Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Gopher Football

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Football Page: <<   < prev  397 398 [399] 400 401   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gopher Football - 11/24/2018 6:03:06 PM   
Bruce Johnson

These kind of days are way too rare for Minnesota sports fans. Let's enjoy and savor the moment. Congratulations to the Gopher football team! It's not a Big 10 championship, but for today we will all take a win over Bucky Badger and a bowl game berth.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 9951
RE: Gopher Football - 11/24/2018 6:17:25 PM   
bstinger

I was watching on DVR. I can't believe this team is has turned it's season around. The extra practices and bowl experience will be huge for the young group of players.

Nice job PJ and players.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 9952
RE: Gopher Football - 11/24/2018 6:30:34 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Just three weeks ago or so they fired their offensive coordinator after an embarrassing loss at home. They certainly did turn their season around.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 9953
RE: Gopher Football - 11/24/2018 6:36:16 PM   
TJSweens

Ruesse is still a moron wrapped in an idiot, who is 30 years removed from his last good colum. With all of candidates tied to the Wolves, he goes after Fleck who now won the Axe and is going to a bowl game in year 2. The reason is simple. Ruesse has had a boner for Fleck since day 1.

I still have no idea if he is the guy, but this was a good day for the program. I hope it's the first of a lot big days.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 9954
RE: Gopher Football - 11/24/2018 6:39:39 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Just three weeks ago or so they fired their offensive coordinator after an embarrassing loss at home. They certainly did turn their season around.

Obviously should have fired the D-Coordinator earlier.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9955
RE: Gopher Football - 11/24/2018 6:44:48 PM   
Mr. Ed

No Axe since 2003.

Oh My

Be nice to keep it a while.

Sconnie was a top 10 team at one point?

3 picks of the "stud qb" Hornibrook. Nice

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9956
RE: Gopher Football - 11/24/2018 7:22:16 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9957
RE: Gopher Football - 11/24/2018 8:39:33 PM   
thebigo

Let's be honest. Who here after Wisconsin drove to end the first half for a TD thought the Gophers would still win?
Post #: 9958
RE: Gopher Football - 11/24/2018 9:00:02 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Let's be honest. Who here after Wisconsin drove to end the first half for a TD thought the Gophers would still win?

I did. Wisconsin is that bad.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9959
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 7:28:15 AM   
Bill Jandro

Last time we beat Wisc at Camp Randal was like 25 years ago.

Need to complete the Wisc sweep with a Viking victory tonight.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 9960
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 9:04:01 AM   
kgdabom

These last two weeks have been so awesome for Gopher Football. They were in desperate need and they may be back on track now.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 9961
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 10:59:59 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Ruesse is still a moron wrapped in an idiot, who is 30 years removed from his last good colum. With all of candidates tied to the Wolves, he goes after Fleck who now won the Axe and is going to a bowl game in year 2. The reason is simple. Ruesse has had a boner for Fleck since day 1.

I still have no idea if he is the guy, but this was a good day for the program. I hope it's the first of a lot big days.

I don't agree with Reusse a good percentage of the time. But I still like him. Anyone who thinks Fleck was a bad choice for the Turkey just because the Gophers beat Wisconsin doesn't get Reusse. He's not deterred by the Gophers winning and making his column look idiotic. He revels in it. He loves being an instigator and troll.

It's possible to like like both Fleck and Ruesse simultaneously. I do.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 11/25/2018 11:01:12 AM >
Post #: 9962
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 11:59:17 AM   
Corleone

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

These last two weeks have been so awesome for Gopher Football. They were in desperate need and they may be back on track now.

Yeah, that loss at home to Northwestern was fantastic.
Post #: 9963
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 12:47:26 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Heck when we missed that FG with 5 minute left and up 16 I still felt uneasy.
Post #: 9964
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 4:25:03 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Yeah, that's a given Jeff
And the only guy my Dad didn't like? Bud Grant. And I agree, in that he started our attitudes.
Great teams of ass-kickers that he insisted take their feet off the gas pedal (IMO)
Brushed off the SB embarrassments because we were #2 and that was ok. So .... being #2 is ok I guess. (take that #2 however you want)
All those years of dominating the awful Central Division, by winning games 13-10. Wheeeeeee.
Don't embarrass other team. Be nice to em. Respect em. While they laugh at us when they beat us.
We're still that way. First to tip the hat. Give the respect. Admit the defeat. Good people. Bad at sports.

10 years ago, I saw the light with respect to Bud Grant and it wasn't good.

TK got us two WS victories. I will be great full to TK even if he has become a dinosaur with respect to baseball.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 9965
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 4:28:32 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

I don't agree with Reusse a good percentage of the time. But I still like him. Anyone who thinks Fleck was a bad choice for the Turkey just because the Gophers beat Wisconsin doesn't get Reusse. He's not deterred by the Gophers winning and making his column look idiotic. He revels in it. He loves being an instigator and troll.

I think the entire Wolves organization deserved the Turkey with Butler the honor of carving it and TT watching like a proud papa of an idiot.

And I am not a fan of Fleck.

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 9966
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 4:58:08 PM   
MDK

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

I know some guys who are gonna flip out about that one!

Phillip John had plenty of company, with Jackass Butler, Too-conservative Zimmer right up there for me.

Gah, the Vikings drive me nuts. As always.

Zimmer's tight to the vest offense until you're behind is NEVER going to get this team past the likes of the Rams and Saints.

And Spielman's refusal to really improve the o-line is factor #2. Dumb ass.

Almost forgot the other candidates ... no kidding
Plenty of choices.

Loved the MNF game ... and hated it at the same time. Because its another evolution of the game that we will be behind the times on.
We are always watching, instead of partaking.
In Minnesota .... we like to watch. That should be a bumper sticker.
Fran, Foreman, Burns, and then '98 ... were the only times we were the shit.
Will never forget one of the first memories I have of becoming a sports nut ...
My Dad (who wasn't that big of a sports guy, he knew stuff, but rarely paid attention) and me are sitting in our cozy living room, must have been early'70s.
And we're watching the New Years Eve college games. Back then we always went to a couple Gopher FB games a year in the old Memorial Bowl.
He and I just sat there with our mouths open. It was someone like Alabama/Oklahoma, and they were running the option.
It was like we had encountered beings from a different planet. The speed and deception was light years ahead of what we had seen in MN up to that time.
It was like we had pulled up to the Indy 500 in our Model T.
It stuck with me all this time. There are different levels of competition in every major sport, and in many ways we are still behind in almost all of them.
So lets all be thankful on this special holiday!

I think it was the 1977 Oklahoma Sooners backfield that completely blew my mind with its size and speed. Everyone was fast. They didn't win the national title but they were awesome as a wishbone backfield.

QB Thomas Lott
FB Kenny King
HB Billy Sims
HB Elis Peacock

Post #: 9967
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 6:35:33 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Corleone

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Yeah, that loss at home to Northwestern was fantastic.

Was that in-between the two wins? I didn't feel like double checking.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 9968
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 7:06:09 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

I think it was the 1977 Oklahoma Sooners backfield that completely blew my mind with its size and speed. Everyone was fast. They didn't win the national title but they were awesome as a wishbone backfield.
QB Thomas Lott
FB Kenny King
HB Billy Sims
HB Elvis Peacock

One of my favorite teams ever to watch.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9969
RE: Gopher Football - 11/25/2018 8:02:12 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

I think the entire Wolves organization deserved the Turkey with Butler the honor of carving it and TT watching like a proud papa of an idiot.

And I am not a fan of Fleck.

Butler was the obvious choice. But that would have a boring column. “Jimmy Butler sucks blah blah blah”. Yawn.

Reusse likes to provoke. Picking Butler would have been beating a dead horse. Pointless.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 11/26/2018 12:09:09 PM >
Post #: 9970
RE: Gopher Football - 11/26/2018 7:32:07 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Corleone

Well, I’ll be god damned...gonna finally beat Bucky.

Life is but a dream.

Kept checking scores ... couldn't believe what we were hearing.
Awesome win
Hope we move on tho
Waiting for the Axe at the airport, really?
I know we haven't been there, but we should probably pretend like we have at least.
Post #: 9971
RE: Gopher Football - 11/26/2018 8:32:50 AM   
TJSweens

Why? We hadn't been there in 14 years. What's the point of a big moment if you can't enjoy the hell out of it? I hope that winning trophies like the Axe, the Bell, Floyd and (gasp) the Little Brown Jug become common enough that we all take it more in stride, but for now. let em have their fun.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 9972
RE: Gopher Football - 11/26/2018 8:56:10 AM   
SoMnFan

Didn't go out and stop them

You're usually the first to stomp on someone's grapes.
Glad to see the change in you.
Oh that's right, its your boy PJ.
Post #: 9973
RE: Gopher Football - 11/26/2018 9:40:34 AM   
TJSweens

Okay. I'll pass it along to my boy to keep his players and their Axe off your lawn too.

Post #: 9974
RE: Gopher Football - 11/26/2018 10:15:56 AM   
SoMnFan

I'd appreciate it, Sweens.

I hear ya on the excitement, good on them
I figured if I ripped Nebraska for gatorading Frost after a win over us, I better stay an equal-opp basher on the celebrations ...
Post #: 9975
Page:   <<   < prev  397 398 [399] 400 401   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Football Page: <<   < prev  397 398 [399] 400 401   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode