Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:NFL News Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:NFL News - 8/31/2007 5:39:45 PM   
Stacey King

[quote="Duane Sampson"]Rams | Steussie suffers broken foot; PUP bound Fri, 31 Aug 2007 01:12:04 -0700 The Associated Press reports St. Louis Rams OL Todd Steussie (foot) suffered a broken left foot Thursday, Aug. 30. Steussie was projected as a backup this season after making 15 starts for the team last year. He will be sidelined six to eight weeks and will undergo surgery as soon as possible. He will also be placed on the team's Physically Unable to Perform list. [/quote] He is not PUP eligible. Unless I am completely mistaken and I don't think I am!
Post #: 126
RE:NFL News - 8/31/2007 5:45:49 PM   
Lynn G.

What's with the plural "hands" in the headline? It made it sound like he broke both of them, which would really bite big time for Feeley.
Post #: 127
RE:NFL News - 8/31/2007 5:51:56 PM   
Duane Sampson

Got to be a typo. Although my brother once broke both arms at the same time.
Post #: 128
RE:NFL News - 8/31/2007 6:06:35 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Don't feel too bad for him guys.
Post #: 129
RE:NFL News - 8/31/2007 6:07:38 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I've been trying to tell you gabroni's that soccer isn't evil :twisted:
Post #: 130
RE:NFL News - 8/31/2007 11:37:25 PM   
Jake Carlson

Wonder if the Eagles will go after Leftwich? Sources: Garrard to be starting QB; Jags to trade or release Leftwich http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2999662
Post #: 131
RE:NFL News - 8/31/2007 11:44:38 PM   
John Childress

[quote="Jake Carlson"]Wonder if the Eagles will go after Leftwich? Sources: Garrard to be starting QB; Jags to trade or release Leftwich http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2999662[/quote] I doubt it. They are really impressed with the rookie and some feel he could even start later this year. Also, Reid has been real careful about McNabb's ego. I think that is part of the reason they let Garcia walk; they don't want a veteran QB behind McNabb who could start. Feeley won't be out that long and Reid likes him because "he knows the system". Feeley is a horrible QB though
Post #: 132
RE:NFL News - 8/31/2007 11:45:05 PM   
John Childress

Also, the way Tony Hunt has run this preseason they no longer feel naked at RB
Post #: 133
RE:NFL News - 8/31/2007 11:50:50 PM   
Jake Carlson

Good point about McNabb's ego, JC. I guess drafting Kolb was enough of a hit for him. It'll be interesting to see who shows interest in Leftwich. I thought he was going to become a decent QB a couple years ago.
Post #: 134
RE:NFL News - 8/31/2007 11:57:47 PM   
John Childress

L Byron really needs to lose some weight and learn how to set up quicker. He is injured a lot. I can't believe ATL would pass on ANY QB at this point. KC?
Post #: 135
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 12:03:27 AM   
John Childress

Andy Reid's oldest son tested positive for Heroin so now he has also violated his probation and is under house arrest! At some point Reid has to step down
Post #: 136
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 1:35:58 AM   
DeLain

What is Reid supposed to do now? I think it is a little late.
Post #: 137
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 2:56:21 AM   
[quote="John Childress"]L Byron really needs to lose some weight and learn how to set up quicker. He is injured a lot. I can't believe ATL would pass on ANY QB at this point. KC?[/quote] ****************************************** I agree on both points. Leftwich is slow afoot and doesn't have a very quick release. And yes, Atlanta is in no position to be not looking at ANY QB.
  Post #: 138
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 4:44:52 AM   
Jake Carlson

[quote="John Childress"]L Byron really needs to lose some weight and learn how to set up quicker. He is injured a lot. I can't believe ATL would pass on ANY QB at this point. KC?[/quote] I agree on the analysis of Leftwich as well. From everything I've heard/read, Herm and his boys love Croyle and are just waiting for him to be ready. I could see Atlanta or maybe even Baltimore.
Post #: 139
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 2:34:39 PM   
John Childress

[quote="DeLain"]What is Reid supposed to do now? I think it is a little late.[/quote] Most likely you are right. But I would go down swining. If Reid stepped down from the Eagles and tried to do something I am sure that there is a team that would hire him as HC/GM in 2 years. Sure, he has built a good team and now he has drafted a young QB that can take the team for another decade (in his mind). But how can you stand by and let your kids fall apart like that and not even try?
Post #: 140
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 5:48:12 PM   
Lynn G.

I agree with you John. Obviously we don't know the whole story, but I'd give up any career in order to do whatever I could to help my kids if they were in the middle of a crisis as his are. The Reid boys are clearly beyond the point in which you can just insist that they pull themselves back up by the bootstraps and fix themselves. They need lots of help, and who better than their own parents?
Post #: 141
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 7:28:01 PM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="John Childress"][quote="Jake Carlson"]Wonder if the Eagles will go after Leftwich? Sources: Garrard to be starting QB; Jags to trade or release Leftwich http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2999662[/quote] I doubt it. They are really impressed with the rookie and some feel he could even start later this year. Also, Reid has been real careful about McNabb's ego. I think that is part of the reason they let Garcia walk; they don't want a veteran QB behind McNabb who could start. Feeley won't be out that long and Reid likes him because "he knows the system". Feeley is a horrible QB though[/quote] Johnny C... When's the last season that McNabb played the FULL season or almost ALL of the season? 2004? Coach Reid aint dumb. He needs to groom a QB for the future. So, he drafted Kolb. McNabb's best days are like the things you see in your rear view mirror....they are behind him.
Post #: 142
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 8:19:54 PM   
Jim Frenette

This is a frist for me. Wade Wilson QB coach is suspended 5 games for using PED. Is this while he was playing or not to make him a better coach?
Post #: 143
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 8:57:01 PM   
Jake Carlson

[quote="Jim Frenette"]This is a frist for me. Wade Wilson QB coach is suspended 5 games for using PED. Is this while he was playing or not to make him a better coach? I saw that story as well, Fargo. How odd is this?
quote:

The NFL on Saturday confirmed that Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson admitted to NFL officials that he received illegal drugs while an assistant with the Chicago Bears. Wilson, who has been suspended for five games by the league, told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley that he took a substance which he did not specify to treat his diabetes. He said he did not pass the drugs along to anyone else and that he had "no regrets on trying to improve my quality of life." According to the New York Daily News, Wilson admitted receiving human growth hormone while working for the Bears from 2004-06. The league said that Harrison, Wilson and Richard Ryzde, a former doctor for the Pittsburgh Steelers, were involved in an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers being investigated by the Albany (N.Y.) District Attorney's office.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3000615
Post #: 144
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 10:16:25 PM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="Jake Carlson"][quote="Jim Frenette"]This is a frist for me. Wade Wilson QB coach is suspended 5 games for using PED. Is this while he was playing or not to make him a better coach? I saw that story as well, Fargo. How odd is this?
quote:

The NFL on Saturday confirmed that Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson admitted to NFL officials that he received illegal drugs while an assistant with the Chicago Bears. Wilson, who has been suspended for five games by the league, told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley that he took a substance which he did not specify to treat his diabetes. He said he did not pass the drugs along to anyone else and that he had "no regrets on trying to improve my quality of life." According to the New York Daily News, Wilson admitted receiving human growth hormone while working for the Bears from 2004-06. The league said that Harrison, Wilson and Richard Ryzde, a former doctor for the Pittsburgh Steelers, were involved in an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers being investigated by the Albany (N.Y.) District Attorney's office.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3000615 If it is to help him with his diabetes, and he wasn't playing anymore, and he did pass them on, what is the difference. I take steroids everyday in an inhaler to help clear my lungs. If a coach needed that, would he have a lifetime ban?
Post #: 145
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 11:41:25 PM   
Lynn G.

Jim, The distinction is that these were identified as "illegal drugs." The ones you're taking are legal. I don't know what makes the drugs he took illegal. Maybe they are something banned by the FDA and are brought in illegally from Mexico or something.
Post #: 146
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 11:45:39 PM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]Jim, The distinction is that these were identified as "illegal drugs." The ones you're taking are legal. I don't know what makes the drugs he took illegal. Maybe they are something banned by the FDA and are brought in illegally from Mexico or something.[/quote] I didn't think about that. If they actually help diabetes, why didn't he get a doctor to give him a Rx?
Post #: 147
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 11:50:46 PM   
Lynn G.

I don't know. Perhaps it's something not allowed in our country because the research shows too many potential dangers.
Post #: 148
RE:NFL News - 9/1/2007 11:55:57 PM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]I don't know. Perhaps it's something not allowed in our country because the research shows too many potential dangers.[/quote] Or that was just an excuse
Post #: 149
RE:NFL News - 9/2/2007 1:07:11 AM   
John Childress

[quote="Chicken Legs"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Jake Carlson"]Wonder if the Eagles will go after Leftwich? Sources: Garrard to be starting QB; Jags to trade or release Leftwich http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2999662[/quote] I doubt it. They are really impressed with the rookie and some feel he could even start later this year. Also, Reid has been real careful about McNabb's ego. I think that is part of the reason they let Garcia walk; they don't want a veteran QB behind McNabb who could start. Feeley won't be out that long and Reid likes him because "he knows the system". Feeley is a horrible QB though[/quote] Johnny C... When's the last season that McNabb played the FULL season or almost ALL of the season? 2004? Coach Reid aint dumb. He needs to groom a QB for the future. So, he drafted Kolb. McNabb's best days are like the things you see in your rear view mirror....they are behind him.[/quote] No, Reid isn't that smart or he would have kept Garcia. The Eagles QB lineup should have been McNabb-Garcia-Kolb and they would have looked just like the Vikings in 1999. mcNabb's best throwing days are ahead of him - but only if he can avoid injury. McNabb was having one of his best years last year before he got hurt.
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:NFL News Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode