Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Basketball

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: College Basketball Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Basketball - 4/3/2011 11:12:15 AM   
Steve Lentz

Butler continues to amaze. This team plays so much better than their individual talent. Cohesive and a very physical team.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 626
RE: College Basketball - 4/3/2011 11:13:22 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Did anyone get to see Burks from Colorado play in the NIT and have an eval on him?

He had a good tournament. After Irving and possibly Barnes I like him better than anyone else for the Wolves. Would be pretty satisfied if he's our pick. Needs to improve his outside shootng but he is extremely athletic, a top scorer, can play defense, and a good ft shooter. I've seen a lot of him in the Big 12 and I like him.

I'd take him over Barnes. He's elite at getting to the line and an exceptional rebounder for a SG. Those are 2 of the most transferrable skills from college to the Pros.
Post #: 627
RE: College Basketball - 4/5/2011 10:26:28 AM   
TJSweens

I would like to state for the record that last night was quite possibly the worst game of college basketball I have ever seen. It was excruciating.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 628
RE: College Basketball - 4/5/2011 10:38:29 AM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I would like to state for the record that last night was quite possibly the worst game of college basketball I have ever seen. It was excruciating.

Worst shooting performance I've ever witnessed at any level. Jr. High boys, city league games at lower ages than that, anything.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 629
RE: College Basketball - 4/5/2011 10:59:30 AM   
SoMnFan

Great D or horrible shooting?
I took in the MN State HS tourney for the first time in many years, and was shocked by the same things we saw last night.
Horrendous shooting percentages. Not bad, horrendous.
Halves (at almost every class) that were 1940's-like.
Seriously. The semis and finals were almost all 18-16 or 22-17 at half, thats brutal and ridiculous, imo.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 630
RE: College Basketball - 4/5/2011 11:01:33 AM   
djskillz

I think UConn's defense was very good, but that doesn't explain the layups and open looks they were missing.

Man, just brutal.

That sucks you had to watch that Scott.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 631
RE: College Basketball - 4/5/2011 11:05:02 AM   
SoMnFan

Its strange, because the athleticism and passion is there better than ever, just really poor results.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 632
RE: College Basketball - 4/5/2011 11:05:52 AM   
Phil Riewer

I hate to say it but the center for Butler played like a scatter brain and cost his team about 10 points in easy layups and dunks.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 633
RE: College Basketball - 4/5/2011 10:02:28 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I hate to say it but the center for Butler played like a scatter brain and cost his team about 10 points in easy layups and dunks.....

I believe that was #44. He was the worst player I've ever seen.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 634
RE: College Basketball - 4/8/2011 11:02:27 PM   
djskillz

Sad news for the Lavin family with the diagnosis of cancer (and another good reminder for us all to get regularly checked). I've given him a lot of crap over the years, all in jest, but will be praying for him and his family. He genuinely seems like a good guy.

Post #: 635
RE: College Basketball - 4/10/2011 3:03:18 PM   
Jim Frenette

Checked ou a little of Nike camp last night and they said that 4 of the players going to Kentucky next year. Hey must know at begining of year how many are 1 year wonders so they can recruit.

Fargo
Post #: 636
RE: College Basketball - 4/10/2011 3:19:44 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim Frenette

Checked ou a little of Nike camp last night and they said that 4 of the players going to Kentucky next year. Hey must know at begining of year how many are 1 year wonders so they can recruit.

He absolutely does. It's an NBA factory. And yes, this class will probably be his best yet. If Knight and Barnes stay, Kentucky and Carolina are the likely favorites next year, with Duke just behind.

Post #: 637
RE: College Basketball - 5/10/2011 1:32:56 PM   
Stacey King

If he so chooses, Duke coach Mike Kryzewski can employ a Plumli lineup – as in, three Plumlee brothers on the court at the same time. That’s because Marshall Plumlee, the youngest in the basketball-playing brood, will join brothers Miles and Mason as frontcourt players for the Blue Devils this fall.

While three 7-footers – actually, Miles and Mason are 6-foot-10, while Marshall is 6-foot-11 – wouldn’t be the most prudent lineup, Kryzewski may have to do it out of principle. It will be the first time in ACC history that three brothers will be on the same team’s roster, according to the Asheville Citizen-Times.

But Marshall told the newspaper that his brothers’ presence at Duke didn’t sway his decision.

“Absolutely not,” Plumlee said. “In the end, I had to make the decision that was best for me and no one else. Duke is a special place, and the fact that Mason and Miles are there is just the icing on the cake.”

Marshall showed off the athleticism that he’ll bring to Duke last December, when he won the dunk contest at the City of Palms Classic in Fort Meyers, Fla. A big man emerging victorious against some of high school basketball’s high-flyers is impressive.

Of course, Miles and Mason aren’t exactly known for their above-the-rim play, and it’s unlikely that Marshall will dominate college basketball in that way either.
Post #: 638
[Deleted] - 6/15/2011 2:18:15 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]
  Post #: 639
RE: [Deleted] - 12/10/2011 6:06:46 PM   
JT2

BOO!

Absolutely great day for NCAABB
Post #: 640
RE: [Deleted] - 12/10/2011 6:28:42 PM   
JT2

I know I'm talking to myself, but damn, what a finish in Bloomington.
Post #: 641
RE: [Deleted] - 12/10/2011 6:32:50 PM   
SoMnFan

The Cincy/Xavier brawl was nasty.
I didn't realize Sullinger was having back issues. OSU still hung tough without him.  

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 642
RE: [Deleted] - 12/10/2011 6:55:41 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

The Cincy/Xavier brawl was nasty.
I didn't realize Sullinger was having back issues. OSU still hung tough without him.  

Gates is going to get the biggest suspension, but most of the Musketeers were jackin' their jaws at the Cincy bench the entire game, and they really were the instigators. Poor display by both teams. If Holloway gets a lengthy suspension, that's really going to hurt that team, they are legit.

OSU finally played a road game. Sully's absence showed, but Buford just wasn't hitting his shots. If Kansas ever cleans up their sloppy play, they are going to be hard to beat. Robinson keeps getting better. He's fun to watch.
Post #: 643
RE: [Deleted] - 1/15/2012 3:59:41 AM   
JT2

The best coach in the ACC (considering the relative lack of resources) Leonard Hamilton, pulls off another upset.
Post #: 644
RE: [Deleted] - 12/1/2012 9:22:54 PM   
David Levine

Coach Rick Majerus dies at 64

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8700072/rick-majerus-college-basketball-coach-dies-64
Post #: 645
RE: [Deleted] - 12/1/2012 9:39:15 PM   
RIP Rick Majerus.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 646
RE: [Deleted] - 12/1/2012 10:10:21 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

RIP Rick Majerus.

When I was a youngster (late 70's) I was fortunate enough to attend a Dale Brown basketball camp in New Orleans. Rick Majerus was also there, but I had no idea who he was. At the time I think he was one of McGuire's assistants. He really ran the show at that camp. He was more hands on than Brown, or any of the other coaches. Every kid there wanted wanted his attention, and everyone of them got it. He loved basketball, and teaching it.

Too bad he didn't take better care of himself.
Post #: 647
RE: [Deleted] - 12/1/2012 10:14:06 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

RIP Rick Majerus.

When I was a youngster (late 70's) I was fortunate enough to attend a Dale Brown basketball camp in New Orleans. Rick Majerus was also there, but I had no idea who he was. At the time I think he was one of McGuire's assistants. He really ran the show at that camp. He was more hands on than Brown, or any of the other coaches. Every kid there wanted wanted his attention, and everyone of them got it. He loved basketball, and teaching it.

Great story...

The master recruiter/ payed the most- Dale Brown.

I thought Majerus was a heck of a coach, albeit from afar...

How was Al McGuire? Loved him on TV w/ Billy Packer. Those were the days.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 648
RE: [Deleted] - 12/2/2012 9:07:43 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

RIP Rick Majerus.

Very cool, JT
Always seemed like a great guy and an innovative coach
He was great for the game.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 649
RE: [Deleted] - 1/19/2013 10:36:49 PM   
SoMnFan

Two of my favorite programs with a barn-burner tonight ... the Zags and Butler at Hinkle!
Great small schools who can play with the big boys.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: College Basketball Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode