Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/14/2017 7:50:02 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

Don't ride him too hard BigO. Dude came up with a way to make a vegetarian OMLETE

J/K Todd. I know how hard it is to eat that way all the time, good job.

Get some peppered olive oil heating up, throw in some chopped garlic, jalapeno, red onion, red pepper, portobello mushroom, and black beans, then add the eggs with a bit of cream beaten in...cook it up and then add habanero cheddar cheese, and habaneros in adobe sauce, fold and finish cooking.

So many ways to do it but this is my go to.

Was busten' yer' balls. Some vegetarians think eggs are a no-no.

Ah, that's why you emphasized omelette not vegetarian. Gotcha..

I used to think I couldn't give up meat but I did...I could never ever give up eggs, cheese, and dairy.

At what point does a chicken's life begin?
Post #: 1951
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/14/2017 7:52:13 PM   
Todd M

Nice.
Post #: 1952
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/14/2017 7:53:56 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I get not eating meat (in a big way) but the vegan thing puzzles me

Sooooooo, what DO you eat?

Can't tell if you're messing with me ... putting you in a head lock the next time I see you if you are ...

People that follow what people say around here know I went three years eating only the meat I shot (deer, turkey, parakeets, etc).
I liked that way of life a lot although it was hard on my wife at times with her being a farm girl and two growing boys.

Went to Hawaii and thought I needed to experience everything there including the food - stupid mistake. Hadn't had coffee two years prior to that, ether - haven't stopped the hyper train since.

A lot of times I will go without when ordering for example, Subway, Asian Grill, etc. I never get anything with meat when I go into a Kwik Star or other such places. But I eat meat. I think about going back to the vegetarian route all the time, though - first I'm probably gonna have to wait until that half of beef in the freezer is gone.

Like, Todd, I can't stand to see animals suffer. My hats off to him in a big way. Maybe I'll be there soon

Just sorta read like you didn't eat meat. I didn't think that was the case, but what do I know?
Post #: 1953
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/14/2017 8:32:23 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I get not eating meat (in a big way) but the vegan thing puzzles me

Sooooooo, what DO you eat?

Can't tell if you're messing with me ... putting you in a head lock the next time I see you if you are ...

People that follow what people say around here know I went three years eating only the meat I shot (deer, turkey, parakeets, etc).
I liked that way of life a lot although it was hard on my wife at times with her being a farm girl and two growing boys.

Went to Hawaii and thought I needed to experience everything there including the food - stupid mistake. Hadn't had coffee two years prior to that, ether - haven't stopped the hyper train since.

A lot of times I will go without when ordering for example, Subway, Asian Grill, etc. I never get anything with meat when I go into a Kwik Star or other such places. But I eat meat. I think about going back to the vegetarian route all the time, though - first I'm probably gonna have to wait until that half of beef in the freezer is gone.

Like, Todd, I can't stand to see animals suffer. My hats off to him in a big way. Maybe I'll be there soon

Just sorta read like you didn't eat meat. I didn't think that was the case, but what do I know?

Oh ... I thought I messed something up the way I said it - always on my guard, you know
Post #: 1954
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 8:19:57 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Animal cruelty on factory farming started it for us too. The health benefits are just a cool side effect. Giving up eggs/cheese is hard, that's for sure. Egg/milk 'byproducts' is easy (mayo/sour cream ect..). They make fakes that are just like the real. That wasn't the case years ago. They were pretty nasty. Now we'll have ppl over and they don't even know the difference.

In fact, just had a veggie burger yesterday called Impossible Burger. It's not sold to the public yet, just restaurants. I dare you to find a place that sells it and tell me you knew it was a veggie burger. It was crazy realistic. A lot of the veggie burgers are nasty. This was awesome.
Post #: 1955
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 8:39:13 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't ride him too hard BigO. Dude came up with a way to make a vegetarian OMLETE

Get some peppered olive oil heating up, throw in some chopped garlic, jalapeno, red onion, red pepper, portobello mushroom, and black beans, then add the eggs with a bit of cream beaten in...cook it up and then add habanero cheddar cheese, and habaneros in adobe sauce, fold and finish cooking.

I used to think I couldn't give up meat but I did...I could never ever give up eggs, cheese, and dairy.

I think life is life the instant the two components come together that produce offspring. Whether it has sentience like us or if it's just a dumb bird. From that point to me it's where/why/how it's interrupted. Because if you don't interrupt that process you get life.

Looking into going to free range eggs I was asking myself...how free are they? I'd imagine they would just all be hens doing hen stuff absent any roosters. That would be my preference. Care zero about eating a chicken egg. I wouldn't really like it if free range eggs were - doesn't matter fertilized or not they get refrigerated so there a 'halting of the process'- I want it removed from that process. But also commercial farming.

This gets the whole thing spinning with milk. Want to do it better as well.

And cheese is the greatest thing in the world but I've been eating parmesan cheese and they make that with animal rennet. Some cheeses are made with vegetable or chemical rennet and some use slaughtered calves stomachs. I'd like to be 100% removed from that.

But that's as far as I'm willing to go. It's a good range meat eaters and weirdos.
Post #: 1956
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 8:49:56 AM   
Todd M

No one commented on the milk video but I love it. Even as a huge cheese over.

"Our aged cow titty goop. Depending on how long we let it get moldy determines what kind of fancy solid block of puss it becomes.
Post #: 1957
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 10:12:08 AM   
David F.

quote:

Animal cruelty on factory farming started it for us too. The health benefits are just a cool side effect. Giving up eggs/cheese is hard, that's for sure. Egg/milk 'byproducts' is easy (mayo/sour cream ect..). They make fakes that are just like the real. That wasn't the case years ago. They were pretty nasty. Now we'll have ppl over and they don't even know the difference.

In fact, just had a veggie burger yesterday called Impossible Burger. It's not sold to the public yet, just restaurants. I dare you to find a place that sells it and tell me you knew it was a veggie burger. It was crazy realistic. A lot of the veggie burgers are nasty. This was awesome.

Hell's Kitchen in downtown Minneapolis is in the middle of a lobbying campaign to be able to offer the Impossible Burger. You can go to their website and add your name to the request. When I did it a week ago they had over 5000 people on it.

https://www.hellskitcheninc.com/

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1958
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 10:12:50 AM   
David F.

quote:

No one commented on the milk video but I love it. Even as a huge cheese over.

"Our aged cow titty goop. Depending on how long we let it get moldy determines what kind of fancy solid block of puss it becomes.

I'm gonna check it out later today and will comment.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1959
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 12:11:15 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Hell's Kitchen in downtown Minneapolis is in the middle of a lobbying campaign to be able to offer the Impossible Burger. You can go to their website and add your name to the request. When I did it a week ago they had over 5000 people on it.

I'm assuming they'll be changing their name from "Hell's Kitchen".
Post #: 1960
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 4:12:17 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Nice! Have you had one?
Post #: 1961
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 5:56:12 PM   
David Levine

quote:

They're shockingly not bad at all. About 100x better than their competitor "The Beyond Burger".

Had them at Andrea's at The Wynn. Korean style sliders with frisée, kimchee, pickles, kalbi sauce and kochujang aioli.

Post #: 1962
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 6:05:57 PM   
Ricky J

Those look great!
Post #: 1963
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 6:06:52 PM   
Todd M

Boy do they ever!
Post #: 1964
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 7:18:04 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

They're shockingly not bad at all. About 100x better than their competitor "The Beyond Burger".

Had them at Andrea's at The Wynn. Korean style sliders with frisée, kimchee, pickles, kalbi sauce and kochujang aioli.

Medium rare?
Post #: 1965
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 8:46:30 PM   
I stopped eating beef in Sep 2013 after having the most poorly cooked porterhouse I ever tried to eat ... at Manny's.
I can't thank them enough.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1966
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/15/2017 9:00:41 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

I stopped eating beef in Sep 2013 after having the most poorly cooked porterhouse I ever tried to eat ... at Manny's.

I'm glad you didn't quit cooking it.
Post #: 1967
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/16/2017 8:08:14 AM   
Lynn G.

Art - that sounds kind of like someone giving up on drinking water because they once had a sample of some of those awful carbonated waters that are so popular these days. You know you can still go back to the real thing, right?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1968
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/16/2017 8:22:18 AM   
I love La Croix.
Especially the tangerine.

It's been a great thing actually.
Until you stop eating beef, you don't realize the how pervasive it is in the American diet.
We eat way too much of it.

I still enjoy lamb on occasion. Lean pork. Turkey. Chicken. Elk in season.
Nothing frozen either. Not that it's bad, there's just so much fresh available.

I honestly don't miss it. And it's made me look at portion size as well.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1969
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/16/2017 8:32:24 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

Hahaha

So freaking overrated..

My Rib-eye was awful.

The company was good..
  Post #: 1970
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/16/2017 8:32:57 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Beyond are decent but they have a funky smell these are 100% better, agree. Quorn are decent and Gardenin are pretty solid. Those do look good!
Post #: 1971
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/16/2017 9:28:49 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think life is life the instant the two components come together that produce offspring. Whether it has sentience like us or if it's just a dumb bird. From that point to me it's where/why/how it's interrupted. Because if you don't interrupt that process you get life.

Looking into going to free range eggs I was asking myself...how free are they? I'd imagine they would just all be hens doing hen stuff absent any roosters. That would be my preference. Care zero about eating a chicken egg. I wouldn't really like it if free range eggs were - doesn't matter fertilized or not they get refrigerated so there a 'halting of the process'- I want it removed from that process. But also commercial farming.

This gets the whole thing spinning with milk. Want to do it better as well.

And cheese is the greatest thing in the world but I've been eating parmesan cheese and they make that with animal rennet. Some cheeses are made with vegetable or chemical rennet and some use slaughtered calves stomachs. I'd like to be 100% removed from that.

But that's as far as I'm willing to go. It's a good range meat eaters and weirdos.

A free range egg merely comes from a chicken that is unpenned and can roam around and eat natural things.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1972
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/16/2017 9:39:06 AM   
Lynn G.

Art - I definitely agree that we eat way too much beef in our diets, and portion size is crazy at restaurants.

But I'm not ready to give up that perfectly seared porterhouse or rib eye that we cook on our own grill. Best ever!

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1973
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/16/2017 9:50:06 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Art - I definitely agree that we eat way too much beef in our diets, and portion size is crazy at restaurants.

But I'm not ready to give up that perfectly seared porterhouse or rib eye that we cook on our own grill. Best ever!

Agreed.

Next time I get together with Art I'm gonna trade him golf lessons for grilling lessons.

I have to get some tips on my Rib-eyes, and Chicken dishes on the BBQ....
  Post #: 1974
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 12/16/2017 10:03:28 AM   
Ricky J

https://twitter.com/FOX9/status/941668046304821250
Post #: 1975
Page:   <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode