Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: marty
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 7:29:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Arodg is a Jet

How about let’s get a screen game and better short passing game. Jones is very good at both.

I'm not a fan of spending money on a position so easy to fill, but Jones is an asset to the passing game. Pass protection, chip and release, decent hands.....all the things that can help a mediocre QB.

Darnold is coveted only because he was the #3 overall pick. GM's and coaches love that shit.

I think there is a real chance the masterminds think we solved our QB problem, and will not be at all interested in trading up for a potential QB for the future.

We don't need to trade up. QBs available at 11 will be just as good as the ones available at 3.

Right. Lets just stand pat and take whoever. No need to be choosy ...

I'm sure all the other QB needy teams will wait for their turn as well.

After Williams and Daniel's are gone they're all about equal. Certainly nobody worth giving up next years top 5 pick to move up for.

You have no clue how we value the prospects or where we'll be picking next year.

I know nothing but at least I understand that.

You know nothing.

Same. Would love to know say the ten top criteria (accuracy, pocket presence, etc) they use to rate a QB, not to mention knowing what they think of each of the top six QBs.
Post #: 151
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 7:41:56 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

How about let’s get a screen game and better short passing game. Jones is very good at both.

I'm not a fan of spending money on a position so easy to fill, but Jones is an asset to the passing game. Pass protection, chip and release, decent hands.....all the things that can help a mediocre QB.

Darnold is coveted only because he was the #3 overall pick. GM's and coaches love that shit.

I think there is a real chance the masterminds think we solved our QB problem, and will not be at all interested in trading up for a potential QB for the future.

We don't need to trade up. QBs available at 11 will be just as good as the ones available at 3.

After Williams and Daniel's are gone they're all about equal. Certainly nobody worth giving up next years top 5 pick to move up for.

You have no clue how we value the prospects or where we'll be picking next year.

You know nothing.

Same. Would love to know say the ten top criteria (accuracy, pocket presence, etc) they use to rate a QB, not to mention knowing what they think of each of the top six QBs.

gzuz for all we know they only value two guys and the whole draft thread is moot … we’re going defense.

The one thing I miss about Tice is the accidental insight … a crumb once in awhile. Since then … nothing.
Post #: 152
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/14/2024 8:45:52 PM   
Murph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

So you're saying that you're either the greatest scout of all time or psychic?!?

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 153
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 6:28:42 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

You know nothing.

Anyone who values a pool of prospects as the same didn't do their homework. Especially if its a pool of QBs.

agreed, pay the costs of moving up to get your man...i'd give up four 1st round picks for him....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 154
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 7:15:36 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

So you're saying that you're either the greatest scout of all time or psychic?!?

Yep

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 155
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 7:19:13 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

You know nothing.

Anyone who values a pool of prospects as the same didn't do their homework. Especially if its a pool of QBs.

agreed, pay the costs of moving up to get your man...i'd give up four 1st round picks for him....

Who's the him you'd trade 4 FRPs for? Next years frp is likely top 5. It's idiocy to do whatever it takes to get your man.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 3/15/2024 7:21:32 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 156
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 7:41:43 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

You know nothing.

I wouldn't. I would move up to 6 or 5 using a 1st and a 2nd/third next year to get JJ.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 157
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 7:48:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

The weirdest thing that has played out this week (IMO) is that no one wants Fields or Lance. Howell to Seattle before both?

Post #: 158
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 7:52:39 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

You know nothing.

I wouldn't. I would move up to 6 or 5 using a 1st and a 2nd/third next year to get JJ.

JJ McCarthy was considered a late first, early second round draft pick after the college football season. Suddenly he has risen to a top-10 consensus pick based upon what? His combine performance?

I like the early projections, which were based on his play on the field. I wouldn't draft that guy any higher than 25-30, at-best. And from what I saw in the opening quarter of the semifinals, I wouldn't draft him at all.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 3/15/2024 8:02:44 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 159
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 8:12:19 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

You know nothing.

JJ McCarthy was considered a late first, early second round draft pick after the college football season. Suddenly he has risen to a top-10 consensus pick based upon what? His combine performance?

I like the early projections, which were based on his play on the field. I wouldn't draft that guy any higher than 25-30, at-best. And from what I saw in the opening quarter of the semifinals, I wouldn't draft him at all.

If I was the GM I would have seen if I could get Fields for a middle round pick and a third next year and hold my spot and grab a QB also at 11. That changed once they signed Darnold.

Post #: 160
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 8:34:16 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arodg is a Jet

You know nothing.

Who's the him you'd trade 4 FRPs for? Next years frp is likely top 5. It's idiocy to do whatever it takes to get your man.

i mean o'connell's guy, if he has one that he thinks is a slam dunk...i don't want to sit back and take what's there when we draft or trade up a little to get a guy we still don't have great faith in....

of course, there are no guarantees, but if o'connell has a player - get him....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 161
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 8:45:23 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

KOC and KAM, will be looking to make a PR splash in the drat.

I just don’t think it’s worth or wise to give up future draft pick/s, which might be top ten, or not.. to make that splash, given the as yet, unsettled cap issue.

I want a true QBOTF, like anyone.

Neither KAM, nor KOC have shown any ability to address the position, at all.

Darnold is a clear bridge.

I hope he does well, but we won’t know until the games are played.

If there is a run on QB, which is highly likely, I don’t see the point of mortgaging the future, when our ability to identify and develop such a key player position is SUS, at best.

Maybe this is the draft that we hit one, but past performances in the draft leave me highly skeptical of this management team to pull that off.

I hope they prove me wrong.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 162
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 9:19:36 AM   
Murph

We're moving on up.

We just picked up another first rounder #23 from Houston

https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-texans-trade-first-round-pick-2024-nfl-draft

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 163
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 9:26:00 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

We're moving on up.

We just picked up another first rounder #23 from Houston

https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-texans-trade-first-round-pick-2024-nfl-draft

Great move!
Post #: 164
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 9:27:41 AM   
Todd M

To those too worried about value.

If QB goes 123 and 2 more have a 1st round grade and you want them…you do whatever you have to. You don’t play arbitrary value games.
Post #: 165
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 9:30:49 AM   
Todd M

Exciting times!
Post #: 166
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 9:38:44 AM   
Tom Sykes

Essentially, two second rounders for #23.

In March. Which is key.

Seems like we are pre-draft positioning for ‘one of the top QBs’ instead of positioning in the draft for a specific player.

Which makes us QB floosies. I don’t mind at all.
Post #: 167
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 9:45:53 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

In March. Which is key.

Seems like we are pre-draft positioning for ‘one of the top QBs’ instead of positioning in the draft for a specific player.

... to move up 19 spots
Post #: 168
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 9:49:34 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I’m ok with this..

The second round in 2025, might be recoverable…

It could be a higher round, or middle round..

The key is having the ability to get a QBOTF..

Next issue is finding a trading partner.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 169
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 9:50:17 AM   
Ricky J

O'Connell: In the end, as much as I would have maybe liked to have Kirk here, the right thing moving forward for our team is where we are today."

https://www.startribune.com/feelings-aside-moving-on-from-kirk-cousins-the-right-thing-vikings-coach-kevin-oconnell-says/600351332/
Post #: 170
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 10:02:23 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Now we get to see if KOC can do anything on offense without a robotic drone..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 171
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 10:44:56 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

In March. Which is key.

... to move up 19 spots

Now package 23 and 11 to move up to 5 or so

Actually, I don't think they will trade up now, unless a guy they really like falls out of the top 3. They will be content to wait and make two first round picks.

< Message edited by Trekgeekscott -- 3/15/2024 11:00:21 AM >

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 172
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 11:27:31 AM   
Todd M

Sure. They moved draft stock around, at a cost, in March bc they have their eye on a Guard they want in the bottom half of the 1st.

GYHAS.
Post #: 173
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 12:15:35 PM   
David Levine

NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah recently suggested on the “Move the Sticks” podcast that the Washington Commanders might be the ideal trade partner for the Vikings.

quote:

“If you’re Minnesota…I think that Washington might be your best shot if you want to get up into the top three,” Jeremiah stated. “I don’t think New England is going to get out of there…but I think Washington, they have the 36th and the 40th picks. If you traded to 11 with Minnesota, you could get a haul of picks from the Vikings.”

The Vikings don’t have a pick in the second or third round this year to offer, but perhaps the No. 11 and 23 overall picks plus their 2025 first-rounder entices the Commanders enough to move back seven spots and be OK missing out on North Carolina’s Drake Maye and LSU’s Jayden Daniels.

Such a move would also give the Commanders the ammunition to move back up into the top 10 if they wanted to get Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy.

quote:

“I know the Chargers, it’s all been out there that they would love to get out of [pick No.] 5, so if you’re Washington, could you go from 2 to 11 then comeback up to 5,” Jeremiah said. “You’ve still got extra picks [and] you would still get the fourth quarterback. Say if you really like J.J. McCarthy, for example. You’re like, ‘I can get J.J. McCarthy, a future [first-round pick] and a bunch of other stuff.’”

If the Commanders were to trade with Minnesota, they could also simply take the best player available at No. 11 and use the 23rd overall pick on either Washington QB Michael Penix Jr. or Oregon QB Bo Nix.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/is_a_commanders_trade_in_the_works_after_vikings_acquire_a_second_first_round_pick/s1_13132_40113983
Post #: 174
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/15/2024 12:19:02 PM   
marty

Stud defender at #11, Penix or Nix at #23 ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode