Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: RE:The Lions

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:The Lions Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE:The Lions - 10/30/2008 10:13:21 AM   
djskillz

I wonder if it's an indictment of his talent too.

Maybe Daunte thinks that HE is not good enough and therefore doesn't want to embarrass himself.  And also doesn't feel like he COULD get a higher contract based on performance.

I don't know; just throwing it out there.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 51
RE: RE:The Lions - 10/30/2008 10:30:31 AM   
Don T in CO

If I was a psychologist, I'd probably say that almost all of DC's troubles related to not having an NFL job right now are ego related.  It is DC's ego that keeps him from hiring an agent, being a student of the game, not working out to be in top condition, not accepting a 3rd string position and working his way back up through an organization, etc.  I still feel that if DC would humble himself and apply himself, that he could get back to being a top 10 QB in the league in the next few years.

But, for the record, I'm not a psychologist; I just play one on the internet.  
Post #: 52
RE: RE:The Lions - 10/30/2008 11:13:58 AM   
djskillz

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 53
RE: RE:The Lions - 10/30/2008 11:27:45 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duane Sampson

I don't blame him one bit for dissing KC. Unless he's desperate for money, why in the hell would he want to play there?

Why would anyone want to play in Detroit?

At least work out for both teams and get a feel for the franchises.
Post #: 54
RE: RE:The Lions - 10/30/2008 11:36:21 AM   
Jeff Jesser

He probably thinks he'll get a chance to stick it to KA twice a year, ergo his ego that's been brought up.  
Post #: 55
RE: RE:The Lions - 10/30/2008 11:37:40 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duane Sampson

I don't blame him one bit for dissing KC. Unless he's desperate for money, why in the hell would he want to play there?

He could just sell that stupid gold pepper he use to wear to Lil Wayne for about a mil.  That can't be the case. 
Post #: 56
RE: RE:The Lions - 11/21/2008 12:47:32 PM   
Duane Sampson

Post #: 57
RE: RE:The Lions - 12/21/2008 10:27:04 AM   
Kurtis

The Lions quest to stay perfect actually has a pretty serious test the last two weeks of the season. On paper those are easy losses, but New Orleans doesn't want to back out of the playoffs when they could "seize the day" and show themselves the exit. Green Bay will have a lot to lose for next week, too, as they eye the draft pick seeding. I'm not saying the Lions can't do it, but they'll have to stay focused in their pursuit of history.
Post #: 58
RE: RE:The Lions - 12/21/2008 2:43:43 PM   
Kurtis

I clearly underestimated the Lions.
Post #: 59
RE: RE:The Lions - 12/30/2008 6:55:01 PM   
Jim Frenette

Since Kitna was hurt, does that take him off the hook for saying once again the Lions would win 10 games?

Fargo
Post #: 60
RE: RE:The Lions - 12/30/2008 7:20:47 PM   
Does any other division have as big a patsy as ours?

They have sucked, literaly for decades....

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 61
RE: RE:The Lions - 12/30/2008 8:18:16 PM   
marty

They have sucked, literaly for decades....

True, but they usually give us a game.  Many games have gone down to the 4th quarter.
Post #: 62
RE: RE:The Lions - 12/30/2008 8:30:46 PM   
That's on us.....
sadly

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 63
RE: RE:The Lions - 12/30/2008 8:35:39 PM   
Lynn G.

Nah. Division rivals often fight tough, even when they're lousy teams. The Lions aren't unique there, nor are we for having tough games against them.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 64
RE: RE:The Lions - 12/30/2008 9:08:17 PM   
John Childress

I have to agree with Lynn.

When Dallas went 1-15 their one win was against Washington who was 1 year removed from winning their 2nd SB and 2 years away from winning their 3rd.

OTOH, there was a time when we owned Detroit and beat them with ease for several years during the early Culpepper era I believe - maybe even Randall and George

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 65
RE: RE:The Lions - 5/5/2009 3:20:12 PM   
Tim Cady

Not that it matters, but I am a numbers guy. I am curious:

Why is Stafford wearing #9 for the Lions? There doesn't appear to be a number 7 (his college number) on the roster. I can't believe the lions have any retired numbers outside of 20, which was recently retired for Sanders, Simms and some Db. I kinda look for it, but didn't come up with anything. They didn't have the press conference where they introduce him on their website when I looked.
Post #: 66
RE: RE:The Lions - 5/5/2009 3:48:26 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

Why is Stafford wearing #9 for the Lions? There doesn't appear to be a number 7 (his college number) on the roster. I can't believe the lions have any retired numbers outside of 20, which was recently retired for Sanders, Simms and some Db. I kinda look for it, but didn't come up with anything. They didn't have the press conference where they introduce him on their website when I looked.

Maybe he just decided he likes the number 9 better than 7?

Maybe he couldn't get 9 in college?

Who knows...and further...who really cares?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 67
RE: RE:The Lions - 5/5/2009 3:49:29 PM   
Jeff Jesser

It's a prediction on how many TO's Culpepper will have per game.  Mind tricks already by the young kid 
Post #: 68
RE: RE:The Lions - 5/5/2009 4:15:28 PM   
quote:

#7 is retired, Dutch Clark.

Interesting fact, Stafford went to the same high school as Bobby Layne. I think his #22 is also retired.
  Post #: 69
RE: RE:The Lions - 5/5/2009 9:26:59 PM   
Tim Cady

Thanks Pete.

Jeff, that is just mean...

Scott....JackAss! I just said I was curious,  if you didn't care.... why comment on it....thus you get the JackASS!
Post #: 70
RE: RE:The Lions - 5/5/2009 9:28:36 PM   
Tim Cady

And  yes, I knew about the Bobby Layne connection. I still feel like Stafford will be nothing special and Sanchez will be.
Post #: 71
RE: RE:The Lions - 5/6/2009 9:51:11 AM   
Jeff Jesser

They had Stafford on ESPN:360 getting a make over from Sharipova 

Sorry, what was I saying???

Oh yeah.  He's actually a pretty funny dude and does have a personality.  You just have to goad it out of him.  He's a lot like Manning was when he came out.  Shy and keeps to himself but when he says something it's actually pretty funny.

I have a feeling he'll get eaten alive in Detroit though. 
Post #: 72
RE: RE:The Lions - 5/6/2009 11:57:36 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Thanks Pete.

Jeff, that is just mean...

Scott....JackAss! I just said I was curious,  if you didn't care.... why comment on it....thus you get the JackASS!

Just offering a couple of possibilities.  That makes me a JackASS?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 73
RE: RE:The Lions - 5/6/2009 12:12:16 PM   
Easy E

Tellling people the things they want to chat about are worthless or pointless is a lot more offensive than you seem to think. I honestly don't think you realize this, or maybe don't mean it the way you intend, but the truth is, yeah.. it kinda does. You have every right to do it, obviously. Just wish you wouldn't.

Who the heck is Dutch Clark?

Post #: 74
RE: RE:The Lions - 5/6/2009 12:21:29 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Earl Harry "Dutch" Clark (October 11, 1906 – August 5, 1978) was a professional football player for the Detroit Lions in the National Football League. In his final two seasons he was the Head Coach of the Detroit Lions.
At Colorado College, he was a member of Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity.
He set a team rushing record in 1936 that stood for 36 years.
He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1963.
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:The Lions Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode