Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/9/2009 3:41:15 PM   
Todd M

****ing car thiefs thinking no one is really hurt by their crimes. That or they don't care.

Nearly a year to the day some MF's stole my car again.

I was barely able to obtain a car with the insurance pay out last time. This time according to my agent I'll be lucky to get $500.

You know, you go about your business not bothering anyone or getting in any one's way and you're not paid back. Someone will screw you regardless.

Post #: 101
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/9/2009 4:04:17 PM   
Lynn G.

That is VERY disconcerting Todd. I can't imagine how angry I'd be if someone stole anything of mine, and especially some as big and necessary as my car. Best of luck with the insurance company.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 102
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/9/2009 4:08:08 PM   
Todd M

Thanks Lynn.

I was taking it in stide (car was stolen yesterday) having gone through it before but I didn't expect my car was that worthless. Considering I've put close to 2 grand into it the year I've had it.

Frustrating.
Post #: 103
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/9/2009 4:22:28 PM   
Lynn G.

You can appeal the amount that the insurance company awards though, right? If you can demonstrate (perhaps with saved receipts) how much you've put into the car - they may change their payout.

That happened to us once after a car accident. It was an old car that had been rebuilt. They wanted to total the car at the pitiful rate that an old model would have been worth, but when we showed them the receipts for everything we had put into it - they paid out a much higher value.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 104
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/9/2009 4:26:09 PM   
Todd M

Something I'll have to explore most certainly.
Post #: 105
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/9/2009 9:30:13 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGonz

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGonz

Okay, I have to ask because of DeLain's post. . .

Is there any discernable difference between Carl's Jr. and Hardees?  Because I've lived in a few different places here in the States, and I've seen a bunch of Hardee's around, but I don't ever recall seeing a Carl's Jr.  I know the logos are the same and everything, so are they essentially the same restaurant?

Hardees was bought out by the owner of Carl's Jr in 1997.  They don't have the same food though except for some new stuff.  I grew up with Hardees in Minnesota, but it doesn't exist on the west coast.  Carl's Jr is strictly southwest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardee's

Yeah, here in the South they have Hardee's, too.  I knew it was a Midwest thing as well, but I didn't know if the two could be used interchangably or not.

Thanks for clarifying!

There was a Hardees between college and my apartment in Maryland when I was in school, practically lived on the chili cheese dogs.
Post #: 106
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/10/2009 8:16:30 PM   
ok.. it is official.. the 2009-2010 season is underway...

not that Any or many of you will care, but as in the past .. everyone i have "blocked" during the off season, comes off for a "start of the new year.."

my disgust with our starting QB situation has not changed..

I would "prefer" T-Jack were the opening day starter, but the triangle of hypocrisy has decided otherwise, (sigh), bwett as Backup/very sparingly used, if at all... and almost anyone as QBOTF, (except booty), as our #3 or on the PS.

I will try to keep my comments restricted to the players, the coaching or the play calling, and not bag on anyone who worships "it's" ancient , cowardly, inept, destined to break your heart, "inability".

I know I have said this before and failed miserably, but you can't succeed at making a change in yourself if you quit trying and resign yourself to a "it is what it is" attitude.

I guarantee that certain posters will go right back on block, because my "serenity now" requires I ignore certain types of posters.

I will not be naming names, but If I never respond to a poster, or I ask someone, in a joking manner, to "please don't quote stuff like that".. you might get the idea.. you might not... some posters are totally oblivious to everything.

my Fanaticism has not changed.

Love the Vikings and 52 of 53 players... wish them all the best...

1 player can not be "forced to retire" soon enough for me, ever and that will never change, either.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 107
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/10/2009 9:26:54 PM   
Lynn G.

Go Vikes!

Post #: 108
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 12:30:58 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Danimal

not that Any or many of you will care, but as in the past .. everyone i have "blocked" during the off season, comes off for a "start of the new year.."

I would "prefer" T-Jack were the opening day starter, but the triangle of hypocrisy has decided otherwise, (sigh), bwett as Backup/very sparingly used, if at all... and almost anyone as QBOTF, (except booty), as our #3 or on the PS.

I will try to keep my comments restricted to the players, the coaching or the play calling, and not bag on anyone who worships "it's" ancient , cowardly, inept, destined to break your heart, "inability".

I know I have said this before and failed miserably, but you can't succeed at making a change in yourself if you quit trying and resign yourself to a "it is what it is" attitude.

I guarantee that certain posters will go right back on block, because my "serenity now" requires I ignore certain types of posters.

I will not be naming names, but If I never respond to a poster, or I ask someone, in a joking manner, to "please don't quote stuff like that".. you might get the idea.. you might not... some posters are totally oblivious to everything.

1 player can not be "forced to retire" soon enough for me, ever and that will never change, either.

The NFL is Fantastic.  The softer side of Danimal. 

I don't care who made the decision, but eliminating the ****billy Clubhouse was stupid, reactionary and without reason. 

This whole not watching the Vikings thing (with that hillbillyfuckcheesebastard) is not as easy as I thought, but I'm going to stay true to my word and what I believe in.  Catching a glimpse of the game tonight didn't make things any easier. 

I'll check in here from time to time and perhaps one of the Favre groupies can inform me when he gets benched or decides to quit. 
  Post #: 109
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 6:44:06 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pete C

quote:

I don't care who made the decision, but eliminating the ****billy Clubhouse was stupid, reactionary and without reason. 

This whole not watching the Vikings thing (with that hillbillyfuckcheesebastard) is not as easy as I thought, but I'm going to stay true to my word and what I believe in.  Catching a glimpse of the game tonight didn't make things any easier. 

I'll check in here from time to time and perhaps one of the Favre groupies can inform me when he gets benched or decides to quit. 

You should of just gave up meat instead.
Post #: 110
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 6:50:08 AM   
eduardo5046

quote:

Many here love you bro . Just be you and screw what people think !

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi”

Eduardo S Fernandez
Post #: 111
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 6:53:32 AM   
Todd M

1) The cops sure like to let you know early that they found your car.

2) They found my car.

3) This time, it was NOT wrapped around a hydro poll.

4) I sure hope my car is drivable.

5) Dan earning Fonzie cool points, Pete losing some.
Post #: 112
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 6:59:23 AM   
eduardo5046

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd Mallett

****ing car thiefs thinking no one is really hurt by their crimes. That or they don't care.

Nearly a year to the day some MF's stole my car again.

I was barely able to obtain a car with the insurance pay out last time. This time according to my agent I'll be lucky to get $500.

You know, you go about your business not bothering anyone or getting in any one's way and you're not paid back. Someone will screw you regardless.

Todd ,

You sent me a PM a few days ago about this and I have to say I am still laughing my ass off.

Not that I am unsympathetic to the problems this must be causing you . But that Canada must be much more different than the US than I thought or realized !

Here after your vehicle gets to be over a year old you actually wish someone would steal it!!! The problem is that unless it is a really high end vehicle in the first place nobody even wants to steal it when it is brand new much less an old wreck like you had ! Just no market for that shit !

Your only chance is some stupid kid that steals it for a joy ride and wrecks it and that is more than 1 in a million !

So although I empathize with your plight , I find it hilarious !!!

Good luck brother !!!

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Eduardo S Fernandez
Post #: 113
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:01:30 AM   
eduardo5046

quote:

2) They found my car.

What the hell is a hydro poll ?

Eduardo S Fernandez
Post #: 114
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:02:19 AM   
Todd M

Theives here seem to be target older cars w/o alarm systems and such for joy rides as much or more than thieves that are in it for the $.
Post #: 115
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:04:26 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: eduardo5046

quote:

2) They found my car.

You know, you take a pole - cars are run into polls.

Shut up Eduardo!
Post #: 116
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:04:35 AM   
quote:

quote:

2) They found my car.

Some things are better left between a boy and his monkey.
  Post #: 117
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:08:53 AM   
Todd M

Your only chance is some stupid kid that steals it for a joy ride and wrecks it and that is more than 1 in a million !

This was my best chance? A wrecked car and a $500 payout? I think getting my car back after (if) it passes inspection is just a tad bit better of a scenario.

Maybe last time. I got a couple G when they wrecked it. The value of this car after the deductible would have only been $500.
Post #: 118
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:12:57 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pete C

quote:

You should of just gave up meat instead.

Actually, I tried that about two years ago.  I lasted exactly eight weeks. 
  Post #: 119
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:17:31 AM   
eduardo5046

quote:

quote:

quote:

2) They found my car.

You know, you take a pole - cars are run into polls.

Shut up Eduardo!

I know what a telephone pile is  and a fire hydrant is , but a HYDRO POLE ?

Canada really is different ?

Eduardo S Fernandez
Post #: 120
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:21:59 AM   
eduardo5046

quote:

This was my best chance? A wrecked car and a $500 payout? I think getting my car back after (if) it passes inspection is just a tad bit better of a scenario.

Maybe last time. I got a couple G when they wrecked it. The value of this car after the deductible would have only been $500.

How much did you pay for it ?

Wait don't answer that , IF YOU PAID MORE THAN $500 you got took !

So it's your own fault !!!

Next time you might do a little research before you fork over the money for something that is worth 25% of what you are paying !!!

The best learned lessons usually cost you the most !

YOUR 30 SOMETHING YEARS OLD MONKEY BOY TIME TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND MAKE BETTER DECISIONS !!!

Eduardo S Fernandez
Post #: 121
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:23:01 AM   
Todd M

So it wasn't the homonym error - it was the actual Hydro pole itself that you were questioning?

They don't have Hyrdro poles throughout the States?

What's a telephone pile?

< Message edited by Todd Mallett -- 9/11/2009 7:25:15 AM >
Post #: 122
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:26:00 AM   
eduardo5046

Hey Mallet I have an idea make your monkey skip one treat tonight and go out and buy a fake LOJACK sticker for 50 cents and put it on your windshield next time !!!

Eduardo S Fernandez
Post #: 123
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:27:59 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

How much did you pay for it ?

Wait don't answer that , IF YOU PAID MORE THAN $500 you got took !

So it's your own fault !!!

Next time you might do a little research before you fork over the money for something that is worth 25% of what you are paying !!!

The best learned lessons usually cost you the most !

YOUR 30 SOMETHING YEARS OLD MONKEY BOY TIME TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND MAKE BETTER DECISIONS !!!

Dude, I spent $2000 on this car a year ago with the $2000 payout from my previously stolen vehicle.

A year later I would get $500 - $1500 less the $1000 deductible.

It's a 2000 chyrsler cirrus - I don't see how I got taken.
Post #: 124
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 9/11/2009 7:30:46 AM   
Todd M

I actually thought I got a deal on the car a year ago because we knew the people.

Sounds like I paid about what it was worth.
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode