Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/16/2015 2:53:15 PM   
Todd M

Shotgun!
Post #: 1101
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/22/2015 7:49:32 AM   
Todd M

Doubling down on this one. Also, I know a lot of you are ascared to leave the comforts of the Vikings thread...

Not sure I'll be able to drum up any conversation with this but I'm bored and at work so...

I miss arcades. Though I'm not sure how any of us survived sharing joysticks and buttons with a bunch of (other) snot nosed kids without alcohol sanitizer...

Which machines did you guys pump the most quarters into?

For me:

Pinbot. Greatest pinball game ever.

Galaga. Though I could go for quite a while on a quarter. Yes I used the bumble bee stop them from being able to shoot cheat.

Ghosts N Goblins. I could NEVER beat the damn game. I didn't even know until decades later which weapon even killed the damn devil thingy at the end...so I never even got to experience the frustration of being sent back to the beginning to have to do it all over a 2nd time.

Dragons Layer. The only fully rendering cartoon game I liked. I sucked at it though.
Post #: 1102
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/22/2015 8:28:53 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Build a MAME. It's not hard, especially if you can do wood work. The electronics are easy.
Post #: 1103
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/22/2015 8:32:51 AM   
Todd M

Those things are cool. I do totally want one.

Don't underestimate my uselessness though...
Post #: 1104
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/22/2015 12:14:36 PM   
David F.

The guy I share my seats with has one of those MAME's and so does my brother-in-law. SO MUCH FUN!!! We even keep a white board over my friend's one that shows the high scores and the date they were achieved.

I spent the most on Karate Champ, Galaga, and Elevator Action. Later in high school I probably put $300 into Star Trek Pinball in one summer.

You should just get someone to make you one of those MAME's. They are awesome!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1105
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/22/2015 12:48:05 PM   
Todd M

quote:

Karate Champ

Loved that one. Though I don't think I ever progressed passed the midway point...

quote:

You should just get someone to make you one of those MAME's. They are awesome!

Well dammit I'll start asking around then. Hey Daaaaave...watcha doin....?
Post #: 1106
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/22/2015 12:56:14 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I've built one before man. It's seriously not hard. The hard part is making it look game room worthy. Mine worked like a (Karate) champ but looked like shit.

Wife would let me bring it in the house!
Post #: 1107
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/22/2015 12:57:02 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I tried making mine from scratch (the cabinet). What most people do is find an old console, ala Gallaga or something, and just gut the inside so they don't have to worry about the cab.
Post #: 1108
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/28/2015 9:25:32 AM   
Todd M

Do you guys get Golden Grahams where you are? Are they made by General Mills with 'whole grain'?

**** General Mills and their whole grain BS.

Here they call them Golden Grahams 'Crunch' now...which I believe is new thing. And is a slap in the face. Add in the word crunch when they might be the worst cereal when milk is added...instant sog.

What happened to all the good kiddie cereals? Fewer and fewer seem to be made with corn. Which is a billion times better than whole grains...
Post #: 1109
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/28/2015 10:49:25 AM   
Jeff Jesser

People (or sheeple) in the States are generally idiots. We've been 'taught' that corn is bad and anything "whole grain" is good. It's a marketing thingy. I swear people down here would eat a deep fried whole grain milk shake, surrounded by 'whole grain' fried eggs and swear it was healthy.
Post #: 1110
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/28/2015 5:06:10 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Corn, wheat and pretty much anything else corporate America grows is horrible for you. Yay

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1111
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/28/2015 8:31:24 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

Corn, wheat and pretty much anything else corporate America grows is horrible for you. Yay

How about corporate Canada?
Post #: 1112
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/29/2015 7:53:06 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Sure, you betcha.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1113
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/21/2016 5:41:45 AM   
SoMnFan

Hope you have a great Birthday, Sammy!

Maybe next year ... you get that Viking SB win you've always been asking for.

Post #: 1114
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/21/2016 9:06:04 AM   
Lynn G.

Happy anniversary of your day of birth Sammy!

And I second the motion that you get a Superbowl victory for next year's birthday (and for three or four after that).

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1115
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/21/2016 9:07:15 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Happy Birthday Sammy...

Take a few moments to savor all the things that are better because of you, today and into the future.

Have a great day.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1116
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/21/2016 9:40:49 AM   
Ricky J

Happy Birthday, Sammy!
Post #: 1117
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2016 11:54:54 AM   
Todd M

Just got back from the Dr's. Got some blood work done. For those that don't know I recently lost a brother to liver cancer. He was 50. My mom died of liver cancer when she was 46...so I figured I'd do some investigatory blood work to see where my health is at...

Dummied myself and have diabetes and "sky high" cholesterol. A good combo I hear if you're looking to live a long life...

Injections, medication, and a complete lifestyle change in my future now I guess. Not sure I have the latter in me. Scary to think that even though I'm a ticking time bomb now...was going to Taco Bell on my way home my best start? Probably not.

We talked about addiction recently. My addiction is to sugar and nicotine. Any 12 step programs for that?

I've ignored things for too long here. In all phases of my life. Now I'm just a fat, unemployed schlub that has to completely change his life around.

Giving 10-1 odds that I make 50, I'm 44. Any takers?
Post #: 1118
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2016 12:09:23 PM   
Lynn G.

That had to have felt like a punch in the gut and things probably look pretty bleak right now.

Perhaps the answer is to immerse yourselves in stories of people who have overcome ridiculous odds to come out healthy on the other side. People who have willed themselves to get out and engage in active exercise even when they hated exercise when they started. Or those who have completely changed their diets when they have been diagnosed with something like Crone's disease, because it's either change your diet or suffer every day. There have been people told they would never walk again but with some luck, some wonderful therapy, and shear determination they prove people wrong.

My dad was told at some point in his 40's that he could either give up cigarettes or die (he smoked filterless Camels). He crumpled up his pack and never smoked again, even though my mother continued to smoke for another 20 years. He ended up living to age 72, which still felt too young to go but sure beat losing him at 48.

Knowing that it is possible to completely change a lifestyle is one part of the process. Tell your brain it really CAN be done. Actually doing it is another thing, of course and I know from my own triggers that it is always much easier said than done.

But it CAN be done.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1119
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2016 2:14:08 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Just got back from the Dr's. Got some blood work done. For those that don't know I recently lost a brother to liver cancer. He was 50. My mom died of liver cancer when she was 46...so I figured I'd do some investigatory blood work to see where my health is at...

Dummied myself and have diabetes and "sky high" cholesterol. A good combo I hear if you're looking to live a long life...

Injections, medication, and a complete lifestyle change in my future now I guess. Not sure I have the latter in me. Scary to think that even though I'm a ticking time bomb now...was going to Taco Bell on my way home my best start? Probably not.

We talked about addiction recently. My addiction is to sugar and nicotine. Any 12 step programs for that?

I've ignored things for too long here. In all phases of my life. Now I'm just a fat, unemployed schlub that has to completely change his life around.

Bullshit, suck it up little camper.
No ones dying until we win this thing.
Seriously tho, you'll get it right brother. No choice.
Sugar might kill me too, but I'm going down fighting, fight with me kid.
Post #: 1120
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2016 2:14:59 PM   
Toby Stumbo

"Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"  Watch it Todd!

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1121
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2016 2:25:37 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Bullshit, suck it up little camper.
No ones dying until we win this thing.
Seriously tho, you'll get it right brother. No choice.
Sugar might kill me too, but I'm going down fighting, fight with me kid.

Survival is the strongest instinct. SMF is right as usual. F I G H T!!!!!!! You're too tough not to Todd. Hell we all are fighting different issues. You've put yours on the table and you will find support from your brothers and sisters in here. We want you to stay around.

< Message edited by Steve Lentz -- 2/8/2016 4:47:52 PM >

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1122
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2016 3:02:37 PM   
Bill Jandro

Todd, we are creatures of habit. It's funny how we all want the bad habits and they're the hardest to kick.

Hang in there bro

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1123
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2016 3:23:39 PM   
Ricky J

F sugar!

F nicotine!

You got this!
Post #: 1124
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2016 4:28:02 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Todd..

your health is like a football in the Superbowl of life..

You just Fumbled!!

Are you gonna dive on it and take it back or are you gonna let Death and Disease run it back for a score and let them dance and "dab" on your grave?

Don't be like Cam!!

Get on the offensive and take the meds, make small changes one at a time.

Switch to diet soda, cut out sugar any way you can, buy leaner meat and more fruits and veggies..

cut down on the Cigs.. one cig less a day and in a month you will be on the brink of "done with this S**t"..

Get moderate exercise.. start slow.. work at it..

make it a simple thing you do first thing in the morning or last thing at night..

start with one sit up.. one push up.. walk down to the corner and back..

increase a little bit each day..

it adds up..

Jump on that Ball, TODD!!

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1125
Page:   <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode