Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/27/2024 10:24:06 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Reflecting on last night's game. It felt like a playoff game. We were hanging on every pitch. Felt like we were gonna pull it off multiple times. Sure, it was disappointing to lose. But it was the same as a playoff experience. That's what we deserve as fans.

BAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAAAA

The sheople have spoken.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 776
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/27/2024 1:48:06 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Reflecting on last night's game. It felt like a playoff game. We were hanging on every pitch. Felt like we were gonna pull it off multiple times. Sure, it was disappointing to lose. But it was the same as a playoff experience. That's what we deserve as fans.

Umm. What?

Try squinting a little, my friend.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 777
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/27/2024 10:02:25 PM   
MDK

Twins season DONE.
Thank Heavens

Donald Trump will protect women. He will be their protector. And if a woman is a chosen one, he'll sexually assault her.
Post #: 778
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/28/2024 8:13:59 PM   
MDK

Just forfeit tomorrow's game

Donald Trump will protect women. He will be their protector. And if a woman is a chosen one, he'll sexually assault her.
Post #: 779
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/29/2024 10:32:13 PM   
McMurfy

Pohlads, Falvey, Levine, Rocco.

All to blame for our shit show.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 780
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/29/2024 10:47:39 PM   
Karl Juhnke

August 17. The Twins defeat Texas 5-2. Their record is 70-53. They are 2 games out of first place.

They go 12-27 the rest of the way.
Post #: 781
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/30/2024 8:54:27 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Pohlads, Falvey, Levine, Rocco.

All to blame for our shit show.

And none will be leaving.

If a cow doesn't provide milk, is that a milk dud or and udder failure?
Post #: 782
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/30/2024 9:08:28 AM   
Phil Riewer

Gleeman let young Joe kind of have it at their quiet season ending presser (in a hallway).

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 783
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/30/2024 9:50:19 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Gleeman let young Joe kind of have it at their quiet season ending presser (in a hallway).

Thumbnail Image

Why didn't Gleeman just ask him....As owner do you take any responsibility for this epic collapse?

Post #: 784
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/30/2024 10:10:41 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Thumbnail Image

Why didn't Gleeman just ask him....As owner do you take any responsibility for this epic collapse?

I am most focused on his last sentence....looks like he didn't appreciate what his uncle and dad did before the season (make him in charge before the payroll cut).

Post #: 785
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/30/2024 10:29:20 AM   
David Levine

"If we have a winning product, regardless of what our payroll is, I think fans will come out."

Throwing the front office and coaches under the bus.

And they deserve it, but not as much as ownership does.
Post #: 786
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/30/2024 12:59:29 PM   
twinsfan

I encourage all of you to listen to the latest episode of Gleeman and The Geek. Aaron succinctly and effectively explains why the fans doing their little protests and boycotts won't make a bit of difference. The Pohlads' entire Twins investment is the equivalent of like $30 to normal people. So you may as well enjoy the team and be happy we have one here to cheer for. It was a mic drop moment from Gleeman.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/gleeman-and-the-geek/id457946327

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 787
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/30/2024 1:04:49 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

I encourage all of you to listen to the latest episode of Gleeman and The Geek. Aaron succinctly and effectively explains why the fans doing their little protests and boycotts won't make a bit of difference. The Pohlads' entire Twins investment is the equivalent of like $30 to normal people. So you may as well enjoy the team and be happy we have one here to cheer for. It was a mic drop moment from Gleeman.

BAAAÀ BAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAAAA BAAAAA

Once again, the sheople have spoken. Just learn to appreciate an under invested, under performing piece of crap because at least we have a team.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 788
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/30/2024 2:06:38 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Maybe a mic drop moment for you. If they do the same as they did last offseason I will spend my entertainment $$$ on the Wild, Vikings, and Timberwolves and ownerships that make moves not just for their bottom line---the same as I did 2024 spring and summer.

Also be aware that Gleeman's job is the Twins. So covering it everyday and being forced to see what ownership did to the promising team of 23.....just knowing just a little extra effort or payroll would be rewarded.

He doesn't have the option of catching an inning or two of games instead of the full game.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/30/2024 3:06:07 PM >

Post #: 789
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/30/2024 2:35:12 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I will not give them my money when there are far better things to spend my entertainment dollars on in the Twin Cities. Like the theater community here. Timberwolves, Wild and VIKINGS. comedy clubs. St Paul Saints. Farmers markets.

I encourage you to consider that they put their own payroll constraints on the team last offseason, likely will do the same this offseason building a lesser team and you will see that all Gleemnan got out of Joe Pohlad was utter bullshit.

Post #: 790
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 9/30/2024 2:57:35 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

I will not give them my money when there are far better things to spend my entertainment dollars on in the Twin Cities. Like the theater community here. Timberwolves, Wild and VIKINGS. comedy clubs. St Paul Saints. Farmers markets.

I encourage you to consider that they put their own payroll constraints on the team last offseason, likely will do the same this offseason building a lesser team and you will see that all Gleemnan got out of Joe Pohlad was utter bullshit.

We will see who has control of the team actually....he was a puppet November 2023 and now called to task September 2024.

Payroll isn't necessarily the issue but when you know at the deadline you need a RH Bat, a starter or two after Ryan gets hurt, and bullpen help and you can't cobble a couple of million for Lavine and Falvey....

KC and Cleveland made moves.

Our payroll will be at 98 million after opting out of Margot and Farmer (mutual options) and Kepler being a free agent. 32 Million less than 2024.....will the FO spend to the 2024 or lol the 2023 level? Matt said in May/June they would spend at the trade deadline....

They said in November 2023 that payroll was a thing but now after they are at 60 million less than 2023 going into the 2025 offseason it isn't a thing?

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/30/2024 3:21:03 PM >

Post #: 791
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/1/2024 8:07:11 AM   
Brad H

You know who is still playing baseball?

Luis Arraez

Batted .314 this season, which was higher than any guy on the Twins (.357 over the last 30 games).

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 792
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/1/2024 8:13:50 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

You know who is still playing baseball?

Luis Arraez

Batted .314 this season, which was higher than any guy on the Twins (.357 over the last 30 games).

You know who hasn't been a Twin since 2022?

Luis Arraez

Sometimes you make trades. Sometimes the guy you traded is still successful. We didn't get a poor return on that trade.

You really need to learn how to get over things.

Post #: 793
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/1/2024 10:58:32 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

BAAAÀ BAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAAAAAA BAAAAA

Once again, the sheople have spoken. Just learn to appreciate an under invested, under performing piece of crap because at least we have a team.

Look what happened in Oakland. That's seriously what you want?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 794
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/1/2024 11:02:56 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

We were Oakland until a new stadium was approved if you don't remember.
Wasn't there a promise to spend more $$$ that has been broken many times.....that is what we are saying. They are not only making money but when you have a squad that performed well they did the exact opposite of what the Diamondbacks did (spend money on the product)......and pissed off a ton a fans.

Post #: 795
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/1/2024 11:19:25 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wasn't there a promise to spend more $$$ that has been broken many times.....that is what we are saying. They are not only making money but when you have a squad that performed well they did the exact opposite of what the Diamondbacks did (spend money on the product)......and pissed off a ton a fans.

Diamondbacks aren't in the playoffs either.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 796
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/1/2024 11:40:38 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Diamondbacks aren't in the playoffs either.

Diamondbacks went to the World Series last year and put money into improving THAT team. They made deals to improve at the deadline too and just fell short as of yesterday. They played all their games and were mathematically still in the postseason.

Imagine if we had tried.

Post #: 797
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/1/2024 12:57:08 PM   
Phil Riewer

2023 Payrolls
https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/_/year/2023/sort/cap_maximum_space2
16 MN Twins 156 Million
21 Arizona 119 Million

2024 Payrolls
https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/_/year/2024/sort/cap_total2/dir/desc
13 Arz 172 Million
19 MN 130 Million

Post #: 798
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/2/2024 8:02:43 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Well, Twins Hitting coach Popkins isn't coming back....

Good

This team didn't understand situational hitting at all. and they all fell off a cliff in Aug/Sep.

Post #: 799
RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread - 10/2/2024 9:07:16 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Well, Twins Hitting coach Popkins isn't coming back....

Good

This team didn't understand situational hitting at all. and they all fell off a cliff in Aug/Sep.

FIRED!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 800
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2024 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode