Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 5/18/2015 9:16:28 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I had the chance to try Golden Corral for the 1st time.

Was expecting an inferior buffet. Did lunch not dinner...and was impressed.

All I ever do is Chinese buffets so I appreciated the variety. And I wouldn't have called 9 out of 10 offerings anything but above avg.

How the hell they make money is beyond me.

This
We feed our teams at these buffet places, I sit and marvel and always ask that question.
How the hell do they make money.

I haven't been to Mankato for awhile but I know they were going to shut down and feed the Vikings the one year we were there.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 6/8/2015 9:57:27 PM >
Post #: 901
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 5/18/2015 10:35:49 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

I had the chance to try Golden Corral for the 1st time.

Was expecting an inferior buffet. Did lunch not dinner...and was impressed.

All I ever do is Chinese buffets so I appreciated the variety. And I wouldn't have called 9 out of 10 offerings anything but above avg.

How the hell they make money is beyond me.

This
We feed our teams at these buffet places, I sit and marvel and always ask that question.
How the hell do they make money.

The one in Marshall did go out of business didn't it? And Pizza Hut? And Starbucks? And the KFC A&W combo? And the Chalet? Dang man why does Marshall seem to lose so many restaurants?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 902
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 5/18/2015 10:48:01 PM   
SoMnFan

Fussy people who whine about lack of choices and then are too cheap to regularly patronize the ones they do get.
Or
Perceived lack of wheelchair accessibility (as chronicled in today's Strib article)
When in truth, thanks to SMSU, it's probably the most-wheelchair-accessible small town in America.

Not sure David.
The first one is my opinion.
As you may know, it becomes a ghost town on weekends. Everyone heads to the lake on Thursday-Monday.
There are a core of about fifty people (Wife and I Included) who try like hell to keep places in business by showing up and enjoying.
That's not enough in a town this size.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 903
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 5/18/2015 11:09:27 PM   
David F.

quote:

Fussy people who whine about lack of choices and then are too cheap to regularly patronize the ones they do get.
Or
Perceived lack of wheelchair accessibility (as chronicled in today's Strib article)
When in truth, thanks to SMSU, it's probably the most-wheelchair-accessible small town in America.

Not sure David.
The first one is my opinion.
As you may know, it becomes a ghost town on weekends. Everyone heads to the lake on Thursday-Monday.
There are a core of about fifty people (Wife and I Included) who try like hell to keep places in business by showing up and enjoying.
That's not enough in a town this size.

Well as long as Hunan Lion, Varsity Pub, McDonalds, and Papa Johns stick around I'm set. I heard the Mexican place is really good but I haven't been there yet. The Hitching Post is good too. Is the Italian place where The Bistro used to be any good?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 904
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 5/18/2015 11:12:33 PM   
SoMnFan

Yep.
Has stayed the hot spot for awhile.
For some reason people are continuing to fill it most nights.
The Schwans people need a place to call their own.
It's good and fairly reasonable for a "fancy" menu.
No burgers or regular apps there, which usually drives Marshall people crazy.
But it's working.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 905
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 5/29/2015 9:56:18 AM   
https://www.thepurplestore.com/

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 906
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/1/2015 11:20:05 AM   
Todd M

The baseball guys don't want to play...

Take a look at these videos and tell me what you think. Some people think this is a real person with a disability. I say no way ligaments and the like can withstand pressure at those angles without snapping.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=376_1433037178

https://instagram.com/p/24MQLUKgVJ/

Puppet, CGI, or real person?

I CAN'T buy that it's a real person...
Post #: 907
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/8/2015 6:31:51 PM   
Todd M

Only $1600 (Canadian)

Have a laugh and check out some of their other ridiculous insanely overpriced garbage.
https://www.ssense.com/en-us/women/product/ashish/blue-oversized-jean-jumpsuit/1170743
Post #: 908
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/16/2015 3:21:13 PM   
This has been making the rounds on Face Book but I chuckle every time I see it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU2hy0L5lgg

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 909
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/16/2015 3:34:24 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

This has been making the rounds on Face Book but I chuckle every time I see it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU2hy0L5lgg

Damn they're pretty good but the backing band really kind of steals the show if you ask me.

Post #: 910
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/21/2015 11:26:11 AM   
Lynn G.

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads here, and to all of our own dads, both here and beyond.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 911
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/21/2015 8:40:18 PM   
Ward Peterson

This year I spent most of January on Maui. I took my fathers World War II Marine Corps memorabilia with me as the Story of Hawaii Museum was doing a special dedication to the old Camp Maui Marine Base. Both my dad and Thom Quints dad were stationed there for training before they were shipped off to Iwo Jima for the invasion. While on Maui, I met Tim Bauer who runs a private museum of his own. He now lives on the land the old Marine camp was on and has a landscaping business, so he is constantly digging up old artifacts that were buried over when they closed the camp after the war. He did a real nice job making a presentation of my dads photos and posting them on his website. It has been a bucket list item of mine to get this stuff up and out of my man cave so more people could see it. If you're interested it's ...4TH Marine Division Camp Maui Relics Museum...my dad is under Photo Album#1.

Happy fathers day dad.

You are missed by many

Biathlon, the original Norwegian drive-by
Post #: 912
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/21/2015 9:13:26 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ward Peterson

This year I spent most of January on Maui. I took my fathers World War II Marine Corps memorabilia with me as the Story of Hawaii Museum was doing a special dedication to the old Camp Maui Marine Base. Both my dad and Thom Quints dad were stationed there for training before they were shipped off to Iwo Jima for the invasion. While on Maui, I met Tim Bauer who runs a private museum of his own. He now lives on the land the old Marine camp was on and has a landscaping business, so he is constantly digging up old artifacts that were buried over when they closed the camp after the war. He did a real nice job making a presentation of my dads photos and posting them on his website. It has been a bucket list item of mine to get this stuff up and out of my man cave so more people could see it. If you're interested it's ...4TH Marine Division Camp Maui Relics Museum...my dad is under Photo Album#1.

Happy fathers day dad.

You are missed by many

Sounds like quite a man. Like father, like son.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 913
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/22/2015 8:46:01 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

Happy fathers day dad.

You are missed by many

That's an awesome tribute to your father.
Post #: 914
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/22/2015 10:30:15 AM   
SoMnFan

Great stuff Ward.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 915
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/22/2015 11:13:38 PM   
Ward Peterson

Thanks guys, you can see why I needed to get this out there for people to see. Not only pictures, but pictures with NAMES....very rare. How many of these guys didn't make it home? Is this the last picture taken of someones grandfather? And if so, wouldn't you want a copy?! I have been doing a lot of research about these guys. I read Tom Brokaw's book on the greatest generation and things just hit home in a big way. Part of the reason I was gone for a year on this talk board. It's the least I could do for a kid that lied about his age and joined up at 17. Had never been out of Cook County Minnesota. Shipped off to Camp Pendleton..and then the Pacific. Can't imagine the guts it took. And he never talked about any of it.

Talk to the old timers.

Sometimes all they need to open up is to see someone actually wants to listen.

Biathlon, the original Norwegian drive-by
Post #: 916
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/23/2015 6:03:13 AM   
Todd M

quote:

It's the least I could do for a kid that lied about his age and joined up at 17.

I wonder how prevalent that was. Seems the majority of vets I've worked with did the same thing.
Post #: 917
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/23/2015 7:54:31 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

It's the least I could do for a kid that lied about his age and joined up at 17.

I wonder how prevalent that was. Seems the majority of vets I've worked with did the same thing.

As someone who deals with 17 year olds on a regular basis, its an amazing thought. (what some decided to take on)
Same here, Todd, knew a ton of Vietnam vets (as well), who broke rules to get in. Amazing.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 918
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/23/2015 8:39:22 AM   
quote:

Thanks guys, you can see why I needed to get this out there for people to see. Not only pictures, but pictures with NAMES....very rare. How many of these guys didn't make it home? Is this the last picture taken of someones grandfather? And if so, wouldn't you want a copy?! I have been doing a lot of research about these guys. I read Tom Brokaw's book on the greatest generation and things just hit home in a big way. Part of the reason I was gone for a year on this talk board. It's the least I could do for a kid that lied about his age and joined up at 17. Had never been out of Cook County Minnesota. Shipped off to Camp Pendleton..and then the Pacific. Can't imagine the guts it took. And he never talked about any of it.

Talk to the old timers.

Sometimes all they need to open up is to see someone actually wants to listen.

Whew, I thought you were pissed at me for some post about Ponder is why you stayed away from the board....

Seriously great stuff Ward....

I only wish more people realized how great the greatest generation truly was....

Post #: 919
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/28/2015 10:09:50 AM   
Todd M

quote:

I know everyone's mind is elsewhere but I wanted to share my invention/creation any way.

Honey garlic lasagna.

Cooked up some ground beef, added in mushrooms and onions. Cooked er up good and added some honey garlic sauce - reduced it down.

Sauce on the bottom >noodles > sauce w/beef mixture > noodles > sauce w/beef mixture >noodles >tons of cheese.

Amazing!

But...

I'm going to take it a bit further next time and make 'Super lasagna'.

What I found was the bottom layer was slipping around a bit much so what I'm going to do is two separate lasagnas - eliminating the bottom layer on each and then add them together making a 4 layer lasagna with double the awesome top cheese part!

I improved upon this.

I chopped up a bunch of garlic and cooked it up with mushrooms, onion, and jalapeno.

Then I threw some seasoned chicken thighs in the oven.

Then I mixed the chicken, mushrooms/onion/jalapeno, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese - and made roll ups with the lasagna noodles.

Put a layer of honey garlic sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Laid in the roll ups and topped it with honey garlic sauce. Then added a ton of mozzarella cheese on top - though I think it would have been better if I waited closer to the end to add the top layer of cheese...

She's a keeper!
Post #: 920
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/28/2015 12:10:20 PM   
Lynn G.

It does sound awfully good. I would have to substitute turkey because I have a husband who won't eat chicken (but he'll still eat turkey, go figure).

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 921
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/28/2015 12:18:51 PM   
Todd M

I don't see why turkey wouldn't work.

Does someone cook for you (favorite meal?) on your BDay or do you go out?
Post #: 922
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/28/2015 12:40:41 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Lisa cooks for me all the time (or we cook together) during the year, so birthday's we go out for big time meals.
Post #: 923
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/29/2015 9:59:16 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Lisa cooks for me all the time (or we cook together) during the year, so birthday's we go out for big time meals.

Unless I'm on vacation I'd just as soon stay in any more. Partly money, partly social.

We can get pretty good bang for the buck on my favorite meal. Rib steak with melted cheese and Heinz 57 sauce. (steak lovers with a collective cringe) Escargot with garlic and cheese. Re-stuffed baked potato with garlic, cheese, and jalapeno. If it's a good year some shrimp in garlic butter.

That's almost last meal worth to me. Minus the lobster and crab.
Post #: 924
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 6/29/2015 10:26:34 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Not since I still lived at home with mom. I suspect that more men than women will report that someone cooks a special meal for them.

Post #: 925
Page:   <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode