Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/19/2018 10:43:43 AM   
SoMnFan

Always good stuff, Todd
Post #: 2126
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/23/2018 8:34:27 PM   
bohumm

Josh Gordon back from suspension, on non-football illness list for more counseling. He's missed all but five games in the past three seasons, but many here were ready to sign him/trade for him right away because of Norv and our nice guys. Addiction is a motherfukker, to the point where him being honest enough with himself/his counselors that he's kept away may be the best sign yet that he may be gaining some traction in his recovery. The odds are stacked so high against any addict, especially those who don't have to face consequences. Staying with the Browns may be the best thing that's happened to him (and ONLY him); any wriggling out of his predicament, even through trade, would work against him.

I hope the best for him. He may have a chance.
Post #: 2127
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/23/2018 9:05:09 PM   
bohumm

(Already posted in the Media Section)

A couple of years ago I came on here and talked up this great deal I got when I pulled my annual Sunday Ticket con after switching all services to ATT. Ricky J said the tablet I got for free hadn't been offered to him for free and Richard N said he had such a bad billing experience that he left hundreds on the table to leave DirecTV/ATT. I had gotten all the freebees: Sunday Ticket, a big ass tablet, a $350 credit to switch, a free phone, bill credits, etc. I even got an extra $175 in items from the ATT store when I went there to get glass protector for our phones.

Except that almost all of it was a lie. The phone was free and I did get the items at the store, but they reduced my rebate to $175 because of it----and then I never got the rebate. The tablet was free, but they put me on a two-year contract for an extra phone line even though my "switcher" repeatedly said I wouldn't get billed if I never used it over the air. I got billed for the Sunday Ticket; as I disputed this along with all the other lies, they "accidentally" cut me off three Sundays in a row and then charged me $50 each week for the single-week pay-per-view (they did refund one). They didn't even give me the $10/month discount for combining billing.

When I call up to pursue my dispute, they cite the $23 credit I get each month until I convince them that's the credit for my free phone. We go through a highly annoying round and round over my contact number (all my numbers are with them), the history of the dispute, non-solutions like the $23 credit, silence once they start reading through the meat of the dispute, apologies, citation of the difficulty of addressing this after so much time has passed until I point out that I've been talking to them about it from the start, a promise to resolve it after they've contacted corporate, another go-round with the contact number so they can call me back within a couple of days and then......nothing until I call again weeks or months later.

I've never been through anything like it. The user agreement stipulates arbitration which requires fees up front, and I don't have solid proof other than the trail of calls. The contract is about to run out, but we're stuck because our local cable service is horrible, only ATT and Cingular phones work where I live (up against the San Gabriel Mountains), and we're slaves to our TV habits (DVR, certain shows, mix of local and national sports, etc.). The saddest part is I'm going to try to work the Sunday Ticket con again now that we're not under contract, but I've learned a key thing:

When you want to get something out of ATT customer service, use their chat feature because you can get a transcript (first copy and paste, then use their feature to have it sent to your email). We're not going anywhere, but I'm going to at least try to extract some value from those mofos.

< Message edited by bohumm -- 7/23/2018 9:19:42 PM >
Post #: 2128
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/24/2018 8:52:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

A couple of years ago I came on here and talked up this great deal I got when I pulled my annual Sunday Ticket con after switching all services to ATT. Ricky J said the tablet I got for free hadn't been offered to him for free and Richard N said he had such a bad billing experience that he left hundreds on the table to leave DirecTV/ATT. I had gotten all the freebees: Sunday Ticket, a big ass tablet, a $350 credit to switch, a free phone, bill credits, etc. I even got an extra $175 in items from the ATT store when I went there to get glass protector for our phones.

Except that almost all of it was a lie. The phone was free and I did get the items at the store, but they reduced my rebate to $175 because of it----and then I never got the rebate. The tablet was free, but they put me on a two-year contract for an extra phone line even though my "switcher" repeatedly said I wouldn't get billed if I never used it over the air. I got billed for the Sunday Ticket; as I disputed this along with all the other lies, they "accidentally" cut me off three Sundays in a row and then charged me $50 each week for the single-week pay-per-view (they did refund one). They didn't even give me the $10/month discount for combining billing.

When I call up to pursue my dispute, they cite the $23 credit I get each month until I convince them that's the credit for my free phone. We go through a highly annoying round and round over my contact number (all my numbers are with them), the history of the dispute, non-solutions like the $23 credit, silence once they start reading through the meat of the dispute, apologies, citation of the difficulty of addressing this after so much time has passed until I point out that I've been talking to them about it from the start, a promise to resolve it after they've contacted corporate, another go-round with the contact number so they can call me back within a couple of days and then......nothing until I call again weeks or months later.

I've never been through anything like it. The user agreement stipulates arbitration which requires fees up front, and I don't have solid proof other than the trail of calls. The contract is about to run out, but we're stuck because our local cable service is horrible, only ATT and Cingular phones work where I live (up against the San Gabriel Mountains), and we're slaves to our TV habits (DVR, certain shows, mix of local and national sports, etc.). The saddest part is I'm going to try to work the Sunday Ticket con again now that we're not under contract, but I've learned a key thing:

When you want to get something out of ATT customer service, use their chat feature because you can get a transcript (first copy and paste, then use their feature to have it sent to your email). We're not going anywhere, but I'm going to at least try to extract some value from those mofos.

How good is your internet? If you have decent internet you aren't a slave to anyone.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 7/24/2018 8:55:07 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2129
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/24/2018 9:50:34 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

How good is your internet? If you have decent internet you aren't a slave to anyone.

My internet (through ATT, BTW) is good, but as I said above we're slaves to our TV habits, including local and Minnesota sports and DVR dependence. If I want to watch the Vikings and support my wife running races on Sundays, I need the Sunday Ticket and a DVR.

I hate the way American business treats their customers and employees, but I recognize that I choose to participate to a great extent.
Post #: 2130
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/24/2018 4:41:47 PM   
kgdabom

It's official. Samantha is off auxiliary oxygen. Samantha, mom and dad are all very happy.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2131
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/25/2018 9:30:19 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

It's official. Samantha is off auxiliary oxygen. Samantha, mom and dad are all very happy.

That's great news.

Congratulations.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2132
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/25/2018 9:31:45 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Whew...very good news KG.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2133
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/25/2018 9:38:31 AM   
Lynn G.

Glad to hear it KG. I'll bet your heart rate went down at the same time.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2134
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/25/2018 11:09:00 AM   
bstinger

quote:

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 2135
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 7/25/2018 12:04:59 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

She now is fine in every way as far as we can tell. Finally putting this premature thing behind us. Thanks everybody for all the encouragement. I won't bother you with reports of her sitting up and rolling over etc...

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2136
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/10/2018 9:17:20 AM   
Ricky J

Blast from the past: For those of you who couldn't make it to the Minneapolis get-together for the Houston game I found a pic on my camera for you. Lynn is actually just out of view on the right behind a glass window

Post #: 2137
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/10/2018 9:45:46 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Blast from the past: For those of you who couldn't make it to the Minneapolis get-together for the Houston game I found a pic on my camera for you. Lynn is actually just out of view on the right behind a glass window

Sweet!
(Lynn looks good in that Nurses outfit, doesn't she?)
Post #: 2138
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/10/2018 10:12:54 AM   
Lynn G.

Good one Ricky. And each one of you was arguing that you're not really crazy. Oh what a night!

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2139
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/10/2018 10:15:27 AM   
David F.

MediCAtionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2140
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/12/2018 10:35:27 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

That's some funny shit man!
Post #: 2141
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/12/2018 11:09:43 AM   
Ricky J

Post #: 2142
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/12/2018 1:32:34 PM   
Bill Jandro

Looks like a bunch of guys in the rec room at an insane asylum.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2143
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/12/2018 2:07:26 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Absolutely looks like a scene from One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.
It is isn't it?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2144
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/12/2018 2:17:02 PM   
Todd M

Post #: 2145
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/12/2018 4:26:10 PM  1 votes
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Absolutely looks like a scene from One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.
It is isn't it?

Hello.
Post #: 2146
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/13/2018 1:47:12 PM   
https://youtu.be/5P5W8wr3TCk

Johnny Cash is rolling in his grave ...

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 2147
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/13/2018 1:53:17 PM   
Lynn G.

Ricky there will be no residuals for you.

At least he kept his shirt on Art. I still have those pictures, just saying.

Post #: 2148
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/13/2018 2:00:08 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Ricky there will be no residuals for you.

At least he kept his shirt on Art. I still have those pictures, just saying.

Whew. It's my pants that get me in trouble.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 2149
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 8/13/2018 2:30:19 PM   
Ricky J

Is it legal for you to post that?

Post #: 2150
Page:   <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode