post #: 2601
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 2:02:14 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

I wonder if the shot Darnold took to the middle of his chest in the first half, affected his throwing after that? Edit: I see that's already been discussed.

That came up a lot in the game thread.
Post #: 2602
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 2:08:46 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

He didn't seem to be in any discomfort during his press conference and a reporter asked if that hit affected his grip on the ball. He said 'no".
Post #: 2603
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 2:16:20 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Yea i sont think darnold isbone tommake excuses, but he was affected
Post #: 2604
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 2:19:27 PM   
David Levine

Vikings have trailed for only 3:23 all season.

And not at all in the last 19 quarters.
Post #: 2605
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 2:23:24 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

He didn't seem to be in any discomfort during his press conference and a reporter asked if that hit affected his grip on the ball. He said 'no".

He was 4/5 and throwing dimes before the hit. After missing a snap, he went 2/12 the rest of the 1st half. And he was missing open guys by yards.

It absolutely affected him.
Post #: 2606
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 3:36:30 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He was 4/5 and throwing dimes before the hit. After missing a snap, he went 2/12 the rest of the 1st half. And he was missing open guys by yards.

So a lot of us thought it was a thing but the team or the media does not?

It had better have been a thing bc that Darnold is going to push our record back towards .500 this next leg after the by.
Post #: 2607
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 3:41:49 PM   
Todd M

I’m just hoping KOC can get the team to fully play up to the level they’re capable of. BC what a great start for a team to find that level afterwards.
Post #: 2608
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 4:00:37 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It had better have been a thing bc that Darnold is going to push our record back towards .500 this next leg after the by.

Why put a target on him when he has 2 weeks to get healthy? Its not like we have to file an injury report any timre soon.
Post #: 2609
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 4:03:00 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

BEO Jets Game Random Notes

1) Run Defense
Who had the Vikes run defense as being "completely fixed" in 2024?
Not me.
I'm stunned at how good the run defense has been without really adding a true NT.

2) Passing Offense
It seemed to me like KOC called a different game against the Jets.
Darnold audibled a ton which I can't remember happening much at all in the earlier games.
I suspect KOC is trying to expand the offense (as you might expect with a new qb)... and it didn't seem to work.
KOC may have found limitations of Darnold... I wouldn't rule out that offense can't still improve but it may just take some growing pains.
Darnold imo, is a great physical qb but doesn't come off as a great football IQ qb.
Will be interesting to see how far he can take it.
Next game should be very telling with extra time to plan.

It isn't always on the the DT/Dline to stop the run....a good DLine clears the way for LB to make plays while also clogging up running lanes....they did add Tillery and a couple others a clear key to the run defense is the speed of Cashman, Jones, G-Hill, Van Ginkel, Greenard, and Pace....the LB corps. Bullard, Tillery, and Phillips main job is to free up the LBs.....if they make plays it is a bonus---especially when in base defense.

I also see it as less of a responsibility of the CB (which differs from the Zimmer defense).

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/7/2024 4:04:42 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2610
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 4:26:37 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why put a target on him when he has 2 weeks to get healthy? Its not like we have to file an injury report any timre soon.

Exactly!

Why give out ANY information that teams can use to their advantage. I liked what Belichick used to do, tag almost everyone with an injury, until the NFL changed reporting procedures. Who cares? Fans? Bettors? Tough shit, the team comes first.
Post #: 2611
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 6:00:53 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doesn't have to affect his grip, but it can still affect his throws. A sore or bruised chest will definitely affect the throw.
Post #: 2612
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 6:20:51 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

He started throwing better towards the end of the game, maybe because the painkiller kicked in. By the time the press conference started, he may have been feeling pretty nice and on a level mellow.

As for his grip on the ball, lol, the Vikings press isn't all that observant. Darnold should have said yeah, great job Einstein... the hit caused immediate carpal tunnel syndrome AND a sudden case of extremely advanced Dupuytren's contracture so I'll be going under the knife.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/7/2024 6:27:17 PM >
Post #: 2613
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 7:21:29 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doesn't have to affect his grip, but it can still affect his throws. A sore or bruised chest will definitely affect the throw.

I know my performance is diminished when I get chucked in the groin

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2614
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 7:48:46 PM   
Karl Juhnke

This was the kind of win I was expecting at the beginning of the season. What wins they got I figured Darnold would be not be spectacular but just do enough to win. Wasn’t expecting player of the month Darnold.

But a win is a win. Jets have a tough defense. Rest up and carry on.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 10/7/2024 9:09:50 PM >
Post #: 2615
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2024 9:49:53 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Hit another parlay betting on the vikes , so bonus..
Post #: 2616
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2024 1:50:43 AM   
marty

At 5-0, we can still dream:

New Orleans, LA - Today we have the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs (19-0) trying to win their third Super Bowl in a row, facing the undefeated Minnesota Vikings (19-0), in what should be quite a thriller.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2617
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2024 9:46:42 AM   
Phil Riewer

Jets fired their coach.

Hackett Interim? Rodgers Interim Off Cord/QB/GM?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2618
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2024 9:57:16 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Jets fired their coach.

Purple Daily had a prediction about a week ago that this would happen and he would be our next DC after Flo gets an offseason HC gig. I would be cool with that. That's so the Jets being the Jets. They have 1 really good/great side to their team and they fire the architect of that. You think it was Saleh that brought in Hackett to be OC?
Post #: 2619
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2024 10:09:47 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Jets fired their coach.

Purple Daily had a prediction about a week ago that this would happen and he would be our next DC after Flo gets an offseason HC gig. I would be cool with that. That's so the Jets being the Jets. They have 1 really good/great side to their team and they fire the architect of that. You think it was Saleh that brought in Hackett to be OC?

It wasn't Saleh throwing errant passes all day in London.

That was his holiness Aaron Rodgers.

That game sealing INT... Rich Eisen and Kurt Warner were trying really hard to blame the receiver on that one when the ball was clearly underthrown. It was a really bad pass and Gilmore took advantage to give the Vikes the W.

Aaron looked like Aaron at a couple points but for the most part looked like an old man playing a young man's game most of the day on Sunday.

If a cow doesn't provide milk, is that a milk dud or and udder failure?
Post #: 2620
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2024 3:20:13 PM   
Terry Stoneberg

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

At 5-0, we can still dream:

New Orleans, LA - Today we have the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs (19-0) trying to win their third Super Bowl in a row, facing the undefeated Minnesota Vikings (19-0), in what should be quite a thriller.

I would LOVE that because it would put the 72 Dolphins in their place. I've always hated their arrogance going into the Superbowl with us in 73. Even today, they still crack a bottle of champagne after that last undefeated team is beaten in a season (although I don't know how many of them are still alive).

I almost never root for the Patriots but I did in 2007 when with Randy Moss they went undefeated in that season (17-0), then won 2 playoff games and entered the superbowl game at 19-0. But then they managed to lose to the Giants in that superbowl.

So the cocky Dolphins toasted each other again even though they were only 17-0 including the playoffs AND superbowl...BUT they were still the only undefeated team for a full season so they celebrated.

I'm guessing they may all be dead now, there weren't that many celebrating back in 2007.

GRRRRRR
Post #: 2621
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2024 3:24:17 PM   
Todd M

Pats perfect season was 16-0.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 10/8/2024 3:25:47 PM >
Post #: 2622
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2024 3:27:50 PM   
Todd M

I think trying to maintain perfection the last leg of the season would be awfully draining.
Post #: 2623
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2024 3:37:27 PM   
Terry Stoneberg

quote:

Pats perfect season was 16-0.

Nice catch. I even looked it up because I couldn't remember and then missed it.
Post #: 2624
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2024 4:20:31 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Jets fired their coach.

Salah makes zero sense here. He runs a 4-3. It has taken 3 years for us to transition to a 3-4.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2625
Page:   <<   < prev  103 104 [105] 106 107   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  103 104 [105] 106 107   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode