Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:NFL News Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 12:05:57 AM   
Steve Lentz

Everett has had a tremendous upgrade. Physicians now believe he will walk again. Great news.
Post #: 201
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 12:08:15 AM   
Steve Lentz

Looks like the NFL has determined the Patriots are in violation of league rules and may face a stiff penalty.
Post #: 202
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 1:10:33 AM   
Duane Sampson

profootballtalk.com PATS GUILTY OF CHEATING Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has concluded that the New England Patriots violated league rules when videotaping defensive signals being sent in from the sidelines by Jets coaches during Sunday's game at the Meadowlands. NFL Security confiscated a camera and videotape from Pats employee Matt Estrella, a video assistant. Mort says that the evidence that was confiscated confirmed the suspicion. And the punishment could be severe. Mortensen reports that Goodell is considering the possibility of stripping the team of "multiple draft picks," given that he has issued a stern warning to all teams to avoid such behavior. We'll echo what we said below about Claude Wroten and anyone who tests positive at the scouting combine. In this case, the persons responsible for doing this are either stupid, or they have a serious problem. The Patriots previously had been linked to such behavior. And yet they kept on doing it. Former defensive coordinator Eric Mangini is now the head coach of the Jets, and likely knew a thing or two about these practices in New England. And yet they kept on doing it. In fact, we're told by a very good source that, when the Packers caught a Pats employee doing the same thing last season, the Packers knew exactly what to look for, and nailed the guy in the act. The Packers didn't press the issue only because they lost the game 35-0, and didn't want to complain under those circumstances. The Pats' habits in this regard were so well known that, per the same source, Colts president Bill Polian had all on-field cameras removed for the 2006 AFC championship game. Thus, the Patriots knew that other people know what was happening. And yet they kept on doing it. If all of this is true, it reflects a dangerous amount of arrogance in that team's coaching staff. In fact, our guess is that, now that the poo has hit the propeller, whoever put this system in place will privately justify it after the fact by explaining that, in the end, the cost was far less than the benefits that have been derived. And it makes us -- and likely many others -- wonder how far back all of this goes. How many Lombardis are potentially tainted? How many of the games during that record-setting winning streak? Regardless of the lost draft picks, which mean much less in the salary cap era than they used to, there's now a stain on the NFL first dynasty of the new century. How far it spreads and how deep it goes remains to be seen.
Post #: 203
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 1:28:01 AM   
Jim Frenette

Different sport, but still cheating, the Wolves lost 5 #1 draft picks. I'm betting Goodell doesn't have the balls to do the same here.
Post #: 204
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 1:52:04 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke rules by taping Jets' signals NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, according to league sources. NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion. Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents. The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on Tuesday that no official decision has been made and that the club has not been notified. The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game. Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.
Post #: 205
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 2:16:13 PM   
Steven JL

Browns: Is there a more pathetic franchise at the moment? Everytime I see Romeo Crennel interviewed I think of Admiral Stockdale of the Perot ticket in the VP debate "Who am I? Why am I here?" - completely out of place and sweating - looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Then they "flip a coin" for starting QB in the preseason - seriously? And they ADMIT IT? Grow some hair and make a decision. Oh they did, and then pulled the plug 20 minutes into the game. To make it worse the front office is no better - they mortgage their future trading up into the first round to get their glamor boy QB and then don't get him in camp early enough to give him everything he needs to succeed. Finally when they finish 2-14 this year they won't have the #1 overall pick because they foolishly overpaid a top 5 #1 pick in 2008 to move up 14 spots (and gave up their 2007 second rounder to boot!). Unreal. We can only hope Dallas drafts a Johnathon Sullivan type of bust with that pick.
Post #: 206
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 4:02:28 PM   
John Childress

ANd I thought Philly fans were bad: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/09/11/oklahoma.texas.fight.ap/index.html?cnn=yes
Post #: 207
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 4:17:30 PM   
Lynn G.

That story was just plain sick. People praise college football as being better than professional football because "it's such a pure sport and the players are playing just for the love of the sport and not the big bucks." I wish that sentiment could be passed on to the fans. I've heard of many instances of college fans (and not always college STUDENTS as in the above story) that have been really, really ugly encounters. It's shameful how some people will behave over a college sport.
Post #: 208
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 4:39:12 PM   
Steven JL

:shock: If you can't sacrifice your scrotum for your team you're a bit of a fair-weather fan.
Post #: 209
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 5:25:43 PM   
Jake Carlson

"We've got scrotum, yes we do! We've got scrotum. How 'bout you?"
Post #: 210
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 5:27:43 PM   
Steven JL

:lol:
Post #: 211
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 6:37:12 PM   
Jake Carlson

This is a move that makes some sense. He can't be worse than John Daly......I mean Jared Lorenzen.
quote:

Eli Manning is a longshot for Sunday's game against the Packers but hasn't been ruled out. If he can't make it this week, the Giants are confident Manning will return Sept. 23 to face the Redskins in Washington. Perhaps believing the Giants are looking for help, the Buccaneers, according to reports, have contacted the Giants to gauge any interest they might have in Chris Simms, son of Phil. -- NY Post
Post #: 212
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 9:24:35 PM   
John Childress

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/features/9654552.html funny
Post #: 213
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 9:37:34 PM   
Steven JL

[quote="John Childress"]http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/features/9654552.html funny[/quote] How long before she gets a 6-figure offer to bare it all for a Men's magazine? And why doesn't anyone like that sit next to me on my flights? A couple months ago I got a guy who had to be over 400 lbs. He had to raise the arm rests just to fit in the seat. It was man thigh on man thigh from Boston to Detroit! :bang:
Post #: 214
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 10:40:27 PM   
Jeff Jesser

OH my. What is this world coming to? I could understand if she wore a bathing suite but jeez. I've scene people more "obscene" that didn't wear skimpy cloths. Do they have to change too? What about the guy that hasn't showered in a couple of days? Hell, I got on a United plane on Sunday night after being at a soccer game all day. Trust me, I didn't smell too fresh......This country and what it deems appropriate needs to lighten up. I smell a law suite.
Post #: 215
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 10:51:48 PM   
John Childress

SJL - that really hurts Jeff - It was probably some old hag that complained OR Did anyone see the Chris Rock movie "I think I love my wife"? Remember him complaining about the waitress?!!!
Post #: 216
RE:NFL News - 9/12/2007 11:06:19 PM   
Lynn G.

One little note in the article might give a clue. They said she was allowed back on the plane after making some adjustments - including covering her stomach. I suspect she wasn't wearing her outfit in exactly the manner she posed for in that picture.
Post #: 217
RE:NFL News - 9/13/2007 5:30:02 PM   
John Childress

No one, not Eric Arnold, or anyone here is going to tell me to stand here and take insults. Later for that and for all the apologists!
Post #: 218
RE:NFL News - 9/13/2007 7:15:00 PM   
Steven JL

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]One little note in the article might give a clue. They said she was allowed back on the plane after making some adjustments - including covering her stomach. I suspect she wasn't wearing her outfit in exactly the manner she posed for in that picture.[/quote] I agree and trust me I have studied the photo in detail. :twisted: If you look at her "skirt" the top of the skirt is very low - durn close to nether regions, and also realize the story mentions she was asked to pull down her skirt. So if you pull that skirt up to where it would normally be worn around the waist, it is indeed quite short.
Post #: 219
RE:NFL News - 9/14/2007 2:35:46 PM   
Duane Sampson

Animal Rights Groups Want Vick to Serve 57-Month Prison Sentence The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports the federal judge who will sentence Falcons QB Michael Vick has agreed to hear from animal welfare organizations about the specifics of dogfighting. U.S. Distict Court Judge Henry E. Hudson, in Richmond, will allow the groups to file legal briefs, but not actively participate in the sentencing hearing scheduled for Dec. 10. Eleven animal rights groups collectively filed a court motion Sept. 5 detailing the harm to dogs and recommending a 57-month sentence for Vick. The Falcons quarterback entered a guilty plea in the federal case on Aug. 27 on felony charges related to dogfighting. Separately, Quanis Phillips will remain in prison after having his release request to the U.S. District Court of Eastern Virginia denied.
Post #: 220
RE:NFL News - 9/14/2007 3:28:14 PM   
Jeff Jesser

It won't happen but 57 is a BIG number :shock: My guess is that he gets 2 years and 2 probation.
Post #: 221
RE:NFL News - 9/14/2007 4:03:54 PM   
Steven JL

My guess is he's out of the league until 2010 but will find a 2nd chance at that point. During the 2008 season he will very likely be in prison unless he serves less than 8 months. He'll probably be out of prison by 2009 Aug 1 training camp but I'd guess he will be given a one year suspension pending compliance with various requirements. By summer of 2010 he'll have missed 3 full seasons and will be a free agent to come back to the league.
Post #: 222
RE:NFL News - 9/14/2007 7:06:20 PM   
glad to see the mike Vick bitch fest thread being locked has cleared up that redundant posting crap.. seriously...... Why did you lock a thread that absorbed all the BS?!?!? now it's spilling out to general NFL talk. People are not gonna See eye to eye on everything all the time.. Some people think Mike Vick and his wanton disregard for dogs is the most despicable, important, NFL-related discussion that has ever hit the freakin sheets. Others, such as myself, could not give a RAT"S ass because every pit bull that dies makes my day a bit brighter. (ohhh now ain't I just terrible?!?!?) crap arsed breed, bred for 2 things Killing and fighting to maim or kill. That's my opinion. If I see a stray pit bull in my neighborhood...it's either the humane society better get there pronto, or my axe and maul are gonna get messy. I won't risk children and old folks and unsuspecting citizens on the off chance that a stray PIT BULL is the sweetest thing on earth. It could be starving, injured, rabid, or just lost, but Its REPUTATION PRECEEDS IT, and death is a phone call or judgement call away. It's a dog.... Just a dog.... If humane shelters are any indication or the statistics put out by animal advocacy groups are a clear indication of the trends.. 1 MORE DEAD DOG IS NOT GONNA MATTER. Look up "feral dogs" Or "feral cats" Then cry me your river of tears about some worthless breed that gets killed off, set loose or dies because its owner needed to be plinth-ed at birth. boo freakin hoo.
  Post #: 223
RE:NFL News - 9/14/2007 7:49:37 PM   
Troy Newell

Okay, so lets complain about the Mike Vick stuff finding its way into the General Football Thread, then proceed to throw out enough bait to attrack a great white. Freakin Priceless!
Post #: 224
RE:NFL News - 9/14/2007 7:58:12 PM   
Jeff Jesser

[quote="Troy Newell"]Okay, so lets complain about the Mike Vick stuff finding its way into the General Football Thread, then proceed to throw out enough bait to attrack a great white. Freakin Priceless![/quote] You're obviously a racist Troy.... :D :D :D Just trying to get this going a different direction.
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:NFL News Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode