Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 11:33:40 AM   
Todd M

Like Bill said, we don’t get awarded Atlanta’s forfeited pick.
Post #: 126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 11:39:55 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Don't care...they need to be penalized.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 11:43:52 AM   
Bill Johanesen

2. Painfully forcing ATL to give up a pick

3. Which helps us move up in the draft for an actual franchise QB.

That would definitely be the case if Atl still needed a QB. They don't so now any team in the top 10 looking to trade down is probably going to be very interested in the outcome.

And if there is one less team in the mix to trade down, those other teams will have gained leverage. So maybe it will cost more to move up? Which would mean we do NOT want Atl to be penalized, at least not with their first round pick.

Given that is was 'just' the trainer and it's a #8 pick, I don't think the NFL hits them with that pick. But who knows.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/14/2024 11:50:55 AM >
Post #: 128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 11:53:16 AM   
David Levine

They'll likely lose a 3rd.

Slight chance at a 2nd.

No way on the 1st.
Post #: 129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 12:33:43 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Arodg is a Jet

How about let’s get a screen game and better short passing game. Jones is very good at both.

I'm not a fan of spending money on a position so easy to fill, but Jones is an asset to the passing game. Pass protection, chip and release, decent hands.....all the things that can help a mediocre QB.

Darnold is coveted only because he was the #3 overall pick. GM's and coaches love that shit.

I think there is a real chance the masterminds think we solved our QB problem, and will not be at all interested in trading up for a potential QB for the future.

We don't need to trade up. QBs available at 11 will be just as good as the ones available at 3.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 12:36:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Doubtful the Vikings win it all last year if Cousins stayed healthy, the defense showed too many holes against experienced QBs.

Cousins was 4-4 when he got hurt. Dobbs was 2-2 (pretty much without Jefferson). Hall was 1-1. Mullens 0-3. Two absolute unknowns that will be out of the league in two years were his equal.

Cousins, Dobbs and Hall had no record. The Vikings did. If you think Hall and Dobbs played as well as Cousins you're certifiably insane.

Dobbs played really well for the first two games with zero time in the building. He was poor the last two games when defensive coordinators adjusted and Justin Jefferson was out of the lineup.

Cousins was 4-4 with a healthy lineup.

Certifiably insane.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 12:40:15 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Is that true?

Even though we were also negotiating with the player? Even if that negotiation was a pretense ...
Post #: 132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 12:43:56 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Is that true?

Even though we were also negotiating with the player? Even if that negotiation was a pretense ...

Yes.

Precedence is the team forfeiting a pick. Not the transfer of it.
Post #: 133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 12:48:09 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

That would definitely be the case if Atl still needed a QB. They don't so now any team in the top 10 looking to trade down is probably going to be very interested in the outcome.

And if there is one less team in the mix to trade down, those other teams will have gained leverage. So maybe it will cost more to move up? Which would mean we do NOT want Atl to be penalized, at least not with their first round pick.

Given that is was 'just' the trainer and it's a #8 pick, I don't think the NFL hits them with that pick. But who knows.

By move up, I thought we would receive compensation but apparently not.

I'll have to take satisfaction for the blunder in itself and the bumpy start.
Post #: 134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 12:52:03 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

How about let’s get a screen game and better short passing game. Jones is very good at both.

I'm not a fan of spending money on a position so easy to fill, but Jones is an asset to the passing game. Pass protection, chip and release, decent hands.....all the things that can help a mediocre QB.

Darnold is coveted only because he was the #3 overall pick. GM's and coaches love that shit.

I think there is a real chance the masterminds think we solved our QB problem, and will not be at all interested in trading up for a potential QB for the future.

We don't need to trade up. QBs available at 11 will be just as good as the ones available at 3.

Right. Lets just stand pat and take whoever. No need to be choosy ...

I'm sure all the other QB needy teams will wait for their turn as well.
Post #: 135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 12:53:13 PM   
Tom Sykes

If nothing else, the tampering drama will fill up some time before the draft.
Post #: 136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 12:53:17 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

It's still pretty cool that Cousins may have screwed the new pooch.
Post #: 137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 1:05:27 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I think it’s perfect karma for Jesus boy to be the one who outs himself for not following the “ commandments”…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 1:15:37 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's still pretty cool that Cousins may have screwed the new pooch.

Delicioso!
Post #: 139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 1:43:36 PM   
David Levine

A good read:

The Vikings giving Darnold 10 million intrigued me, so I watched his W18 start from this last year. This is what I saw. (A thread):

https://twitter.com/EMS_QB/status/1768104326554099802
Post #: 140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 1:56:08 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

A good read:

The Vikings giving Darnold 10 million intrigued me, so I watched his W18 start from this last year. This is what I saw. (A thread):

Just from highlights.
I like the signing..

His turnovers.. we will see if his play is Better, with a better corps of targets..

I expect some growing pains as he learns his mesh and timing with better receivers, and a new offense,

but his ability to extend plays is just what was lacking with checkdown Charlie..

Darnold, Hall, and a good draft pick is not a horrible way to start the season..

Unless they think they can find a better option to Hall..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 2:18:51 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

A good read:

Just from highlights.
I like the signing..
His turnovers.. we will see if his play is Better, with a better corps of targets..
I expect some growing pains as he learns his mesh and timing with better receivers, and a new offense,
but his ability to extend plays is just what was lacking with checkdown Charlie..
Darnold, Hall, and a good draft pick is not a horrible way to start the season..

Dan didn't it look like KOC was done with Hall already his last start. Wouldn't surprise me if he drafted 2.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 3:24:48 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

We have too many needs.

If KOC wants to bring in some UDFA QB for comparison with Hall, after the draft.. I’m all for it..

We have one shot at a QBOTF in this draft…

IOL and CB or safety and more defensive line help should be top targets AFTER a possible QBOTF…

Hall is primarily a backup/ project guy who needs obvious coaching and getting used to NFL level defense.

He might start as #2 this season, but If the QB we draft can show some skill at NFL level, then Hall become the game day inactive emergency, unless we find better, AFTER the draft.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 3/14/2024 3:26:44 PM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 5:07:07 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

A good read:

Just from highlights.
I like the signing..

I'm not convinced they go with that. They gave more leash to Mullens late last year. Neither did well, but IMO Mullens is more of a proven failure. But they seem to like him as the best of the rest. 60-40 they go Darnold, a rookie, and Mullens.

The cap savings delta between Mullens and Hall is about a million.
Post #: 144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 5:16:36 PM   
David Levine

Ben Goessling@BenGoessling
The Vikings are signing former bills receiver Trent Sherfield to a one year, $1.79 million deal, per a source with knowledge of the situation. He gets a $400 K signing bonus as part of the deal.
Post #: 145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 5:19:16 PM   
David Levine

6'1, 205.

6 years, 95 games. 10 starts. 78/930/5
Post #: 146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 5:20:58 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

After Williams and Daniel's are gone they're all about equal. Certainly nobody worth giving up next years top 5 pick to move up for.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 5:26:10 PM   
David Levine

Carolina Panthers beat writer Sheena Quick is reporting that Wonnum has inked a two-year deal with the Panthers that is worth up to $12.5 million.
Post #: 148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 6:12:12 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

After Williams and Daniel's are gone they're all about equal. Certainly nobody worth giving up next years top 5 pick to move up for.

You have no clue how we value the prospects or where we'll be picking next year.

I know nothing but at least I understand that.

You know nothing.
Post #: 149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 6:37:58 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

You have no clue how we value the prospects or where we'll be picking next year.

I know nothing but at least I understand that.

You know nothing.

Anyone who values a pool of prospects as the same didn't do their homework. Especially if its a pool of QBs.
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode