Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General NHL

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Page: <<   < prev  90 91 [92] 93 94   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General NHL - 9/3/2015 2:15:34 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Good teammate? Wasn't he the guy who was sleeping with some of his teammates' wives or girlfriends? Or is there another Blackhawk that did that?

Haha! That was Patrick sharp, like SoMn said. And it wasn't just wives and girlfriends; it was Ice girls, a weather reporter, and God only knows who else. There was a fight in the locker room over his behavior. I was happy when he went elsewhere.
Post #: 2276
RE: General NHL - 9/7/2015 12:04:37 PM   
Lynn G.

Ah yes, Patrick Sharp. Getting my Patricks mixed up.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2277
RE: General NHL - 9/7/2015 1:39:05 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

With their reputations off the ice, it's pretty easy to do. Sharp is gone, but no word on kane so far. I hope he's skating for someone else come the start of the season.
Post #: 2278
RE: General NHL - 9/7/2015 4:24:54 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

With their reputations off the ice, it's pretty easy to do. Sharp is gone, but no word on kane so far. I hope he's skating for someone else come the start of the season.

The level 2 sex offenders squad?
Post #: 2279
RE: General NHL - 9/9/2015 2:29:07 PM   
TJSweens

Looks like Kane is going to buy his way out of it. The grand jury was supposed to start yesterday, but got postponed at the last minute. Meanwhile, there are reports of a settlement being negotiated with the victim. Congratulations dick head. We can only hope that somewhere along the way, karma makes him its bitch.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2280
RE: General NHL - 9/9/2015 3:14:44 PM   
SoMnFan

Same thought the minute I heard that.
Going to be a realllll expensive escape.
Congrats, "showtime".
Post #: 2281
RE: General NHL - 9/9/2015 5:41:45 PM   
stfrank

I am sure there will be teams lining up to trade for such a fine human being too..... pretty sad if you ask me.
Post #: 2282
RE: General NHL - 9/10/2015 7:57:50 AM   
SoMnFan

I'm betting he slinks back into Hawks camp, gets protected all year, and wins a couple more Cups with them.
All will be forgiven, again.
Winning solves many issues.
Post #: 2283
RE: General NHL - 9/11/2015 12:41:23 PM   
joejitsu

It appears that the Grand Jury will be taking up the kane case in two weeks' time, regardless of any financial settlement talk. I hope the Hawks tell him that he is not welcome in camp. They are one of the most image conscious teams in hockey, and to have him in camp while this is working its way through the court just looks bad. That's my opinion, for what it's worth.
Post #: 2284
RE: General NHL - 9/16/2015 5:27:58 PM   
SoMnFan

Wow.
Just ..... wow.
The dude donated $10mil. $10mil.

The Montreal Children's Hospital has received a boost from one of the city's favourite Habs.

"Montreal has become my second home," said Subban, who was born in Toronto. "I hope to remain here, here in Montreal, here in Quebec, for a very, very long time."

Subban, 26, has played for the Canadiens since 2009.

The $10 million from the hockey player's foundation, paid out over seven years, will be used in part for a fund called P.K.'s Helping Hands, which will help families struggling financially with a child's illness.

An official announcement was made at the hospital Wednesday, but Subban missed its start as he was stuck in traffic.

He arrived to a standing ovation and shouts of "P.K.! P.K.!" from the large crowd gathered in the atrium.

"As I was walking out of the backroom, I noticed the P.K. Subban lettering up there and I got goosebumps," Subban said pointing to his name, which now adorns a wall on the atrium.

"It's not too many times I get goosebumps in what I do playing hockey for a very long time in front a lot of people. That's probably the only time I got goosebumps in a long time."

Greg Rokos, chair of the board of directors of the Montreal Children's Hospital foundation, said the donation was like "Christmas in September."

Subban talked about a trip he took to Haiti shortly after the 2010 earthquake and how that experience shaped his perception of his path in life.

"When I came back to Canada, I made a point to myself that I wasn't going to allow my profession to dictate how I live my life," he said.

Subban has been quietly visiting children at the hospital for the past few months, Martine Alfonso, the associate executive director of the Montreal Children's Hospital said.

On hand for the announcement Wednesday morning were Subban's parents and his sisters, Élise Béliveau, the wife of late Canadiens legend Jean Béliveau, and Michel Lacroix, head announcer of the Canadiens.

"I am proud to walk in the footsteps of my idol, Jean Béliveau," Subban said.

The new Montreal Children's Hospital opened at the Glen site earlier this year.
Post #: 2285
RE: General NHL - 9/16/2015 7:03:52 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Pretty amazing gesture.
Post #: 2286
RE: General NHL - 9/17/2015 5:09:06 PM   
SoMnFan

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane talked about the sexual assault investigation against him for the first time Thursday, declaring he had "done nothing wrong" and that he expected to be absolved.

The 26-year-old Kane acknowledged that it has been an "incredibly difficult time for many people" since the allegation surfaced in early August.

"I cannot apologize enough for the distraction this has caused my family, teammates, this incredible organization and, of course, our fans," said Kane, flanked by team officials, including team president and CEO John McDonough. "While I have too much respect for the legal process to comment on an ongoing matter, I am confident once all the facts are brought to light I will be absolved of having done nothing wrong."

Kane is accused of sexually assaulting a woman in her 20s in August at his offseason home in Hamburg, New York, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because police have not revealed details of the case.

He has not been charged. A grand jury hearing was recently postponed and reportedly rescheduled for later this month.

The case has shadowed the Blackhawks for weeks as they prepare for a season that begins at home on Oct. 7. The team held the news conference the day before training camp begins on the Notre Dame campus.

"We recognize that Patrick Kane is dealing with a very serious situation," said McDonough, who was joined by coach Joel Quenneville and general manager Stan Bowman alongside Kane. "Based on our discussions with his legal representatives who are very close to this matter, we have decided to have Patrick join us for training camp."

McDonough said the Blackhawks would re-evaluate Kane's status with the organization if he was indicted of any charges. McDonough remained on script for a majority of the news conference, but he did alter his message after repeated questions about Kane.

"I will say this hasn't been an easy situation for any of us to deal with," McDonough said. "It's been a challenging summer. This has weighed on all of us. We're doing the best we can within the framework of what we can talk about today."

He then said the team would have no further comment on the case. Kane steered questions away from it, too.

"I'm excited to be here at camp just like all the players," he said. "It's good to see your teammates especially after a long summer."

Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews and alternate captains Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook also avoided questions regarding Kane, though Toews acknowledged the situation was unwelcomed.

"I think of course to a certain degree nobody wanted this, but again we don't want to get into those details right now," Toews said. "I'm sure at a later date some questions like that [about Kane], other details will surface. They'll be dealt with at another time. Right now, the three of us are still going to focus on hockey, focus on those questions that are relevant to us and our team right now."

Post #: 2287
RE: General NHL - 9/17/2015 7:47:57 PM   
SoMnFan

Oh my ..... great timing, Clayton Stoner, you numbskull.

NEVER the brightest bulb in the package.

Pictures circling the interweb ... of him holding the severed head of a grizzly bar

That's right ... I said grizzly BAR That's what we mountain folk call em.
Post #: 2288
RE: General NHL - 9/17/2015 8:03:25 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Ugghhh. Hunters (finger quotes). I'll never understand trophy killing animals. It's a MN board so I'm positive there are a ton of posters that do. I would never insult them but I just don't get the appeal.
Post #: 2289
RE: General NHL - 9/17/2015 8:22:43 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane talked about the sexual assault investigation against him for the first time Thursday, declaring he had "done nothing wrong" and that he expected to be absolved.

The 26-year-old Kane acknowledged that it has been an "incredibly difficult time for many people" since the allegation surfaced in early August.

"I cannot apologize enough for the distraction this has caused my family, teammates, this incredible organization and, of course, our fans," said Kane, flanked by team officials, including team president and CEO John McDonough. "While I have too much respect for the legal process to comment on an ongoing matter, I am confident once all the facts are brought to light I will be absolved of having done nothing wrong."

Kane is accused of sexually assaulting a woman in her 20s in August at his offseason home in Hamburg, New York, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because police have not revealed details of the case.

He has not been charged. A grand jury hearing was recently postponed and reportedly rescheduled for later this month.

The case has shadowed the Blackhawks for weeks as they prepare for a season that begins at home on Oct. 7. The team held the news conference the day before training camp begins on the Notre Dame campus.

"We recognize that Patrick Kane is dealing with a very serious situation," said McDonough, who was joined by coach Joel Quenneville and general manager Stan Bowman alongside Kane. "Based on our discussions with his legal representatives who are very close to this matter, we have decided to have Patrick join us for training camp."

McDonough said the Blackhawks would re-evaluate Kane's status with the organization if he was indicted of any charges. McDonough remained on script for a majority of the news conference, but he did alter his message after repeated questions about Kane.

"I will say this hasn't been an easy situation for any of us to deal with," McDonough said. "It's been a challenging summer. This has weighed on all of us. We're doing the best we can within the framework of what we can talk about today."

He then said the team would have no further comment on the case. Kane steered questions away from it, too.

"I'm excited to be here at camp just like all the players," he said. "It's good to see your teammates especially after a long summer."

Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews and alternate captains Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook also avoided questions regarding Kane, though Toews acknowledged the situation was unwelcomed.

"I think of course to a certain degree nobody wanted this, but again we don't want to get into those details right now," Toews said. "I'm sure at a later date some questions like that [about Kane], other details will surface. They'll be dealt with at another time. Right now, the three of us are still going to focus on hockey, focus on those questions that are relevant to us and our team right now."

I hope he falls off a bridge.
Post #: 2290
RE: General NHL - 9/17/2015 8:32:50 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Joe,

What are the facts on Kane that you know of? This whole ordeal has been so cryptic it feels like she has a weak case. I'm not, at all, saying he didn't do anything but I've not heard anything either way.

I hate the BH's with a passion (it's a respect but hate thing) so my initial reaction was "he probably did it". As I've calmed down, I have no idea. For all we know, he did nothing wrong and she's looking for money.

That last statement was based on "I've heard no details".

I'm curious on your opinion. You're a BH's fan so it'll be interesting to hear.
Post #: 2291
RE: General NHL - 9/17/2015 8:46:38 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Joe,

What are the facts on Kane that you know of? This whole ordeal has been so cryptic it feels like she has a weak case. I'm not, at all, saying he didn't do anything but I've not heard anything either way.

I hate the BH's with a passion (it's a respect but hate thing) so my initial reaction was "he probably did it". As I've calmed down, I have no idea. For all we know, he did nothing wrong and she's looking for money.

That last statement was based on "I've heard no details".

I'm curious on your opinion. You're a BH's fan so it'll be interesting to hear.

From what I've heard and read, the case was very strong until some of her text messages came to light. I guess she sent a text to one of her friends that had dollar signs in it when referencing the incident. His defense team is trying to work out a settlement with her people, because there is basically no case if she refuses to testify in open court. My whole take on it is that he did all of this to himself, even if he is innocent of the charge. He is an irresponsible tool with more money than brains, at best, and a potential rapist, at worst. The Hawks have treated him with kid gloves and protected him, and he took their efforts for granted. They really had no other option than to bring him into camp, but I don't think that Bowman and McDonough, and a lot of his teammates, want him there. I know I don't want him there.
Post #: 2292
RE: General NHL - 9/17/2015 9:23:49 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Wow, thanks man for the honest answer.

I have a big problem with "athlete seekers". Not to say she's that, but, as this gets deeper, it's looking that way. I think Kane is an ass. His "west side Buffalo" cab incident is all I need to know about his character.

That being said, he "may" be innocent here based on the info coming out. It's hard to say, at this point but he should be considered innocent until...at this point.
Post #: 2293
RE: General NHL - 9/18/2015 7:56:23 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Wow, thanks man for the honest answer.

I have a big problem with "athlete seekers". Not to say she's that, but, as this gets deeper, it's looking that way. I think Kane is an ass. His "west side Buffalo" cab incident is all I need to know about his character.

That being said, he "may" be innocent here based on the info coming out. It's hard to say, at this point but he should be considered innocent until...at this point.

I'm in total agreement with your thought about him being innocent until proven guilty. But however this situation turns out, I'm officially a shelved member of his fan club.
Post #: 2294
RE: General NHL - 9/21/2015 2:36:52 PM   
SoMnFan

This is probably very poor timing, considering the Kane debacle .....
But
Jaromir Jagar is a straight up gangsta.
A blackmailer tried extorting him with an 18 year-old models in-bed picture with him.
His response?
"Yeah? And .....?"
Post #: 2295
RE: General NHL - 9/21/2015 5:55:30 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

This is probably very poor timing, considering the Kane debacle .....
But
Jaromir Jagar is a straight up gangsta.
A blackmailer tried extorting him with an 18 year-old models in-bed picture with him.
His response?
"Yeah? And .....?"

I loved that! "I don't care" is the greatest response I've ever heard to a blackmail attempt.
Post #: 2296
RE: General NHL - 9/23/2015 10:59:08 AM   
SoMnFan

Reason 8,942 why the NHL is and always will be the best league going.
You watch these preseason tune-ups, and you see the superstars busting their ass as much as the kid fighting to make a roster.
Once the game starts, you simply cannot half-ass it. Love that about this glorious game.
Post #: 2297
RE: General NHL - 9/23/2015 11:04:20 AM   
SoMnFan

I've seen a half dozen three on three showcases.
Still
Hate
It
Post #: 2298
RE: General NHL - 9/23/2015 11:08:23 AM   
SoMnFan

What I'd like to see if they insist on this being the norm from now on ...
Would be seeing a new wave of puck handling goaltenders.
Now that'd be cool. Kids like Stalock would be a hot commodity.
Would love to see them start using a goalie to reset the play, like a hybrid point guard.
Post #: 2299
RE: General NHL - 9/23/2015 11:19:20 AM   
SoMnFan

So weird to see Mike Babcock on the Leaf bench. Odd.
Post #: 2300
Page:   <<   < prev  90 91 [92] 93 94   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Page: <<   < prev  90 91 [92] 93 94   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode