Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/11/2017 10:23:52 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young
no, I have not found other work, yet.. I could, I have multiple companies that want to hire me.
I have other matters, more important to take care of first, though.
I know it is hard for most people to see how not having a job is not a high priority, but trust me.. sometimes there are things more important than work..
Mine is a family issue.
I will leave it at that..
I have a very important day in my life coming up on May 11th.
The good news is that I am ready and I know it is going to be a good day on some level, the bad news is that it is not the end of my journey and I'm sure I'll have many more dates on my calendar that will interfere with "normalcy"...
such is life...

Keep your head up Dan....hope all works out well.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1801
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/17/2017 2:32:41 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

There are a legion of things wrong with this American social matrix we live in.

some adapt and blend in and lead the dream life they desire.

Others take, and use, and abuse, every system and trick there is, to get things that in a "just and equitable " social matrix, they do not deserve.

Still others get swept up in the petty machinations of zealots who's only purpose in life is to create misery and injustice in their pursuit of the demons that lurk within themselves.

I am one of the latter...

I could not and would not be one of the first type, docile, obsequious, servile, a cog grinding along in the machinations of bigger things.

After almost 60 years, I am currently fighting in a RAGE, against a machine that has one goal: to destroy my family and steal every last shred of joy and happiness left in my life.

My life is mandated and proscribed by those entities who feel they are "acting in the best interest ".

They are trying to force me into a category or peg hole that is not only inappropriate, misguided, and a complete travesty of true justice, but the "powers that be", who can not see past their own vainglorious machinations, are dragging my wife and child along for a hell ride.

I am forced, have been FORCED, to endure injustice and persecution and detailed examinations and figurative dissection of every minutiae of my very being in an attempt to slander, defame, and discredit my entire reason for existence.

"The Powers that Be" have taken two swings at me personally, and have ORDERED me to get a THIRD opinion on a matter that has been disproven by two separate and independent Ph.D's in the field of the subject of their obsession.

They can Keep trying... I am resolute and unimpeachable in my innocence, and eventually, justice will prevail on MY SIDE of the scale.

There will be a reckoning.

The things that My Family and I have endured and lost to this injustice will be redressed at a later date.

Right now, I am figuratively shacked by the machinations of a corrupt and misguided social system that refuses to admit that a mistake has been made and will NOT give me leave to live in peace.

Onward I grind.. impatiently patient, dragged through the muckrakers field, seeking justice.

I, somewhat skeptically, take solace in a passage of the Bible: The book of James, chapter 4, verse 11.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 5/17/2017 2:51:54 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1802
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/19/2017 10:59:16 AM   
Lynn G.

I think I've missed a few birthdays recently because I've been kind of hit and miss on my peeks into here recently.

But I won't miss today's.

Happy birthday Dave Odle!

May every wish come true.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1803
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/19/2017 2:01:20 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I think I've missed a few birthdays recently because I've been kind of hit and miss on my peeks into here recently.

But I won't miss today's.

Happy birthday Dave Odle!

May every wish come true.

Thank you, Lynn. I took today off and the kids are going to my parents to spend the night tonight. Who knows what we'll do? The world is our oyster. I appreciate everyone's friendship here.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 1804
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/19/2017 4:05:47 PM   
Ricky J

Happy Birthday, Dave!
Post #: 1805
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/19/2017 8:04:58 PM   
SoMnFan

Not a huge NFL guy anymore, but it was my thing growing up.
Sometimes lately I wonder why.
Then, I watch these "A Football Life" on NFL Network, and I remember why.
It was truly a great time for the league.
Love seeing these imperfect guys look back on their careers and interesting lives.

The John Riggins one brought it all back for me. Best one I have seen, made my day.
Post #: 1806
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/20/2017 3:38:49 AM   
Thomas O. Eliason

70s football was epic. Larger than life.

80s football was amazing. the best teams were a study in perfection.

90s football was a circus. Crazy, loony-bin fun.

After Y2K it became derivative; a remix. Watered down, too grey with the rules, de-emphasized the defense. A shadow of its former self IMHO.

PPE II baby
Post #: 1807
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/20/2017 11:45:59 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Thomas O. Eliason

After Y2K it became derivative; a remix. Watered down, too grey with the rules, de-emphasized the defense. A shadow of its former self IMHO.

70's will be really hard to ever top for me unless I-

1. Win the power ball.
2. Vikings become an elite team again for a decade.

Nothing like waking up in 1973-77 knowing that the Vikings were on TV (Having already looked in the TV guide mid week) fixed the rabbit ears after turning to CBS with Musberger, Cross, George, Jimmy the Geek pregame.

Then watching an extremely competitive team without one financial work in the world... (Thanks Mom & Pops)

Only other improvements for me would bE Directv, and actually winning that final game..

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1808
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/20/2017 3:14:50 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Cool story Kurt. The pinnacle for me was in 98. I was stationed at the Pentagon and snuck in to our Directors office to watch the draft. I wouldn't stay long. Just kept creeping down every 15 minutes trying to catch our pick. When it was Moss I about lost my mind.

Then, going that year to the sports bar in Crystal City and us kicking ass every week. Great time to be a Vikes fan. Being from MN didn't automatically get you any clout in the Service. It wasn't "cool"...until then.
Post #: 1809
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/20/2017 3:39:35 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

There are a legion of things wrong with this American social matrix we live in.

some adapt and blend in and lead the dream life they desire.

Others take, and use, and abuse, every system and trick there is, to get things that in a "just and equitable " social matrix, they do not deserve.

Still others get swept up in the petty machinations of zealots who's only purpose in life is to create misery and injustice in their pursuit of the demons that lurk within themselves.

I am one of the latter...

I could not and would not be one of the first type, docile, obsequious, servile, a cog grinding along in the machinations of bigger things.

After almost 60 years, I am currently fighting in a RAGE, against a machine that has one goal: to destroy my family and steal every last shred of joy and happiness left in my life.

My life is mandated and proscribed by those entities who feel they are "acting in the best interest ".

They are trying to force me into a category or peg hole that is not only inappropriate, misguided, and a complete travesty of true justice, but the "powers that be", who can not see past their own vainglorious machinations, are dragging my wife and child along for a hell ride.

I am forced, have been FORCED, to endure injustice and persecution and detailed examinations and figurative dissection of every minutiae of my very being in an attempt to slander, defame, and discredit my entire reason for existence.

"The Powers that Be" have taken two swings at me personally, and have ORDERED me to get a THIRD opinion on a matter that has been disproven by two separate and independent Ph.D's in the field of the subject of their obsession.

They can Keep trying... I am resolute and unimpeachable in my innocence, and eventually, justice will prevail on MY SIDE of the scale.

There will be a reckoning.

The things that My Family and I have endured and lost to this injustice will be redressed at a later date.

Right now, I am figuratively shacked by the machinations of a corrupt and misguided social system that refuses to admit that a mistake has been made and will NOT give me leave to live in peace.

Onward I grind.. impatiently patient, dragged through the muckrakers field, seeking justice.

I, somewhat skeptically, take solace in a passage of the Bible: The book of James, chapter 4, verse 11.

Sounds like you got hung up in a mandatory reporting issue, Dan. Good luck!
Post #: 1810
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/20/2017 3:56:04 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Cool story Kurt. The pinnacle for me was in 98. I was stationed at the Pentagon and snuck in to our Directors office to watch the draft. I wouldn't stay long. Just kept creeping down every 15 minutes trying to catch our pick. When it was Moss I about lost my mind.

Then, going that year to the sports bar in Crystal City and us kicking ass every week. Great time to be a Vikes fan. Being from MN didn't automatically get you any clout in the Service. It wasn't "cool"...until then.

I had just moved back from DC to Minny early 98. Went back to visit some friends in DC that August. Told them that Moss was a man among boys. There was some skepticism.
Post #: 1811
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/20/2017 7:39:00 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

1. Win the power ball.

Nothing like waking up in 1973-77 knowing that the Vikings were on TV (Having already looked in the TV guide mid week) fixed the rabbit ears after turning to CBS with Musberger, Cross, George, Jimmy the Geek pregame.

Then watching an extremely competitive team without one financial work in the world... (Thanks Mom & Pops)

Only other improvements for me would bE Directv, and actually winning that final game..

Nailed it
Focused on Sunday afternoon, starting on the previous Sunday night.
It was glorious
As you say ... no worries in the world, except for the game next week.
Post #: 1812
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/20/2017 7:58:20 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

1. Win the power ball.

Nailed it
Focused on Sunday afternoon, starting on the previous Sunday night.
It was glorious
As you say ... no worries in the world, except for the game next week.

It didn't get any better.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1813
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/20/2017 8:12:57 PM   
SoMnFan

And ... for a long stretch , we probably won 80-90% of the time.
Serious dominance.
Not winning the big prize will always hurt.
But to be that good for that long was glorious.
Post #: 1814
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/21/2017 8:15:30 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I had just moved back from DC to Minny early 98. Went back to visit some friends in DC that August. Told them that Moss was a man among boys. There was some skepticism.

Thanks for pinging me jerk. I was off that day

Post #: 1815
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/21/2017 8:42:15 AM   
quote:

"Stationed at the Pentagon"?

I think I like your story better...

'98 even my most knowledgeable/ non Viking fan friends who routinely gave me a ton of shit about my team completely, and honestly admitted after a rainy Monday night in Green Bay that "That kid Moss is going to win you guys Super Bowl's"

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1816
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/21/2017 2:42:06 PM   
SoMnFan

Plural
Post #: 1817
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/23/2017 11:16:14 AM  1 votes
ebergste

I've probably posted his before but I will always love 98 because it was the first year I ever played fantasy football. Got in a league with some of my (non-viking fan) friends. I knew less than nothing about fantasy football so like a good homer I used my first on Robert Smith, my 2nd on Cris carter. got jake reed in the 4th Randall Cunningham in the 5th and used my 6th rounder on a WR Rookie names Randy Moss. Vikings defense was mine as well. All guys taken ahead of where they "should" have been taken according to the charts and I got a lot of ribbing about being a homer and a rookie. (it was all well deserved). Needless to say I won that league in dominant fashion by doing nothing but playing vikings. I think I only lost the viking bye week. It was the best of both worlds my real team was awesome and all my fantasy players were awesome.
Post #: 1818
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 6/7/2017 5:20:38 PM   
David Levine

I guess this is more football than poker...

Lisa currently killing time before a tournament start with her buddy Richard Seymour.

Post #: 1819
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 6/7/2017 6:23:51 PM   
Ricky J

Cool pic!

At Comerica Park with my son right now myself.
Post #: 1820
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 6/7/2017 6:36:12 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Cool pic!

At Comerica Park with my son right now myself.

Where's your picture?

Post #: 1821
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 6/7/2017 7:12:34 PM   
Ricky J

Ive got11% left on my phone. I figure Tiny Pics would eat it all up if i did
Post #: 1822
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 6/8/2017 6:16:46 PM   
Ricky J

1st half inning is in the books at Nationals Park. Beautiful stadium!
Post #: 1823
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 6/9/2017 6:08:48 PM   
Ricky J

At Yankee Stadium for the first time tonight ...
Post #: 1824
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 6/9/2017 6:47:49 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

At Yankee Stadium for the first time tonight ...

Dang Ricky you're living the life. Family dream vacation?

Post #: 1825
Page:   <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode