Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/13/2015 10:48:34 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Happy birthday Toby!

I noticed that you kept yourself off the banner. Was that done in penance since you missed TGS's birthday?

Hope you have a swell day.

Hear hear.
You never get enough thanks for being one of the drivers of this bus we call TalkVikes.
Thanks and have a great day, Toby.

Add my voice to this as well. Thank you Toby and all the mods for making this the first place to find info on the Vikes.
Post #: 1026
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/13/2015 8:29:12 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Thanks

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1027
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/13/2015 10:36:49 PM   
Ricky J

Happy Birthday, Toby!
Post #: 1028
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/16/2015 6:46:56 AM   
Todd M

The Hulk describing my nights as a PSW sometimes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0KOz4eIpe8

5 minutes - if I'm lucky sometimes!

Not less than 50 trips to the bathroom for the 99 year old man I took care of the last couple of nights.
Post #: 1029
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/23/2015 9:55:54 AM   
Lynn G.

This might be one of the oddest questions of the month/year - but does anyone know how I can track down a mailing address for former Viking TE John Carlson who just retired from football? He doesn't have a website, and since he no longer plays for a team I can't mail something to him in care of the team.

I have some information for him about a potential career opportunity I am aware of (I know, that sounds shady but I swear it's legit) and I would like to at least send him some info. Do you suppose the Cardinals would forward mail to him if it arrives at their door?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1030
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/23/2015 10:13:37 AM   
David Levine

It doesn't appear very active, but you could try sending him a direct message on Twitter. Even if he doesn't really use it, he likely gets email alerts.

https://twitter.com/johncarlson_89
Post #: 1031
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/23/2015 10:52:25 AM   
DavidAOlson

I'm pretty sure the team would forward it, too. Try both.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1032
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/23/2015 11:00:45 AM   
JT2

Both the above, and you might also try his agent. I think he was represented by BTI Sports.
Post #: 1033
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/23/2015 11:24:11 AM   
David F.

I did some quick google searches and found that his father (also John Carlson) still teaches at Lichfield High School. You could probably just call him.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1034
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/23/2015 1:11:59 PM   
Bill Jandro

Pretty sure Carlson fled to Belize. He feared jail time from the money he stole from the Vikings.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1035
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/23/2015 2:13:25 PM   
Lynn G.

All good suggestions from everyone ...

... except Bill Jandro.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1036
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/23/2015 3:10:10 PM   
Lynn G.

Update: John Carlson Sr. is not listed in any of the school staff directories in Litchfield so I think perhaps he has retired. BUT I was able to find his home address, so I think I'll go that route and ask him to pass the correspondence along to John Jr.

I'll let you know if it works!

Post #: 1037
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/23/2015 3:17:22 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

All good suggestions from everyone ...

... except Bill Jandro.

What do you mean? You could have gone to belize to track him down. I will even help if you can get me there

Post #: 1038
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/24/2015 8:47:27 AM   
Lynn G.

Actually you've got a decent point, now that I think about it. Traveling to Belize (or maybe he went to St. Thomas, or Cancun) with the excuse of looking for him does have some merit. You start in Belize (sorry, you're on your own dime) and I'll take the St. Thomas burden.

Post #: 1039
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/24/2015 7:21:44 PM   
Bill Jandro

If I go to Belize I'm not coming back

Post #: 1040
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/24/2015 7:48:14 PM   
Todd M

Life is bullshit.

Why is this a thing? We have no fault insurance here in Ontario. 2 1/2 years ago I "followed too close" and gave a guy a tiny little bump that cause 0 damage to either car after sliding into him on a wet road. On my way to work in the morning.

At the time, the first he said to me was; "Call and ambulance". Right away I rolled my eyes and thought whatever but called, they came and took him away. The cop noted no damage and gave me a ticket for following too close.

Now there's this big thing where I have to call a guy, people have been trying to track me down for a while (I don't answer private names/unknown numbers) and if they don't track me down I'm "on my own, and will lose"...lose what?!?!?!

The car's been junked, was the wife's Aunt's car - that's how they tracked me down... and insurance cancelled - not too long after IIRC. Too many things broke at the same time - let it go.

Now I have to face Whiplash McGee in court?

Here in Ontario with no fault insurance when stuff happens you go through YOUR insurance. Am I somehow getting sued for this guy's lifetime of pain and suffering over following too close and giving him a love tap that caused no damage to either car. WTF!

I don't need this shit.

Even without all the information - it's not looking like happy happy fun time.
Post #: 1041
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/24/2015 7:51:07 PM   
stfrank

Sounds like a case of insurance fraud to me. There are a lot of slugs out there that make a living doing shit like that.
Post #: 1042
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/24/2015 8:00:36 PM   
SoMnFan

Damn Todd.
Some frustrating shit I bet.
Hang in there, and get some legal help.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1043
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/24/2015 8:37:47 PM   
Lynn G.

I agree - get legal help. It may end up costing about the same thing but if you can prevent an insurance fraud jerk from getting anything it will feel like a moral victory. Good luck.

Post #: 1044
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/24/2015 9:00:43 PM   
Todd M

I just don't understand what new information I bring to the table. Everything was recorded. At the time and in a follow up that iirc was through my insurance because these type of potentials. So let them do their thing...If I was criminally negligent for this it's something I would have been dealing with the whole time. No Fault Insurance I.E, his insurance should be dotting all the i's and crossing the t's on all this shit.

But the guy that tracked me down through my wife's Aunt is from some insurance company I have never dealt with. The message I got was they want to represent me and that they'd try a few methods to get a hold of me but if they were unsuccessful "I was on my own".

It just doesn't add up to me.

I've been lax on the address change and hate the phone but MY insurance would have my work info and my e-mail. Why is this guy calling the seller of a car hoping to make the connection that way? Why would you print an add in the paper hoping to prompt a response from me?

If this guy's all Joe Broke Neck and can't work - this is what you have insurance for...when incidental shit happens.
Post #: 1045
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/24/2015 9:03:51 PM   
Todd M

The chick that interviewed me I knew through 6 degrees of separation. She was the sister of a client I was working with. Not hard to make the follow through - work - message - call back.
Post #: 1046
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/24/2015 9:05:20 PM   
Todd M

And she was all like - yeah...hate these things too. Getting all the info...noting no damage, the fine I got for following too close. It being a formality thing...
Post #: 1047
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 7:39:34 AM   
Todd M

The name given to me for the insurance company I did not recognize but the phone number when I googled it is for the insurance company that I was with at the time.

That threw me off - but at least I know who's trying to get a hold of me.

Can't believe the route they took to track me down though. Like I said I won't answer unknown name private number calls or an e-mail that isn't from someone I know or clearly tagged for me...a call that had my insurance company's name or an e-mail flagged - Todd - important re: accident please contact X company asap would have worked.

Oh well...sweat this out till Monday to find out what kind of shitstorm to expect.
Post #: 1048
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 8:12:50 AM   
Bill Jandro

I'd counter sue for wasting your time. If nothing else when Whiplash McGee gets served those papers he may have to rethink his little scam

Post #: 1049
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 8:31:37 AM   
Todd M

I'm not really in a position to do anything wrt obtaining legal representation.

Now that I know who is chasing me down my expectation is that that's what your insurance does in these cases. I.E., provide representation.

If people start asking for money I'll have to do that 'a person who represents himself has a fool for a client' thing.

I still don't get what they hope to get out of me. I wasn't charged or criminally negligent causing this injury. I have nothing of value to sue me over. What are they going to do grab a portion of my small paychecks for the rest of my working life? Guess I'll find out more on Monday.
Post #: 1050
Page:   <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode