Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  41 42 [43] 44 45   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 9:35:11 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

The name given to me for the insurance company I did not recognize but the phone number when I googled it is for the insurance company that I was with at the time.

That threw me off - but at least I know who's trying to get a hold of me.

Can't believe the route they took to track me down though. Like I said I won't answer unknown name private number calls or an e-mail that isn't from someone I know or clearly tagged for me...a call that had my insurance company's name or an e-mail flagged - Todd - important re: accident please contact X company asap would have worked.

Oh well...sweat this out till Monday to find out what kind of shitstorm to expect.

Your insurance company is on the hook for whatever your bodiliy injury limit was on your policy. The no-fault of the other guys policy only pays so much and eventually quits. You also get free defense costs from your insurer. Get in touch with them. They're your best friends right now.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1051
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 9:46:45 AM   
Todd M

To be assured they're getting a call first thing Mon morning.

"Free defense"

If my insurance is on the hook why do they need me? At the very least they should be approaching me from a 'hey, can we get together to discuss...' not 'he's on his own and will lose if we don't get a hold of him and he's not there in court.'.
Post #: 1052
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 9:47:51 AM   
Todd M

What I'm defending and what I'm on the hook for is the mystery to me.
Post #: 1053
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 10:13:36 AM   
David F.

quote:

To be assured they're getting a call first thing Mon morning.

"Free defense"

If my insurance is on the hook why do they need me? At the very least they should be approaching me from a 'hey, can we get together to discuss...' not 'he's on his own and will lose if we don't get a hold of him and he's not there in court.'.

They need you because you are one being sued but they have to pay if you lose.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1054
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 10:16:48 AM   
David F.

quote:

The injured party is claiming damages due to your rear-ending him. Your insurance company could be made to pay up to whatever limit you carried on your policy for bodily injury. If the damages exceed your limit of insurance you could still have to pay whatever amount is awarded over your limits. That's pretty rare though. They usually settle for the limit of insurance. Either way, use the insurance company's lawyers. They're better than anyone you could hire on your own and it's free.

Post #: 1055
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 10:17:46 AM   
Bill Jandro

Unless it's some sort of civil case David is right on with your ins co thats on the hook. Usually the two ins co for each of you battle it out and moreorless just go off the police report.

Something smells awry with this.

Any attorneys on this board you could confide in?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1056
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 11:34:13 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

The injured party is claiming damages due to your rear-ending him. Your insurance company could be made to pay up to whatever limit you carried on your policy for bodily injury. If the damages exceed your limit of insurance you could still have to pay whatever amount is awarded over your limits. That's pretty rare though. They usually settle for the limit of insurance. Either way, use the insurance company's lawyers. They're better than anyone you could hire on your own and it's free.

There ya go. The next one you twist you should be able to enjoy in peace.
Post #: 1057
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 12:04:11 PM   
Todd M

IDK...will be nice to get the particulars directly from those involved. The message that trickled down to me involved me 'being on my own' and 'losing'...if they were unable to talk to me.

I literally could not have had more basic insurance than I did. Not a deep well there.
Post #: 1058
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 12:05:45 PM   
Todd M

quote:

If the damages exceed your limit of insurance you could still have to pay whatever amount is awarded over your limits. That's pretty rare though.

Gotcha. Appreciate your input.
Post #: 1059
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 12:13:02 PM   
Bill Jandro

I hear ya regarding screening your phone calls. We never even answer the land line. Hell I don't even open half my mail.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1060
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/25/2015 12:56:32 PM   
David F.

quote:

IDK...will be nice to get the particulars directly from those involved. The message that trickled down to me involved me 'being on my own' and 'losing'...if they were unable to talk to me.

I literally could not have had more basic insurance than I did. Not a deep well there.

When they say 'being on my own' they mean that you'll end up in court representing yourself instead of having the insurance company's two-floors-of-a-building army of lawyers working on it. You'll lose on your own. You'll likely win with them or they might even give in to a small settlement to make it go away. They are your best advocates right now.

Post #: 1061
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/27/2015 8:42:00 AM   
Todd M

David F was pretty much 100% on the mark.

Good thing I got a hold of them. At some point they would have removed me from the defense equation. Now that I have they'll represent me, for nothing, and I just have to re-dot the i's and cross the t's again.

So they'll fight it and this guy will have to prove he was wrecked and the min coverage I held, the legal min, is more than the guy would likely ever sniff out in a worst case scenario.

So I probably don't have too much to worry about.

Of course that didn't stop my brain from creating all sorts of things.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge guys. Esp for your input, David.
Post #: 1062
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/27/2015 8:43:11 AM   
Lynn G.

Glad things have smoothed over. Let us know how it ultimately turns out.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1063
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/27/2015 9:25:58 AM   
David F.

That was nice of you to say Todd. Thank you and good luck.

Post #: 1064
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/29/2015 9:03:05 AM   
joejitsu

A very Happy Birthday wish to the Dude! I hope you have a good one.
Post #: 1065
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/29/2015 10:08:16 AM   
Lynn G.

Happy birthday Dude!

In about a decade you'll probably start subtracting years off the official report like I do, but for now enjoy every tick of the meter.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1066
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/29/2015 11:53:28 AM   
Ricky J

Happy Birthday, Dude.

I dont know about you but I'm not subtracting nothing. I'm happy as heck I made it this far!

Post #: 1067
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/29/2015 12:58:03 PM   
Trekgeekscott

DUDE!!!!

At least you get a banner!

I'm not bitter at all.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1068
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/29/2015 1:09:07 PM   
SoMnFan

Haven't had much contact, Dude, but have always admired your posting style and class.
Have a great day.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1069
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 7/29/2015 1:13:38 PM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

David F was pretty much 100% on the mark.

Good thing I got a hold of them. At some point they would have removed me from the defense equation. Now that I have they'll represent me, for nothing, and I just have to re-dot the i's and cross the t's again.

So they'll fight it and this guy will have to prove he was wrecked and the min coverage I held, the legal min, is more than the guy would likely ever sniff out in a worst case scenario.

So I probably don't have too much to worry about.

Of course that didn't stop my brain from creating all sorts of things.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge guys. Esp for your input, David.

Well, he is an insurance professional...

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1070
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 10:08:27 AM   
Todd M

Could someone here please argue with me about how leaving a dryer door open after finishing laundry is a REAL concern for causing fires? Please?

Cause when clients call and complain about stuff like that and I have to get a phone call from my work about it I just have to eat it and say sure...I'll be careful to close the dryer door from now on and no, I'm not at all looking to argue simple science with them.
Post #: 1071
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 10:22:21 AM   
Jeff Jesser

If I'm walking by, and carrying logs that are on fire, and you leave that door open, I could run in to it, drop the logs on the kindle that was left on the floor and boom! Fire baby. Lets be smart about these things dude. It's really 1-2-3, do, ray me.
Post #: 1072
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 10:24:39 AM   
Todd M

carrying logs that are on fire...

I was not prepared to cover all my bases.
Post #: 1073
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 10:29:28 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I'm not an appliance guy, per se, but that does seem shady to me. We are in the process of selling a home in Virginia. We had the inspection 2 weeks ago. Inspector starts the inspection with the buyer on the top level (3 level townhome). They proceed to start the washing machine. He starts it, LEAVES AND GOES TO THE BASEMENT, to continue the inspection.

Do I even have to mention that the washer flooded so badly that it cost almost 10 grand in damage? He is claiming "not my fault, a hose busted". Which, is true (about the hose) but how about a little admission of negligence for leaving the scene all together?

Gonna be fun watching our insurance and his battle it out. I feel your pain.
Post #: 1074
RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread - 8/28/2015 10:33:58 AM   
Todd M

Mine is just a mild irritant. Your deal is a huge pain in the ass. Hope it doesn't cost you dime one. Good luck.
Post #: 1075
Page:   <<   < prev  41 42 [43] 44 45   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes Water Cooler Thread Page: <<   < prev  41 42 [43] 44 45   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode