Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 11/5/2014 1:03:29 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

It's the water cooler thread, right?
I flew down to New Orleans for the weekend and had a couple dozen oysters at the Acme Oyster House.
Went straight to the airport and flew home.
Near the end of the flight I was feeling a little queasy.
I had band practice that evening and took the Train to the Plane to Manhattan from JFK.
A couple of guys met me at 42nd Street and we took the D train together.
A lot of it is a blur after that but in a nutshell I started writhing in agony and laid down across a few seats on the train.
A cop comes in ... billy clubs the bottom of my feet and tells me to get up.
My two friends are telling him I'm sick etc...
He lifts me up and when the doors open throws me off the train.
Can't remember the stop but at that point I hobbled to the mens room.
No seat (not seat cover, no seat) on the toilet.
I splashed my ass down on it and sat there for 20 minutes until the ambulance arrived (my friends had called).
Took me to the hospital where tests revealed I had ingested a bacteria native to only New Orleans and Louisiana.
Took them a day to get the right anti-biotic in me via IV.
Felt better 24 hours later.

I have never eaten an oyster since.

Soooo, it sounds like you didn't have to stand in line.
Post #: 826
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 11/5/2014 1:53:31 PM   
hagar

Rob Lowe's shy bladder commercial. Funny or bad taste?
Post #: 827
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 11/5/2014 1:57:26 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Yeah. Try having an intestinal malfunction brought on by food poisoning in a NYC subway men's room.

That's why I never eat in NYC subway restrooms

Thanks for a true LOL moment.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 828
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 11/5/2014 4:07:01 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

Hilarious. Best one of the 3 different ones I have seen.
Post #: 829
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 11/5/2014 7:09:43 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I haven't seen any of them because I always skip through the commercials. Since I read that people are complaining about them I have to find them now.
Post #: 830
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 11/5/2014 7:12:22 PM   
hagar

quote:

quote:

Yeah. Try having an intestinal malfunction brought on by food poisoning in a NYC subway men's room.

That's why I never eat in NYC subway restrooms

Post #: 831
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 11/5/2014 8:23:49 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I haven't seen any of them because I always skip through the commercials. Since I read that people are complaining about them I have to find them now.

There's a 5000 man shy bladder protest scheduled in front of Lowe's house.
Post #: 832
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 11/5/2014 8:29:09 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

There's a 5000 man shy bladder protest scheduled in front of Lowe's house.

I guess his landscaping is safe from any liquid damage. Or will they all be drinking massive amounts of coffee to, you know, force the issue.
Post #: 833
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 11/6/2014 6:58:44 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

Took me to the hospital where tests revealed I had ingested a bacteria native to only New Orleans and Louisiana.

AKA Bobby Jindal.
Post #: 834
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/9/2014 9:50:26 AM   
Todd M

Well....I'm off to get eaten by a snake...

And I don't plan on pussing out just because my arm starts to hurt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHfaz7z2z-U

Eaten alive 2 hour special...where no one is eaten alive.

Pretty much the whole premise was a joke. Even if that snake was big enough to eat a grown man in body armour...which it wasn't...a snakes squeezes the life out of it's prey and crushes it's bones to make swallowing easier. This guy was way way way too active to be eaten. And far too large. Which I would be as well, damn. Need like an Ian size person to make this work.
Post #: 835
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/15/2014 9:25:27 PM   
Ricky J

Anything happening over at the AD thread?
Post #: 836
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/15/2014 10:23:44 PM   
David F.

If I had to guess I'd say there are about eleven straight pages of 'Goodell is dumb and should be fired' and 'southerners beat their kids all the time' and 'INJUSTICE!'. Just my guess.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 837
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/24/2014 3:39:12 PM   
Lynn G.

Merry Festivus, Happy Hannukkah, Happy Kawzaa and Merry Christmas to everyone here at Talk Vikes. May the New Year bring nothing but happiness, including championships for the Vikings, Twins, Wild and Timberwolves. Oh, and all of the Gopher teams and anyone but Eden Prairie for high school football.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 838
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/24/2014 3:42:16 PM   
David F.

I'm offended that you didn't wish a championship for the Lynx. Why is there a war on the Minnesota Lynx!?!?!!!?

Just kidding. Merry Christmas!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 839
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/24/2014 9:29:52 PM   
Lynn G.

Doh! I knew I'd forget some team. But in my defense, the Lynx has already had a couple of championships - so they're not due the way the others are.

Post #: 840
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/25/2014 10:04:18 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Merry Festivus, Happy Hannukkah, Happy Kawzaa and Merry Christmas to everyone here at Talk Vikes. May the New Year bring nothing but happiness, including championships for the Vikings, Twins, Wild and Timberwolves. Oh, and all of the Gopher teams and anyone but Eden Prairie for high school football.

How is that my humble alma mater has become the Edina of this era? Eden Prairie was where Edina mom's moved after the divorce. Now it's unrecognizable
Post #: 841
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/25/2014 10:33:03 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

How is that my humble alma mater has become the Edina of this era? Eden Prairie was where Edina mom's moved after the divorce. Now it's unrecognizable

Your alma mater was corn fields not too long ago.
Post #: 842
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/25/2014 11:58:06 AM   
Lynn G.

Oops - nothing personal bohumm. It's just that it's tiresome to see the same team, which comes from a school of 800 per grade level and thus has the decks all neatly stacked in their favor, win every year. I actually went to high school with their head coach (and had a goofy crush on him at the time), but they've had way more than their share of wins. It's someone else's turn.

Post #: 843
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/25/2014 12:32:04 PM   
Todd M

Post #: 844
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/25/2014 4:32:59 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Oops - nothing personal bohumm. It's just that it's tiresome to see the same team, which comes from a school of 800 per grade level and thus has the decks all neatly stacked in their favor, win every year. I actually went to high school with their head coach (and had a goofy crush on him at the time), but they've had way more than their share of wins. It's someone else's turn.

You had a crush on Bud Grant's son?
Post #: 845
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/25/2014 6:30:48 PM   
bohumm

No offense whatsoever. I really feel no connection to Eden Prairie now. I would probably feel the same way you do if I wasn't from there.
Post #: 846
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/25/2014 11:00:21 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

No offense whatsoever. I really feel no connection to Eden Prairie now. I would probably feel the same way you do if I wasn't from there.

I just can't wrap my head around 800 per grade level. How do you do pull that off? Is it nuts?

I've lived in a town with less than 800 people.
Post #: 847
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/25/2014 11:13:14 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

You had a crush on Bud Grant's son?

Heck yeah. And only partly because he was Bud Grant's son. He was also really cute (I know, not so much anymore) and both an athlete and a member of National Honor Society. Seemed like a nice guy and his dad showed up for all of our basketball and football games.

Post #: 848
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/25/2014 11:16:04 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

I just can't wrap my head around 800 per grade level. How do you do pull that off? Is it nuts?

It's crazy. And they made the executive decision to never split into two or more high schools because they would lose that competitive edge in sports. I may have made up the reason they won't split, but that's the result.

The bad news is that the teams are all comprised of the cream of a very large crop, but it means that all of the other kids, many of whom may be very good players, never have a chance to make the team. Same goes for drama club, choir, band, etc. The school is just too dang big.

Post #: 849
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 12/29/2014 10:35:05 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

It's crazy. And they made the executive decision to never split into two or more high schools because they would lose that competitive edge in sports. I may have made up the reason they won't split, but that's the result.

The bad news is that the teams are all comprised of the cream of a very large crop, but it means that all of the other kids, many of whom may be very good players, never have a chance to make the team. Same goes for drama club, choir, band, etc. The school is just too dang big.

My son is a Freshman this year at Eden Prairie High School. He's in the Band. Couldn't make the freshman Soccer team. for the very reason that you list above. Just so many good players in Eden Prairie.

It should be about education...But I can't complain bcz Eden Prarie is up there in those standings too.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 850
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode