Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General NHL Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Talk Page: <<   < prev  124 125 [126] 127 128   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/15/2017 3:46:44 PM   
SoMnFan

Finally!

I'll go further
Great coach
Great man

Incredible player
Post #: 3126
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/15/2017 3:47:50 PM   
SoMnFan

Drouin goes to Habs for their #1 D prospect
Sometimes you gotta give to get
Habs begging for C help
Try dangling a guy or two, Fletch
Post #: 3127
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/15/2017 4:04:46 PM   
TJSweens

Jude Drouin is still playing in the NHL?! Damn, I thought Jager was old.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3128
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/15/2017 4:06:19 PM   
SoMnFan

Great hair
Post #: 3129
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/15/2017 4:07:40 PM   
TJSweens

Especially with the mutton chops.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3130
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/18/2017 4:49:51 PM   
SoMnFan

Ridiculously good roster right off the bat

Here are our Vegas Golden Knights projected rosters

The Vegas Golden Knights, the NHL's latest expansion team, will begin play next season. The Knights have already signed 30-year-old Russian center Vadim Shipachyov, who scored 26 goals and had 76 points for SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL this season, as well as WHL forward Reid Duke, 21, and Czech forward Tomas Hyka, 24.

The Golden Knights will fill the rest of their roster through the expansion draft, during which they'll select one player from each of the league's other 30 teams. Those 30 teams have already revealed their protected lists -- players that the Golden Knights cannot select. Every team had the option to protect seven forwards, three defensemen and a goaltender, or a combination of eight total skaters and a goalie.

The Golden Knights now have until Wednesday at 10 a.m. ET to select their team from the lists of available players. Vegas will reveal its roster during the NHL awards ceremony on Wednesday night in Las Vegas.

Here's how we see the Vegas Golden Knights' roster shaping up, barring trades or side deals that will deter the Knights from picking specific players:

Forwards

NealKrugerSmith

James Neal - Marcus Kruger - Reilly Smith

Mikkel Boedker - Ryan Strome - Michael Grabner

Lee Stempniak - Trevor Lewis - Matt Calvert

Brendan Leipsic - Jay Beagle - Dmitrij Jaskin

Marko Dano - Hunter Shinkaruk - J.T. Brown

Teemu Pulkkinen - Tomas Nosek - Daniel Carr

Defensemen

MethotDumba

Marc Methot - Matt Dumba

Luca Sbisa - Zach Bogosian

Jon Merrill - Josh Manson

Jamie Oleksiak - Colin Miller

Griffin Reinhart

Goalies

Fleury

Marc-Andre Fleury

Michal Neuvirth

Calvin Pickard

-- Tal Pinchevsky

Forwards

RadulovNelsonVrbata

Alexander Radulov - Brock Nelson - Radim Vrbata

James Neal - Jonathan Marchessault - Michael Grabner

David Perron - Brian Boyle - Jimmy Hayes

Matt Moulson - Trevor Lewis - Lee Stempniak

Brendan Gaunce, Marko Dano, Jordan Weal, Mikhail Grigorenko, Hunter Shinkaruk

Defensemen

MethotVatanen

Marc Methot - Sami Vatanen

Dan Hamhuis - Matt Dumba

Kris Russell - Ben Lovejoy

Trevor van Riemsdyk, Jake Dotchin, Xavier Ouellet

Goalies

Fleury

Marc-Andre Fleury

Joonas Korpisalo

Aaron Dell

Philipp Grubauer

-- Andrew Knoll
Post #: 3131
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/18/2017 5:24:17 PM   
SoMnFan

As expected, the NHL’s salary cap ceiling will be $75 million for the 2017-18 season, according to a variety of reporters including Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman and Chris Johnston.

The cap floor – aka the minimum total cap hit a team can carry – will reportedly come in at $55.4 million.

Update: The league has made this official, announcing the changes to next season’s salary cap on Sunday afternoon.
Post #: 3132
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/19/2017 9:10:28 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Jonathan Marchessault

Since that was my maiden name, and it's so unusual, I have been intrigued watching that guy. I'm just going to say that we must be related somehow.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 3133
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/19/2017 9:14:33 AM   
SoMnFan

Almost have to be, don't ya?

We're the same way with our name ... too weird to be duplicated.
Post #: 3134
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/19/2017 9:24:33 AM   
SoMnFan

has to be French-Canadien, no .... ?
Post #: 3135
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/19/2017 9:54:20 AM   
Lynn G.

Definitely French, and I know of one branch of our family tree that is in Canada.

In our family we are almost evenly split between Norwegian and Swedish, but there seems to have been one Frenchman who snuck in at some point. I want to do one of those DNA tests to see how that actually pans out.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 3136
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/19/2017 9:59:49 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Definitely French, and I know of one branch of our family tree that is in Canada.

In our family we are almost evenly split between Norwegian and Swedish, but there seems to have been one Frenchman who snuck in at some point. I want to do one of those DNA tests to see how that actually pans out.

My great-grandpa on my Moms side snuck a Native Canadien into our tree when he worked as a logger in the Canadien wilds.
She's given us all a complexion that handles the sun wonderfully.
Can't thank her enough for that.
Post #: 3137
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/19/2017 2:58:22 PM   
shakeywalton

Very disappointed that they exposed Dumba and protected Brodin.
Post #: 3138
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/19/2017 7:49:40 PM   
timz

"Gawd, I'm beginning to hate the NHL. The media is fawning all over Cindy because he "stood up for himself" by repeatedly rabbit punching Suban in the back of the head."

Suban was a huge disappointment in this series, his play against Crosby especially. On the above mentioned play, once he saw he wasn't going to get a call he should have beat the crap out of Crosby. He looked afraid of him all series.
Post #: 3139
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/20/2017 7:25:44 AM   
SoMnFan

Agreed, Preds had some guys that disappeared as the playoffs went on
But then again that is kinda what the Pens overall system does.
It never gets beat by a star or two.
Incredibly sound belief system there.
That's why I thought Fletch was a godsend. he was a part of it.
Post #: 3140
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/20/2017 5:22:35 PM   
stfrank

The latest blog by Russo....

Wild in deal-making mood with Vegas, Mikko Koivu on his contract, future
By Michael Russo JUNE 20, 2017 — 4:49PM
TEXT SIZE
EMAIL
PRINT
MORE
I sat down with Mikko Koivu and Mikael Granlund for a feature in Wednesday's paper, and today I met up with Jason Zucker for a future story.

The one interesting part of the Koivu and Granlund sitdown is that both their contracts are in flux for different reasons.

Koivu, entering his 13th season, is about to enter the final year of a seven-year contract and could become an unrestricted free agent next summer. Granlund, entering his sixth season, is a restricted free agent and this summer could be inking a lucrative, long-term contract with the Wild.

I talked to both about the subject and the awkwardness that during Wednesday's NHL Awards Show they both will find out which teammate they're losing to expansion and maybe could hear their in-attendance GM be involved in a trade to keep Vegas from taking defensemen Matt Dumba/Marco Scandella and/or acquire an exposed player from another team.

"It's weird," said Koivu, who didn't realize all the rules permitted so many backdoor dealings.

This morning, Vegas GM George McPhee said he has already consummate a half-dozen trades. As of yesterday, three sources felt the Wild was one of those teams. But one of those sources said he was just hearing that and two sources were upper-management sources from an Eastern Conference team that didn't say how they'd know that for a fact.

The Wild won't comment.

As I wrote when the Wild protected Zucker and Jonas Brodin, things would likely become much clearer Wednesday night what the Wild has been trying to accomplish through this entire process.

The Wild has made clear Fletcher would try to work with McPhee to get him not to select Dumba and/or Scandella in expansion and steer him another direction. As I wrote, the Wild doesn't have a first-round pick in this year's draft, doesn't have a second-round pick in the next two drafts and almost 100 percent would never trade a first-round pick in an ensuing draft without knowing it was a playoff lock (1997-1998, Fletcher was involved with a team that unknowingly traded the No. 1 overall pick in the draft -- Vincent Lecavalier; Fletcher would never chance that again, I don't think).

So the price would be a prospect and maybe another asset to steer Vegas off the Wild's D.

The question is whether protecting, in essence, Dumba and maybe even Scandella, would cost the Wild veteran center Eric Staal in expansion or if it would be Erik Haula or maybe even Gustav Olofsson, whom I've written from sources is liked by Vegas.

In texts and emails today, Fletcher and McPhee wouldn’t comment on any discussions the two have had. But McPhee did say he has consummated a half-dozen trades that will be filed Wednesday morning at the same time Vegas submits its 30-player expansion roster.

Back to Koivu, he knows between expansion, the cost maybe of Granlund and Nino Niederreiter and the upcoming potential trades around the draft and then free agency to follow, the fact he's entering the last year of his deal is probably not on Fletcher's radar yet.

“You have Wednesday, and then Granny and Nino, and all those guys,” Koivu said. “It’s not my time yet, I guess.”

“If I said I haven’t thought about it, I’d be lying,” Koivu continued. “You always think about the future. For myself, it’s not just about me anymore. It’s about my family, my wife and two kids. This would always be my first option, and I’m not just saying that. I love it in Minnesota. The way the people and the organization and the fans and everyone have treated me, it’s home for me, but also with my kids and my wife, they love it there.”

Koivu says he understands there’s many things Fletcher must mull over, including the fact he’s 34 and the Wild has players, now and in the future, it must make sure it can afford and make room for on the roster.

“The cap’s one thing and how’s that changing and who we can keep now,” Koivu said. “It’s not always realistic that they have a chance to offer me anything or, ‘Do they want to keep me? It’s in the team’s hands. If they want me, great. If not, I’ll just prepare for next season like always and make sure we’re ready to go.

“It’s going to be weird that we’ll be at the awards and we can lose a player at the same time. I didn’t understand all the stuff you can do by making trades to keep them from taking players or trying to get a player from another team.”

Koivu did say if he doesn’t sign an extension this summer, he won’t negotiate during the season. That means if he’s unsigned heading into the year, his long-term future with the Wild will be a question.

“I don’t think I would do anything during the season,” Koivu said. “I don’t think it would help my game at all. If not now, it’s going to be at the end of the year.”

As Granlund, he knows his life could be changing significantly very soon.

“It’ll get done at some point,” Granlund said. “I’m not worrying about it. You kind of know life could change. At some point hopefully we get it done Right now it’s about getting ready for next season. Enjoy the game and enjoy your life.”

In the meantime, Koivu and Granlund will be up for the Selke Trophy and Lady Byng Trophy, respectively, Wednesday night. If they win, linemate Jason Zucker expects to be in the speech.

“I told them, ‘You guys have played together before, and nothing. What changed?’” Zucker said.

As for Vegas, McPhee can’t believe Wednesday is finally here.

“Three days ago we had a whiteboard with no names on it, and now it looks like we’ve got a hockey team,” McPhee said. “I think it’s going to be a pretty good team. We’ve got a lot of D, we’ve got really good goaltending, we have a lot of centers and we’ve got scoring on the wings. We should have good speed. So it’s going to be a good team."

A reminder, the Wild's overhauled home jersey (green) will be revealed tonight at 9, as well as slightly changed whites.

Thursday at 2, the NHL schedule is released with home openers coming out Wednesday. The Wild opens on the road ... for a little bit quite frankly ... in an interesting arena that'll be a big deal.
Post #: 3141
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/21/2017 10:24:13 AM   
SoMnFan

Hossa taking a year off
Claiming skin condition
Sounds like he's helping the club with its player/cap/roster issues
Post #: 3142
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/21/2017 10:51:39 AM   
SoMnFan

17 years ago the Wild and Blue Jackets entered the league
And were treated like red headed step kids
Look at what was available to them
Ridiculous
Post #: 3143
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/21/2017 3:06:51 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Hossa taking a year off
Claiming skin condition
Sounds like he's helping the club with its player/cap/roster issues

But I'm sure this has nothing to do with cap hit
WINK WINK WINK
Post #: 3144
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/21/2017 3:42:09 PM   
SoMnFan

114 degrees today at the Las Vegas meetings.
Hockey, baby!
Post #: 3145
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/21/2017 3:44:17 PM   
SoMnFan

Brent Burns took his kids to Disney World
Caused a commotion due to kids gathering and asking for his autograph.
They thought he was one of the Disney Pirates.
Post #: 3146
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/21/2017 3:44:27 PM   
Sandman

What a joke.

In reference to the hockey meetings.

< Message edited by Sandman -- 6/21/2017 3:45:54 PM >
Post #: 3147
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/22/2017 10:48:40 AM   
SoMnFan

Contract situations must be crazy, because LV did not draft the usual suspects, IMO.
Not nearly as strong a roster as they could have built, IMO
Post #: 3148
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/22/2017 11:41:39 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Contract situations must be crazy, because LV did not draft the usual suspects, IMO.

They don't want to win now. They don't want to be horrible, but they want lottery picks for a few years. It's a departure from the way the Wild and Blue Jackets went about it. I will call it the Houston Astros approach, in a way.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3149
RE: General NHL Talk - 6/22/2017 12:06:53 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

They don't want to win now. They don't want to be horrible, but they want lottery picks for a few years. It's a departure from the way the Wild and Blue Jackets went about it. I will call it the Houston Astros approach, in a way.

Or in NHL terms, the Oilers way......
Post #: 3150
Page:   <<   < prev  124 125 [126] 127 128   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Talk Page: <<   < prev  124 125 [126] 127 128   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode