Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/25/2024 9:55:38 PM   
TJSweens

I remember the 2017 draft. McMurphy and I were screaming for the Twins to take Hunter Greene #1. Royce Lewis was an easier signing, so he was taken #1. In 2024, Greene has turned into an ace and Lewis is underperforming while challenging Buxton for king of the IL.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 751
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 8:05:48 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I remember the 2017 draft. McMurphy and I were screaming for the Twins to take Hunter Greene #1. Royce Lewis was an easier signing, so he was taken #1. In 2024, Greene has turned into an ace and Lewis is underperforming while challenging Buxton for king of the IL.

He did have a hell of postseason last year----damn injury bug.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 752
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 9:47:10 AM   
twinsfan

Exciting one at Target Field last night! I love how we fought back after the early deficit and added onto the lead reasonably well. Unfortunately, we have put ourselves in a position where we can win the rest of our games and still never catch Detroit or KC. What a bummer.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 753
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 10:20:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Exciting one at Target Field last night! I love how we fought back after the early deficit and added onto the lead reasonably well. Unfortunately, we have put ourselves in a position where we can win the rest of our games and still never catch Detroit or KC. What a bummer.

It isn't a bummer at all....Ownership deserves it even though they overachieved.

Post #: 754
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 10:46:10 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Yeah. It is a bummer.

We were 17 games over .500 not so long ago, within striking distance of the division title, a virtual lock for the playoffs one way or another and now we are on the outside looking in. That's because lack of depth in the starting rotation left us with three rookies in the rotation in a stretch run. The bullpen in shambles as Thielbar's age caught up with him, Topa makes his Twins debut with 5 games to go, and outside Jax and Duran the bullpen has been terrible allowing, by far, the most inherited runners to score. Our lineup suffered too many injuries where all of our big three were out. And a season long problem of stranding runners on base. Trace all that back to the ownership that is intent on cutting even more this offseason.

Counting on your rotation to get through the grind of a 162 game season unscathed with the only depth being Louie Varland and a bunch of rookies with little or NO major league experience was stupid.

They've got a lot of work to do to shore all this up by next season...and with an ownership already talking about cutting payroll more...important contributors like Carlos Santana, and Willie Castro will be gone.

It really is a bummer. This team could have been so much better with just a little, unhindered by cheap as owners, effort.

But when the bottom line is more important than winning....that's what you're going to get.

Be prepared to lose next year. We wont be as bad as the White Sox, but we will finish looking up at KC, Det and Cleveland

If a cow doesn't provide milk, is that a milk dud or and udder failure?
Post #: 755
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 10:56:27 AM   
David Levine

quote:

I was totally on the Greene train too. Had no idea he had become so good. I thought I missed on that one...
Post #: 756
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 11:12:33 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Yeah. It is a bummer.

We were 17 games over .500 not so long ago, within striking distance of the division title, a virtual lock for the playoffs one way or another and now we are on the outside looking in. That's because lack of depth in the starting rotation left us with three rookies in the rotation in a stretch run. The bullpen in shambles as Thielbar's age caught up with him, Topa makes his Twins debut with 5 games to go, and outside Jax and Duran the bullpen has been terrible allowing, by far, the most inherited runners to score. Our lineup suffered too many injuries where all of our big three were out. And a season long problem of stranding runners on base. Trace all that back to the ownership that is intent on cutting even more this offseason.

Counting on your rotation to get through the grind of a 162 game season unscathed with the only depth being Louie Varland and a bunch of rookies with little or NO major league experience was stupid.

They've got a lot of work to do to shore all this up by next season...and with an ownership already talking about cutting payroll more...important contributors like Carlos Santana, and Willie Castro will be gone.

It really is a bummer. This team could have been so much better with just a little, unhindered by cheap as owners, effort.

But when the bottom line is more important than winning....that's what you're going to get.

Be prepared to lose next year. We wont be as bad as the White Sox, but we will finish looking up at KC, Det and Cleveland

Yup, a total bummer. Still holding out some hope to sneak into the playoffs. We could very well finish the season with a 5-game winning streak and it won't be enough.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 757
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 11:17:36 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah. It is a bummer.

Yup, a total bummer. Still holding out some hope to sneak into the playoffs. We could very well finish the season with a 5-game winning streak and it won't be enough.

Even with Baltimore setting it's postseason rotation and resting guys, I don't see us sweeping them.

Post #: 758
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 11:20:53 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah. It is a bummer.

Even with Baltimore setting it's postseason rotation and resting guys, I don't see us sweeping them.

I do.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 759
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 12:39:21 PM   
jimbo

This whole organization choked from top to bottom, when you are 17 games up, and to fall to this level
You only have to look in the mirror. They right now deserve to be right where they are.
Screw the Pohlads terrible owners.
Post #: 760
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 2:19:43 PM   
twinsfan

Royals just took a 6-4 lead in the 9th inning over the Nationals. That should almost do it, unless the White Sox can pull off a miracle against the Tigers this weekend.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 761
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 2:36:47 PM   
twinsfan

Tigers come back to win.

Royals also won.

Shoot!!!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 762
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 3:22:04 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Royals just took a 6-4 lead in the 9th inning over the Nationals. That should almost do it, unless the White Sox can pull off a miracle against the Tigers this weekend.

If we have to depend on the Historically worst team in MLB history to sweep a team on the rise fighting for a playoff spot, we're doomed. It's all over but the math.

Post #: 763
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 4:43:56 PM   
Phil Riewer

I won't be buying any game tickets next year either if this offseason mirrors last.

In fact I may have watched less "Twins" baseball than 2022 when they weren't very good and the Covid shortened year......

Post #: 764
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 6:30:24 PM   
MDK

When will Twins fans finally get it intotheir heads that the primary problem with the organization is the Ebenezer Pohlad family.
SELL THE DAMN TEAM

Donald Trump will protect women. He will be their protector. And if a woman is a chosen one, he'll sexually assault her.
Post #: 765
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 10:39:48 PM   
Ricky J

Unbelievable to me prof baseball players can't bunt a ball ...
Post #: 766
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 10:45:47 PM   
twinsfan

Rocco is going down with Scott Blewett. That is nuts.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 767
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/26/2024 10:47:53 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I won't be buying any game tickets next year either if this offseason mirrors last.

In fact I may have watched less "Twins" baseball than 2022 when they weren't very good and the Covid shortened year......

The Pohlads don't care about you. They care about those that will buy tickets.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 768
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/27/2024 7:46:19 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

They don't care about those people either. They care about profit margin. The Pohlads care about ticket holders the same way Trump cares about working class people who vote for him.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 769
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/27/2024 8:24:54 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

They don't care about those people either. They care about profit margin. The Pohlads care about ticket holders the same way Trump cares about working class people who vote for him.

Post #: 770
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/27/2024 8:53:40 AM   
Karl Juhnke

Rocco says he plans to win out. Hooray!

Some quick math. If you did just straight coin flips of all remaining Twins, Tigers and Royals games, the Twins have about a 2.9% chance of making playoffs.

Then of course you can tweak the coin flips to reflect reality. Like the chances of Twins sweeping Orioles or White Sox sweeping Detroit.

Odd are probably more like 1 in 300 at least.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 9/27/2024 9:08:31 AM >
Post #: 771
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/27/2024 9:22:03 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Twice. in late innings we had bases loaded with less than two outs.

We plated exactly ONE run.

Putting guys in scoring position hasn't been a problem this year. Getting them home has been.

Situational hitting is lost art on this team. Can we PLEASE get a hitting coach that can coach players NOT to try to corkscrew themselves into the ground trying to blast the ball out of the park? Simple doink will ususally score two runs.

This is especially important in extra inning games where they stupidly have a free runner on 2nd base to start the inning.

Small ball, baserunning have been awful especially during the precipitous collapse down the stretch.

It just seems to me that everyone is trying really hard to be the Hero, but think they ONLY way to be the hero is to hit the ball all the way to St Paul.

Post #: 772
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/27/2024 9:26:08 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Now let's talk fantasy miracles etc.

I believe, if everything goes right the Twins could still take the SECOND wild card spot.

However, In order for that to happen, The Twins need to sweep the Orioles and BOTH the Tigers and Royals have to be swept.

Now excuse me while I go smoke some crack.

Post #: 773
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/27/2024 9:36:51 AM   
twinsfan

Reflecting on last night's game. It felt like a playoff game. We were hanging on every pitch. Felt like we were gonna pull it off multiple times. Sure, it was disappointing to lose. But it was the same as a playoff experience. That's what we deserve as fans.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 774
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/27/2024 9:38:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Reflecting on last night's game. It felt like a playoff game. We were hanging on every pitch. Felt like we were gonna pull it off multiple times. Sure, it was disappointing to lose. But it was the same as a playoff experience. That's what we deserve as fans.

Umm. What?

Post #: 775
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode