Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Chat with NFL rules analyst Mike Pereira

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Chat with NFL rules analyst Mike Pereira Page: <<   < prev  223 224 [225] 226 227   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chat with NFL rules analyst Mike Pereira - 11/1/2011 6:14:54 PM   
John Childress

He is painful

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 5601
RE: Chat with NFL rules analyst Mike Pereira - 11/3/2011 10:43:01 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jon Thomas

Comment From Cliff

I think Jon Gruden should be required to ref a game and then be judged on his decisions. He roasted the refs all game long. He basically didn't want any calls at all. But of course, that can't be the standard. What do you think the next ref calls in sick, Jon should be a standin ref.

Mike Pereira

He wouldn't last a quarter and besides that, it would be a one man crew. No self-respecting official would ever step on the field with him on their crew.

There are self-respecting officials?
Post #: 5602
RE: Chat with NFL rules analyst Mike Pereira - 11/4/2011 10:01:11 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Ed Hochuli respects his biceps and if you knew what was good for you, you would too 
Post #: 5603
Sunday Morning Thoughts - 11/6/2011 6:58:51 AM   
John Childress

Sam Bradford - one of the most overrated QBs in recent memory.  The guy is not even completing 55% of his passes.  He has a QB rating under 75 and has lost every start.  They put in AJ Feeley and they beat the Saints!

Packers - I am not getting why everyone thinks SD will beat them.  Rivers looks like crap this year and the Chargers are not who they used to be a few years ago.

Post #: 5604
RE: Sunday Morning Thoughts - 11/6/2011 8:51:26 AM   
John Childress

Oh yeah, before people start crying about Bradford's WRs look at the pile of crap McNabb had his first 5 years in the NFL

Torrance Small
Charles Johnson
Todd Pinkston
etc

Post #: 5605
RE: Sunday Morning Thoughts - 11/8/2011 8:55:16 AM   
Andy Lowe

How about those Eagles!!!

Again, Vick is overrated, and you do not start a defense with corners.
Post #: 5606
RE: Sunday Morning Thoughts - 11/13/2011 6:29:17 PM   
Bill Jandro

Eagles lose again. Jackson inactive due to missing a team meeting. They have at least one (Jackson) disgruntled player(s) in that locker room. Can't believe their record.

Seahawks beat Balt. thats extremely embarrassing. Seattle is terrible yet has beaten a couple good teams. (Guess that game may not be over yet)
Post #: 5607
RE: Sunday Morning Thoughts - 11/13/2011 6:43:50 PM   
Bill Jandro

How about this Murry kid from Dallas? Kid reminds me alot of Charles from KC. Runs kind of stiff and too upright but incredible speed. really has some burners once he gets to the 2nd level.

Post #: 5608
RE: Chat with NFL rules analyst Mike Pereira - 11/13/2011 8:48:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Ed Hochuli respects his biceps and if you knew what was good for you, you would too 

Post #: 5609
RE: Sunday Morning Thoughts - 11/14/2011 9:00:43 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

How about this Murry kid from Dallas? Kid reminds me alot of Charles from KC. Runs kind of stiff and too upright but incredible speed. really has some burners once he gets to the 2nd level.

About to make Felix Jones irrelevant in Dallas
Post #: 5610
RE: Sunday Morning Thoughts - 11/14/2011 9:08:52 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Lowe

How about those Eagles!!!

Again, Vick is overrated, and you do not start a defense with corners.

The Eagles must be scratching their head in all the games hey've blown especially at home. Up vs the Falcons by 10 in the 4th and lose by 4, up in the 4th vs Giants lose by 13, Up by 20 vs the 49ers lose by 1, up by 7 in the 4th vs Bears lose by 6, and yesterday up by 7 in the 4th lose by 4 to the frickin Cards.

They're an extremely talented team yet extremely flawed. They struggle in the red zone and are too easy to exploit at LBer. Perhaps making Castillo a DC might cost Reid his job.

It might just be one of those years for them, kind of like ours last season, everything went wrong, just couldn't pull out winnable games and it snow balled.
Post #: 5611
RE: NFL News - 11/14/2011 9:32:28 AM   
Lynn G.

Actually, being up in games and giving them away sounds an awful lot like the Vikings THIS year. Just imagine what if...
Post #: 5612
RE: NFL News - 11/14/2011 10:53:19 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Actually, being up in games and giving them away sounds an awful lot like the Vikings THIS year. Just imagine what if...

Right on
Post #: 5613
RE: NFL News - 11/14/2011 4:36:10 PM   
Bill Jandro

So Reid loses longtime DC J Johnson, then Johnsons Protege must have bolted last year and Ried moves his OL coach to DC??

Not sure if I got it right but if so that is an extremely odd move.
Post #: 5614
RE: NFL News - 11/14/2011 4:42:15 PM   
Bill Jandro

How does Denver win only completing 2 passes.

Not sure if this is a testimonial to Denver's power running game or KC's ineptness to not being able to stop something even though they know its coming.

This definitely shows Fox wants to avoid letting Tebow throw the ball if at all possible.
Post #: 5615
RE: NFL News - 11/16/2011 3:01:20 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Washington Redskins (3-6)Not only have the Redskins lost five in a row to saddle Mike Shanahan with the longest skid of his long NFL head coaching career, but also Washington hasn't even led in a game since winning ugly at St. Louis in Week 4. And yet another Super Bowl-winning head coach looks like he'll fail to recreate whatever magic worked for him in his previous NFL venue.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/11/16/week.10/index.html#ixzz1du7IAKK2

I just have to say that Shanahan's magic was all set up by the fact that he had an all world HOF shoe in at QB with a long career of experience to lead the team in John Elway.  He had a good plan and the perfect players fell into it.  Good Oline, Good RB that benefitted from the program Shanahan was running greatly.  Sometimes you just have great players and it makes you look amazing.  Some coaches can take Alex Smith and make them look good.  Others need John Elway to make them look good.  Worked for Holmgren too.  And Gibbs.  etc  etc  etc

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5616
RE: NFL News - 11/16/2011 3:12:51 PM   
Trekgeekscott

The Patriots have been waiting for that kind of jail break to the quarterback for years now, and it's remarkable how much better the pass defense looks when the heat is on the opposing passer. Simple game, this football.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/11/16/week.10/index.html#ixzz1duB39eWL

Defense starts at the corners?  NOT.

How are the Eagles doing with Ashomugha, Samual and Rodgers-Cromartie at the corners? 

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5617
RE: NFL News - 11/16/2011 3:24:03 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

Washington Redskins (3-6)Not only have the Redskins lost five in a row to saddle Mike Shanahan with the longest skid of his long NFL head coaching career, but also Washington hasn't even led in a game since winning ugly at St. Louis in Week 4. And yet another Super Bowl-winning head coach looks like he'll fail to recreate whatever magic worked for him in his previous NFL venue.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/11/16/week.10/index.html#ixzz1du7IAKK2

I just have to say that Shanahan's magic was all set up by the fact that he had an all world HOF shoe in at QB with a long career of experience to lead the team in John Elway.  He had a good plan and the perfect players fell into it.  Good Oline, Good RB that benefitted from the program Shanahan was running greatly.  Sometimes you just have great players and it makes you look amazing.  Some coaches can take Alex Smith and make them look good.  Others need John Elway to make them look good.  Worked for Holmgren too.  And Gibbs.  etc  etc  etc

Gibbs did have great players but he was largely the architect of those teams, he had 2 journeymen QBs win SBs.

Holmgren definitely needed players like Favre, White, Sharpe, Freeman, etc.... He had tthe reigns in Seattle for a long time and had one season of note. Now he's doing a bang up job with the Browns.
Post #: 5618
RE: NFL News - 11/21/2011 11:16:42 AM   
David F.

This news just in... Raider fans (at least the two sitting behind us) are obnoxious and rude and have horrible potty mouths with no regard to little kids sitting two rows in front of them.
Post #: 5619
RE: NFL News - 11/21/2011 1:17:22 PM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

Gibbs did have great players but he was largely the architect of those teams, he had 2 journeymen QBs win SBs.

Holmgren definitely needed players like Favre, White, Sharpe, Freeman, etc.... He had tthe reigns in Seattle for a long time and had one season of note. Now he's doing a bang up job with the Browns.

I think the author has things backwards

Terrell Davis carried Elway, not the other way around.

Post #: 5620
RE: NFL News - 11/21/2011 3:57:44 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

This news just in... Raider fans (at least the two sitting behind us) are obnoxious and rude and have horrible potty mouths with no regard to little kids sitting two rows in front of them.

That does seem to fit the stereotype. And it really burns that fans like that get to leave the dome with a win.
Post #: 5621
RE: NFL News - 11/21/2011 8:47:26 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

That does seem to fit the stereotype. And it really burns that fans like that get to leave the dome with a win.

I heard that the actual reason for the wave when that player was down was because a Raider fan kept spinning around pointing his gun at the Vikings fans, who just kept raising their hands. What would you do?
Post #: 5622
RE: NFL News - 11/21/2011 8:55:14 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I've come to the belief that John Elway was the most over-hyped/rated player in NFL history. He was so over hyped coming out of college that the hype carried him about 15 years, until he matured into a pretty good QB. A career QB rating under 80?
Post #: 5623
RE: NFL News - 11/22/2011 9:17:40 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I've come to the belief that John Elway was the most over-hyped/rated player in NFL history. He was so over hyped coming out of college that the hype carried him about 15 years, until he matured into a pretty good QB. A career QB rating under 80?

Guy was brilliant late and under pressure.  Led his team to four superbowls...winning two. 

Overhyped?  Perhaps a little.  Overrated?  No.  He played in an era that was more about running the ball than passing...  Lower QB ratings weren't unusual.

The guy won. 
Denver hasn't done squat since he retired.

Post #: 5624
RE: NFL News - 11/22/2011 10:29:26 AM   
John Childress

No, Denver hasn't done squat since Terrell Davis blew his knee out

Elway played in 5 Super Bowls and in ONE GAME did he play well!

12 for 22, 123 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT

12 for 23, 153 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs

One of those is Trent Dilfer's SB line and the other one is Elway's SB line against the Packers

Both guys won

Yeah, Elway's line is the first one. He really led them to victory over the Packers. MR OVERRATED

You know why elway had so many 4th quarter comebacks? because opposing teams ran out of breath at mile high!

Post #: 5625
Page:   <<   < prev  223 224 [225] 226 227   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Chat with NFL rules analyst Mike Pereira Page: <<   < prev  223 224 [225] 226 227   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode