Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  121 122 [123] 124 125   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/14/2016 6:03:33 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

4 of the top 10 rated teams are from the Big 10.
2 definitely should be.
1 certainly deserves consideration.
1 hasn't convinced me yet.

IMO, there is Alabama and about 20 other teams in the country playing for second place. Michigan experienced what USC and Oregon have experienced in the past. When your conference is a bit deeper, you can't afford to take a weekend off.

Winning in the Pac 12 every week is brutal because the quarterbacks are so good. Take one week off and a program like Washington State, Utah or ASU can clip you. The SEC has horrendous quarterbacks. If one ends up good, they win it all. Auburn won with Newton. Florida with Tebow. Bama with a couple of decent guys. Outside of that, the conference hasn't produced a ton of talent at quarterback. Dak Prescott had Mississippi State competitive for the first time in decades. They went back to being Mississippi State as soon as he left. A&M was fun when Manziel was there. He left and gonzo went the Aggies. Chase Daniel at Missouri, same thing.

If you don't have the guy slinging it, you have no chance.

The Pac 12 has five of the top 16 teams in the country according to the Sagarin Rankings. They will be lucky to get one team into the four-team playoff, which means it is a shameful system.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/14/2016 6:14:15 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3051
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 12:58:04 PM   
SoMnFan

Notre Dames 4-8 season gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Love it.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 3052
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 1:03:34 PM   
JC2015

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

4 of the top 10 rated teams are from the Big 10.
2 definitely should be.
1 certainly deserves consideration.
1 hasn't convinced me yet.

IMO, there is Alabama and about 20 other teams in the country playing for second place. Michigan experienced what USC and Oregon have experienced in the past. When your conference is a bit deeper, you can't afford to take a weekend off.

Winning in the Pac 12 every week is brutal because the quarterbacks are so good. Take one week off and a program like Washington State, Utah or ASU can clip you. The SEC has horrendous quarterbacks. If one ends up good, they win it all. Auburn won with Newton. Florida with Tebow. Bama with a couple of decent guys. Outside of that, the conference hasn't produced a ton of talent at quarterback. Dak Prescott had Mississippi State competitive for the first time in decades. They went back to being Mississippi State as soon as he left. A&M was fun when Manziel was there. He left and gonzo went the Aggies. Chase Daniel at Missouri, same thing.

If you don't have the guy slinging it, you have no chance.

The Pac 12 has five of the top 16 teams in the country according to the Sagarin Rankings. They will be lucky to get one team into the four-team playoff, which means it is a shameful system.

That is because too much emphasis is placed no not having a loss and not enough on quality of opponent

Louisville shows they are a fraud

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 3053
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 5:11:27 PM   
Andy Lowe

Are the Sagarin ratings actually still around? LOL
Post #: 3054
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 5:43:55 PM   
thebigo

I'd love to see the USC-Alabama rematch.

Post #: 3055
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 5:57:16 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ed_Marotske

The Michigan and OSU losses have been HUGE. If Penn State wins out, then neither OSU nor Michigan would make it into the B1G Championship Game. Talk about throwing a monkey wrench into the playoffs. The only team IMO who is a lock for the playoff is Alabama, and damn if they don't look scary good. True Freshman QB is a STUD!

The Big Ten is now experiencing what the Pac 12 has for over a decade. The deeper the conference, the harder it is to get them into the playoff or title picture.

I would argue that USC is playing as good of football as anyone outside of Alabama at this point.

I would argue the Big 10 is one of the top 2 conferences in football.

I would argue that 4 Big 10 teams would have run the table in conference play if they were in the Pac XX
Post #: 3056
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 6:03:19 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Love it.

I smell a New Years Day Participation Trophy Bowl Game headed their way.
Post #: 3057
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 6:05:11 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Love it.

I smell a New Years Day Participation Trophy Bowl Game headed their way.

Headlines today said "Kelly exploring other options"
Yeah, he's obviously earned a promotion to somewhere.
Wait ... you can't go up from there. I'm told it's Heaven on Earth.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 3058
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 6:27:38 PM   
Jeff Jesser

It's Indiana man.....
Post #: 3059
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 7:41:15 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Michigan and OSU losses have been HUGE. If Penn State wins out, then neither OSU nor Michigan would make it into the B1G Championship Game. Talk about throwing a monkey wrench into the playoffs. The only team IMO who is a lock for the playoff is Alabama, and damn if they don't look scary good. True Freshman QB is a STUD!

The Big Ten is now experiencing what the Pac 12 has for over a decade. The deeper the conference, the harder it is to get them into the playoff or title picture.

I would argue that USC is playing as good of football as anyone outside of Alabama at this point.

I would argue that 4 Big 10 teams would have run the table in conference play if they were in the Pac XX

No quarterbacks in the Big Ten. The Pac 12 would beat the daylights out of them. I would argue that Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn State are all vastly overrated. Whomever gets to the final four from that conference will get rolled.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/27/2016 7:42:43 PM >

Post #: 3060
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 8:40:00 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No quarterbacks in the Big Ten. The Pac 12 would beat the daylights out of them. I would argue that Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn State are all vastly overrated. Whomever gets to the final four from that conference will get rolled.

Just like we should cancel the NFL season and give Carolina the Ring?

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 3061
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/27/2016 10:01:18 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Pac XX only looks like it has QBs, because of bottom feeder defenses across the board, year after year.
Post #: 3062
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 10:19:40 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Pac XX only looks like it has QBs, because of bottom feeder defenses across the board, year after year.

Agree with this in general. Never trust a Pac 12 skill position player (offense) until tested against non-Pac 12 competition. On the other hand, if a defender stands out it can mean they're elite, as we've seen in our LBs.
Post #: 3063
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 10:20:49 AM   
bohumm

We don't know about conferences until Bowl season, and even then it can be difficult.
Post #: 3064
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 1:05:33 PM   
Andy Lowe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Like when the Buckeyes routed the "vaunted" Oregon squad?
Post #: 3065
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 1:16:01 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Lowe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do you live close to Columbus? Hopefully no deaths(except shooter) to report.
Post #: 3066
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 1:26:18 PM   
Andy Lowe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Lowe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do you live close to Columbus? Hopefully no deaths(except shooter) to report.

Hey Mark. Yeah, about 10 miles outside of campus.

Thanks for asking. Have several friends that work there, but no one I know involved.

From what I heard, guy had a knife, and cut several people, one seriously. I guess he had a gun too.

I'm going to assume he killed himself
Post #: 3067
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 5:48:40 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Defenses always look worse when the league has quarterbacks. Defenses always look great when there is none. The Big Ten West is a mediocre conference (at-best) right now. The Sagarin Conference Ratings say it all. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2016/conference/

I guarantee you this, none of those sloppy-ass Big Ten offenses want anything to do with USC right now.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/28/2016 5:53:32 PM >

Post #: 3068
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 6:27:24 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Defenses always look worse when the league has quarterbacks. Defenses always look great when there is none. The Big Ten West is a mediocre conference (at-best) right now. The Sagarin Conference Ratings say it all. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2016/conference/

I guarantee you this, none of those sloppy-ass Big Ten offenses want anything to do with USC right now.

I guarantee you USC isn't going to get a chance. The BIG 10 has a better chance of getting 2 teams in the playoffs than USC has of making it.

Post #: 3069
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 6:31:44 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I guarantee you USC isn't going to get a chance. The BIG 10 has a better chance of getting 2 teams in the playoffs than USC has of making it.

I agree. Doesn't mean it isn't true.

However, if USC gets into the Rose Bowl and faces a Big Ten program, it is going to be an embarrassing day for the Big Ten.

Post #: 3070
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 6:35:47 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

However, if USC gets into the Rose Bowl and faces a Big Ten program, it is going to be an embarrassing day for the Big Ten.

It doesn't mean a thing. Just Like you saying Carolina was the best in the NFL.

I'm sure the Big 10 will be real concerned about their 3rd or 4th best team in the Rose Bowl.

Post #: 3071
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 6:44:36 PM   
Brad H

My question is, why is Condoleeza Rice part of the College Football Selection Committee?

Post #: 3072
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 6:45:32 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It doesn't mean a thing. Just Like you saying Carolina was the best in the NFL.

I'm sure the Big 10 will be real concerned about their 3rd or 4th best team in the Rose Bowl.

Hoping for USC versus Wisconsin. I may even buy a ticket to watch that beat down.

The truth is, everybody should be pushing for an 8-team playoff. A lot of teams are stacked up behind Alabama this season and most are going to be pissed that they did not get in. USC fans have no vision of getting into the playoff. They know the dream was gone after four weeks.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/28/2016 6:49:43 PM >

Post #: 3073
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 6:56:26 PM   
Brad H

After Alabama, I see at least 11 teams that could beat one-another on any given weekend.

The biggest fraud has to be Penn State. They had one good Saturday against Ohio State, and played a bunch of bums outside of that game. The next biggest fraud is Wisconsin. The Gophers had them over a barrel until Mitch Leidner showed up in the 4th quarter. What a sham that those two teams are playing for the Big Ten championship. They should cancel the event.

Nebraska ranked #16 going into last week? Haven't beaten a team with a pulse all season. Sagarin has them ranked #34.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/28/2016 7:07:26 PM >

Post #: 3074
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 11/28/2016 7:31:00 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

My question is, why is Condoleeza Rice part of the College Football Selection Committee?

That's a very racist comment.

just kidding. couldn't help myself

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3075
Page:   <<   < prev  121 122 [123] 124 125   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  121 122 [123] 124 125   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode