Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:NFL News Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:NFL News - 9/14/2007 9:25:43 PM   
Toby Stumbo

take it to the trash talk thread :lol:
Post #: 226
RE:NFL News - 9/14/2007 9:26:53 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Actually, I'll unlock it as it's been a few days so perhaps tempers have cooled down. :wink:
Post #: 227
RE:NFL News - 9/14/2007 9:30:39 PM   
Duane Sampson

I'm the one that started the Vick posts here again. I could post in the locked Vick thread but then no one could respond and that wouldn't be fair, er....wait, ....hey! Now that's an idea.... :lol:
Post #: 228
RE:NFL News - 9/14/2007 9:34:31 PM   
Toby Stumbo

You're such a rebel Sammy :smoke:
Post #: 229
RE:NFL News - 9/15/2007 12:01:13 AM   
[quote="Troy Newell"]Okay, so lets complain about the Mike Vick stuff finding its way into the General Football Thread, then proceed to throw out enough bait to attrack a great white. Freakin Priceless![/quote] [stream]http://www.sharkattackphotos.com/Sounds/jawstheme.wav[/stream]
  Post #: 230
RE:NFL News - 9/15/2007 6:03:42 PM   
Justin Sampson

Who has the most female fans in the NFL? Find Out Here
Post #: 231
RE:NFL News - 9/15/2007 6:44:05 PM   
Lynn G.

I saw that article Justin. I wonder, though, if they factored in "quality" fans who would come out on top? ;) :viking:
Post #: 232
RE:NFL News - 9/15/2007 7:51:36 PM   
Justin Sampson

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]I saw that article Justin. I wonder, though, if they factored in "quality" fans who would come out on top? ;) :viking:[/quote] Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I know alot of female Steelers Fans who only know who one player is on their team. Big Ben.
Post #: 233
RE:NFL News - 9/16/2007 4:07:32 AM   
Ray Peterson

[quote="Justin Sampson"][quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]I saw that article Justin. I wonder, though, if they factored in "quality" fans who would come out on top? ;) :viking:[/quote] Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I know alot of female Steelers Fans who only know who one player is on their team. Big Ben.[/quote] Well, you can see who has the "best" fans here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20751471/ and best of all you can influence the outcome... :whistling:
Post #: 234
RE:NFL News - 9/16/2007 4:26:46 AM   
Lynn G.

Ray, It's been my experience from years of participating in a Packer forum, that whenever it comes to something in which fans are voting, that Packer fans are the absolute best CLICKERS in the country. Not necessarily the best fans, or the smartest people, or the nicest neighbors .... but by gum they can click and multiclick like no one else. If there is a way to beat a system by clearing cookies and clicking again, they'll spend six straight hours at the computer loading the counters. So sorry - I'm not taking that clicking contest as any kind of actual accounting. ;)
Post #: 235
RE:NFL News - 9/16/2007 4:41:29 PM   
Duane Sampson

Larry Johnson Rapper Flap Won't Go Away Sat Sep 15, 2007 The Kansas City Star reports Chiefs RB Larry Johnson talked to reporters after practice Friday. He said he wasn't the one singing in a rap song publicized this week, noting that he was concentrating on Sunday's game against the Bears. The man behind the recording first said the voice was Johnson’s and then changed his tune. Still, the fact remains that Johnson’s name has been connected to a song containing derogatory comments about the Chiefs, racial slurs, profanity and references to guns and weapons. The song on the MySpace Web page of a rap group called SBL Mob created enough of a stir that it even reached the folks in the NFL’s New York office. "We’re aware of it," NFL spokesman Corry Rush said. "I can’t really say whether it violates (the NFL’s personal-conduct) policy, because it’s kind of unprecedented. We haven’t had this type of issue where a player is bad-mouthing an organization or anything of that nature. The commissioner has a lot of (leeway) with the personal-conduct policy. … If this was really the case, I’m sure he would evaluate it." But Johnson indicated that point was moot. He made a statement after practice Friday denying involvement. "I’ve had ongoing problems with people impersonating me on MySpace pages," Johnson said. "I’ve alerted NFL security about the rap song that’s on the Internet that was supposedly rapped by me, which (it) isn’t. It’s in NFL security’s hands, and I’m pretty sure they’ll take care of it to the best of their ability. I’m really worried about the Chicago Bears on Sunday and let things go from there." Johnson answered only one question. Asked whether he was the rapper, Johnson said, "Nope." Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson — the subject of a profane remark in at least one version of the song — had no comment. Later Friday, the song was removed from the page. It was replaced with a statement that read: "The L.J. Track that has been posted and reported through the news radio and tv is in fact a fake. We used this to gain publicity for SBL & Basement Entertainment, and the CD to be put out in Dec. We want to apologize, first and foremost to L.J. & former Chiefs RB Joe Hall, but also to the Chiefs Football Team, for any problems or harm that may have been caused by our actions." At least two versions of the song were on the Internet. In one the singer criticized Chiefs RB Priest Holmes, who is referred to by uniform number 31. The singer said Holmes was embarrassing himself in his comeback after almost two years away from the Chiefs. James Tinberg is the president of Basement Entertainment, the recording label for SBL Mob. At one point Friday, he said he recorded Johnson singing the rap song. He said it was recorded at the Olathe home of former Chiefs and Kansas State RB Joe Hall in early August, when Johnson was holding out from training camp and before he received his new contract extension. Later Friday, though, Tinberg told The Associated Press that the rapper wasn’t Johnson but someone imitating his voice. He said that he lied about the song to reporters and that he "used the media."
Post #: 236
RE:NFL News - 9/18/2007 3:50:48 AM   
Duane Sampson

Leftwich to Visit Falcons Mon Sep 17, 2007 ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Atlanta Falcons are bringing in free-agent QB Byron Leftwich to discuss signing him. If the meeting goes well, they could sign him as early as Tuesday.
Post #: 237
RE:NFL News - 9/18/2007 10:27:10 PM   
Toby Stumbo

And they sign him to a two year deal.
Post #: 238
RE:NFL News - 9/18/2007 10:40:18 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Smart move on the Falcons part. It's pretty obvious they were going no where with the Piano Man.
Post #: 239
RE:NFL News - 9/18/2007 10:41:32 PM   
Trekgeekscott

He got sacked 7 times. How much better do you think the statue that is Byron Leftwich will do?
Post #: 240
RE:NFL News - 9/18/2007 10:43:29 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Good point. I think they have a much better chance with Left. I've always liked that guy.
Post #: 241
RE:NFL News - 9/18/2007 11:02:23 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Hey, the guy's got heart and he is a tough SOB. But that OLine has issues to allow like 12 sacks in 2 games.
Post #: 242
RE:NFL News - 9/18/2007 11:37:22 PM   
Easy E

[quote="Trekgeekscott"]He got sacked 7 times. How much better do you think the statue that is Byron Leftwich will do?[/quote] I think an actual statue would do better than Joey.
Post #: 243
RE:NFL News - 9/19/2007 4:45:55 PM   
Trekgeekscott

[quote="Easy E"][quote="Trekgeekscott"]He got sacked 7 times. How much better do you think the statue that is Byron Leftwich will do?[/quote] I think an actual statue would do better than Joey.[/quote] OK, I am not defending Joey here cause I don't think he is a good QB, but if the guy gets sacked 7 times in one game, six times in another, the problem isn't the QB, it is either protection, receivers not getting open, or a combination of both. Atlanta probably had this problem for the last few years, but no one noticed, cause when protection broke down Vick would take off and make something happen instead of stand there and get sacked. Leftwich, like Harrington, isn't going to do that. Until they fix that protection issue...it wont matter who the QB is.
Post #: 244
RE:NFL News - 9/19/2007 5:02:47 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I don't think the Leftwich signing by them was even really about this year. That was a long term "no more Vick" type signing IMO. Blank knows this year is shot for them and he's looking towards winning next year.
Post #: 245
RE:NFL News - 9/19/2007 5:06:28 PM   
Trekgeekscott

If he is looking toward the future...he is going to have a good shot at getting Brian Brohm. In that case, Leftwich might be a good stopgap until the kid is ready.
Post #: 246
RE:NFL News - 9/19/2007 6:52:17 PM   
Jeff Jesser

That would make a lot of sense with the Lou connection. I don't see Left as a bad pickup either way. They could play him now and he's better then Harrington or draft BB and let him sit for a year behind Left and learn. Win/win from the Falcons and it lets them distance themselves from Vick. Let me be honest here. Does anyone thing the city of Atlanta is buying Harrington jerseys? Leftwich gives them a marketable player for their fan base.
Post #: 247
RE:NFL News - 9/20/2007 12:08:10 AM   
Easy E

[quote="Trekgeekscott"]If he is looking toward the future...he is going to have a good shot at getting Brian Brohm. In that case, Leftwich might be a good stopgap until the kid is ready.[/quote] I think Leftwich is a good QB for them period. They have a great running system, and Leftwich should be perfect in the play action passes they can set up from that. Not that they won't draft a QB, but Leftwich's problem has been injuries, not talent. With their strong running game and very good line play, he could have a lot of success there if he stays healthy. I think he'll be able to use Crumpler and Horn, get him another receiver to go with Norwood (who is excellent, IMO) and they could be scary next year.
Post #: 248
RE:NFL News - 9/20/2007 12:11:30 AM   
Easy E

[quote="Trekgeekscott"][quote="Easy E"][quote="Trekgeekscott"]He got sacked 7 times. How much better do you think the statue that is Byron Leftwich will do?[/quote] I think an actual statue would do better than Joey.[/quote] OK, I am not defending Joey here cause I don't think he is a good QB, but if the guy gets sacked 7 times in one game, six times in another, the problem isn't the QB, it is either protection, receivers not getting open, or a combination of both. Atlanta probably had this problem for the last few years, but no one noticed, cause when protection broke down Vick would take off and make something happen instead of stand there and get sacked. Leftwich, like Harrington, isn't going to do that. Until they fix that protection issue...it wont matter who the QB is.[/quote] Have you watched Joey play many games? The guy is the king of holding the ball too long. Just because he holds onto it forever, and is afraid to let it go (probably because he knows his chances of hitting the opponent are 50-50) doesn't mean that his receivers are covered. He just thinks they are. I really thought he might come around, but he's basically Ryan Leaf. The only reason he's still in the league is because he hasn't freaked out on his teammates.
Post #: 249
RE:NFL News - 9/20/2007 2:33:18 PM   
John Childress

Leftwich is twice the QB that Harrington is He may not be what they hoped he would become but he is a solid QB
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:NFL News Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode