Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Richard Neussendorfer
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 9:02:32 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Getting cleated is no joke..

Depends on the style and type, but still .. snap a finger.. easily..

Bone bruise an arm or leg.. yep..

Deep tissue bruise.. these guys almost all weight in excess of 220 lbs..

I’ve been cleated, kneed, punched and jabbed in various tender places, in the pile..

Jobs are on the table.

Stuff “happens”..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 8/5/2024 9:05:33 AM >
Post #: 1251
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 9:49:23 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I’ve been cleated, kneed, punched and jabbed in various tender places, in the pile..

Stuff “happens”..

Only guy I threw out of a game hit someone in a pile.

Oh, and a hs baseball coach. dick

- personally speaking, trying to inflict pain on someone in a pile is for cowards.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 8/5/2024 9:51:01 AM >
Post #: 1252
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 10:29:33 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

It's hard to believe our first preseason game is in one week already. I'm having a real hard time getting excited about the Vikings or the NFL in general. I hope once they start they give me something to get excited about.

I am excited for what our pash rush may be....hope this will be a return to the Millard Doleman Noga days...

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1253
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 10:35:05 AM   
Phil Riewer

Kirk was so slow of getting in and out of the huddle....that is the QBs job. The main thing I didn't like about him. Seemed intentional almost so teams didn't have time to adjust.

Post #: 1254
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 10:52:53 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Kirk was so slow of getting in and out of the huddle....that is the QBs job. The main thing I didn't like about him. Seemed intentional almost so teams didn't have time to adjust.

The image I have is of him is frustrated that the call isn't getting in earlier - not of him slow getting in and out of the huddle. But memory is a funny thing
Post #: 1255
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 11:15:30 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

The image I have is of him is frustrated that the call isn't getting in earlier - not of him slow getting in and out of the huddle. But memory is a funny thing

Kirk was always so slow in and out of the huddle in the first half of games. So when they didn't get the call in right away he would over react as they have been hounding him probably all game to get to the line sooner.

Post #: 1256
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 11:56:46 AM   
Bill Johanesen

There were plenty of instances where Badbury would just sit there and not hike the ball. Guess he thought the play was a hard count.
Post #: 1257
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 11:59:28 AM   
Todd M

Things improved when they started using a wristband. We didn’t get to see too much before Cousins went down.

With that improvement it was pretty clear War and Peace play calls were the problem.
Post #: 1258
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 12:07:14 PM   
Jeff Jesser

The thing that always baffled me about KFC is how he covered his ear holes every down as the call came in. It's 1st and 10, on your 40, with 5:45 to go in the first quarter and a 0-0 game at home. It aint that noisy dude...........
Post #: 1259
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 12:49:34 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Things improved when they started using a wristband. We didn’t get to see too much before Cousins went down.

With that improvement it was pretty clear War and Peace play calls were the problem.

Like I asked earlier who does it different? I don't know so I looked for the answer and this popped up right away:

2:28

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=nfl+play+call+difficulty&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:d2489091,vid:bHLrXMPBQ9s,st:0

- one thing seems clear it's broken down into parts: formation, protection, route concept, snap count
- understanding that makes it easier to see that it's not as hard as we're making it out to be (for the most part) and there's more to it than the number of words
- imo
Post #: 1260
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 2:28:07 PM   
Todd M

Just started my DAZN subscription so I don’t miss any games this year.

So excited. No matter how they do it’s all gravy to me.

Can’t wait to see JJ firing the ball all over the place.
Post #: 1261
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 4:56:45 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Minnesota Vikings receiver Let's Get Paid has been assigned an Oct. 7 arraignment and plea hearing in Los Angeles County Superior Court stemming from his citation last month for suspicion of driving under the influence, according to court records.

Addison could face an NFL suspension once the legal proceedings are complete. Regarding violations of the law involving alcohol, the league's policy and program on substances of abuse reads: "Absent aggravating circumstances, discipline for a first offense will be a suspension without pay of three regular or postseason games."
Post #: 1262
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 5:54:40 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

Just started my DAZN subscription so I don’t miss any games this year.

So excited. No matter how they do it’s all gravy to me.

Can’t wait to see JJ firing the ball all over the place.

Ive never heard of DAZN.

Ive got the uzzu. I can get all the NFL and MLB I want. Good stuff if you can stand the 30+ delay.
Post #: 1263
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 5:59:54 PM   
Todd M

I’ve used It a few years. $25/month cancel anytime.

It’s only shitty when we’re on darn near every week. I don’t think that’ll be a problem this year.
Post #: 1264
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/5/2024 10:19:33 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

McCarthy is going to be great. I’m convinced. He has all the right stuff. It’s just a matter of when. Week 1. Week 5. Week 63.

What concerns me is Kwesi’s ability to build around him for the future. His first draft crashed and burned. His second draft produced a decent player who still has to prove his knucklehead behavior won’t torpedo his career.

His third draft produced what we hope are two solid franchise building blocks but A) we don’t know how it will pan out yet and B) it put a lot of eggs in one basket and cost a lot of draft capital.

He still has a lot to prove.

I’ll be surprised if McCarthy is not at least decent. I wont be surprised if he’s good. The tools, the winning pedigree … the preparation screams football animal. He seems bright enough.

It will all come down to how he performs under pressure and in critical moments. Otherwise you’re just another Cousins.

Both GM and HC have alot to prove for sure. Mixed results so far. The training wheels flew off this offseason, they have a two year window to get somewhere quickly or get out.

As critical as I am of both, I’m pulling hard for both to get there.

Totally agree w/ this take. It's a new era. Cousins had a ceiling that was stat-happy, but unreliable in crunch time. Here's to hoping this kid can ball out when it counts! Lord knows he has an obscene amount of wealth on offense. Solid line for the most part, Aaron Jones adds solid consistency in the run game, and then Jefferson, Addison and Hockenson.

D is a different story. Honestly, despite all of the terrible luck w/ our secondary (sudden tragic death, injury), we didn't seem to have a shutdown CB either way. I think the blitzing will have to cover some deficiencies until we get a true stud CB. Makes me wonder if we couldn't swing a trade for Marshon Lattimore this late. Only problem is that we'd be dealing from a position of weakness.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 1265
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/6/2024 8:55:42 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

McCarthy is going to be great. I’m convinced. He has all the right stuff. It’s just a matter of when. Week 1. Week 5. Week 63.

What concerns me is Kwesi’s ability to build around him for the future. His first draft crashed and burned. His second draft produced a decent player who still has to prove his knucklehead behavior won’t torpedo his career.

His third draft produced what we hope are two solid franchise building blocks but A) we don’t know how it will pan out yet and B) it put a lot of eggs in one basket and cost a lot of draft capital.

He still has a lot to prove.

I’ll be surprised if McCarthy is not at least decent. I wont be surprised if he’s good. The tools, the winning pedigree … the preparation screams football animal. He seems bright enough.

It will all come down to how he performs under pressure and in critical moments. Otherwise you’re just another Cousins.

Both GM and HC have alot to prove for sure. Mixed results so far. The training wheels flew off this offseason, they have a two year window to get somewhere quickly or get out.

As critical as I am of both, I’m pulling hard for both to get there.

Totally agree w/ this take. It's a new era. Cousins had a ceiling that was stat-happy, but unreliable in crunch time. Here's to hoping this kid can ball out when it counts! Lord knows he has an obscene amount of wealth on offense. Solid line for the most part, Aaron Jones adds solid consistency in the run game, and then Jefferson, Addison and Hockenson.

D is a different story. Honestly, despite all of the terrible luck w/ our secondary (sudden tragic death, injury), we didn't seem to have a shutdown CB either way. I think the blitzing will have to cover some deficiencies until we get a true stud CB. Makes me wonder if we couldn't swing a trade for Marshon Lattimore this late. Only problem is that we'd be dealing from a position of weakness.

I think our biggest weakness was the middle of the field. If you look at all the OLB/LB we signed---they all defend the pass well. Does it help the CB situation?

Post #: 1266
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/9/2024 8:47:23 AM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

Tomorrow, I want to see both potential starters @QB, play more than one series..

I want the “opening day starters” to play at least one full quarter or get a touchdown in the red zone.

I want to see every WR and every RB we have on the roster either get one targeted throw in a standard set, or a RB, get a “must make” carry in an actual run called play..

I want every DB and safety combination we have, to play as if one of the starters at their position has to sit out for a few plays, and they step up and play like they have a clue about responsibility and coverage.

I don’t want to see Vanilla Defense.

“ we can’t tip our hand on scheme and personnel “ is a ****ing losers excuse.

Get these players in game ready condition, ASAP.

Quit coddling them.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 8/9/2024 9:17:50 AM >
Post #: 1267
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/9/2024 10:46:53 AM   
Todd M

JJ’s not gonna play.

Deciding on Darnold.
Post #: 1268
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/9/2024 11:06:50 AM   
Todd M

Olympic breakdancing? What a joke.
Post #: 1269
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/9/2024 11:29:57 AM   
David Levine

quote:

JJ’s not gonna play.

Deciding on Darnold.

Jefferson.

Head coach Kevin O’Connell announced his plans for splitting up the playing time on Thursday.

“Sam Darnold will start the game, and then we will transition to J.J. McCarthy, for what I'm very excited to see, a significant amount of work.”

In the last two seasons O’Connell hasn’t played his starting quarterback in the preseason but this time around is very different. The free agent signee Darnold is starting to get on the same page with the first team offense stringing strong practices together over the last two weeks while McCarthy is learning the ropes as an NFL quarterback.

“Now, we're reaching the point where we get to see a good barometer on where we're at,” O’Connell said.

O’Connell did not say exactly what “significant” means in terms of how many series Darnold will play or when McCarthy will give way to second-year QB Jaren Hall. Nick Mullens is not expected to play.

On what he feels that he can learn about McCarthy’s progress, O’Connell said: “Nothing can quite simulate real play clocks, real repercussions for things like maybe you don't do your job and it affects others or vice versa. I think it's just a really good way of seeing exactly where you're at.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/vikings-training-camp/matthew-coller-vikings-who-will-be-in-the-spotlight-during-preseason-opener-01j4vkyen82s
Post #: 1270
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/9/2024 11:32:40 AM   
Todd M

Got to start calling him Jets.
Post #: 1271
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/9/2024 1:14:07 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

JJ’s not gonna play.

Deciding on Darnold.

Is this some new breaking info? It has already been announced that Darnold will play. McCarthy will play. Jefferson won't.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1272
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/9/2024 1:41:16 PM   
Todd M

I should have said deciding how much.
Post #: 1273
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/9/2024 2:18:07 PM   
Tom Sykes

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
2m

Trade! The #Cowboys are sending CB Nahshon Wright to the #Vikings for CB Andrew Booth, sources tell me, @MikeGarafolo and @RapSheet pending physicals.
Post #: 1274
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/9/2024 2:24:36 PM   
Tom Sykes

Can't believe I'm 'excited' by a special teamer ... at least he's gotten in a few games.

INT against Dobbs (with TEN in 2022)
https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/nahshon-wright-climbs-the-ladder-for-int-on-dobbs

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 8/9/2024 2:26:12 PM >
Post #: 1275
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode