Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2014 11:12:20 AM   
Troy Newell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prescott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Sometimes when the refs screw you, or opponents cheat or play dirty...it's ok to complain.

Is; thank you sir may I have another supposed to be a strength? I don't find it that appealing.

I saw Andrew Luck take a harder and later shot than Favre did in the first half, and there was no call. Were the Colts screwed by the refs, or did the Patriots cheat?

The Saints were wrong to have a little side pool (like plenty of other players, including Vikings did) but in terms of on the field outcome, I don't think it played any role. They could have/would have hit Favre the exact same way with our without some extra cash riding on it.

That is just the way it is. Favre didn't get those calls early in his career either. Five years from now Luck will be almost untouchable without a flag flying.
Post #: 2876
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2014 11:23:56 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

Sometimes when the refs screw you, or opponents cheat or play dirty...it's ok to complain.

Is; thank you sir may I have another supposed to be a strength? I don't find it that appealing.

I saw Andrew Luck take a harder and later shot than Favre did in the first half, and there was no call. Were the Colts screwed by the refs, or did the Patriots cheat?

The Saints were wrong to have a little side pool (like plenty of other players, including Vikings did) but in terms of on the field outcome, I don't think it played any role. They could have/would have hit Favre the exact same way with our without some extra cash riding on it.

I'd have to see it again.

Were there 5 more like that? A high/low as well?

You're probably going to have a questionable hit or 2. It's when the tally hits 6+ there's a legitimate complaint.
Post #: 2877
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2014 11:34:18 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're probably going to have a questionable hit or 2. It's when the tally hits 6+ there's a legitimate complaint.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 13h
Closing up. Lots of haters taking shots tonight. I give the crew a C. Too many big misses when the game was on the line. Will write about it
Post #: 2878
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2014 11:35:11 AM   
marty

The refs were DEFINITELY favoring the Pats, and I thought they would, that is part of the reason why I switched my pick to the Pats.

They also missed a fumble where a Patriot runner went down without being touched, and then was hit and fumbled. There were also many other non calls that I think pretty much all favored the Patriots. The Colts didn't put up enough of a fight to see if the refs were going to make even MORE effort to favor the Patriots. The better team won, but there was a bias in favor of the Pats.
Post #: 2879
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2014 11:38:10 AM   
Prescott

quote:

Just so we're clear, I know the Saints went into that game trying to hit Favre late and hard. And I didn't applaud them for it, as it was against my team. It sucked. But frankly I've seen many games with much dirtier, later hits than that. I would have liked to see flag or two on a couple of those hits, but of the 5 or 6 that people show over and over, there are only a couple that I think warranted a penalty. To me, most of those hits were just playoff football, and not nearly the worst non calls I've seen. The bigger problem, to me, was how the Viking players reacted to it. They never matched intensity. Once your QB gets hit like that, the lineman should start popping the defense back, and they never did.

If I had a perfect day
I would have it start this way
Open up the fridge and have a tall boy
Yeah
Post #: 2880
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2014 9:42:49 PM   
marty

Much better than last week, I picked all 4 winners correctly (a good switch to NE, but was wrong on Indy covering the spread), but went 2-2 with the spreads.

I also got my 'lock of the week' correct.

Now we have:

DrViking 7
Brad 4
Marty 4
Prescott 2
Ricky 1
Post #: 2881
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2014 9:45:35 PM   
Prescott

Why did you not count my picks the first playoff week Marty?

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 2882
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2014 9:49:39 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

Why did you not count my picks the first playoff week Marty?

I went 4/4 today and I have 1.
Post #: 2883
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2014 10:34:05 AM   
marty

Sorry Prescott, you have to declare ONE pick to be 'lock of the week'. You can't just make a bunch of picks, and if any are right use them as credit for lock of the week.

It goes like this:

My lock of the week is:
Post #: 2884
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2014 3:40:36 PM   
Bill Jandro

My Locks are:

NE over Den

Brady and Manning cancel eachother out but NE has a better defense and coach. But the difference in the game will be Legarrett Blount

Sea over SF

This will be a dog fight. But Sea is so good at home and seem to play SF very tough.
Game will be very close and will be determined by who takes care of the ball better

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2885
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/16/2014 7:57:02 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

My Locks are:

NE over Den

Brady and Manning cancel eachother out but NE has a better defense and coach. But the difference in the game will be Legarrett Blount

Denvers best CB went down in the last game to an ACL.  New England will attack his replacement all day long.  Denver will be gearing up to stop Blount.  Belichick is a master at attacking a weakness.  So I disagree, the difference in the game will be whatever WR is lined up across from Quentin Jammer.

quote:

Sea over SF

This will be a dog fight. But Sea is so good at home and seem to play SF very tough.
Game will be very close and will be determined by who takes care of the ball better

Just get the sense that the team that gets to hold the ball last is going to win this game.  It should be a classic.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2886
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/16/2014 11:49:18 AM   
Rob Viking

Denver 34 NE 27

Broncos get it done at home. The Pats are different than the first meeting but it was a strange game. Gronk was a big part last game but the Pats struggled to run in that game. Conversely Moreno ran for 200+ in the previous meeting. Think Manning will get his and out duel Brady and his under manned offense.

SF 20 Sea 17

Really a coin flip here. But I just don't trust Wilson or the passing offense atm. He will make some plays with his legs but he's been really off the past month or so. On the other side Kap has played well and now has the offense clicking not like last season but they're able to control things more than Seattle with Crabtree, Boldin and Davis.
Post #: 2887
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/16/2014 12:19:10 PM   
Prescott

Should be very two very competitive games. I predict Denver and San Fran in the Super Bowl, but single score Conference Championship games and the winners could easily be flip flopped.

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 2888
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/16/2014 3:32:01 PM   
Ed_Marotske

I'm going Seattle and New England....because I can't stand SF or Denver!
Post #: 2889
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/19/2014 7:51:22 AM   
marty

I'm going with SF and Denver winning.

Bill it's just ONE lock per week.

I think SF will outlast Seattle, provided they aren't too far behind at halftime.

My brain says NE, but my gut says Denver. Brady usually wins this duo, and I have questions about any HC that takes a knee. However, I feel this is Manning's moment. I think he has to get out of the shadow of Elway, and to cast his own legacy, and I also think he wants to at least match his brother with rings.

My lock of the week is SF +3 1/2.
Post #: 2890
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/19/2014 9:19:18 AM   
Prescott

lock of the week - Seattle over San Fran

Denver also wins.

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 2891
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/19/2014 9:20:42 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

lock of the week - Seattle over San Fran

Denver also wins.

Lock -- both road teams win
Post #: 2892
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/19/2014 10:04:30 PM   
marty

Nice job Prescott !

We now have:

DrViking 8
Brad 4
Marty 4
Prescott 3
Ricky 1
Post #: 2893
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/19/2014 10:07:44 PM   
Ricky J

I took in the shorts big time today. I had the lead and picked NE & SF. Lord have mercy! $130 down the drain.
Post #: 2894
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/19/2014 10:08:01 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Nice job Prescott !

We now have:

DrViking 8
Brad 4
Marty 4
Prescott 3
Ricky 1

I think u meant nice job drviking....

I AM THE BEST...DON'T BRING THAT WEAKASS TRASH ROUND HERE!!

LOB!!

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 2895
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/19/2014 10:10:15 PM   
marty

I'm leaning towards Denver winning the SB, maybe I was just off by a year when I picked them last season.

Manning wants to at least equal his brother in rings, and maybe that is what the powers that be want as well. I listened to most of the 49er/Seahawk game on the radio, watched the end on TV. I'll need to watch the entire game, but from what I heard and saw, Seattle seemed to be getting favoritism from the refs. The incorrect call on the fumble at the goal line seemed like a pretty bad miss. It didn't matter as the 49ers stopped them on the next play, but it easily could have ended up being the difference in the game.

Sherman was being undisciplined at the end, and an undisciplined team is likely to lose the SB. I haven't locked in on Denver, but am leaning pretty strongly towards them early on.
Post #: 2896
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/19/2014 10:12:22 PM   
marty

I think u meant nice job drviking....

No, what you did was pretty much effortless. About 10 years ago, I was betting with a guy, and just picked the opposite of his favorite bet, and did quite well. When he figured out that is what I was doing (we would talk over the games before betting), then he stopped betting.
Post #: 2897
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/21/2014 7:13:57 PM   
Bill Jandro

Richard Sherman is the new Darth Vader

While P Manning rides the white horse

Someone has to be the villain

I'll take Sea over Den with Sherman getting a couple picks and winning MVP

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2898
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/21/2014 7:57:18 PM   
marty

< Message edited by marty -- 1/21/2014 8:30:53 PM >
Post #: 2899
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/21/2014 8:03:48 PM   
ruffenach

Seattle has created their issues. Its not how much hype you have, but its how well you play your game. If San Fran did not turn the ball over so many times, the hype at the end would not matter. On any given day any given team can beat themselves. Turn overs and penalities are the difference in nearly every game. If Denver plays as sloppy as SF, then its a loss. If not, they win. That simple.
Post #: 2900
Page:   <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode