Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  105 106 [107] 108 109   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2024 10:22:38 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

We played total soft coverages in the second half.. DB’s were ten yards off and back peddling immediately at the snap.. the middle zone was wide open, because players were staying within a set area, regardless of traffic..van Ginkle got burned by double out then cut in moves, behind him. And Rodger’s used his eyes to bait Lbs to drift to outside lanes and flats, while slots and receivers were cutting back to the middle.

It was prevent defense of donnashello level of stupid.

There was no reason to change the defense we were using in the first half, except that coaching had a ballsack shrinkage situation.
Offense and defense.

Darnold was injured and rattled by the hit to his chest, plus he got clocked a number of times by shitty pas blocking, and sacked..

Chandler is no threat in play action , because he doesn’t run as hard as Jones, and he can’t even catch a pitch right at him, let alone a pass.

Jets didn’t figure out shit, out coaches made very poor choices of coverage, defenses, and play calls .

Not taking points in the red zone on Fourth down is a prime example of stupid.

I think that our defense has just gotten tired in the 2nd half of games lately...o'connell's playcalling has been weak, and he hasn't been able to keep the defense off the field
- and with darnold getting tweaked, it's compounded...our wide receivers looked tired running those slow-developing routes over and over...i blame o'connell more that flores....

the defense gets winded and has to play looser coverage - I don't have access to the numbers, but it seemed that our offense lost the possession battles in the 2nd halves of the last two games - probably most of the games this season....

also, jetlag is a real thing...it takes me a week to normalize when I cross the atlantic - physically and mentally....

People were posting that on the Gameday thread.

After the good start, the plays per offensive drive were 3, 2 (end of half), 3, 5, 4, 4, 3. 9 (FG), 2 (end of game).

Not blaming the O what with Jones and Darnold injured. One played but they were both injured.

I was watching some replays of our offense, and our wr's, too, seemed to be struggling to create space after running long developing routes over and over - they were tired...in the jets game o'connell repeated the failed 3rd/4th down and short double pass series that he had called against the packers a week earlier....

i can appreciate that he wants to challenge defenses with the unexpected, but he has to consider the value of keeping the drive alive with a more traditional play....

i don't think we beat kansas city with either vikings team that played over the last two weeks....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 10/11/2024 10:39:22 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2651
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2024 11:35:22 AM   
Phil Riewer

#Lions Jameson Williams arrested on gun charges, per sources. Details coming soon. 👀

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2652
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2024 11:38:34 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

We played total soft coverages in the second half.. DB’s were ten yards off and back peddling immediately at the snap.. the middle zone was wide open, because players were staying within a set area, regardless of traffic..van Ginkle got burned by double out then cut in moves, behind him. And Rodger’s used his eyes to bait Lbs to drift to outside lanes and flats, while slots and receivers were cutting back to the middle.

It was prevent defense of donnashello level of stupid.

There was no reason to change the defense we were using in the first half, except that coaching had a ballsack shrinkage situation.
Offense and defense.

Darnold was injured and rattled by the hit to his chest, plus he got clocked a number of times by shitty pas blocking, and sacked..

Chandler is no threat in play action , because he doesn’t run as hard as Jones, and he can’t even catch a pitch right at him, let alone a pass.

Jets didn’t figure out shit, out coaches made very poor choices of coverage, defenses, and play calls .

Not taking points in the red zone on Fourth down is a prime example of stupid.

I think that our defense has just gotten tired in the 2nd half of games lately...o'connell's playcalling has been weak, and he hasn't been able to keep the defense off the field
- and with darnold getting tweaked, it's compounded...our wide receivers looked tired running those slow-developing routes over and over...i blame o'connell more that flores....

the defense gets winded and has to play looser coverage - I don't have access to the numbers, but it seemed that our offense lost the possession battles in the 2nd halves of the last two games - probably most of the games this season....

also, jetlag is a real thing...it takes me a week to normalize when I cross the atlantic - physically and mentally....

People were posting that on the Gameday thread.

After the good start, the plays per offensive drive were 3, 2 (end of half), 3, 5, 4, 4, 3. 9 (FG), 2 (end of game).

Not blaming the O what with Jones and Darnold injured. One played but they were both injured.

I was watching some replays of our offense, and our wr's, too, seemed to be struggling to create space after running long developing routes over and over - they were tired...in the jets game o'connell repeated the failed 3rd/4th down and short double pass series that he had called against the packers a week earlier....

i can appreciate that he wants to challenge defenses with the unexpected, but he has to consider the value of keeping the drive alive with a more traditional play....

i don't think we beat kansas city with either vikings team that played over the last two weeks....

Kansas City isn't on our schedule. Oh wait, I see what you did there....

I'm way more concerned about Detroit, mostly because it's our next game. I think it's a good test, for both teams.
Post #: 2653
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2024 11:52:19 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

#Lions Jameson Williams arrested on gun charges, per sources. Details coming soon. 👀

LOL, a day after some long ESPN article repeatedly saying he feels so at home going into the city of Detroit cause he grew up in St. Louis (albeit not the worse section). About how his family and a couple of others are his trusted advisors, him yapping about how rules are rules, yadda, yadda.

Gambling, guns... Ja Morant is on line 1.

Meanwhile, St. Brown is projecting to 1,071 yards. With 17 games, WRs can practically sleepwalk to 1,000 yard seasons. His contract suggests being in the mix for upwards of 1,500 yards.
Post #: 2654
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 8:53:00 AM   
Todd M

Even though we’re severely low on draft stock is there any chance the Vikings make a big move before the trade deadline?

A ? late round pick vs a consensus blue chip DT right now?

A seen a video promoting Jefferey Simmons.

I’d do it.
Post #: 2655
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 10:17:25 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Even though we’re severely low on draft stock is there any chance the Vikings make a big move before the trade deadline?

A ? late round pick vs a consensus blue chip DT right now?

A seen a video promoting Jefferey Simmons.

I’d do it.

Agree. From a pure talent perspective, a consistent blue chip talent just hitting his prime is worth more than a 1st and often you can get them for a 2nd. There is a chance it doesn't work out but IMO that's a low probability... certainly lower than a regular mid-late round 1st. Obviously, they have to determine if the player is a good fit scheme wise, not a locker room cancer, etc.

Personally, the big thing is the cap. Sure we are projected to have 'a lot' of cap but they have to see how it looks in the mid-term. Not keen on forking over picks for a rental who could walk in a couple of months, so would like the player to show up with a new multi-year contract. That adds to the risk.

As far as bang for the buck, I'd like to see a trade for a top CB. We have OTs, we have a QBOTF, we have Edge rushers, we have WRs. CB is maybe the last prime position and our top three CBs will soon be free agents.
Post #: 2656
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 12:39:21 PM   
marty

Dexter Lawrence II ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2657
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 12:57:10 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Shocking news. The least penalized team in the NFL has about 40 penalites called in the first half at Lameblow.
Post #: 2658
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 12:58:22 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Dexter Lawrence II ?

I don't know much about Simmons but I would 100% give up next years #1 for Lawrence or a proven stud CB that isn't past 26-27.
Post #: 2659
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 1:25:11 PM   
Todd M

TG we got off to a fast start in the toughest division.
Post #: 2660
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 6:34:10 PM   
David Levine

Lions, Bears and Packers all absolutely crushed their opponents today.
Post #: 2661
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 7:45:15 PM   
Jeff Jesser

But the Lions D just got a whole lot worse
Post #: 2662
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 8:55:49 PM   
marty

I was hoping the Vikings wouldn't be playing the Lions coming off a loss, but I don't like that the Lions might be out to prove the doubters wrong that they can't win without Hutchinson.

Having Hutchinson out should make things a little easier for the Vikings, but I think the result could be more betting on Minnesota, therefore the possibility that refs favor the Lions early, to guarantee the Vikings don't get a lopsided win.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2663
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 10:12:42 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Oooof. You can rag on KAM all you want but today is a stark kick in the nutz that WR---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> GJ
Post #: 2664
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2024 10:14:08 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Dude missed to very manageable FG's in the 4th and didn't even give NYG a chance at an onside kick.
Post #: 2665
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2024 2:37:52 AM   
ratoppenheimer

sundays game is all about o'connell - if he calls a great game, we win....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 10/14/2024 7:18:20 AM >

Post #: 2666
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2024 4:47:33 AM   
marty

Vikings open as a 2 point favorite, I am guessing with Hutchinson out, the Vikings will be at least a 4 point favorite by the end of the week.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2667
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2024 6:11:09 AM   
ratoppenheimer

kwesi made a big push for this guy last offseason....

Defensive tackle Christian Wilkins, who Las Vegas signed to a four-year, $110 million contract in free agency this past offseason, suffered a Jones fracture in his foot on Sunday against the Denver Broncos, according to NFL Media. Wilkins, age 28, had surgery and will be out for the foreseeable future. The typical timeline to return from a Jones fracture, according to the Cleveland Clinic, is three to four months.

Post #: 2668
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2024 6:50:18 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Is this the year of the failed big QB contract?

Watson
Lawrence
Dak
Rodgers
Hurts?
Daniel Jones (he and whoever extended him are in a separate category of futility)

And a couple of those guys have a better QBR than Mahomes, but he is still the man until proven otherwise.
Post #: 2669
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2024 8:01:07 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

It was all about whether there would be a lot of pressure on Darnold. With Hutchinson out...and the rest of the Lions unable to generate pressure...we may have a significant advantage here.

If a cow doesn't provide milk, is that a milk dud or and udder failure?
Post #: 2670
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2024 8:02:56 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I was hoping the Vikings wouldn't be playing the Lions coming off a loss, but I don't like that the Lions might be out to prove the doubters wrong that they can't win without Hutchinson.

Having Hutchinson out should make things a little easier for the Vikings, but I think the result could be more betting on Minnesota, therefore the possibility that refs favor the Lions early, to guarantee the Vikings don't get a lopsided win.

They have as dynamic an offense, with one of the best Olines in the business. They can win without Hutchinson. But they will struggle to generate pressure as he was their pass rush.

I expect a lot of blitzing.

Post #: 2671
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2024 8:14:11 AM   
marty

So the Lions will score points, their offense is rolling.

The Lions will blitz, and if they make Darnold make a mistake or 2, along with just enough officials bias (they'll either get it early, or the refs will favor the Vikings early, so when they favor the Lions in the 4th quarter, it is viewed as just evening things out), likely leading to Lions victory.

Questions will emerge as to whether or not the Vikings are pretenders, or if the games before the bye were a mirage, and whether or not Sam is reverting back to the old Sam Darnold.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2672
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2024 8:27:47 AM   
Todd M

Such a huge game.

The are we for real game.

I want to believe but falling flat here is so typically Vikings.
Post #: 2673
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2024 8:38:51 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Such a huge game.

The are we for real game.

I want to believe but falling flat here is so typically Vikings.

It hasn't happened yet.

Without Hutchinson the Lions struggle to generate pressure.
Despite a good Oline BFlo's confusion defense stymies and sacks Jared Goff 7 times and makes him make a lot of stupid throws.
Coming out of absolute pounding of Cowboys, Lions are overconfident. Vikings humble after nearly losing previous two games.

I see us winning at home coming off the bye.

It's all going to come down to not turning the ball over.

Post #: 2674
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/14/2024 9:39:02 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

It was all about whether there would be a lot of pressure on Darnold. With Hutchinson out...and the rest of the Lions unable to generate pressure...we may have a significant advantage here.

yes, get darnold in a nice rhythm...medium routes...get nailor some targets - I think he had zero against the jets....

Post #: 2675
Page:   <<   < prev  105 106 [107] 108 109   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  105 106 [107] 108 109   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode