Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Basketball

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: College Basketball Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Basketball - 2/4/2009 11:45:27 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

I picked a great night to not watch a Duke game tonight.

They weren't at their best and Clemson was fired up, but I have to say, that was the first time this season that I saw Duke flustered and panicked.  Not that a loss is ever good, but K will use this to their advantage in the long run.
  Post #: 101
RE: College Basketball - 2/4/2009 11:49:56 PM   
djskillz

Oh ya.  Sounds like they just played about as bad as they can possibly play.

1) I'd hate to be in the Duke practice tomorrow.
2) I'd REALLY hate to be Miami on Saturday.  They're going to be getting a beatdown I would think.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 102
RE: College Basketball - 2/5/2009 7:43:50 AM   
Elliot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pete C

Some really good games tonight.  Jack Mac taught Teague something about shooting.  He is the best perimeter shooter in the country, without doubt.

Booker was doing a prety good Dominique impersonation on the Blue Devils, he put Zoubek and Singler on the same poster.  Things have really tightened up in the ACC.

Oklahoma finished strong and had to come back against A&M.
Texas really needs this game against Missouri, and they might not get it.  Looks like Pittman dropped the Jenny Craig diet too.

Nova held off a fierce comeback by Providence.  Good win for them.  Cunningham is definitely not at full strength. 

UCLA is killin' USC.

No comment on the MN/MSU game.

Teague did ok from inside the arc and at the line.  He was penetrating which is what allowed Wake to hold off a solid Clemson team earlier this year.  But beyond that, he was bad.  What's more telling to me is his assists line.  Not just last night, but in general it's been dropping.  He's never really been a pass-first guard, but his assist numbers have been on the decline.  At least he's not been a turnover machine. 

Life is just what happens to you,
While you're busy making other plans

~ John Lennon
Post #: 103
RE: College Basketball - 2/5/2009 10:12:22 AM   
Pete M.

quote:

Ditto--didn't watch a minute, thankfully. Unfortunately, I did catch 16+ minutes of the Gophers game, and that was quite enough for me.
Post #: 104
RE: College Basketball - 2/5/2009 2:06:35 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

I did catch 16+ minutes of the Gophers game,
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pete M.

quote:

Ditto--didn't watch a minute, thankfully. Unfortunately, I did catch 16+ minutes of the Gophers game, and that was quite enough for me.

Did they score?
Post #: 105
RE: College Basketball - 2/6/2009 12:52:50 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Elliot

quote:

Some really good games tonight.  Jack Mac taught Teague something about shooting.  He is the best perimeter shooter in the country, without doubt.

Booker was doing a prety good Dominique impersonation on the Blue Devils, he put Zoubek and Singler on the same poster.  Things have really tightened up in the ACC.

Texas really needs this game against Missouri, and they might not get it.  Looks like Pittman dropped the Jenny Craig diet too.

Nova held off a fierce comeback by Providence.  Good win for them.  Cunningham is definitely not at full strength. 

UCLA is killin' USC.

Teague did ok from inside the arc and at the line.  He was penetrating which is what allowed Wake to hold off a solid Clemson team earlier this year.  But beyond that, he was bad.  What's more telling to me is his assists line.  Not just last night, but in general it's been dropping.  He's never really been a pass-first guard, but his assist numbers have been on the decline.  At least he's not been a turnover machine. 

Have you cooled a bit on your incredible projection of where he'll be drafted?

Teague is not a NBA impact player.  Take him in the first round and the rest of the league will laugh.

Some people catch a game or two, or see the highlights and hop on the rising star.  His star is falling, as it should, especially in terms of future NBA success.  Three weeks ago some talking heads were talking about him being the best player in the country.  He's not even the best player on his team. 

< Message edited by Pete C -- 2/6/2009 12:56:35 AM >
  Post #: 106
RE: College Basketball - 2/6/2009 1:00:15 AM   
djskillz

As usual, agreed Pete.

With how much we agree on college ball I really need to get back into betting so we can help each other out there.

Not that you need it.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 107
RE: College Basketball - 2/6/2009 1:20:42 AM   
quote:

As usual, agreed Pete.

With how much we agree on college ball I really need to get back into betting so we can help each other out there.

Not that you need it.

I can always use help. 

I wish this thread had more action.  I could type all night about ncaa bb, but I feel I'm talkin' to myself most times. 

I see the jump on the hot guy stuff and it makes me want to puke. 
  Post #: 108
RE: College Basketball - 2/6/2009 7:00:52 AM   
Elliot

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elliot

quote:

UCLA is killin' USC.

Have you cooled a bit on your incredible projection of where he'll be drafted?

Teague is not a NBA impact player.  Take him in the first round and the rest of the league will laugh.

Some people catch a game or two, or see the highlights and hop on the rising star.  His star is falling, as it should, especially in terms of future NBA success.  Three weeks ago some talking heads were talking about him being the best player in the country.  He's not even the best player on his team. 

I've cooled a bit on him, but not that much.  I still think he'll be a lottery pick.  Sounds like you think he won't be drafted in the first round?

Life is just what happens to you,
While you're busy making other plans

~ John Lennon
Post #: 109
RE: College Basketball - 2/6/2009 7:48:41 AM   
djskillz

quote:

quote:

As usual, agreed Pete.

Not that you need it.

I can always use help. 

I wish this thread had more action.  I could type all night about ncaa bb, but I feel I'm talkin' to myself most times. 

I see the jump on the hot guy stuff and it makes me want to puke. 

Ya, I hear ya.  I'll try to get in on this thread more.  Just been busy lately gearing up for baseball season out here, man.

Post #: 110
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 11:02:48 AM   
I love Syracuse +5.5 today at Nova.
  Post #: 111
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 11:35:34 AM   
djskillz

I haven't checked yet, but what's the line on the Duke game today, Pete?

I'm tempted to throw some money at them.  They should come out fired up I'm sure.

Post #: 112
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 12:08:04 PM   
quote:

I haven't checked yet, but what's the line on the Duke game today, Pete?

I'm tempted to throw some money at them.  They should come out fired up I'm sure.

It's 14.  Might be a little too much.  I like that Miami team and I love McClinton.  It is a good match-up for Duke and coming off that poor performance, they should be tough, but 14 is a lot.  I can't bet it.
  Post #: 113
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 1:05:15 PM   
Pete M.

From the start of it, let's hope Dustin didn't put money on Duke. They still look flustered offensively--Miami's 2-1-2 is throwing them for a loop. Singler hasn't been right for about 2-3 weeks.
Post #: 114
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 1:15:48 PM   
Pete M.

Miami's doing a good job extending the zone and giving Duke some different looks, but there is absolutely NO reason why Duke should look so completely clueless against a relatively simple defense. For the talent Duke has, this is inexcusable. A 12-point deficit at home against Miami is never okay.
Post #: 115
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 1:17:48 PM   
Pete M.

And yeah, they're 5-25, so they're obviously struggling from the field--but when you're taking as many 25-footers and contested, 1-on-1 shots late in the clock as they are, that number starts to make a little more sense. 
Post #: 116
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 1:18:32 PM   
quote:

I love Syracuse +5.5 today at Nova.

What a beatdown.

Have to get it back tonight with Michigan +17.5 at UConn
  Post #: 117
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 1:21:23 PM   
Paulus is really becoming a liability on that team. 
  Post #: 118
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 1:22:46 PM   
How can you allow the best shooter in the country open looks?
  Post #: 119
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 1:23:22 PM   
They're really losing it on both ends of the floor.
  Post #: 120
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 1:24:18 PM   
Pete M.

A Duke team with 19 points at the half? Get your act together, K, because this is embarrassing.
Post #: 121
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 1:26:15 PM   
Pete M.

quote:

Paulus is really becoming a liability on that team. 

Yeah, when he's not hitting open shots, he's a complete waste. But with the way Nolan Smith is regressing, you don't have a lot of options right now.
Post #: 122
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 2:36:06 PM   
Steve Lentz

McClinton is a player. WOW.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 123
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 2:58:02 PM   
Pete M.

Yeah, good thing Henderson stepped it up that half. McClinton is an absolute beast. 
Post #: 124
RE: College Basketball - 2/7/2009 3:14:06 PM   
Steve Lentz

The shortest team in the nation just upset 17th ranked Texas.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: College Basketball Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode