Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  61 62 [63] 64 65   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/29/2016 9:05:36 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I guess the bulk of people are oh, he only sent his diabetes into remission in 6 months, see it all the time...

Sorry for being a jerk. Your progress has been enjoyable to follow along with. I'm jealous and feel some shame in that I've gained all 35 lbs back that I lost at the end of 2015. It makes it hard for me to comment even though it should make me want to encourage you all the more. Can't wait to see you in October. It will be here before we know it.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1551
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/29/2016 9:24:35 AM   
Lynn G.

Yeah - good job Todd. You've accomplished something that very few people have and should be very proud.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1552
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/29/2016 9:29:30 AM   
Lynn G.

The Dude prevails.

Happy birthday Duderino!

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1553
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/29/2016 12:05:50 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

I guess the bulk of people are oh, he only sent his diabetes into remission in 6 months, see it all the time...

Sorry for being a jerk. Your progress has been enjoyable to follow along with. I'm jealous and feel some shame in that I've gained all 35 lbs back that I lost at the end of 2015. It makes it hard for me to comment even though it should make me want to encourage you all the more. Can't wait to see you in October. It will be here before we know it.

Well I think you're awesome and can achieve anything you want. If you put in the effort I have no doubt you can get your weight where you want it to be.

Mr I can't wait for summer to pass - is enjoying this one zooming along. With 100 lbs (almost - so close) less insulation on me - the summer hasn't thrown anything at me that I can't handle. Time is absolutely flying by. I certainly can't wait for Oct...gonna be a blast.
Post #: 1554
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/29/2016 12:10:17 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Yeah - good job Todd. You've accomplished something that very few people have and should be very proud.

Thanks Lynn.

I'm trying to temper my pride a bit. I've learned that life can kick you at any moment and bring you right back to earth. But losing 100 lbs and driving my diabetes into remission in under 6 months without surgery or drastic medically supervised diets - does put me in pretty rare company. The biggest goal is to maintain it for the next year. Then for life obviously.
Post #: 1555
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/29/2016 1:46:01 PM   
bohumm

quote:

Not me. A huge chunk of the people who end up in the ICU have diabetes as a co-morbidity that complicates treatment for their primary problem. And treating it by eliminating it is so much better than having to treat it with drugs for life. Keep it up.
Post #: 1556
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/29/2016 2:44:06 PM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Thanks Lynn.

I'm trying to temper my pride a bit. I've learned that life can kick you at any moment and bring you right back to earth. But losing 100 lbs and driving my diabetes into remission in under 6 months without surgery or drastic medically supervised diets - does put me in pretty rare company. The biggest goal is to maintain it for the next year. Then for life obviously.

One day at a time...

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1557
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/29/2016 10:57:42 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Well I think you're awesome and can achieve anything you want. If you put in the effort I have no doubt you can get your weight where you want it to be.

Mr I can't wait for summer to pass - is enjoying this one zooming along. With 100 lbs (almost - so close) less insulation on me - the summer hasn't thrown anything at me that I can't handle. Time is absolutely flying by. I certainly can't wait for Oct...gonna be a blast.

What you have accomplished is incredible. Great job!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1558
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/29/2016 11:16:54 PM   
SoMnFan

Feel like a proud dad as well.
You da man Todd.
Love seeing your changes. Can feel it in your outlook and your responses.
An awesome transformation. Proud of you.
Post #: 1559
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/29/2016 11:53:38 PM   
kgdabom

I am ready to get on board with "The TODD" on weight loss and Diabetes remission. Currently at 5'9" 260 pounds and pre-diabetic taking 2 metformins daily. Going to start with my eliptical for half an hour each evening and work that up to an hour.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1560
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/30/2016 6:14:06 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

I am ready to get on board with "The TODD" on weight loss and Diabetes remission. Currently at 5'9" 260 pounds and pre-diabetic taking 2 metformins daily. Going to start with my eliptical for half an hour each evening and work that up to an hour.

Good luck.

I wish I could promote lighting in a bottle for you. The thing is, I've ran a different path then most that have had success in getting their diabetes under control. Most that I've talked to that have had any kind of success attribute it to a low carb diet with tons of exercise. The thing is, even at my most disciplined I was taking in triple to quadruple what those that swear low carb is the way to go. As for exercise...I've only recently begun jogging. Up until this point, as I get ready to cross the 100lb weight loss marker I've not exercised in the traditional manner. I do work at a job that has me moving around a lot - 25,000 steps the one shift I wore my wife's fitbit. And I'm lugging and slugging a lot...so burning calories for sure.

Do you monitor your blood glucose with a meter? If you're serious about getting your numbers below the pre-diabetic range you should track how your numbers react to the things you eat. The longer you spend humming at a high number, say because you have a weakness for chocolate, or chips, the more it will hurt your over all score. Find and eat the things that don't spike your sugars and get that body moving and I bet you can get your numbers straightened out.
Post #: 1561
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/30/2016 6:14:49 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Feel like a proud dad as well.
You da man Todd.
Love seeing your changes. Can feel it in your outlook and your responses.
An awesome transformation. Proud of you.

Your encouragement and being in my corner has meant a lot to me.
Post #: 1562
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/30/2016 6:22:52 AM   
SoMnFan

Easy to do, man, easy to do ....
Post #: 1563
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/30/2016 12:53:20 PM   
kgdabom

I thought we had to have the coolest Ian Joseph on the planet, but then I found this one on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWUnEbEM8IY

Ian you have been supplanted.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1564
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/30/2016 12:56:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Good luck.

I wish I could promote lighting in a bottle for you. The thing is, I've ran a different path then most that have had success in getting their diabetes under control. Most that I've talked to that have had any kind of success attribute it to a low carb diet with tons of exercise. The thing is, even at my most disciplined I was taking in triple to quadruple what those that swear low carb is the way to go. As for exercise...I've only recently begun jogging. Up until this point, as I get ready to cross the 100lb weight loss marker I've not exercised in the traditional manner. I do work at a job that has me moving around a lot - 25,000 steps the one shift I wore my wife's fitbit. And I'm lugging and slugging a lot...so burning calories for sure.

Do you monitor your blood glucose with a meter? If you're serious about getting your numbers below the pre-diabetic range you should track how your numbers react to the things you eat. The longer you spend humming at a high number, say because you have a weakness for chocolate, or chips, the more it will hurt your over all score. Find and eat the things that don't spike your sugars and get that body moving and I bet you can get your numbers straightened out.

Thanks Todd. I've done this before just just didn't keep it up. Lost 22 pounds in two months and got my blood sugar numbers under 5. Then reverted to old ways. It works I just need to keep it up.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1565
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/1/2016 12:24:04 PM   
Bill Jandro

Question for the board.

What are the ramifications of a high blood sugar number over time? 400-700 range.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1566
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/1/2016 3:07:31 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Question for the board.

What are the ramifications of a high blood sugar number over time? 400-700 range.

Blindness. Amputation of limbs. Death.
Post #: 1567
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/1/2016 3:48:54 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

Question for the board.

So no big deal......
Post #: 1568
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/1/2016 3:56:53 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

Question for the board.

So no big deal......

Not the best of options ...

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 8/1/2016 3:59:09 PM >
Post #: 1569
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/1/2016 7:35:14 PM   
Thomas O. Eliason

Tis but a flesh wound

PPE II baby
Post #: 1570
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/3/2016 8:58:19 AM   
Todd M

23 weeks in - officially 100 lbs lighter as of today.

<drops the mic>
Post #: 1571
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/3/2016 9:02:31 AM   
David F.

quote:

23 weeks in - officially 100 lbs lighter as of today.

<drops the mic>

That's like dropping an entire 12-year-old person!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1572
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/3/2016 9:04:21 AM   
Todd M

Our district manager said the other day 'Geez, you're half the man you were when you started".

No...2/3rds though.
Post #: 1573
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/3/2016 9:07:10 AM   
Ricky J

That's cool. You should contact a company of something you eat, drink, etc regularly with your diet and tell them your available for a commercial.
Post #: 1574
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/3/2016 9:09:49 AM   
Todd M

The wife and I were talking about that.

Of all the things I've consumed there is only one thing I've had virtually every day and that's pure non alkalized cocoa powder.

A chocolate shake a day makes a 100 lbs go away...
Post #: 1575
Page:   <<   < prev  61 62 [63] 64 65   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  61 62 [63] 64 65   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode