Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/29/2014 11:29:55 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

No offense whatsoever. I really feel no connection to Eden Prairie now. I would probably feel the same way you do if I wasn't from there.

I just can't wrap my head around 800 per grade level. How do you do pull that off? Is it nuts?

I've lived in a town with less than 800 people.

It's crazy. And they made the executive decision to never split into two or more high schools because they would lose that competitive edge in sports. I may have made up the reason they won't split, but that's the result.

The bad news is that the teams are all comprised of the cream of a very large crop, but it means that all of the other kids, many of whom may be very good players, never have a chance to make the team. Same goes for drama club, choir, band, etc. The school is just too dang big.

My son is a Freshman this year at Eden Prairie High School. He's in the Band. Couldn't make the freshman Soccer team. for the very reason that you list above. Just so many good players in Eden Prairie.

It should be about education...But I can't complain bcz Eden Prarie is up there in those standings too.

Current system is too entrenched, but this is why a club system as in Europe vs a school-centered system for sports makes some sense. You lose some things too, but it's ridiculous that opportunities shut down for kids that early.
Post #: 851
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/30/2014 9:12:25 PM   
Ricky J

Darrick Chatman-Chap ‏@iCoordinate321 9h9 hours ago
BREAKING NEWS: our @PastorRandallC Has accepted the HEAD COACHING POSITION AT SIVERADO HIGH LV @ESPNNFL @FredMcCrary
Post #: 852
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/1/2015 10:17:04 AM   
Todd M

How was your New Years?

This post will make it difficult to maintain my rock star status around here but...

I had alcohol in the house...didn't touch a drop and was in bed before midnight.

Mostly drained after seeing the inlaws for the 3rd time in a week. They do Xmas eve, Xmas, and New Years because it's grandpa's bday. Everyone is sick of each other by then and inevitably my wife leaves in tears. Fun stuff!

Gonna make some changes this year. Not going to Johnny Manziel it up by being more about words than actions...so I'm just gonna do...

Good luck to all my friends here. I hope 2015 is a great year for everyone. Whatever that means to you.
Post #: 853
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/1/2015 10:32:44 AM   
Ricky J

Not much different than any other night during Christmas vacation for me this year. DJ had to work at 5a. I watched Lincoln and read till 1a.

Took me until the second fire works to remember it was January 1, 2015.

Life is good!
Post #: 854
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/1/2015 11:40:18 AM   
Lynn G.

Even when I was young, right out of college, with no kids, etc. I saw New Year's Eve as the perfect night to stay home. The drunk drivers, the crowds, the expensive booze and food ... not for me.

So New Year's eve here was a quiet night, unfortunately watching the Wild flail and fail, working a jigsaw puzzle and then reading (like Ricky) until 1 a.m.

In other words - very nice (except for the part about the Wild).

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 855
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/1/2015 11:46:27 AM   
SoMnFan

I did the old fuddy-duddy thingy when I was raising kids.
Wife and I are now empty-nesters.
Spent six hours in a rink, three hours on a bus, and then went out bar-hoppin until 2 am with the Missus.
Singin and dancin and drinkin. All .... badly.
And now I'm workin all day. Life is grand here, too.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 856
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/1/2015 11:48:02 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I've been to NYC for New Years and DC for the 4th. I beg of all you, don't DO IT! It's miserable beyond words.
Post #: 857
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/1/2015 12:18:44 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I've been to NYC for New Years and DC for the 4th. I beg of all you, don't DO IT! It's miserable beyond words.

That's funny. Could be on some people's bucket lists. For me, more of a 4th of July guy. Here, our 'grand finales' are your guys' warm up.

What's the common theme...huge crowds of ridiculous people?
Post #: 858
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/1/2015 12:48:49 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Yes and neither serves alcohol or allows it in (DC doesn't even allow coolers any more).  So what that does is makes idiots get drunk before hand.  Now imagine 1 million drunk ppl in a small  area with limited bathroom access.  Now, use your imagination. 
Post #: 859
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/4/2015 1:57:20 PM   
Chris Olson

Wow...really great piece on Stuart Scott on ESPN's homepage

For all we rip on ESPN, those guys are the backdrop of many of our daily (sports) lives...

And Stu was as good as any

RIP
Post #: 860
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/4/2015 2:24:39 PM   
ambear

+1. One of the good guys, and did some of their best commercials.
Post #: 861
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/26/2015 7:06:34 PM   
Todd M

http://allrecipes.com/video/3256/jalapeno-popper-grilled-cheese-sandwich/detail.aspx?lnkid=fb1484

Make this. Add it to the rotation. Find happiness.
Post #: 862
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/26/2015 9:00:18 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

http://allrecipes.com/video/3256/jalapeno-popper-grilled-cheese-sandwich/detail.aspx?lnkid=fb1484

2 of them would make a great breakfast. Yum
Post #: 863
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 6:50:44 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

Looks good. In Texas and the Southwest, we put the cream cheese and herbs inside a split jalapeño and then wrap that sucker w/ bacon.

When I was in a hotel room in Minny, I casually ordered a pizza and asked for peppers w/ sausage. They brought me banana peppers instead of jalapeños. I was horrified. Just cultural miscommunication, I guess.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 864
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 6:55:09 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

quote:

quote:

Looks good. In Texas and the Southwest, we put the cream cheese and herbs inside a split jalapeño and then wrap that sucker w/ bacon.

When I was in a hotel room in Minny, I casually ordered a pizza and asked for peppers w/ sausage. They brought me banana peppers instead of jalapeños. I was horrified. Just cultural miscommunication, I guess.

I do up jalapeno poppers all the time but for some reason, probably laziness, never with bacon. I've also taken to making poblano pepper poppers.

I'm a huge jalapeno fan but on a pizza I think the banana peppers are better.

If you try the grill cheese I recommend fresh jalapeno not the pickled ones.
Post #: 865
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 7:10:58 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I do up jalapeno poppers all the time but for some reason, probably laziness, never with bacon. I've also taken to making poblano pepper poppers.

Yep, fresh is always the way to go if you can. Life is playing a cruel trick on me because the older I'm getting, my stomach can't handle overly spicy stuff. I did make some authentic Cajun gumbo w/ the roux at the bottom. Good stuff.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 866
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 7:30:02 PM   
Todd M

quote:

Yep, fresh is always the way to go if you can. Life is playing a cruel trick on me because the older I'm getting, my stomach can't handle overly spicy stuff. I did make some authentic Cajun gumbo w/ the roux at the bottom. Good stuff.

Nice.

I used to put hot sauce on my suicide wings. Now I just try and enjoy things around the jalapeno level. Threw out some good hot sauces. If I take my medicine I usually win the heartburn battle. Some day decisions will have to be made. Today is not that day!
Post #: 867
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 7:30:05 PM   
El Duderino

My wife has started growing serrano and red chilli peppers. The serranos are my fave - hotter than jalapeño, but nowhere near as hot as a habanero. Throw three of those in with an onion, sauté/caramelize to your liking, and add to anything for sweet, savory, spicy delight.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 868
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 7:39:22 PM   
Todd M

Mmmmm I'm all about sweet heat lately.

Never had a serrano pepper. Will have to find a store that carries them and give them a try.
Post #: 869
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 7:40:54 PM   
Todd M

In fact - just tried this tonight:

http://shoptezuma.com/products/clemente-jacques-chopped-sweet-hot-chipotle-peppers-squeezable-7oz

Liked it.
Post #: 870
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 7:56:37 PM   
El Duderino

That looks like just the sort of thing I would like.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 871
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 9:52:54 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

Here in the dessert we usually chop the cooked bacon up and mix it in with the cheese to stuff in the jalapenos. Still really good. Pizza definitely should have jalapenos or crushed red peppers on it. Sorry to here about your Minny experience.
Post #: 872
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 9:58:36 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I showed the recipe to my daughter last night and we discussed fresh vs pickled and she said lets use both. And so we will. She also decided that we need more cheese. I love that girl.
Post #: 873
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 10:10:07 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My dad grew up in N'awlins, but, my mom who's German never learned to make gumbo. I guess it was too strange of a food to her. Only time we got to have it was at grandmas house. When I got married my grandma taught my wife to make gumbo and other yummy Cajun dishes. Forever indebted to grandma.
Post #: 874
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 1/27/2015 10:10:12 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I showed the recipe to my daughter last night and we discussed fresh vs pickled and she said lets use both. And so we will. She also decided that we need more cheese. I love that girl.

Awesome. I think it's cool your going to make it.
Post #: 875
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode