Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Karl Juhnke, thebigo
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  106 107 108 109 [110]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2024 4:46:56 PM   
Todd M

I played with 10 turf toes.
Post #: 2726
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2024 5:04:49 PM   
joejitsu

Turf toe sucks. I lost a big toenail because of turf toe. It takes forever to get it right again.
Post #: 2727
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2024 5:43:26 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Simultaneously.
Post #: 2728
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2024 6:53:32 PM   
David Levine

EAGAN, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings running back Aaron Jones hopes to return to practice Thursday as he recovers from what the team has reclassified from a hip injury to a right hamstring injury.

Jones did not participate in the Vikings' full-pads practice Wednesday. Vikings coach Kevin O'Connell has been noncommittal about Jones' availability for Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions.

"Aaron is going to progress throughout the week and hopefully has a chance to go on Sunday," O'Connell said.

Jones said he first began feeling tightness in his right hip during pregame warmups prior to the Vikings' Week 5 game against the New York Jets in London. It loosened prior to kickoff, but he felt it again after making a leaping grab of a 23-yard pass from backup quarterback Nick Mullens on the Vikings' second possession of the game.

"That play really kind of did it," Jones said. He took two more carries after that play before the team's medical staff decided to pull him from the game.

"They said, 'We don't want you to go out there and hurt yourself any further,'" Jones said.

If Jones can't play against the Lions, backup Ty Chandler will start. The Vikings also reacquired running back Cam Akers from the Houston Texans this week, and Akers should be available against the Lions as well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41835841/vikings-aaron-jones-hamstring-eyes-practice-return-thurs
Post #: 2729
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/16/2024 10:11:20 PM   
thebigo

quote:

You still had two good ones, right?
Post #: 2730
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2024 1:43:26 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

Turf toe sucks. I lost a big toenail because of turf toe. It takes forever to get it right again.

...and it seems like one would be very susceptible to reinjury if not completely healed.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 2731
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2024 7:38:18 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

You still had two good ones, right?

Post #: 2732
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2024 8:27:25 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

EAGAN, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings running back Aaron Jones hopes to return to practice Thursday as he recovers from what the team has reclassified from a hip injury to a right hamstring injury.

Jones did not participate in the Vikings' full-pads practice Wednesday. Vikings coach Kevin O'Connell has been noncommittal about Jones' availability for Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions.

"Aaron is going to progress throughout the week and hopefully has a chance to go on Sunday," O'Connell said.

Jones said he first began feeling tightness in his right hip during pregame warmups prior to the Vikings' Week 5 game against the New York Jets in London. It loosened prior to kickoff, but he felt it again after making a leaping grab of a 23-yard pass from backup quarterback Nick Mullens on the Vikings' second possession of the game.

"That play really kind of did it," Jones said. He took two more carries after that play before the team's medical staff decided to pull him from the game.

"They said, 'We don't want you to go out there and hurt yourself any further,'" Jones said.

If Jones can't play against the Lions, backup Ty Chandler will start. The Vikings also reacquired running back Cam Akers from the Houston Texans this week, and Akers should be available against the Lions as well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41835841/vikings-aaron-jones-hamstring-eyes-practice-return-thurs

Reasons Jones will be out an additional week or two:

- KOCs comment was non-committal, but he's not good at lying.
- With this regime, much of the time players are out a lot longer than the initial prognosis.
- They need to be careful with the injury.
- Akers trade (practically a give away).

As an aside, Akers isn't quite like Fernando Smith who Denny brought back twice, but he's getting there.
Post #: 2733
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2024 11:29:55 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Glad to have Akers back. But this means…Jones is out for a long time, right?

Probably not.

More like a lack of faith in Chandler and knowing Jones is prone to missing time.

It’s the Vikings. I always assume the worst.

I think he is a big improvement over Gaskin and with Chandler and Jones; depth is needed.

According to Doogie the Vikes also had dialog with the Bears on Kyrie Herbert.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2734
Page:   <<   < prev  106 107 108 109 [110]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  106 107 108 109 [110]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode