Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 10:45:24 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Thanks, 1000 deductible but our insurance is going after that too. We'll see!
Post #: 1076
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 11:00:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I would too...doesn't matter if the hose was bad or not...turn the damn washer off.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1077
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 1:46:50 PM   
El Duderino

So, I'm a month late to the party, but thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! I'm 40 now, but I don't feel a day over 12 - no doubt because y'all help keep me from taking (almost) anything too seriously!

The Dude Abides
Post #: 1078
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 1:53:23 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

I would too...doesn't matter if the hose was bad or not...turn the damn washer off.

Your insurance company will lose this one. The inspector wasn't negligent in any way by turning on the washer and leaving. Just be glad it was a busted hose as that's specifically a covered peril in almost all homeowners insurance policies. Your insurance company will pay for all the resulting damages but won't pay for the hose. P.S. I'm a nerd.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1079
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 2:02:02 PM   
El Duderino

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

Your insurance company will lose this one. The inspector wasn't negligent in any way by turning on the washer and leaving. Just be glad it was a busted hose as that's specifically a covered peril in almost all homeowners insurance policies. Your insurance company will pay for all the resulting damages but won't pay for the hose. P.S. I'm a nerd.

Back in 1998, we had some flooding in my apartment because a radiator pressure release valve was faulty. It ruined a bunch of furniture, so we asked our landlord to cover it. They refused, and we took them to small claims court. We lost. Basically, the judge said that if we had any case, it would have had to be against the manufacturer of the valve, as the apartment management had done nothing that could reasonably be expected to lead to the flooding. In retrospect, that seems fair, but at the time I was pissed because I hadn't done anything to lead to the flooding either. Sometimes you just have to take your lumps.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 1080
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 2:44:23 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

Hopefully, it all works out and your insurance rate doesn't take a hit.
Post #: 1081
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 2:45:47 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Duderino

quote:

quote:

quote:

Back in 1998, we had some flooding in my apartment because a radiator pressure release valve was faulty. It ruined a bunch of furniture, so we asked our landlord to cover it. They refused, and we took them to small claims court. We lost. Basically, the judge said that if we had any case, it would have had to be against the manufacturer of the valve, as the apartment management had done nothing that could reasonably be expected to lead to the flooding. In retrospect, that seems fair, but at the time I was pissed because I hadn't done anything to lead to the flooding either. Sometimes you just have to take your lumps.

Was your case against the apartment management, or against the property owner? Pretty sure the buck stops at the property owner, you would get yours from him, then HE would have to try to get HIS from the manufacturer of the valve.
Post #: 1082
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 2:48:04 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

That way Jeff can cheap out on another soon to burst hose.
Post #: 1083
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 4:41:45 PM   
El Duderino

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Was your case against the apartment management, or against the property owner? Pretty sure the buck stops at the property owner, you would get yours from him, then HE would have to try to get HIS from the manufacturer of the valve.

Against the ownership. Property management was just acting as their agent. The outcome of the case would indicate that this is not how it works.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 1084
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 9:15:59 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Against the ownership. Property management was just acting as their agent. The outcome of the case would indicate that this is not how it works.

You should have had an HO-4 policy for your stuff as well as for your own personal liability. P.S. Still a nerd.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1085
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 10:24:12 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe I should reword. IF you were going to get yours, you would be getting it from the property owner, not property management.
Post #: 1086
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/30/2015 5:40:31 PM   
Todd M

Check it out and tell me if it's just me...

On the early pages in the thread 'Pics of our posters' tell me if some of the pictures are replaced with $25 itune gift card advertisements...
Post #: 1087
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/30/2015 6:47:57 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Indeed, looks like the free image host we used went to crapola.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1088
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 10:22:19 AM   
Todd M

Laziest Thanksgiving dinner ever!

I only get turkey once maybe twice a year...and crave it big time. Just put a small one in for the wife and I.

Not bothering with mash and roast potatoes, veg, dinner rolls etc...

Just the turkey. Oh, and the gravy. What's my favorite part of a turkey dinner? Ripping off hunks and dipping it in gravy. Check! And turkey and bacon sandwiches...check!

**** all the other stuff. The prep and cleanup.

Probably the best part...just the wife and I...no in-laws!
Post #: 1089
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 10:38:24 AM   
SoMnFan

Happy Canadien Thanksgiving Todd!
Post #: 1090
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 10:40:40 AM   
Todd M

Thanks bud!

The day doesn't mean much to me. It's a holiday/day off though.

I'd just as soon we celebrated on the same day as you guys. Get THAT day off...watch football all day...
Post #: 1091
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 10:45:35 AM   
SoMnFan

Btw ... why DO we only eat that shit once a year?
Its awesome!
Never understood that.
Post #: 1092
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 10:49:02 AM   
Todd M

Me neither.

And the same thought rolls through my head every year from now until Xmas.
Post #: 1093
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 11:21:33 AM   
Toby Stumbo

I always buy an extra turkey or two during Thanksgiving when they are hella cheap so I make it at least 2 times a year.  BAM

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1094
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 11:22:53 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Me neither.

And the same thought rolls through my head every year from now until Xmas.

I thought you didn't do rolls. hardy har har
Post #: 1095
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 11:24:40 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Its awesome!
Never understood that.

We don't. We discovered that they sell turkey year round...
Post #: 1096
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 11:29:01 AM   
SoMnFan

Whaaaaaaa?
Post #: 1097
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 12:48:01 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Its awesome!
Never understood that.

We don't. We discovered that they sell turkey year round...

We do turkey dinners year round too....

We can usually get Grandma to throw together a couple pumpkin pies a few times too.......#drool

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 1098
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 10/12/2015 1:00:59 PM   
thebigo

Maybe I should work on thinning out the local herd.
Post #: 1099
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/16/2015 2:06:57 PM   
DeLain

https://www.google.com/search?q=jeep+extreme+purple&biw=1120&bih=633&tbm=isch&imgil=dejgw_FLwUykLM%253A%253BbVmiSLAUq-bV4M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.wranglerforum.com%25252Ff274%25252Fplum-crazy-looks-to-be-on-the-way-other-color-updates-1418770-2.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=dejgw_FLwUykLM%253A%252CbVmiSLAUq-bV4M%252C_&usg=__dodq2VodCcEN6aWlqfX1fyV1RNI%3D&ved=0CCYQyjdqFQoTCNu80JXclckCFQWZiAodyeUJOg&ei=LjRKVtvtBIWyogTJy6fQAw#imgrc=dejgw_FLwUykLM%3A&usg=__dodq2VodCcEN6aWlqfX1fyV1RNI%3D

I just special ordered the Black Bear blue version of this...now I see it comes in purple...
Post #: 1100
Page:   <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode