Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  75 76 [77] 78 79   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/10/2017 10:24:59 AM   
Ian Joseph

Congrats on the volunteer effort. Have fun, but be safe.

Sorry they won't fly you there, though.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1901
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/10/2017 1:21:53 PM   
Ricky J

I wasn't sure about it either but thought the same thing, FB is pretty public. Be cool if she came and in and told us her thoughts
Post #: 1902
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/10/2017 10:27:21 PM   
Lynn G.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Sendejo-Delivers-Food-And-Hugs-For-Bite-Squad/1ba31a8e-a1a6-4202-bf48-b0031aa72cb5?campaign=fb-share

I see the link on the Vikings website. It turns out that Barb had ordered food to be delivered to her house and Sendejo stepped in to deliver. Barb was the first delivery in the link above.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1903
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/17/2017 4:54:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I put my money (and my time) where my mouth is. I applied for a spot on a team that is going to the US Virgin Islands for hurricane relief work and heard a couple of days ago that I'm in. I'll be going to St. Thomas for a week in January with a group called All Hands Volunteers. They're A rated - right up there with Red Cross.

I have to pay my own airfare, but they put us up in a church and feed us. It'll be mostly dirty work, like tearing down walls in homes, doing mold amelioration and putting up new walls. I guess I'll know more when I get there. When I applied I indicated I would go to either Puerto Rico or St. Thomas and they assigned me St. Thomas because they don't yet have a team in Puerto Rico. They DO have teams in Texas and Florida, and they also have earthquake relief teams in South America and Nepal.

If any of you have an interest in doing hurricane relief work I highly suggest contacting All Hands Volunteers. I'm anticipating hard work, but a very satisfying experience. I'll be keeping a journal and blogging about it when I get home. I can't do it while I'm there because there will be no wi-fi where I'm staying. I guess I'll be weaned from my daily fix here!

That is so good of you.

Be careful with the mold. Bring your own mask, a top quality one as that mold can come back and haunt you later in life.
Post #: 1904
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/17/2017 8:15:05 PM   
Lynn G.

Thanks Bill. That is my plan, although when I started to think about it at one point I realized that they probably wouldn't have us volunteers taking care of the mold. It's usually taken care of by professionals with special equipment, and I hope that even in the dire circumstances of post-hurricane work they would still have that available.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1905
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/20/2017 11:54:18 AM   
Ricky J

Charlie Manson died -- great getting to know him in Helter Skelter
Post #: 1906
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 11/28/2017 11:21:58 AM   
Mark Anderson

All Nebraska posters:

Be careful. Bigfoot is in your area.
Post #: 1907
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 12:34:27 PM   
David F.

Today marks two years of sobriety for me. I'm very grateful for talkvikes and the enjoyment it gives me. I tip my hat to others on their journey. To the addict who still suffers - I extend a helping hand and will be there when you're ready. Peace!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1908
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 12:37:40 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Today marks two years of sobriety for me. I'm very grateful for talkvikes and the enjoyment it gives me. I tip my hat to others on their journey. To the addict who still suffers - I extend a helping hand and will be there when you're ready. Peace!

Yeah, thanks for the bottle of tequila man!

Seriously, congrats!
Post #: 1909
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 2:17:33 PM   
Lars

quote:

I'm really happy for you and understand your journey.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 1910
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 2:21:37 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Well done sir.

Congratulations and keep it up. I know it is a day to day struggle, but with support from family friends you can do it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1911
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 3:24:11 PM   
Lynn G.

Very proud of you David. You are such a nice guy, and your wife is a doll. I wish the best for your family, and there is no doubt that your hard work will bring peace and security to all of you.

Post #: 1912
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 3:29:17 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Good Job David---

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1913
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 4:03:47 PM   
El Duderino

Observation from the first wintery commute of the season yesterday:

As I was driving to and from work in my front-wheel-drive hybrid, I saw a bunch of 4x4s having difficulty gaining traction while I rolled along as nice as can be.

PSA: If you're not going to make sure you always have good tires on your vehicle, don't waste your money and fuel on 4 wheel drive. Two extra drive wheels doesn't mean squat if none of your wheels have traction. At best, you're going to get stuck. At worst, you're going to get overconfident, go off the road, and flip your vehicle.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 1914
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 4:04:04 PM   
Steve Lentz

Congrats David!!!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1915
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 5:11:49 PM   
Todd M

Way to go David. That's a big anniversary. Keep stacking them together.
Post #: 1916
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 5:31:00 PM   
stfrank

Congrats David! Keep taking it one-day-at-a-time and remember, it's that first one that kicks our ass every time!
Post #: 1917
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/6/2017 7:41:42 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Congrats
Post #: 1918
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/7/2017 7:49:03 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

Congrats David! Keep taking it one-day-at-a-time and remember, it's that first one that kicks our ass every time!

One is too many, and too many is not enough.

Great work David F.
Post #: 1919
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/7/2017 9:04:33 AM   
Ricky J

Great accomplishment. Enjoy all the present moments
Post #: 1920
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/7/2017 10:08:54 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Duderino

As I was driving to and from work in my front-wheel-drive hybrid, I saw a bunch of 4x4s having difficulty gaining traction while I rolled along as nice as can be.

PSA: If you're not going to make sure you always have good tires on your vehicle, don't waste your money and fuel on 4 wheel drive. Two extra drive wheels doesn't mean squat if none of your wheels have traction. At best, you're going to get stuck. At worst, you're going to get overconfident, go off the road, and flip your vehicle.

Icy roads don't care if you have four wheel drive. Four wheel drive does not mean four wheel stop. Four wheel drive helps in deeper snow, NOT on ice. Slow down idiots.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1921
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/7/2017 10:13:40 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Icy roads don't care if you have four wheel drive. Four wheel drive does not mean four wheel stop. Four wheel drive helps in deeper snow, NOT on ice. Slow down idiots.

It's strange how people equate icy roads with heavy snow. I drive 22 miles through the country to work every day. One day it was glare ice the whole way. Many people commented to me 'bet you were glad you had your four-wheel-drive pickup huh?' No - I drove our front-wheel-drive minivan.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1922
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/7/2017 11:35:11 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

That's just silly.

Sure if it's 100% glare on all 4 wheels at all times. But most situations you've got a couple wheels on ice, meanwhile the other 2 wheels are gripping on a better less icy suface.
Post #: 1923
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/7/2017 4:23:09 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

Congratulations David.

Each day shall you gain humility, strength and peace.

Skol.

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 1924
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/8/2017 12:57:29 AM   
bgdavis

quote:

Congratulations! It's inspiring to hear things like this.

“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
― Robert Collier

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 1925
Page:   <<   < prev  75 76 [77] 78 79   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  75 76 [77] 78 79   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode