Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2015 WR's.xtra

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2015 WR's.xtra Page: <<   < prev  140 141 [142] 143 144   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2015 WR's.xtra - 8/20/2016 2:08:47 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Black 47

And the kicking game isn't their biggest problem. The offensive line is still really bad. Can someone tell me what happened to Mike Harris? Last I heard they were still mum on it.

No one knows.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3526
RE: 2015 WR's.xtra - 8/20/2016 2:09:52 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Black 47

Respect your opinion. But I don't see it. You have to be able to trust your kicker. Nothing drains a team mentally than a kicker you can't trust. Every kick is an adventure. He has no finesse on the short ones. He drills every one and he don't know where it's going. I'm going to be proven right on him. The situation just reeks of disaster.

And Locke has to be the worst punter in the NFL at pinning them inside the 20. They all go out the back of the endzone.

You have to definitely trust your kicker, but the difference is YOU don't trust him; Zimmer does.

Theyre not going to cut him. Not outright in the preseason. Not before signing or drafting a replacement.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3527
RE: 2015 WR's.xtra - 8/20/2016 3:04:51 PM   
thebigo

Seems like we'd be best served if we send the entire team to the desert and nuke 'em all.
Post #: 3528
RE: 2015 WR's.xtra - 8/20/2016 5:47:31 PM   
Bill Jandro

Walsh needs to work harder. He to often has bad footwork.

That can be corrected with repetition and clearly more focus.

If he has a bad year he will be gone.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3529
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/20/2016 7:21:12 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

IF the Packers win that first game, I think it will be a psychological blow which the Vikings won't recover.

You're a packer fan aren't you?

He must be. Been putting them on a pedestal on this thread constantly.

How long has he been doing that?

Years. Honestly, not even sure why you guys humor him with responses. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I wasn't humoring him. I had no idea that he was a packer fan. I always thought he was a Vikings fan.
Post #: 3530
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/21/2016 12:31:57 AM   
He's not a Packer fan, right Marty?
Just a fatalistic Viking fan living in Sconnieville.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 3531
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/21/2016 4:25:27 AM   
marty

I hate the Packers and cheer against them. Sounds like a Packer fan, right ?

I might be more realistic than 'fatalistic' Art. I have a feeling this season could be a disappointment while right now I feel that 2017 will be the season the Vikes will put it all together.

But that could change in a hurry, like if the Vikes smoked the Packers in the first meeting. I think a loss at home would set the Vikes back, and they might not recover from it until if and when they get revenge by winning in Lambeau later in the season.

I would REALLY like to see the Vikes kill all this optimism surrounding the Pack (with regards to their fans, their team, and media about them) with a Vikings blowout win over them early on in the season.

< Message edited by marty -- 8/21/2016 4:29:38 AM >
Post #: 3532
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/21/2016 4:32:31 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

I might be more realistic than 'fatalistic' Art. I have a feeling this season could be a disappointment while right now I feel that 2017 will be the season the Vikes will put it all together.

But that could change in a hurry, like if the Vikes smoked the Packers in the first meeting. I think a loss at home would set the Vikes back, and they might not recover from it until if and when they get revenge by winning in Lambeau later in the season.

I would REALLY like to see the Vikes kill all this optimism surrounding the Pack (with regards to their fans, their team, and media about them) with a Vikings blowout win over them early on in the season.

Whatever optimism there is for the Packers is just that. It's not based on anything legit at all. They are old and worn down. They have no defense. Best possible outcome for that team is 10-6 and that is if a lot of things go right. Move on here people. Nothing to see.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/31/2016 4:45:28 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3533
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/21/2016 8:42:50 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Whatever optimism there is for the Packers is just that. It's not based on anything legit at all. They are old and worn down. Aaron is more Erin now. They can't protect her and they have no defense. Best possible outcome for that team is 10-6 and that is if a lot of things go right. Move on here people. Nothing to see.

Actually the Packers are younger then us.

Rodgers is one of their oldest which some would say is their whole team anyway. Along with Pepers, and Matthews the represent the core of that team.

But they definitely are very young (3rd youngest in the NFL last year)

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 3534
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/21/2016 8:49:22 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

Whatever optimism there is for the Packers is just that. It's not based on anything legit at all. They are old and worn down. Aaron is more Erin now. They can't protect her and they have no defense. Best possible outcome for that team is 10-6 and that is if a lot of things go right. Move on here people. Nothing to see.

Rodgers is one of their oldest which some would say is their whole team anyway. Along with Pepers, and Matthews the represent the core of that team.

I didn't know that as a whole they were young.
I'm thinking of their significant players. Rodgers, Nelson, Mathews, Peppers.
Our significant players, Peterson, Teddy, Smith, Barr, Kendricks, Joseph, Griffen, Diggs.

Technically they may be younger than us, but we are for what matters younger than they are.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/21/2016 8:50:55 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3535
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/21/2016 9:36:10 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

I didn't know that as a whole they were young.
I'm thinking of their significant players. Rodgers, Nelson, Mathews, Peppers.
Our significant players, Peterson, Teddy, Smith, Barr, Kendricks, Joseph, Griffen, Diggs.

Technically they may be younger than us, but we are for what matters younger than they are.

I think guys like Newman and Hill spike are numbers.

Although TT rarely signs any FA's. So many young players make the roster every year.

Our core, as KG pointed out, is a lot younger with the exception of AD.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3536
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/21/2016 9:46:11 AM   
Oh there is no question we have a very young/ large core of our BEST players.

It always seemed to me that the Packers should be way older then us.

Just an interesting stat.

I'd go as far as to say we have most young talent in the NFL.

The media is hot on Oakland & Jacksonville's young talent. Well hell, the Raiders haven't gotten to .500 yet, the Jags were still very bad record wise last year, and all we did was win our division.

Post #: 3537
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/30/2016 1:21:21 PM   
Tim Cady

Jarius Wright will be cut and he will be picked up by the New England Patriots to back up Edelman. The Early Shepard cut and the Sullivan trade rumors lead me to predict we will be picking up an extra Tackle that is not currently on our roster.

Bubble guys that make team: CPatt, Sherels, Trattou

Safety cut: Exum, Jr

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 3538
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/30/2016 1:36:15 PM   
Ricky J

I dont see Sherels as bubble - lock
Post #: 3539
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/30/2016 1:37:19 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

Jarius Wright will be cut and he will be picked up by the New England Patriots to back up Edelman. The Early Shepard cut and the Sullivan trade rumors lead me to predict we will be picking up an extra Tackle that is not currently on our roster.

Bubble guys that make team: CPatt, Sherels, Trattou

Safety cut: Exum, Jr

He costs us 2.5M to keep, 2.2M to cut.

And I can't imagine we keep only 5 WRs. Especially with 1 being a rookie and one being Patterson.
Post #: 3540
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/30/2016 2:04:29 PM   
ambear

Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson · 5m5 minutes ago

Teddy bridgewater just went down looks serious Vikings end practice

Post #: 3541
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/30/2016 2:08:18 PM   
ambear

chipscoggins ‏@chipscoggins · 1m1 minute ago

Players and coaches immediately spread out over field in shocked reaction as medical staff rushed to Bridgewater on ground
Post #: 3542
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/30/2016 5:31:05 PM  1 votes
McMurfy

quote:

quote:

Wasn't it you just a few days ago who went on and on and on about how terrible it was that Bill Parcells called Terry Glenn "She" 25 years ago and then you post this?

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 3543
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/31/2016 1:40:09 PM   
marty

Post #: 3544
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/31/2016 4:47:09 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

quote:

Wasn't it you just a few days ago who went on and on and on about how terrible it was that Bill Parcells called Terry Glenn "She" 25 years ago and then you post this?

When it comes to Packer Bashing I get carried away. I apologize for this reference. However, Parcells was referring to his own player this way.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3545
RE: 2015 WR's. - 8/31/2016 6:02:50 PM   
McMurfy

Fair enough, I do the same with the Packers

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 3546
RE: 2015 WR's. - 9/4/2016 11:26:18 PM   
marty

I still feel that 2017 is the year the Vikes put it all together and make the SB, possibly winning it.

I think Bradford is going to be a tease this year. I think he will have a career year, have the team smoking at the end of the year, but I just have a feeling things don't quite seem right (it is still Teddy's team), and Sam will get hurt and knocked out of the game in the Vikes 1st playoff game.

- I still think the Vikes will lose the 1st meeting with the Packers. Sam won't have the cohesion that Rodgers has with Nelson, Cobb and others.

- Bradford will do so well, the Vikes will re-sign him, and at some point in the 2017, they will have a QB controversy.
Post #: 3547
RE: 2015 WR's. - 9/5/2016 1:27:58 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

I still feel that 2017 is the year the Vikes put it all together and make the SB, possibly winning it.

I think Bradford is going to be a tease this year. I think he will have a career year, have the team smoking at the end of the year, but I just have a feeling things don't quite seem right (it is still Teddy's team), and Sam will get hurt and knocked out of the game in the Vikes 1st playoff game.

- I still think the Vikes will lose the 1st meeting with the Packers. Sam won't have the cohesion that Rodgers has with Nelson, Cobb and others.

- Bradford will do so well, the Vikes will re-sign him, and at some point in the 2017, they will have a QB controversy.

I predicted a QB controversy elsewhere and I hope it comes true. The only way we have a controversy is if Bradford is playing well.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3548
RE: 2015 WR's. - 9/6/2016 10:20:24 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

I predicted a QB controversy elsewhere and I hope it comes true. The only way we have a controversy is if Bradford is playing well.

It would be a GOOD problem to have.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3549
RE: 2015 WR's. - 9/7/2016 9:26:32 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Well, it's upon us, the 2016 NFL season is here.

Time for my highly scientific well thought out, using the Pullitstraightouttamybutt method of expert analysis (what's wrong with that? it's what all the Pundits do).

Here it is,
My AFC predictions (NFC Predictions will come in another post)

AFC WEST - should be fiercely competitive.

Denver - That defense is otherworldly. They won the title because of it, no matter they have exactly 0 NFL experience at QB. They won last year with Brock Osweiler and the shadow of Peyton Manning. They will keep winning.

Oakland - team on the rise with a good QB WR and rising stars on defense. I see them making noise this year. no longer the doormat.

Chiefs - If they can avoid the injury bug they should do well. Injuries completely submarined their season last year. Already without the good Houston rushing the passer though. We'll see how it goes.

Chargers - They'll score and stop nobody from scoring. Philip Rivers is wasted here. and next year they play in LA.

AFC South - Is there a good team here?

Houston was a better team than people realize, they just didn't have a QB worth a spit last year. Is Osweiler the guy. In a word, NO. Will still struggle, especially with their superstar not on the field. But they may win the Division anyway because there are no good teams here.

Jacksonville Jaguars is a team that is improving. and could take a big leap forward. But they still wont be good. but they may win the division anyway because there are no good teams here.

Indianapolis Colts have Andrew Luck . But they may win the Division anyway because there are no good teams here.

Tennessee Titans. Some good young players but they earned the first overall pick in this years draft with their play last year... but they may win the division anyway because there are no good teams here.

AFC North Cincy Pitt. And those other guys.

Cincinnati - boy howdy if they could just do something in the playoffs...Because they are going there again. This division is theirs to lose.

Pittsburgh - but you can't count out the Steelers. Their D is questionable (hard to image that but it is true) but it will be an uphill climb

Baltimore - looking to do better than last year but still that isn't saying much.

Cleveland - complete rebuild in progress. If they win more than 3 games it will be a miracle.

AFC East - will this be the year that New England falters and some other team takes the division.

In a word...NO.

Brady will be back week 5, their opening four are cake and Belichick is pretty good at this coaching thing. They will then run off about 8 straight convincing wins as Brady is out to stick it to the NFL.

Buffalo will play well enough to compete with the Pats but only a Wildcard is possible.

J-E-T-S Jetc Jets Jets. Boles has them surprise many and with Fitz playing for another contract they are going to win more than people expect. Gang Green in the playoffs.

Dolphins - have been a mess since Shula retired and Marino hung em up. Nothing new here.

AFC Division winners
Patriots, Bengals, Broncos, Texans
Wild cards Oakland, Jets.

Bengals lose to Jets firs round
Texans lose to Oakland

Jets lose to Patriots
Oakland to Broncos

Patriots beat the rudderless Broncos
and go to Superbowl...again...

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3550
Page:   <<   < prev  140 141 [142] 143 144   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2015 WR's.xtra Page: <<   < prev  140 141 [142] 143 144   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode